Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Mr. Robot: Season 3.0 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
10 hrs ago
Fantastic Voyage (Blu-ray)
$5.99
 
Night at the Museum 3-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
6 hrs ago
A Few Good Men 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
12 hrs ago
The Dark Crystal 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
10 hrs ago
Tombstone (Blu-ray)
$8.99
10 hrs ago
Tomorrowland (Blu-ray)
$8.99
6 hrs ago
Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$29.99
15 hrs ago
The Finest Hours (Blu-ray)
$8.99
6 hrs ago
Fury 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.96
 
Blue Velvet (Blu-ray)
$9.99
10 hrs ago
Bram Stoker's Dracula 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
10 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2008, 10:44 PM   #1
bferr1 bferr1 is offline
Special Member
 
bferr1's Avatar
 
Sep 2006
MA
18
Default Criterion Goes Blu!!!

Just got this e-mail from Criterion:

Dear Criterion Collection Newsletter subscriber,

We’ve got some exciting news for this fall, and we wanted you to hear it first.

Our first Blu-ray discs are coming! We’ve picked a little over a dozen titles from the collection for Blu-ray treatment, and we’ll begin rolling them out in October. These new editions will feature glorious high-definition picture and sound, all the supplemental content of the DVD releases, and they will be priced to match our standard-def editions.

Here’s what’s in the pipeline:

The Third Man
Bottle Rocket
Chungking Express
The Man Who Fell to Earth
The Last Emperor
El Norte
The 400 Blows
Gimme Shelter
The Complete Monterey Pop
Contempt
Walkabout
For All Mankind
The Wages of Fear

Alongside our DVD and Blu-ray box sets of The Last Emperor, we’ll also be putting out the theatrical version as a stand-alone release in both formats, priced at $39.95. Our Blu-ray release of Walkabout will be an all-new edition, featuring new supplements as well as a new transfer; we will also release an updated anamorphic DVD of Nicolas Roeg’s outback masterpiece at the same time.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:45 PM   #2
JJ JJ is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
JJ's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
Miami, FL
95
674
42
18
87
Send a message via AIM to JJ Send a message via Yahoo to JJ
Default

Classics on Blu! Woohoo!

Quote:
Our first Blu-ray discs are coming! We’ve picked a little over a dozen titles from the collection for Blu-ray treatment, and we’ll begin rolling them out in October. These new editions will feature glorious high-definition picture and sound, all the supplemental content of the DVD releases, and they will be priced to match our standard-def editions.
Great selling points right there!


#HozayCinema - 7.1.4
Sonus Faber Venere | Verus Grand Center
Emotiva XPA-3 - A700 - A500 | Epik Empire | Verus Surrounds
Vizio P75-C1 | Denon AVR-X4400H | Sony PS4 | Oppo UDP-203
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:48 PM   #3
deadhatetheliving deadhatetheliving is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
deadhatetheliving's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
51
598
156
5
7
Default

Where's Videodrome? "Long live the new flesh!"
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:49 PM   #4
Moefiz Moefiz is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Moefiz's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
288
20
15
70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bferr1 View Post
Just got this e-mail from Criterion:

Dear Criterion Collection Newsletter subscriber,

We’ve got some exciting news for this fall, and we wanted you to hear it first.

Our first Blu-ray discs are coming! We’ve picked a little over a dozen titles from the collection for Blu-ray treatment, and we’ll begin rolling them out in October. These new editions will feature glorious high-definition picture and sound, all the supplemental content of the DVD releases, and they will be priced to match our standard-def editions.

Here’s what’s in the pipeline:

The Third Man
Bottle Rocket
Chungking Express
The Man Who Fell to Earth
The Last Emperor
El Norte
The 400 Blows
Gimme Shelter
The Complete Monterey Pop
Contempt
Walkabout
For All Mankind
The Wages of Fear

Alongside our DVD and Blu-ray box sets of The Last Emperor, we’ll also be putting out the theatrical version as a stand-alone release in both formats, priced at $39.95. Our Blu-ray release of Walkabout will be an all-new edition, featuring new supplements as well as a new transfer; we will also release an updated anamorphic DVD of Nicolas Roeg’s outback masterpiece at the same time.
Good news.....
MOE
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:51 PM   #5
Jimbo976 Jimbo976 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Aug 2007
Canada
3
209
1
1
Default

Woohoo!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:54 PM   #6
Brad1963 Brad1963 is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Feb 2008
1389
1
Default

Woo hoo! Last Emperor, 400 Blows, Third Man and finally a decent transfer of Walkabout. Damn this year seems to get more and more expensive.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:54 PM   #7
nycomet nycomet is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
nycomet's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
Long Island, NY, USA ; I enjoy watching 3D blu-rays; 41 Blufans steels so far
11
1344
55
246
40
343
Default

That's nice, but where's Robinson Carusoe On Marcus -- ooops! I mean, Mars?
BenQ HT1085ST 1080p 2D/3D DLP projector (135-inch 16:9 Silver Ticket screen)
EStar America ESG601 DLP Link 3D Glasses x 6
DarbeeVision DVP-5000 Darblet HDMI Video Processor
Sony BDP-S5200 Region Free 2D/3D Blu-Ray Player
Yamaha RX-V675 7.2 Channel Receiver
Polk TL250 five-speaker set (1 center / 4 surrounds) + 2x Polk TL2 / Sony SA-W2500 100W powered subwoofer
4x ButtKicker Advance + 4x Buttkicker BKA300 amps installed in 4 recliners. Blufans VIP.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:55 PM   #8
Heart&Soul Heart&Soul is offline
Senior Member
 
Heart&Soul's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
Oregon
545
50
Send a message via Yahoo to Heart&Soul
Default

I can't wait to see The Last Emporer on Blu-ray.
52" Mitsubishi DLP
Sony BDP-S300
Onkyo 605
Monster cables - HDMI
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:56 PM   #9
gvortex7 gvortex7 is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
gvortex7's Avatar
 
Jan 2007
Coral Springs, FL
18
105
Default

Last Emperor here I come! Wow, awesome news. Now, they just need to get on with a few other classics:

The Last Temptation of Christ
Seven Samurai
Traffic
The Royal Tenenbaums
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:57 PM   #10
savage1984 savage1984 is offline
Banned
 
savage1984's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
Los Angeles
Default

Great news...
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 11:01 PM   #11
tommyboy81 tommyboy81 is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
tommyboy81's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
Savannah, GA
17
93
3
2
Send a message via MSN to tommyboy81 Send a message via Yahoo to tommyboy81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycomet View Post
That's nice, but where's Robinson Carusoe On Marcus -- ooops! I mean, Mars?
That sounded about right. I don't see him arguing about it.
[Home Theater Setup

TV: Panasonic 50ST50 Plasma
Receiver: Denon 1712 *new*
Front Speakers: Polk Monitor 50's
Center: Polk CS10 *new*
Surrounds: Yamaha NX-220P
Sub: SVS SB-1000 *new*
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 11:02 PM   #12
ManUtd ManUtd is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
ManUtd's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
In my HT
1
817
5
5
Default

Oh I love The Last Emperor, I would even pay MSRP for that if needed.
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 11:16 PM   #13
spf781 spf781 is offline
Expert Member
 
spf781's Avatar
 
Oct 2006
Melrose, Massachusetts
132
4
Default

Oh baby, those Kurosawa treats in High Def? WHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 11:17 PM   #14
Bluray_ne1 Bluray_ne1 is offline
Special Member
 
Bluray_ne1's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Near Seattle
17
114
4
28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvortex7 View Post
Last Emperor here I come! Wow, awesome news. Now, they just need to get on with a few other classics:

The Last Temptation of Christ
Seven Samurai
Traffic
The Royal Tenenbaums
Any other titles from them I might have heard of? Other than Last Emperor, none were familiar to me.
"I tried to live my life the best that I could. I hope that was enough. I hope that, at least in your eyes, I've earned what all of you have done for me." - Elderly James Ryan addressing Capt. Miller's Grave. (Thank you Vets!)

Playstation Home Username: XB49

Trade thread: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=32645
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 11:18 PM   #15
Chaka Chaka is offline
Special Member
 
Chaka's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
Huntington Beach, CA
254
1
11
Default

great news but I fear the price!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 11:20 PM   #16
bferr1 bferr1 is offline
Special Member
 
bferr1's Avatar
 
Sep 2006
MA
18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
great news but I fear the price!
Reread the first post closely.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 11:27 PM   #17
Zyclone Zyclone is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Zyclone's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow
3
304
Default

i have'nt owned any criterion dvds but im going to start collecting them on blu ray, do they still have the rights to brazil? iv'e never seen it im holding out for a super fancy criterion blu ray release of it
47 inch 1080p LG LCD - DMP BDT 300 GN
27 inch 720p Samsung LCD - Samsung Bluray Player
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 11:29 PM   #18
Lucy Diamond Lucy Diamond is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Lucy Diamond's Avatar
 
Apr 2008
The Falcone Funeral
1208
34
242
2
3
Default

Bring on Sid and Nancy!!!
"When you think of me, in your multidimensional mind
Try and wash the evil from your mind and open it
When you taste the truth you will see like others
Before me to you, I am past a story to tell to you
I am past a story to tell, tell it
"
~DEATH
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 11:30 PM   #19
TauHeel05 TauHeel05 is online now
Special Member
 
TauHeel05's Avatar
 
Mar 2007
North Carolina
3846
1
17
Default

This is great fn news. 'Gimme Shelter' is fantastic. I hope they release the Criterion version of 'Dazed and Confused.' That DVD looks great for SD.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 11:31 PM   #20
Sky_Captain Sky_Captain is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Sky_Captain's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
1336
2
Default

Rushmore.
LG 55B6V OLED - Sony UBP-X800 4K Player - Sony BDP-S5200 Region A BD Player - Xbox One S - PS4 500gb - Toshiba HD-EP 30 HD DVD Player- Yer Ma
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
The Criterion Collection Studios and Distributors Scottie 177411 Today 09:25 PM
Criterion Collection? Newbie Discussion ChitoAD 67 03-15-2018 05:50 PM
Criterion Collection Wish Lists Chushajo 17 02-11-2018 10:36 AM
Criterion Collection Question. . . Blu-ray Movies - North America billypoe 31 01-18-2009 02:52 PM
Criterion Collection Chooses PS3 Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology Rob71 12 08-20-2008 11:37 PM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:35 PM.