Best Blu-ray Deals

Black Friday Week is Live, $3.99 Blu-ray Movies »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$29.99
20 hrs ago
Chef (Blu-ray)
$9.99
13 hrs ago
Rain Man (Blu-ray)
$3.99

The Purge: Anarchy (Blu-ray)
$9.99
9 hrs ago
A Million Ways to Die in the West (Blu-ray)
$9.99
20 hrs ago
X-Men: First Class (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Person of Interest: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99

X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Rise of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Lone Survivor (Blu-ray)
$7.99

The Princess Bride (Blu-ray)
$3.99
15 hrs ago
The Avengers (Blu-ray)
$9.99

John Adams (Blu-ray)
$14.99
3 hrs ago
Old 06-01-2008, 01:04 AM   #1
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2007
Default Patton and Signs Early at Blockbuster

Just as heads-up, I found Patton, Battle of Britain, A Bridge Too Far and The Longest Day at Circuit City and tried to purchase Patton but it was flagged at the register. Since they had them, I decided to try the nearby Blockbuster and asked for Signs and Patton (since those were the only two I could think of that I wanted and weren't new releases). Ends up Blockbuster had them as well and they were fine selling them early. Of course, the price was $34.99 each so that'll probably be a no-go for some. Anyway, if you're interested in them early and don't mind the $34.99, you might want to check your local Blockbuster. I think I'll start checking there more often. That's twice now that I've been able to find catalog releases early there and that's rare in my area. I may try again tomorrow to see if they have anything else (like Cloverfield since it's already out on DVD -- I really wish I would have thought of that one tonight).

PSN: OWA
XBL: OWAXB1
Old 06-01-2008, 03:14 AM   #2
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2007

I should have called instead. I went back looking for Cloverfield, The Eye and There Will Be Blood but they didn't have any of those. Stopped by the Walmart on the way and didn't find anything early there either. Oh well...
PSN: OWA
XBL: OWAXB1
Old 06-01-2008, 08:41 PM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2008
Dutchess County New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by owa View Post
Just as heads-up, I found Patton, Battle of Britain, A Bridge Too Far and The Longest Day at Circuit City and tried to purchase Patton but it was flagged at the register. Since they had them, I decided to try the nearby Blockbuster and asked for Signs and Patton (since those were the only two I could think of that I wanted and weren't new releases). Ends up Blockbuster had them as well and they were fine selling them early. Of course, the price was $34.99 each so that'll probably be a no-go for some. Anyway, if you're interested in them early and don't mind the $34.99, you might want to check your local Blockbuster. I think I'll start checking there more often. That's twice now that I've been able to find catalog releases early there and that's rare in my area. I may try again tomorrow to see if they have anything else (like Cloverfield since it's already out on DVD -- I really wish I would have thought of that one tonight).

I picked up Patton at Blockbuster as well today...I don't see any of the retailers having them for less than $34.99. Not mentioned in weekly ads for BestBuy, Circuit City, or Target. The best you will do is Amazon (with shipping and tax) for $27.85 and Deep Discount for the same price with no shipping or tax.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America