COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Defiance: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$37.99
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
The Doctor and the Devils (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99
Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$80.76
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
The Ring (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Dexter: The Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$15.27
Fed Up (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Americano (Blu-ray)
$10.98
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Dukas: Ariane et Barbe-Bleue | Liceu (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Zodiac (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Sleepy Hollow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Congo (Blu-ray)
$10.99
The Lost Boys (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Seasons 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$48.78
Megamind 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.70
CSNY 1974 (Blu-ray)
$39.23
Old 05-26-2008, 08:40 PM   #1

Nov 2007
Question Into the Wild

I searched for it but nothing came up. Did Paramount release any information. Has anyone seen this, I heard it was excellent. Definitely in my queue.
Samsung 61"1080P DLP------Sony 60GB PS3(12/06)
Pioneer Elite 7.1 HDMI A/V ------Panamax M4300EX
Audioquest HDMI-3 cables------- Comcast HD
Focal Sibs - front A -------Klipsch RF81 - front B
Focal SibXL - center speaker
Focal Sibs - side/rear surrounds speakers
Focal Cub - subwoofer
40 Blu-Ray's, 125 Standard DVD's, 6 PS3 games
Old 05-26-2008, 09:18 PM   #2

Jan 2007
Arkansas

While there are some things that detract from the overall experience, they are very minor. Also, I wonder what a different director would have done and I'm not sold on Emile Hirsch but he does a passable job. It would be nice if he had more than one tone of voice.

That being said, I really enjoy this movie and can sit down to watch it anytime. As for BDR plans, I haven't seen anything but have to think it's coming. I don't know that it would bring any great benefit from DVD (or the x264 rip I watch instead) it would be nice to have as it's a title that would get a lot of replay for me. Any info on this title coming to bluray would be appreciated.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:31 PM   #3

May 2008

Into the Wild is my #1 most wanted blu. The whole movie is eye candy, and it's a great story.
46'' Samsung LNT4661F
Onkyo HT-SR700
PS3
Old 05-26-2008, 09:59 PM   #4

Nov 2007

sounds good
Focal Cub - subwoofer
Old 05-26-2008, 10:01 PM   #5

Jan 2008
Buffalo, NY

The soundtrack done by Eddie Vedder is also superb, one of my favorite soundtracks to date that I can think of.
60" Sharp AQUOS LE650 | Pioneer VSX 919-AH | Polk Monitor 50's | Polk CS1 | Playstation 4 (500GB)
Old 05-26-2008, 10:06 PM   #6
Special Member

Mar 2007
'Couve, WA
Send a message via AIM to Whytewash Send a message via Yahoo to Whytewash

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonydicenso View Post
I searched for it but nothing came up. Did Paramount release any information. Has anyone seen this, I heard it was excellent. Definitely in my queue.
Not so much as a hint of news yet. I wish they would release it soon. I thought it was one of the best movies of the year and I also think it got snubbed at the oscars for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascian View Post
While there are some things that detract from the overall experience, they are very minor. Also, I wonder what a different director would have done and I'm not sold on Emile Hirsch but he does a passable job. It would be nice if he had more than one tone of voice.
I thought it was a perfect choice. He looked very similar to the real character. It was also acted top notch and I think Sean Penn did a great directing job.

I heard that they also approached Leonardo DiCaprio for the role. Just knowing that makes me wonder who would have done better...
Sony PS3 - 60gb
Samsung TV - 56" DLP 1080p
Blu-rays - 82

Sex between 2 people is a wonderful and beautiful thing; but between 3 is fantastic! - Woody Allen

I will not change my signature until the Seattle Mariners win the World Series
Old 05-26-2008, 10:06 PM   #7

Nov 2007
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyfrnk1624 View Post
The soundtrack done by Eddie Vedder is also superb, one of my favorite soundtracks to date that I can think of.
I know, that's what got me thinking about the movie. I love that song Hard Sun, really good stuff. I might have to just rent the standrd DVD tonight. Good idea?
Focal Cub - subwoofer
Old 05-26-2008, 10:16 PM   #8

Mar 2008
New York, New York

isn't it coming out in some other country in july??
MY MOVIE REVIEWS & OPINIONS
www.cinematicsystematic.blogspot.com

LOOKING FOR ACADEMY SLIPS FOR THE DEPARTED, THERE WILL BE BLOOD, AND THE UNTOUCHABLES. PM ME!!!!!!!
Old 05-26-2008, 10:47 PM   #9

May 2008

DiCaprio would've been too old for the role. The main character is like 22 or 23 years old in the film.
46'' Samsung LNT4661F
Onkyo HT-SR700
PS3
Old 05-26-2008, 11:53 PM   #10
Banned

Jan 2008

I seen the DVD version. The movie was a real stink fest. It may have been visual eye candy, but there was nothing to like about the main character. I just couldn't bring myself to care about the spoiled little brat, Chris McCandless. My favorite part was when the railroad cop gave him a little attitude adjustment. And he really wasn't that "into the wild", he was just 10 miles off interstate 3. I think the writer made him something that he wasn't.

Just my opinion.

John
Old 05-27-2008, 12:10 AM   #11
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2008
The Swan Station aDdIcTeD 2 LOST PSN:U5MC51473
Send a message via AIM to sfmarine Send a message via MSN to sfmarine Send a message via Skype™ to sfmarine

Good story....but I found the re-watch value to be low.
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!" -- President Merkin Muffley/Dr. Strangelove

55" VIZIO 3D Razor LED M3D550KD
Onkyo TX-NR616 7.2/ Pioneer Center SP-C21
Panasonic DMP-BDT210 3D Blu-ray ~ LG BD 370~ PS3 ~ FAT
DIRECTV HR34 Genie
Old 05-27-2008, 12:27 AM   #12

Mar 2008
Ontario, Canada

Thought it was an amazing film.
I want you to understand that this man at the wheel is my attorney. He's not just some dingbat I found on the strip, man. He's a foreigner. I think he's probably Samoan. But that doesn't matter, though, does it? Are you prejudiced?
Old 05-27-2008, 12:33 AM   #13

Feb 2008

Into the Wild was hands down the best film of 2007. I traveled three hours to see the movie early on passes I won from a contest from the movie website CHUD.I then bought the book and fell in love with it. A few weeks later it came to a art house theater near me and I saw it two more times. The movie is beautifully directed and acted. Zodiac and Into the Wild are the two main reasons I bought my PS3 back in December. I've been waiting for them ever since.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:40 AM   #14

Nov 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviman33 View Post
I seen the DVD version. The movie was a real stink fest. It may have been visual eye candy, but there was nothing to like about the main character. I just couldn't bring myself to care about the spoiled little brat, Chris McCandless. My favorite part was when the railroad cop gave him a little attitude adjustment. And he really wasn't that "into the wild", he was just 10 miles off interstate 3. I think the writer made him something that he wasn't.

Just my opinion.

John

a little bit of skepticism has sunk in, definitely gonna rent it 1st. thanks
Focal Cub - subwoofer
Old 05-27-2008, 01:07 AM   #15
Special Member

Dec 2007
Hazleton, Pa

i want this
Old 05-27-2008, 01:20 AM   #16

Feb 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviman33 View Post

Just my opinion.

John
Spoilers are scattered within.

Something to think about. Why should one have to like the main character? The people who I have talked to that seem to not like the movie all say the same thing. That Chris McCandless was spoiled and I didn't like him.

Well here is another way you can look at it. Chris McCandless was young and made mistakes as we have all made mistakes in life. Held grudges and felt resentment towards authority figures and the like. Not all of Chris McCandless anger was unfounded and maybe much of it was, but like all people we grow and learn. From the writings Chris left behind that the movie shows it was clear he started learning and growing up. It just took him to follow a different path to get to that place that maybe you or me would reach a different way. Spoiler...Sadly it lead to his undoing as he learned to grow as a person and realize what is important in life.

So to just say I don't like the movie the guy it was based on was unlikable is not really a reason I accept.

This movie was a look into the life of real people who make real mistakes, including his parents. His parents were brave to let themselves be shown flaws and all in the movie. It was a fantastic look at real families with real problems and this one (Spoiler) Just happened to end sadly.

The great sadness in the movie is also watching a young person who thinks to much about himself to realize how along his journey to discover true freedom he touched so many people. How just the brush with someone else can change and move a person. He just never seemed to realize till it was too late how important the company of others really was.

If you read the book you will also learn and explore the characteristic traits of people who also shared similar traits as Chris did. This is a interesting look into why and how people might think and behave in the manner Chris did.

I love the movie. I can see Chris's flaws and also understand his insight in what drove him. I thought the movie showed this very well. So while I found myself screaming at him to call his parents and to forgive, I could also understand the forces that drove him.

Don't go into this movie looking for a fake by the numbers movie.Don't look for cookie cutter 100% flawless characters. Its just a chronicle of his journey of discovering his place in the world and what truly matters and sadly in this case its price was high.

It is really easy for any of us to call someone spoiled while sitting behind our nice PC's chatting on a bluray forum after watching a bluray movie on our nice big HDTV's. Selfish he might have been but spoiled is all of us. I highly doubt we could have lived the way he did for that amount of time.

Just a different point of view and something to think about before seeing it. I really do recommend the book.

Last edited by Darko; 05-27-2008 at 01:23 AM.
Old 05-27-2008, 01:26 AM   #17

Nov 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko View Post
Spoilers are scattered within.

Something to think about. Why should one have to like the main character? The people who I have talked to that seem to not like the movie all say the same thing. That Chris McCandless was spoiled and I didn't like him.

Well here is another way you can look at it. Chris McCandless was young and made mistakes as we have all made mistakes in life. Held grudges and felt resentment towards authority figures and the like. Not all of Chris McCandless anger was unfounded and maybe much of it was, but like all people we grow and learn. From the writings Chris left behind that the movie shows it was clear he started learning and growing up. It just took him to follow a different path to get to that place that maybe you or me would reach a different way. Spoiler...Sadly it lead to his undoing as he learned to grow as a person and realize what is important in life.

So to just say I don't like the movie the guy it was based on was unlikable is not really a reason I accept.

This movie was a look into the life of real people who make real mistakes, including his parents. His parents were brave to let themselves be shown flaws and all in the movie. It was a fantastic look at real families with real problems and this one (Spoiler) Just happened to end sadly.

The great sadness in the movie is also watching a young person who thinks to much about himself to realize how along his journey to discover true freedom he touched so many people. How just the brush with someone else can change and move a person. He just never seemed to realize till it was too late how important the company of others really was.

If you read the book you will also learn and explore the characteristic traits of people who also shared similar traits as Chris did. This is a interesting look into why and how people might think and behave in the manner Chris did.

I love the movie. I can see Chris's flaws and also understand his insight in what drove him. I thought the movie showed this very well. So while I found myself screaming at him to call his parents and to forgive, I could also understand the forces that drove him.

Don't go into this movie looking for a fake by the numbers movie.Don't look for cookie cutter 100% flawless characters. Its just a chronicle of his journey of discovering his place in the world and what truly matters and sadly in this case its price was high.

It is really easy for any of us to call someone spoiled while sitting behind our nice PC's chatting on a bluray forum after watching a bluray movie on our nice big HDTV's. Selfish he might have been but spoiled is all of us. I highly doubt we could have lived the way he did for that amount of time.

Just a different point of view and something to think about before seeing it. I really do recommend the book.
ok you sold me but it isn't available on Blu so I will rent it and post my feelings. I think I will really like it, a lot of good reviews, Eddie Vedder's music, I have to see it soon. thanks for the info!
Focal Cub - subwoofer
Old 05-27-2008, 01:27 AM   #18

Jan 2008
Canada

I read the book and loved it, and then saw the movie and loved it as well. One of the best movies of the year imo. Great soundtrack as well mainly done by eddie vedder(pearl jam). I'll buy it if it ever comes to blu. Would be a damn shame if it does'nt.
"S***, if you shoot me in a dream you'd better wake up and apologize."
Old 05-27-2008, 02:00 AM   #19

Mar 2008
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
a little bit of skepticism has sunk in, definitely gonna rent it 1st. thanks
Amigo this is a spectacular, spectacular movie. It's alright to rent it first but im sure you'll love it.
I want you to understand that this man at the wheel is my attorney. He's not just some dingbat I found on the strip, man. He's a foreigner. I think he's probably Samoan. But that doesn't matter, though, does it? Are you prejudiced?
Old 05-27-2008, 02:10 AM   #20
Banned

Jan 2008

Quote:
ok you sold me but it isn't available on Blu so I will rent it and post my feelings. I think I will really like it, a lot of good reviews, Eddie Vedder's music, I have to see it soon. thanks for the info!
I hope you like it more than I did. I also felt the main actor was poorly cast for this part and the script seem contrived and drawn out. My wife liked it, but she also liked the book. I didn't read the book and didn't like the movie. It seem most people that are hyped up on this movie have read and liked the book. So I conclude that this movie doesn't have legs, it can't stand on it's own.

John
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America