Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Star Wars: Rebels - Complete Season One (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Hammer Horror Classics, Volume 1 (Blu-ray)
$38.47
Mad Max Anthology (Blu-ray)
$49.98
The Originals: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$27.99
The Walking Dead: Seasons 1-4 (Blu-ray)
$68.99
We Are Still Here (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Mad Max: Fury Road (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Vampire Diaries: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Men in Black 3 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Scorpion: Season One (Blu-ray)
$39.95
Toy Story of Terror! (Blu-ray)
$9.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Rate the movie (After You've Seen It!)
One Star 12 1.11%
Two Stars 25 2.30%
Three Stars 96 8.85%
Four Stars 352 32.44%
Five Stars 600 55.30%
Voters: 1085. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2012, 11:42 PM   #8581
tommyboy81 tommyboy81 is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
tommyboy81's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
Savannah, GA
17
93
3
2
Send a message via MSN to tommyboy81 Send a message via Yahoo to tommyboy81
Default

Can listen to the whole soundtrack if you guys want. Here

http://batman-news.com/2012/07/10/li...ght-now-audio/
[Home Theater Setup

TV: Panasonic 50ST50 Plasma
Receiver: Denon 1712 *new*
Front Speakers: Polk Monitor 50's
Center: Polk CS10 *new*
Surrounds: Yamaha NX-220P
Sub: SVS SB-1000 *new*
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:49 PM   #8582
NARMAK NARMAK is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
NARMAK's Avatar
 
Feb 2007
United Kingdom
137
18
Default

Saw the poster, loved the look. Sent my IMAX a message on Facebook asking for this. I'm not going to the 5am showing but the 8.20am showing. Apparently the UK can't get this movie before the US midnight screening which is why we didn't get ours till 5am

It's most likely the month of Ramadan then and i gotta eat, pray and catch some shut eye if i even want to make the 8.20am showing. Gotta go down at like 7am to even get into the que for good seating and if theres no poster left

I was even the first person to buy tickets to the local true IMAX. In fact, here's the neat thing. First person in the UK to buy TDKR IMAX (true IMAX) tickets
[Show spoiler]Probably . Got up to buy them 9am, they weren't even available online till way after
500GB PS3
Panasonic 50VT20B
PSN ID: NARMAK

Last edited by NARMAK; 07-10-2012 at 11:51 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:53 PM   #8583
tommyboy81 tommyboy81 is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
tommyboy81's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
Savannah, GA
17
93
3
2
Send a message via MSN to tommyboy81 Send a message via Yahoo to tommyboy81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Malibu2009 View Post
Moving seats?
Maybe he was at a 4D theater?
[Home Theater Setup

TV: Panasonic 50ST50 Plasma
Receiver: Denon 1712 *new*
Front Speakers: Polk Monitor 50's
Center: Polk CS10 *new*
Surrounds: Yamaha NX-220P
Sub: SVS SB-1000 *new*
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:01 AM   #8584
NARMAK NARMAK is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
NARMAK's Avatar
 
Feb 2007
United Kingdom
137
18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyboy81 View Post
Can listen to the whole soundtrack if you guys want. Here

http://batman-news.com/2012/07/10/li...ght-now-audio/
Thanks a lot for posting this. I just am listening to this now and it sounds EPIC! and i'm only 2 tracks in

Can't wait to see how much more epic this sounds during the actual movie.

Just on a quick note, this thread has actually reached 465k VIEWS!

That's accounting for the numbers lost since the crash. I kind took it upon myself to meaure the pre-crash number with what they were after the crash and that's the best approximate figure i've got. Amazing to think this is probably the biggest thread we've ever had viewed for a movie and what greater thing than to have such a thread for the swan song of Nolan's Batman
500GB PS3
Panasonic 50VT20B
PSN ID: NARMAK
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:03 AM   #8585
BStecke BStecke is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
BStecke's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
353
1
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
Yes, that's what I was referring to.

Couldn't stand it. Way too intense.
Are all the seats at your IMAX D-Box? At the theater we go to it's just a couple rows. I agree though, it's annoying. I sat in them for a little demo they had in the lobby and two minutes for a trailer was more than enough for me.
That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness that turns good men . . . cruel.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:03 AM   #8586
blu-mike blu-mike is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
blu-mike's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
440
2
Default

Don't read this spoiler its prob fake but i wouldnt take anychances if you dont want anything spoiled.

[Show spoiler]There has been some reports that John Blake's full name is John Robin Blake
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:04 AM   #8587
tommyboy81 tommyboy81 is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
tommyboy81's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
Savannah, GA
17
93
3
2
Send a message via MSN to tommyboy81 Send a message via Yahoo to tommyboy81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARMAK View Post
Thanks a lot for posting this. I just am listening to this now and it sounds EPIC! and i'm only 2 tracks in

Can't wait to see how much more epic this sounds during the actual movie.

Just on a quick note, this thread has actually reached 465k VIEWS!

That's accounting for the numbers lost since the crash. I kind took it upon myself to meaure the pre-crash number with what they were after the crash and that's the best approximate figure i've got. Amazing to think this is probably the biggest thread we've ever had viewed for a movie and what greater thing than to have such a thread for the swan song of Nolan's Batman
I like Underground Army a lot. #7 sounds too much of a Pirates track to me.
[Home Theater Setup

TV: Panasonic 50ST50 Plasma
Receiver: Denon 1712 *new*
Front Speakers: Polk Monitor 50's
Center: Polk CS10 *new*
Surrounds: Yamaha NX-220P
Sub: SVS SB-1000 *new*
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:13 AM   #8588
MykeHavoc MykeHavoc is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
MykeHavoc's Avatar
 
Nov 2011
Nashua, NH
397
772
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BStecke View Post
Are all the seats at your IMAX D-Box? At the theater we go to it's just a couple rows. I agree though, it's annoying. I sat in them for a little demo they had in the lobby and two minutes for a trailer was more than enough for me.
I don't know. It was my first and only time in an IMAX. I have no interest after that. Honestly, The screen messes with my depth perception. I'm honestly much more content on a standard screen.
TV: Vizio E371VL
BD player: Insignia NS-BRDVD3
Sound Bar: Vizio VSB200
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:16 AM   #8589
Afrobean Afrobean is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Afrobean's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
-
Send a message via AIM to Afrobean
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallywhitty View Post
Obviously the Nolan films aren't realistic, but I think it's safe to say that they're steeped in realism much more so than previous Batman films.
No. They all lack realism, the Nolan films just present everything as though it is realistic. For example, Batman takes ballistics off of a shattered bullet. This is completely insane. This is completely impossible. But the film presents it in a way that suggests that not only is it possible, but it is a clever way of solving the problem.

It's all a question of tone. Present insane things in the right light and you can make them seem "realistic". I've heard people say the new Spider-man movie is "realistic". A boy is bitten by a genetically engineered spider and it somehow gives him super reflexes, super strength, and the unexplained ability to stick to walls. But that's "realistic".

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMatt View Post
oh and... Full Circle.
*Thomas Lennon as a doctor*
Oh, so Memento is canon with the Batman films.
I need to stop buying so many movies and not getting around to watching them.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:20 AM   #8590
dallywhitty dallywhitty is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
dallywhitty's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
Shropshire, UK
601
190
Send a message via MSN to dallywhitty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
No. They all lack realism, the Nolan films just present everything as though it is realistic. For example, Batman takes ballistics off of a shattered bullet. This is completely insane. This is completely impossible. But the film presents it in a way that suggests that not only is it possible, but it is a clever way of solving the problem.

It's all a question of tone. Present insane things in the right light and you can make them seem "realistic". I've heard people say the new Spider-man movie is "realistic". A boy is bitten by a genetically engineered spider and it somehow gives him super reflexes, super strength, and the unexplained ability to stick to walls. But that's "realistic".
That's exactly what I mean, though. It was just poor wording on my part. The Nolan films go to great lengths to justify everything whereas the other films say, 'Look, this is a comic book film - just go with it.'
dallywhitty's faves, ya'll:

Film: Blade Runner --- Director: David Lynch --- Actor: Oliver Reed --- Actress: Nastassja Kinski
Album: Movement by New Order --- Video game: Metal Gear Solid ('98) --- TV show: Twin Peaks
Novel: It by Stephen King --- Comic/graphic novel: Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth by Grant Morrison

Last read: It by Stephen King --- Currently reading: The Stand by Stephen King
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:31 AM   #8591
TheZoof TheZoof is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
TheZoof's Avatar
 
Aug 2008
Ottawa,Canada
14
420
36
2
Send a message via MSN to TheZoof
Default

WOW that soundtrack is slick... 'Why do we Fall' has to be the best one... it is so epic... love it.

CAN'T WAIT....
The Zoof

Living Room - Pioneer KRP-500M | Pioneer Elite SC-25 | Panasonic DMP-BD89| PS4 | Wii U
Speakers
- PSB Image B25 Monitor | PSB Alpha B1 Monitor | PSB Alpha C1 Monitor | Klipsch SW-115

Fav Blu Right Now - No Country for Old Men
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:32 AM   #8592
tommyboy81 tommyboy81 is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
tommyboy81's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
Savannah, GA
17
93
3
2
Send a message via MSN to tommyboy81 Send a message via Yahoo to tommyboy81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZoof View Post
WOW that soundtrack is slick... 'Why do we Fall' has to be the best one... it is so epic... love it.

CAN'T WAIT....
judging from the last track I''m expecting something sad at the end.
[Home Theater Setup

TV: Panasonic 50ST50 Plasma
Receiver: Denon 1712 *new*
Front Speakers: Polk Monitor 50's
Center: Polk CS10 *new*
Surrounds: Yamaha NX-220P
Sub: SVS SB-1000 *new*
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:40 AM   #8593
Mandalorian Mandalorian is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
Mandalorian's Avatar
 
Sep 2010
24
953
186
136
62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyboy81 View Post
judging from the last track I''m expecting something sad at the end.
Yeah, the end of Nolan and Batman making some of the greatest comic book films to ever grace the silver screen.

Nothing more, nothing less. *wink, wink*
Favorite Films The Dark Knight The Shawshank Redemption Pulp Fiction The Empire Strikes Back The Departed No Country For Old Men Jaws The Lord of the Rings District 9 The Lion King Raiders of the Lost Ark Children of Men Vertigo Casino Royale The Cove Jurassic Park Alien GoodFellas The Iron Giant Traffic
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:44 AM   #8594
BStecke BStecke is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
BStecke's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
353
1
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
I don't know. It was my first and only time in an IMAX. I have no interest after that. Honestly, The screen messes with my depth perception. I'm honestly much more content on a standard screen.
Yeah, that's definitely not the "standard" IMAX experience. I'd highly recommend giving it another shot. The Dark Knight in IMAX was the most memorable experience I've had at the movies.
That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness that turns good men . . . cruel.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:45 AM   #8595
joenostalgia23 joenostalgia23 is offline
Power Member
 
joenostalgia23's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
Monrovia, CA
1167
8
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post

Oh, so Memento is canon with the Batman films.
From now on, every time I watch Memento I'm going to pretend that there's a young Bruce Wayne out there wandering that world.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:48 AM   #8596
joenostalgia23 joenostalgia23 is offline
Power Member
 
joenostalgia23's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
Monrovia, CA
1167
8
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
Yes, that's what I was referring to.

Couldn't stand it. Way too intense.
I'd give it another go with this film. It has over an hour of IMAX footage and most IMAX theaters don't even have D-box seats(Which I also am uninterested in).
IMAX can be pretty intense, but I think it'd be a lot easier to handle without the seats moving. Just ask the ticket person if there are any non-motion seats.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:49 AM   #8597
tommyboy81 tommyboy81 is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
tommyboy81's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
Savannah, GA
17
93
3
2
Send a message via MSN to tommyboy81 Send a message via Yahoo to tommyboy81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joenostalgia23 View Post
I'd give it another go with this film. It has over an hour of IMAX footage and most IMAX theaters don't even have D-box seats(Which I also am uninterested in).
IMAX can be pretty intense, but I think it'd be a lot easier to handle without the seats moving. Just ask the ticket person if there are any non-motion seats.
man I would've hated those for the IMAX Transformer 3 in 3D
[Home Theater Setup

TV: Panasonic 50ST50 Plasma
Receiver: Denon 1712 *new*
Front Speakers: Polk Monitor 50's
Center: Polk CS10 *new*
Surrounds: Yamaha NX-220P
Sub: SVS SB-1000 *new*
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:54 AM   #8598
Mike53421 Mike53421 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Mike53421's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
Mississauga, ON
40
Canada

I have this assumption that they're going to run a screening through the viral again and I checked with the last movie and tickets were released the Thursday before release (8 days) in the late-evening; unfortunately if this is the case I am out of town without access to my phone.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:48 AM   #8599
joenostalgia23 joenostalgia23 is offline
Power Member
 
joenostalgia23's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
Monrovia, CA
1167
8
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyboy81 View Post
man I would've hated those for the IMAX Transformer 3 in 3D
Transformers 3 looked great, but I got a huge headache in IMAX. 3D and IMAX and a mixture of blurry/grainy footage made it quite a chore to watch. I had to keep my head completely still, if I tilted it during action scenes it just gave me a migraine.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:57 AM   #8600
tommyboy81 tommyboy81 is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
tommyboy81's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
Savannah, GA
17
93
3
2
Send a message via MSN to tommyboy81 Send a message via Yahoo to tommyboy81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joenostalgia23 View Post
Transformers 3 looked great, but I got a huge headache in IMAX. 3D and IMAX and a mixture of blurry/grainy footage made it quite a chore to watch. I had to keep my head completely still, if I tilted it during action scenes it just gave me a migraine.
same here. (headache and all) If i tilled my head it was blurred. I was sitting 4 rows back to the far right.
[Home Theater Setup

TV: Panasonic 50ST50 Plasma
Receiver: Denon 1712 *new*
Front Speakers: Polk Monitor 50's
Center: Polk CS10 *new*
Surrounds: Yamaha NX-220P
Sub: SVS SB-1000 *new*
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
Batman Returns Discussion Movies grimball 38 07-26-2012 02:27 PM
The [Rec] 2 Discussion Thread Movies GreenScar 54 06-12-2010 02:35 AM
Bruce's discussion thread... Movie Polls bruce_pullen 119 03-10-2009 08:42 PM
Batman/Batman Returns/Batman Forever/Batman & Robin (UK) December 29th Blu-ray Movies - International diamondfoxxx 0 09-19-2008 11:13 AM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:16 PM.