Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Strain: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$34.96
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.99
Kundo (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Simpsons: The Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.96
Neighbors (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Oblivion (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 6 (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
The Nutty Professor: 50th Anniversary (Blu-ray)
$28.99
The Tim Burton Collection (Blu-ray)
$26.49
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.95
Wrong Turn Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$12.98
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Rate the movie (After You've Seen It!)
One Star 12 1.11%
Two Stars 25 2.30%
Three Stars 96 8.85%
Four Stars 352 32.44%
Five Stars 600 55.30%
Voters: 1085. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-11-2012, 08:49 PM   #6941

Mar 2010
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtBatPack View Post
When the Dark Knight Rises hits BluRay probably sometime in December 2012, does anybody think they will come out with the collection pack that includes all of Nolan's Batman films?
Obviously they will
Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:57 PM   #6942
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008
-
Send a message via AIM to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by csdot View Post
Catwoman has been portrayed a lot throughout her history with her hair exposed. i can understand having a preference but its still true to the character.
She hasn't had free-flowing hair for a long time. She had it when she debuted and for a while after that, but all modern incarnations have her head covered. Since this is a modern incarnation, it's reasonable to be annoyed when it doesn't match other modern takes. It'd be as if they put Batman in an explicitly briht blue cape in a movie. Sure, he had a blue cape in the past, and it's been portrayed a lot of different ways, but modern incarnations go for black (or, at best, black with blue highlights).
I need to stop buying so many movies and not getting around to watching them.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:50 PM   #6943
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Interzone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
She hasn't had free-flowing hair for a long time. She had it when she debuted and for a while after that, but all modern incarnations have her head covered. Since this is a modern incarnation, it's reasonable to be annoyed when it doesn't match other modern takes. It'd be as if they put Batman in an explicitly briht blue cape in a movie. Sure, he had a blue cape in the past, and it's been portrayed a lot of different ways, but modern incarnations go for black (or, at best, black with blue highlights).
im not arguing with the preference, id prefer a total Jim Lee Hush costume myself. but for most of Catwomans existence her hair has been exposed. i dont really find it that suprising or confusing, and i dont really see any problem with it. i dont expect everything to be exactly the way i would like it be. as long as it works its fine with me.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:33 AM   #6944
Expert Member

Jul 2011

Quote:
This Week's Cover: Our 2012 Forecast issue takes you to the set of 'The Dark Knight Rises'
by EW staff Jan 11 2012 06:00 PM ET

In a year crowded with some of the most anticipated movies in years (The Hunger Games, The Hobbit, The Avengers, and The Amazing Spider-Man, to name just a few), The Dark Knight Rises might be the most anticipated of them all. The third and final installment in Inception director Christopher Nolan’s trilogy of Bat-flicks — which will once again star Christian Bale as the caped crusader and introduce Thomas Hardy as the brilliant, brutish terrorist Bane and Anne Hathaway as the purrrrfectly mercurial Selina Kyle — will swing into theaters on July 20, four years after The Dark Knight ignited a cultural sensation, grossed $533 million, and earned Heath Ledger a posthumous Oscar. The new issue of Entertainment Weekly – our annual Forecast issue, which previews the pop culture year looming ahead — goes to the Rises set and offers some insight into how Team Nolan hopes to match their previous success. “I can tell you the truth because I’m done with it: I felt immense pressure,” Christian Bale tells EW. “And I think it’s a good pressure, because you owe it to the films — and the people’s expectations — to make great work.”

We know some Batman fans want to know absolutely nothing about Rises, so much so that even the smallest bit of intel requires a SPOILER ALERT! Like the fact that the new movie returns to The Batcave (M.I.A. during The Dark Knight, as Wayne Manor was still being rebuilt following the events of Batman Begins), or that Rises takes places eight years after The Dark Knight. In fact, fans may want to revisit that second film, as Nolan tells EW that the last chapter of his cinematic saga explores the ramifications of The Dark Knight’s chilling climax, in which Batman and super-cop Jim Gordon (Gary Oldman) hatch a conspiracy to cover up the sins of Gotham City’s so-called “white knight,” the late Harvey Dent, a.k.a. Two-Face (Aaron Eckhart). Nolan also discusses the potential political subtext of Rises and addresses the burning question many fans have about Bane’s mask-muffled voice: Are we going to be able to understand the guy? “I think when people see the film, things will come into focus,” says the director. “Bane is very complex and very interesting and when people see the finished film people will be very entertained by him.”

For more about The Dark Knight Rises — as well as peeks at dozens of the year’s most anticipated movie, TV, music, and publishing projects — pick up the special Forecast issue of EW, on stands Jan. 13.
http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/01/11/th...forecast-2012/
Old 01-12-2012, 12:43 AM   #6945
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008

Quote:
Actually...

This is one of the more recent depictions of Batman, as well.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:55 AM   #6946

Apr 2010
Gresham, OR

Quote:
Catwoman has been portrayed a lot throughout her history with her hair exposed. i can understand having a preference but its still true to the character.
Agree but true or not she looks sooo much better with short hair
WhY So SeRiOuS?
TV: 73" Mitsubishi Receiver: Pioneer VSX-522-k Speakers: Klipsch KC-25, FV-35, KB-15
PSN ID: aphelps Consoles: PS3 & PS4 Handheld: PS Vita
Phone: iPhone 6 Tablet: iPad 2 Laptop: MacBook
Instagram: @gothamcity_thejoker Twitter: @jokerha13
Old 01-12-2012, 09:50 AM   #6947
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008
-
Send a message via AIM to Afrobean
Quote:
im not arguing with the preference, id prefer a total Jim Lee Hush costume myself. but for most of Catwomans existence her hair has been exposed. i dont really find it that suprising or confusing, and i dont really see any problem with it. i dont expect everything to be exactly the way i would like it be. as long as it works its fine with me.
Batman had a bright blue cape for most of his history too. But what do you think would have happened if Nolan had put Batman in grey tights and a blue cape? He could say "it's faithful to the source material" but people would hate it. Because that's not how it's done anymore.

The Brave and the Bold is an aberration. It's a throwback to the silver age, the time when he DID wear blue, the time when Catwoman wore a dress and had free-flowing hair. They also did a Superfriends throwback short recently and I'm sure that also featured a blue cape. That's not what anyone is talking about. Those Batman cartoons are NOT based on modern Batman, they're nostalgic winks at a history that's long since passed.

But yeah, that's why so many don't like the Catwoman costume. It's some strange combination of modern design theory and past camp. If Nolan were doing something with a tone like Batman Forever, with some serious material and some jokey, wacky material, this Catwoman design would be a lot more at home. A campy throwback updated to the modern age, like Mr. Freeze's armor or the Riddler's green spandex. That's not what people want from a Nolan design though. They want realism and they want modern and they want serious. Catwoman in high heels? Flowing hair? Weird "ears" and a domino mask that ain't foolong anyone?
I need to stop buying so many movies and not getting around to watching them.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:50 AM   #6948
Special Member

Oct 2008
Maryland

If the studio is actually worried about Bane's voice in the film then they should just have somebody put Nolan in a headlock until he agrees to change it.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:18 PM   #6949

Oct 2008
St. Paul, MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
If the studio is actually worried about Bane's voice in the film then they should just have somebody put Nolan in a headlock until he agrees to change it.
Haha.

Do you think Nolan will ever live that down? Heck, I was reading Grantland (from the ESPN's the Sports Guy) and they were talking about David O. Russell's tantrums - and sure enough, the headlock came up.
I'm the one that uses the digital copies.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:51 PM   #6950
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2007
Kent

Quote:
Batman had a bright blue cape for most of his history too. But what do you think would have happened if Nolan had put Batman in grey tights and a blue cape? He could say "it's faithful to the source material" but people would hate it. Because that's not how it's done anymore.

The Brave and the Bold is an aberration. It's a throwback to the silver age, the time when he DID wear blue, the time when Catwoman wore a dress and had free-flowing hair. They also did a Superfriends throwback short recently and I'm sure that also featured a blue cape. That's not what anyone is talking about. Those Batman cartoons are NOT based on modern Batman, they're nostalgic winks at a history that's long since passed.

But yeah, that's why so many don't like the Catwoman costume. It's some strange combination of modern design theory and past camp. If Nolan were doing something with a tone like Batman Forever, with some serious material and some jokey, wacky material, this Catwoman design would be a lot more at home. A campy throwback updated to the modern age, like Mr. Freeze's armor or the Riddler's green spandex. That's not what people want from a Nolan design though. They want realism and they want modern and they want serious. Catwoman in high heels? Flowing hair? Weird "ears" and a domino mask that ain't foolong anyone?
cat woman looks horrible... not because it reflects a "campy" age gone by but simply because its horrible

if Nolan made batmans suit blue and grey people would have watched it and loved it anyway and the only people *****ing about it would probably be.. *ahem*
ppl didnt moan and whine over Tobey Maguires colourful outfit and that of the other characters in the film

they didnt go "man this is so 80s... im not watching this" ... on the contrary

catwoman looks horrible simply because its horrible regardless of the context
Old 01-12-2012, 01:31 PM   #6951
Expert Member

Jul 2011

Old 01-12-2012, 03:18 PM   #6952
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2010
Deep in the jungle.

He can either fix the voice of Bane or lose ticket sales.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:17 PM   #6953

Jul 2008
London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmy Lugosi View Post
He can either fix the voice of Bane or lose ticket sales.
I doubt WB are going to give a damn if you choose not to go.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:31 PM   #6954
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
York, somewhere else in England

You guys need to stop whining, I have hearing problems, always had and will more than likely still have them by the films release, and I've had no problem understanding what he's saying, and all I've seen of the prologue are the bootlegs. Time for some of you guys to pitch your ears up and start listening, because trust me, you're not going to avoid this at the cinemas because someones hard to hear (if so, The Dark Knight wouldn't be the 3rd highest grossing film of all time)
Remaining Films of 2014 I'll check out: Fury. Nightcrawler. Mr. Turner. Interstellar. The Drop. The Imitation Game. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1. Horrible Bosses 2. Men, Women and Children. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies. Dumb and Dumber To. Exodus: Gods and Kings. Big Eyes. Unbroken.
Best Films of the Year so far: Boyhood. Calvary. Frank. Godzilla. Gone Girl. The Rover. The Raid 2. The LEGO Movie. Under the Skin.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:51 PM   #6955
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2010
Deep in the jungle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodo Faggins View Post
I doubt WB are going to give a damn if you choose not to go.
No, but they might if 10,000 of my fans decide to join me.

Just kidding.

Honestly, though, if they don't fix the issue, there will continue to be bad buzz (pun only partially intended) about this film.

In fact, the uproar over perceived problems with this film absolutely dwarf the perceived problems about The Dark Knight. There's a serious issue with the sound....unless Bane is supposed to be Kenny from South Park.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:54 PM   #6956
Expert Member

Jul 2011

Quote:
The Dark Knight Rises issue of Entertainment Weekly hits newsstands tomorrow, but the digital version of the magazine is available today on tablets. I downloaded it this morning to my iPad and there’s lots of great info and some new pictures too!

The Dark Knight Rises begins 8 years later, with Bruce Wayne still recovering mentally and physically from The Joker/Two-Face’s actions in The Dark Knight.
The Batcave is back! So is the waterfall, lake, and a new plastic cabinetry that rises from the water with the push of a button.
Bruce Wayne will have to repair his relationships with Alfred and Lucious Fox.

Christopher Nolan on Bane:

I think when people see the film, things will come into focus. Bane is very complex and very interesting and when people see the finished film people will be very entertained by him.

Christian Bale on wearing the Batsuit for the last time:

My last day in the suit was also the last day of shooting for me. I was in New York, on top of a downtown skyscraper. The day begin with Morgan Freeman and then ended with Anne Hathaway. I got to say goodbye from within the batcowl.

http://batman-news.com/news/#ixzz1jGbfACQ4

Old 01-12-2012, 07:21 PM   #6957
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Interzone

Quote:

well your first problem is this delusion that your opinion represents the majority.
that out of the way, the suit is almost identical to the modern incarnation of Catwoman (minus the hood). i dont see the whats so "campy" about a womans hair being exposed. Selina Kyles identity isnt as much of a problem to keep secret as she isnt a public figure. i dont see what "foolong anyone" has to do with anything. she doesnt strike me as the type of character to be committing crimes out in broad daylight in full view of people in the first place. the fact that you insist free flowing hair is too campy but a hood WITH CAT EARS that serve no real function is OK is baffling to me.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:45 PM   #6958
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2009
Middle TN
Send a message via AIM to nremdn

I always try to keep an open mind, but i'm finding it very hard to accept Bane being shorter than Batman.
Mr. Beautiful Emotionally Handicapped
PSN: nremdn
Battlelog: nremdn
Pigeon Boys #01
Old 01-12-2012, 09:08 PM   #6959
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2007
Club Loop

Quote:
Originally Posted by nremdn View Post
I always try to keep an open mind, but i'm finding it very hard to accept Bane being shorter than Batman.
Aint working for me either. He doesnt need to be enormous, but he should be larger than Batman IMO.
Because Calamari Marionette Ph.D sounded pompous, that's why.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:14 PM   #6960
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2009
Middle TN
Send a message via AIM to nremdn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquidPuppet View Post
Aint working for me either. He doesnt need to be enormous, but he should be larger than Batman IMO.
Yeah that's pretty much my thought as well. I don't need/want him to be cartoonish, but it would be nice if he posed a definite physical threat to Batman. He should at the least be more physically imposing than Batman. In all the pictures I have seen, he is very clearly smaller in stature than Batman.
Mr. Beautiful Emotionally Handicapped
PSN: nremdn
Battlelog: nremdn
Pigeon Boys #01
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies