Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
History of the World: Part I (Blu-ray)
$6.16
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$16.98
Far and Away (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Little Busters!: Collection 1 (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Intolerable Cruelty (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Blu-ray)
$5.99
High Plains Drifter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Blues Brothers (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$22.98
Vikings: Season One (Blu-ray)
$21.99
Hold Your Breath (Blu-ray)
$8.75
BTOOOM!: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Planet Earth | Life (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Patlabor The Mobile Police : Collection 1 (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 05-27-2008, 10:18 PM   #1

Aug 2007
Default Who are the studios looking at for the next Peter Parker?

Over at Latino Review they have a possible Scoop:

El Mayimbe here with a HUGE SCOOP to start off the week.

It seems like Spider Man 4 and 5 is going full steam ahead.

Over the Holiday weekend, Kellvin got a tip from a trusted source as to whom may be the next Peter Parker/Spider Man in the upcoming films. Because my batting average has been pretty good lately, Kelvin and I decided to sit on it until Hollywood went back to work today and I can get more concrete info. This morning, I made some calls to my guys, fished around and here is what I managed to find out.

Laura Ziskin and Grant Curtis are tossing names around. NO OFFERS HAVE BEEN YET. That being said, the name at the top of their list to replace Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker/Spiderman is…

…PATRICK FUGIT.

You may recognize Patrick from SPUN, WRISTCUTTERS and his breakout performance in ALMOST FAMOUS.

My personal thoughts? Fugit looks like Peter Parker to me.

I also managed to find out that if Fugit doesn’t work out, the Spiderman producers ARE EVEN WILLING TO GO YOUNGER.

Who is the name on that list?

MICHAEL ANGARANO

Michael actually played a superhero in SKY HIGH and was most recently seen FORBIDDEN KINGDOM. Michael even auditioned for the postponed Justice League film.

You know that Fugit and Angarano played the same character in ALMOST FAMOUS? Angarano played the younger version of William in ALMOST FAMOUS while Fugit played the older version.

So what do guys think?

Stay tuned as more develops.

In the meantime, you guys can follow my updates on TWITTER.

HASTA EL PROXIMO CAPITULO…

…YO SOY EL MAYIMBE!
I Like the Way You Move!

"This is the story of the GreenScar, The Eye Of Anger, The World Breaker, Harkanon, Haarg, Holku, HULK, and how he finally came home." May the Sakaarson show mercy on your soul!
Old 05-27-2008, 10:20 PM   #2

Apr 2008

I'd go with Michael Angarano, Fugit kinda looks or resembles Maguire too much.........
Old 05-27-2008, 10:23 PM   #3

Mar 2008

Is it confirmed that Tobey Maguire is not doing the next movies?
Old 05-27-2008, 10:29 PM   #4

Aug 2007

I don't think it's confirmed. These could easily be negotiating ploys.
I Like the Way You Move!

"This is the story of the GreenScar, The Eye Of Anger, The World Breaker, Harkanon, Haarg, Holku, HULK, and how he finally came home." May the Sakaarson show mercy on your soul!
Old 05-27-2008, 10:40 PM   #5

Mar 2008

I seriously hope Tobey Maguire comes back, he plays the role perfectly. It just wouldn't be the same movie with someone else.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:45 PM   #6
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2007
Cincinnati, OH

I'd go with Michael as well. But that would mean Peter Parker will be in high school in Spider-Man 4, right?

Who are you to deny greatness? If you would deny it to yourself, you would deny it to the entire world. And we will not be denied.
GREATNESS AWAITS
PLAYSTATION 4
Old 05-27-2008, 10:56 PM   #7

Apr 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKenSebben View Post
I seriously hope Tobey Maguire comes back, he plays the role perfectly. It just wouldn't be the same movie with someone else.

Ummmmmmm......not to step on your toes or anything, but Maguire did'nt resemble Parker/Spiderman one bit. Parker/Spiderman is supposed to be a wise ass always making jokes or smart aleck retorts, and the only thing Maguire could muster were "wees" or "yippies" when he was swinging around town............he just did't do the character justice......... and its a shame they did'nt cast Topher Grace from the very begining of the series..........

Last edited by crazybat_07; 05-27-2008 at 11:09 PM.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:07 PM   #8
Blu-ray Duke

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybat_07 View Post
Ummmmmmm......not to step on your toes or anything, but Maguire did'nt resemble Parker/Spiderman one bit. Parker/Spiderman is supposed to be a wise ass always making a jokes or smart aleck retorts, and the only thing Maguire could muster were "wees" or "yippies" when he was swinging around town............he just did't do the character justice......... and its a shame they did'nt cast Topher Grace from the very begining of the series..........
I was just typing something like this , agreed, spidey was a caustic wise ass for the series. Maguire sounded too wimpy as spidey, even whiney. Spidey was a bad ass making sarcastic caustic wise ass remarks. They didn't even have him call a villain "chuckles" once in the movies.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:12 PM   #9
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybat_07 View Post
Ummmmmmm......not to step on your toes or anything, but Maguire did'nt resemble Parker/Spiderman one bit. Parker/Spiderman is supposed to be a wise ass always making jokes or smart aleck retorts, and the only thing Maguire could muster were "wees" or "yippies" when he was swinging around town............he just did't do the character justice......... and its a shame they did'nt cast Topher Grace from the very begining of the series..........
Spider-man wasn't like that in the beginning.

Plus wise cracks take WAY too much time to set up when you're filming a fight between super heros and you're the director.

Logan
Old 05-27-2008, 11:14 PM   #10
Power Member

Nov 2007

Tobey will come back, throw enough money at him and he will. hes already set for life and so are his kids kids kids from the first 3 movie, hes fine financially, I see no reason for him not to.

Other than working with ugly kristen Dunst.

But look at batman.. they got rid of Katie Holmes (stupid stupid move on her part) and found someone whos only slightly more attractive, and that movie will still do phenomenal.

Get rid of Drunkst, replace with hotter girl, and Tobey would sign on. I cant look at Kiki either
Ha

Ha

Ha
Old 05-27-2008, 11:16 PM   #11

Mar 2008

Huh, well I guess I have to beef up my spidey knowledge. I've been meaning to start reading the Amazing Spider-Man series.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:17 PM   #12
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2007
Cincinnati, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice2Dragon View Post
Tobey will come back, throw enough money at him and he will. hes already set for life and so are his kids kids kids from the first 3 movie, hes fine financially, I see no reason for him not to.

Other than working with ugly kristen Dunst.

But look at batman.. they got rid of Katie Holmes (stupid stupid move on her part) and found someone whos only slightly more attractive, and that movie will still do phenomenal.

Get rid of Drunkst, replace with hotter girl, and Tobey would sign on. I cant look at Kiki either
Didn't Tobey say the opposite thing? He said he would only return if Sam and Kristen returned lol.

Who are you to deny greatness? If you would deny it to yourself, you would deny it to the entire world. And we will not be denied.
GREATNESS AWAITS
PLAYSTATION 4
Old 05-27-2008, 11:28 PM   #13
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2007
Dawson, GA

Quote:
I'm AMAZED you think Maggie G. is more attractive than Katie Holmes.

I never had a problem with Holmes in "Batman Begins", I just didn't care for the character, and I doubt I will when MG takes over either...

Oh yeah, I don't care for either of the above choices for this role... they could get away with it, but I'm not seeing it...

~Alan
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the
views of Alan Gordon, Alan Gordon Enterprises, Alan Gordon, Inc., or Alan Gordon Amalgamated.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:29 PM   #14
Banned

Oct 2007
Los Angeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKenSebben View Post
I agree. The movies will lose a lot without him. The won't make nearly as much.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:29 PM   #15
Power Member

Nov 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gordon View Post

I never had a problem with Holmes in "Batman Begins", I just didn't care for the character, and I doubt I will when MG takes over either...

~Alan
Have you seen K.H recently? She looks like a dude. She looka like a man

Maggie is SLIGHTLY more attractive.
Ha

Ha

Ha
Old 05-27-2008, 11:32 PM   #16
Banned

Oct 2007
Los Angeles

Quote:

Oh yeah, I don't care for either of the above choices for this role... they could get away with it, but I'm not seeing it...

~Alan
After seeing MG in Stranger than Fiction, she's totally hot. She and Ferrell had such great chemistry. I hope that she and Bale have that same spark. Another good thing is that MG uses her whole mouth to talk and not just part of it like Holmes. Hopefully it works out for Maggie. I feel she's a better actress. After Dark Knight, we might even wish she was cast originally....

~Savage
Old 05-27-2008, 11:33 PM   #17
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2007
Dawson, GA

Quote:
Have you seen K.H recently? She looks like a dude. She looka like a man
I saw a picture of her from a month or two back. She still looked attractive to me... certainly more so than MG...

Quote:
Maggie is SLIGHTLY more attractive.
Eye of the beholder I guess. KD over the years has started looking more and more like a meth addict (or something similar), but to me, if they can't get the original cast back, they should let the franchise be for a while...

~Alan
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the
views of Alan Gordon, Alan Gordon Enterprises, Alan Gordon, Inc., or Alan Gordon Amalgamated.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:38 PM   #18
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2007
Dawson, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage1984 View Post
After seeing MG in Stranger than Fiction, she's totally hot. She and Ferrell had such great chemistry. I hope that she and Bale have that same spark. Another good thing is that MG uses her whole mouth to talk and not just part of it like Holmes. Hopefully it works out for Maggie. I feel she's a better actress. After Dark Knight, we might even wish she was cast originally....
I totally threw this thread off-topic, but I'm not claiming KH is a better actress, as I would give MG this honor, and I'm not saying that MG looks horrible, just that I wouldn't consider them in the same league... and again, I just REALLY didn't care for the part.

~Alan
Old 05-27-2008, 11:40 PM   #19

Mar 2008

I've thought Maggie Gyllenhaal has been hot since Donnie Darko.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:42 PM   #20
Banned

Oct 2007
Los Angeles

Quote:
I totally threw this thread off-topic, but I'm not claiming KH is a better actress, as I would give MG this honor, and I'm not saying that MG looks horrible, just that I wouldn't consider them in the same league... and again, I just REALLY didn't care for the part.

~Alan
well, on topic, I think anyone but Tobey would be a bust for the role of Peter Parker.

I know what you mean, her character really was one dimensional. We really didn't like her as the audience. The only reason we cared about her was because Batman did. She was an interesting character for those reasons. Maybe she'll liven up or become more personable in this next one. Hopefully not too much as to throw the whole character off, but just enough.

As for who's hotter. I'd do either one and make my girlfriend watch.... oh, that's nasty (in my Cleveland from Family Guy impersonation).

No, I'm kiddin... I'd totally let her join in.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies