Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, From $3.99 »
Now: Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stol… $9.79 (99% sold out)
Soon: Despicable Me ()
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 6 (Blu-ray)
$31.99

Lone Survivor (Blu-ray)
$7.99
5 hrs ago
How to Train Your Dragon 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
7 hrs ago
True Blood: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99
2 hrs ago
Downton Abbey: Seasons 1, 2, 3 & 4 (Blu-ray)
$39.99
8 hrs ago
House of Cards: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
5 hrs ago
Person of Interest: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99
8 hrs ago
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 4 (Blu-ray)
$31.99
8 hrs ago
A Million Ways to Die in the West (Blu-ray)
$11.99
5 hrs ago
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray)
$13.00
2 hrs ago
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$31.99
8 hrs ago
Non-Stop (Blu-ray)
$9.99
3 hrs ago

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 05-08-2008, 06:04 AM   #1

May 2007
Massachusetts
Default Prison Break: Season 3 Blu-ray 8/12

Prison Break: Season 3 has been announced for Blu-ray on August 12 day and date with the standard dvd for MSRP $79.98 Hopefully they will also release season 2 that same day too.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Pri...VD-Bluray/9944

Last edited by blurayboy; 07-07-2008 at 05:02 AM.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:10 AM   #2

Dec 2007
New York, NY
Send a message via AIM to Geonosis

You can't c/p from that site? I had to go into the source to get the text I wanted to quote...

Quote:
DVD version will get it's own exclusive supplement
Fox, why are you giving the DVD an exclusive bonus? The BD should always get everything the DVD gets and then some. I love this show, but please finally announce Season 1 on BD already and add that extra to the BD lol
Old 05-08-2008, 06:12 AM   #3
Blu-ray Champion

May 2007

They will not release season 2 the same day.

Quote:
Fox, why are you giving the DVD an exclusive bonus? The BD should always get everything the DVD gets and then some. I love this show, but please finally announce Season 1 on BD already and add that extra to the BD lol
Season 1 is on Blu . If you read the post the DVD exclusive is an episode of The Unit .Blu-ray has the exclusive featurette
Old 05-08-2008, 06:25 AM   #4

Dec 2007
New York, NY
Send a message via AIM to Geonosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickyWoo View Post
Season 1 is on Blu . If you read the post the DVD exclusive is an episode of The Unit .Blu-ray has the exclusive featurette
Oh I meant to say Season 2 is not on BD. And about the exclusive, it looks like the DVD is getting a seperate exclusive.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:27 AM   #5
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2007
Tampa Bay,FL

Great now i just need season 2 on blu.....already got season 1 and havents watched season 2 in anticipation of it coming to BD.....if nothing confirmed by Aug may have to watch in SD in order to pick up Season 3 on realease date.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:30 AM   #6
Blu-ray Champion

May 2007

Order season 2 now, you can pick it up used for like $20 because it's not going to be out this year
Old 05-08-2008, 06:36 AM   #7
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2007
Tampa Bay,FL

Quote:
Order season 2 now, you can pick it up used for like $20 because it's not going to be out this year
My brother owns season 2 on DVD so have no need to order it i'll just borrow it before i buy it and wait for BD to own.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:33 AM   #8
Special Member

Jan 2008
just north of Toronto

great news i love prison break, i watched all 3 seasons and there great, recently picked up season 1 on blu and looks and sounds fantastic, and a episode of the unit makes me want that show on blu to
Sony KDL 52W3000
PS3 120gb SLIM
Pioneer 7.1 Channel HDMI Receiver (VSX-1018TXV-K)
Polk Audio CS10 center channel - this thing ROCKS
Bubba the Love Sponge on RadioIO.com = Best Radio EVER!!!
Old 05-08-2008, 04:14 PM   #9
Expert Member

Feb 2007
Orlando, Florida
Send a message via AIM to jhansla

lol...what's the point in skipping season 2??
Looks like I'll be watching it in SD. Good news for season 3 though
Old 05-08-2008, 04:29 PM   #10
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2007

They need more BD50 Rep line and fast.. Tv Serie eat those line very fast
Material : Denon 3808ci, 2xParadigm Monitor 9 v5, 1xCC390, 2xADP390, 2xADP190, Panasonic AE3000 96hz 1080p, 106' screen, Samsung BDP-2550
01/04/08 - A day to remember, the day we won!
My Blu-Ray movies = http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/ryoohki360
Old 05-08-2008, 04:30 PM   #11

Nov 2007
Indiana

It's gonna look funny, having Seasons 1 and 3 in my collection, but not 2. Just seems wrong to me.
Samsung 46 inch 1080p LNT4671

ps3 60 GB
200+ blu-rays /21 ps3 games
Old 05-08-2008, 04:33 PM   #12

Jan 2008
France

Great, i have already the first season, i wait the second too
but 80$ for only 13 episodes

Last edited by ThomasGOAL; 05-08-2008 at 04:39 PM.
Old 05-08-2008, 04:54 PM   #13
Blu-ray Champion

May 2007

Season 2 is $20 on Amazon right now for those who haven't seen it
Old 05-08-2008, 04:56 PM   #14

Nov 2007

Quote:
I had to watch Season 2 on Standard def. But I gotta admit that the picture quality was pretty good. Not Hi def but with BD player made the picture look stunning.
Fox really did a good job at transferring. I can't wait for season three now.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:00 PM   #15
Super Moderator

Jul 2006
Gilead

I don't enjoy this show enough to pick it up on Blu-ray.
Hopefully next year they'll release all six seasons of 24, because I'd love to re-watch Seasons 1, 2, 3 and 5 on Blu-ray.

Prison Break I'll watch as it airs, but I'm really just looking forward to the end. They have stretched everything out more than any other show I've ever seen.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:27 PM   #16
Blu-ray Champion

May 2007

Prison Break is actually an interesting animal

It was originally a fall placeholder for 24, 13 episodes and escape and that was to be all she wrote. Notice that total swerve the first time they're going to escape?

They managed to pad it out to 22

The second season they had no clue where they were going until midway through. I'm confident they know what's going on for next season though

Personally, I think they should have done eras. Keep the same cast, switch it up. How about a civil war prison camp? Switch it around, Scofield can be the warden of a confederate army camp this year, and the coward screws up the the escape from the Hanoi Hilton the next
Old 05-08-2008, 05:41 PM   #17

Aug 2007
The Negative Zone

Quote:
Personally, I think they should have done eras. Keep the same cast, switch it up. How about a civil war prison camp? Switch it around, Scofield can be the warden of a confederate army camp this year, and the coward screws up the the escape from the Hanoi Hilton the next
Yeah, um, sorry, but that sounds really bad (assuming you were serious).

Their best option would have probably been to ditch the Prison Break theme and gone with a new theme, maybe subtitled it, something like, "Fugitive Hunt: Prison Break Season 2." Sort of like what I read was supposed to happen to the short-lived CBS sci-fi series Threshold which was supposed to change to "Foothold" and then "Stranglehold" (instead of skipping straight to "canceled").
Old 05-08-2008, 05:49 PM   #18

Nov 2007
Indiana

Quote:

It was originally a fall placeholder for 24, 13 episodes and escape and that was to be all she wrote. Notice that total swerve the first time they're going to escape?

The second season they had no clue where they were going until midway through. I'm confident they know what's going on for next season though

Interesting... I do remember hearing about it only running for x number of episodes, and that was that. Once it hit a Mexico Prison, and they were mostly back together, it was like it was all starting back over. Nonetheless, I'm still a fan.
Samsung 46 inch 1080p LNT4671

ps3 60 GB
200+ blu-rays /21 ps3 games
Old 05-08-2008, 05:50 PM   #19
Expert Member

Feb 2007
Queens, NY

I liked the first two seasons, thought 3 was a little weak but I'll still keep watching...doubt I'll buy the blu ray though
Old 05-08-2008, 08:22 PM   #20
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2007
Dawson, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by WimeTime View Post
It's gonna look funny, having Seasons 1 and 3 in my collection, but not 2. Just seems wrong to me.
I collected "Frasier" on DVD, and to capitalize on the final season, they released the final season (11th season) on DVD before they released the fourth season.

Quote:

Yes, I remember discussing on AVSForum as to how they were going to pull of a season two and if they should end it after one season.

Quote:
Though not as "engrossing" as the first season, I rather dug the whole "Fugitive" theme of the second season, and somewhat prefer the second season to the third as season two was moving along with the series, but season three (which had its good moments) just seemed like they said, well, the first season worked, let's try it again (with a few tweaks here and there to keep people's interest).

I compare season three of "Prison Break" with season three of "Lost", not in quality, but rather I spent most of the season watching just to watch (with an episode here or there thrown in that I really enjoyed), and I came close several times to giving up, but like "Lost", by the time I got to the end of the season, my interest in the next season got a whole lot bigger. I've loved this current season of "Lost" (although I missed last week's episode due to my stupid DVR) and I have high hopes for this coming season of "Prison Break".

Quote:
I would have LOVED this... because then I could have quit watching after the first season...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobyblue View Post
Hopefully next year they'll release all six seasons of 24, because I'd love to re-watch Seasons 1, 2, 3 and 5 on Blu-ray.
While I have a lot of FOX TV-on-DVD ("Buffy", "Angel", "Wonderfalls", "Dark Angel", "Roswell", "Arrested Development", "Futurama", "Lone Gunmen", "Firefly", "Reba", "King Of The Hill", "Point Pleasant", "Space: Above And Beyond", and assorted sets of "That '70's Show", "The X-Files", "24", "Tru Calling", and "My Name Is Earl"), the majority of my shows are either shows with a 4x3 ratio, mixed ratios (early seasons in 4x3, later seasons in 16:9) or cancelled shows that don't have much chance of going Blu-ray any time soon.

I'm thrilled that Fox is working on "Firefly" as that will be a blind buy, and I would certainly buy "24: Season One" for the upgrade, it might not be a day & date pick-up for me, but I would definately pick up seasons two, three, and four as I haven't seen them before. "Roswell", "Arrested Development", "Lone Gunmen", "Tru Calling" (shame Fox isn't releasing a BD set along with the complete series this Fall), "My Name Is Earl", "How I Met Your Mother", "Standoff" (still not released on DVD, and probably never will), and "Journeyman" (still not released on DVD, and may never will) should any of these be released to Blu-ray. "Stargate: Atlantis" and "Dead Like Me" from MGM would be pick-ups as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasGOAL View Post
but 80$ for only 13 episodes
Expect Amazon to have it around $55 or less...

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliminius View Post
Their best option would have probably been to ditch the Prison Break theme and gone with a new theme, maybe subtitled it, something like, "Fugitive Hunt: Prison Break Season 2."
The first season dealt with the beginning of a "Prison Break", the second season dealt with the aftermath of a "Prison Break", and the third season, well... I think the title still works!

I still haven't gotten the first season yet, but I may try to pick it up sometime before the year is out... but I'll most likely wait until next year to pick up S3.

~Alan
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the
views of Alan Gordon, Alan Gordon Enterprises, Alan Gordon, Inc., or Alan Gordon Amalgamated.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America