COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dexter: The Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Poirot: The Complete Cases Collection (Blu-ray)
$198.49
Orange Is the New Black: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Draft Day (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.24
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Ray Donovan: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.49
Hawaii Five-0: The Third Season (Blu-ray)
$25.25
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Eternal Damn Nation (Blu-ray)
$15.25
Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$91.99
Destroy All Monsters (Blu-ray)
$12.74
Godzilla vs. Megalon (Blu-ray)
$12.74
Cat People (Blu-ray)
$16.99
The Slumber Party Massacre (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Titanic 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.49
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$19.96
The Wind Will Carry Us (Blu-ray)
$19.49

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 05-06-2008, 06:05 PM   #1
Banned

Jan 2007
Default Iron Man is going to be a bad ass Blu-ray

I am sure you guy already know but damn that Iron Man is going to be bad ass on blu. I hope they DTS-HD and give it the full treatment. And special interactive features. Ladies..It is good time to be alive...

Last edited by apollo92178; 05-06-2008 at 06:10 PM.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:07 PM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2007

Given that it is Paramount, it will be TrueHD.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:10 PM   #3
Banned

Jan 2007

Sorry to sound ignorant but is TrueHD just as good???
Old 05-06-2008, 06:12 PM   #4
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007
Sworn super-hero now services Atlanta (and suburbs).
Send a message via AIM to CptGreedle

Yes, indeed it will be.
And I will be able to enjoy this WITHOUT the crappy ass audience members... all the teenage girls that text their friends on their phones in front of you with their bright glowing screens that BLIND you
all the boys that think they are cool to have their keys dangling on their belt like a janitor and have to make 5 trips to the bathroom JINGLING along the way
all the high school idiots that make racist remarks as loud as they can to other people and then get upset people shush at them only to threaten to bomb them
All the chit chat and chatter from the teenagers who rather talk during the movie than watch the thing we all paid to watch
all the parents trying to hush their child who is TOO YOUNG to see the movie but thought it would be ok only have to have their kid ask what certain adult words mean right in your ear

seriosuly....
This, all in one sitting ladies and gentlemen. I will NEVER go back to the Reston Town Center theater. Once it is on Blu-ray... quiet! Nothing but me, my wife, some popcorn, and one loud, HD, big screen movie!!
Sony KDL-46XBR3 46" Bravia
PlayStation 3 500 GB / Wii
Yamaha HTR-6090 / JBL CONTROL1XTREME / Definitive ProCenter 2000
My BD Collection / PSN ID: CptGreedle
/ WeaklyAnimated.com / TangentArtists
"Film Grain = Good Film"
Old 05-06-2008, 06:14 PM   #5
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2008
R. Cucamonga, CA Blu Ray Steelbooks™: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptGreedle View Post
Yes, indeed it will be.
And I will be able to enjoy this WITHOUT the crappy ass audience members... all the teenage girls that text their friends on their phones in front of you with their bright glowing screens that BLIND you
all the boys that think they are cool to have their keys dangling on their belt like a janitor and have to make 5 trips to the bathroom JINGLING along the way
all the high school idiots that make racist remarks as loud as they can to other people and then get upset people shush at them only to threaten to bomb them
All the chit chat and chatter from the teenagers who rather talk during the movie than watch the thing we all paid to watch
all the parents trying to hush their child who is TOO YOUNG to see the movie but thought it would be ok only have to have their kid ask what certain adult words mean right in your ear

seriosuly....
This, all in one sitting ladies and gentlemen. I will NEVER go back to the Reston Town Center theater. Once it is on Blu-ray... quiet! Nothing but me, my wife, some popcorn, and one loud, HD, big screen movie!!
That really does suck. I've never had an experience even 10% that bad before.

Though I do get ill with parents dragging their little 4 year olds into movies they shouldn't be in (aka 'Forgetting Sarah Marshall).

I won't even get into that rant...
32" 1080p - Sharp Aquos LC-32D62U | BD Player - 40GB Sony PS3
Sony DG-720 7.1 Receiver (3.1 setup) | Polk CS2 (Center) | Polk Monitor 60s (Fronts)
94 Blus and Counting
Last Steelbooks purchased -- Terminator 3 (Germany), Twilight (Spain), Leon (Germany) | Last Steelbooks ordered -- LOTR Trilogy (Germany)
Old 05-06-2008, 06:15 PM   #6

Aug 2007

Quote:
Yes, indeed it will be.

seriosuly....
wow... sounds like you had a bad experience, i only had crying baby at my movie theater
Old 05-06-2008, 06:15 PM   #7

Sep 2007
Mansfield, TX

Try watching it in an air force theater with 800 students, 17-19 years old. But it was free, and early, so I cant complain too much.
Sony 55NX810 1080p LED LCD Onkyo TX-SR805B APC H15
Polk RTi8:FL, FR, SL, SR. Center: CSi5. Sub: PSW10
Sony PS3 Slim 120GB Gamertag: feestr
Blu-rays: 225+ PS3 Games: 2
Old 05-06-2008, 06:15 PM   #8

Jan 2008
Texas
Send a message via AIM to dieheart

Quote:
Yes, indeed it will be.

seriosuly....

If you viewing was that bad, you should have walked out, and got your money back. I dont stand for idiots in a theater at all. My parents walked out of a couple movies because of stuff like this.

Anyway, I thought the very moment the movie finished how awsome this will look on blu hehe.
Vizio 32" 720p/1080i
PS3 40gig
Sony STR-D565
Old 05-06-2008, 06:16 PM   #9

Nov 2007

Quote:
Yes, indeed it will be.

seriosuly....
totally agree.....its amazing how people dont know how to act in public.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:16 PM   #10
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2008
R. Cucamonga, CA Blu Ray Steelbooks™: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieheart View Post
If you viewing was that bad, you should have walked out, and got your money back. I dont stand for idiots in a theater at all. My parents walked out of a couple movies because of stuff like this.

Anyway, I thought the very moment the movie finished how awsome this will look on blu hehe.
+1

There'd be hell to pay...
32" 1080p - Sharp Aquos LC-32D62U | BD Player - 40GB Sony PS3
Sony DG-720 7.1 Receiver (3.1 setup) | Polk CS2 (Center) | Polk Monitor 60s (Fronts)
94 Blus and Counting
Last Steelbooks purchased -- Terminator 3 (Germany), Twilight (Spain), Leon (Germany) | Last Steelbooks ordered -- LOTR Trilogy (Germany)
Old 05-06-2008, 06:17 PM   #11
Banned

Jan 2007

I feel you on the goofy ass teenagers, that part of the reason I work out so much in case i have to kick multiple asses, lol. I recommended avoiding the nights they will be there( friday in my case) if that doesn't work I would be talking to the manager with his head in a vice grip or a one way conversation with him or her nodding their head in approval.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:18 PM   #12
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007
Sworn super-hero now services Atlanta (and suburbs).
Send a message via AIM to CptGreedle

I should have walked out. Really. I actually had to get the security and missed 5 minutes of the movie.
I will see this again in theaters just to make up for the audience, not to mention that this was a movie on opening day and it was already dirty! I wonder of they roll them on the floor before putting them in the projector...

digital theater next time.
Sony KDL-46XBR3 46" Bravia
PlayStation 3 500 GB / Wii
Yamaha HTR-6090 / JBL CONTROL1XTREME / Definitive ProCenter 2000
My BD Collection / PSN ID: CptGreedle
/ WeaklyAnimated.com / TangentArtists
"Film Grain = Good Film"
Old 05-06-2008, 06:21 PM   #13
Man in the Box

Jan 2007

Quote:
I should have walked out. Really. I actually had to get the security and missed 5 minutes of the movie.
I will see this again in theaters just to make up for the audience, not to mention that this was a movie on opening day and it was already dirty! I wonder of they roll them on the floor before putting them in the projector...

digital theater next time.
Too bad you had such a bad time. I haven't seen the movie yet, will wait a while till the crowds die down. I was initially going to wait for blu-ray only, but given the reviews and reactions to the movie, I'll see this one on the big screen, maybe on a Thursday night, the last week it runs.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:46 PM   #14

Jan 2008

when i went some guys cell phone was playing skynard and this moron family decided to bring a 2 and 4 yr old. good thing they were both sitting far enough away from me to not annoy me, much. i had to see this movie in the theater though, and it was awesome. saw it in the dlp theater.
52" Samsung LN52A650 lcd
Onkyo 605 receiver
Ps3 120gb
Definitive Tech ProMonitor 1000 l/r, Procenter 2000, and Promonitor 800's surround
Harmony One remote
Old 05-06-2008, 07:07 PM   #15
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2007
Club Loop

Quote:
Yes, indeed it will be.

seriosuly....
When it comes to movies that will attract an audience like this, I go during the day on a weekday, or late at night on a weekday when they will be in school, or at home because its a school night. I AVOID the weekends when at all possible.
Because Calamari Marionette Ph.D sounded pompous, that's why.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:29 PM   #16

Jan 2008
Juuuuuuuust A Bit Outside....

it could always be a crappy transfer (not sure why they would cut corners when it is making so much at the box-office, but I'm just sayin' !!!! )
Excessive Compulsive Ellipses Abuser
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffetfroid View Post
The chip on your shoulder is bigger than Godard's ego.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42041 View Post
oh dear its a crazy person
Old 05-06-2008, 07:38 PM   #17

Jan 2008
Juuuuuuuust A Bit Outside....

Quote:

EDIT

Deleted because I thought better of it
Excessive Compulsive Ellipses Abuser
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffetfroid View Post
The chip on your shoulder is bigger than Godard's ego.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42041 View Post
oh dear its a crazy person
Old 05-06-2008, 07:42 PM   #18
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2007
Washington, DC
Send a message via AIM to statikcat Send a message via Yahoo to statikcat

The picture in the theater was pretty amazing so I think it will be great on Blu. Too bad there were not better/more action scenes to show off.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:47 PM   #19
Hot Deals Moderator

Aug 2007
Detroit, MI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beta Man View Post
it could always be a crappy transfer (not sure why they would cut corners when it is making so much at the box-office, but I'm just sayin' !!!! )
Not a concern with me. I'm betting Paramount makes Iron Man a quality BD release.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:48 PM   #20
Special Member

Sep 2007
Orlando, FL

This is definitely a movie you have to see on the big screen, but I agree with you Cpt! I can't wait to see this at home, on my big screen, with lossless audio and no distractions!!! Man this is going to look awesome...
My Collection

I do Blu! Blu-blooded and proud of it!
TV: Sony KDS-R60XBR2 Blu-ray Player: Sony BDP-S1 (Have you checked on firmware updates for your player?)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America