Best Blu-ray Deals

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Guardians of the Galaxy 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Nightbreed (Blu-ray)
$48.97
Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$89.99
Rise of the Guardians 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Big Hero 6 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 8 (Blu-ray)
$25.89
The Maze Runner (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Man of Steel Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Rocky: Heavyweight Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
White Christmas (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist (Blu-ray)
$17.29
If I Stay (Blu-ray)
$19.96
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > LCD TVs

Old 06-05-2008, 10:45 PM   #1
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2008
The Swan Station aDdIcTeD 2 LOST PSN:U5MC51473
Send a message via AIM to sfmarine Send a message via MSN to sfmarine Send a message via Skype™ to sfmarine
Default Samsung LCD HD randomly shuts off??

My tv is still pretty damn new. Picked it up in January. Recently, it's been shutting off. I just wanted to get some feedback on this from other users. Didn't know if this was a common defect in them or not. I've got the 3 year service plan from best buy so...just seeing if it's worth calling them or not. It's hard to say how often it shuts off. It's inconvenient to say the least.
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!" -- President Merkin Muffley/Dr. Strangelove

55" VIZIO 3D Razor LED M3D550KD
Onkyo TX-NR616 7.2/ Pioneer Center SP-C21
Panasonic DMP-BDT210 3D Blu-ray ~ LG BD 370~ PS3 ~ FAT
DIRECTV HR34 Genie
Old 06-05-2008, 10:50 PM   #2

Feb 2008
Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfmarine View Post
My tv is still pretty damn new. Picked it up in January. Recently, it's been shutting off. I just wanted to get some feedback on this from other users. Didn't know if this was a common defect in them or not. I've got the 3 year service plan from best buy so...just seeing if it's worth calling them or not. It's hard to say how often it shuts off. It's inconvenient to say the least.

First off, what kind of a tv is it? Secondly depending on the tv there may be a firmware update for it that will solve the problem.
PSN ID: thunda123

http://www.blu-clan.com
Old 06-05-2008, 11:08 PM   #3
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2008
Send a message via AIM to sfmarine Send a message via MSN to sfmarine Send a message via Skype™ to sfmarine

Samsung Model # LN-T4081F
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!" -- President Merkin Muffley/Dr. Strangelove

DIRECTV HR34 Genie
Old 06-05-2008, 11:27 PM   #4

Feb 2008
Arizona

Quote:
Samsung Model # LN-T4081F
Well, there's no firmware updates that I know of for that kind of a problem with that model. So, a few things... Have you checked that the power cord is in there securely (I"m sure you have but I thought I would check with you) Second, could you have possibly accidently set the on/off timer or the sleep timer? If not, does your tv automatically turn off shortly after you turn it on? If that's the case and you've checked all these other things then it's probably a problem with either the cord or the tv itself. Then, you'd need to contact Samsung. If the tv is really new you could probably take it back to the store you bought it from.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:45 PM   #5
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunda View Post
Well, there's no firmware updates that I know of for that kind of a problem with that model. So, a few things... Have you checked that the power cord is in there securely (I"m sure you have but I thought I would check with you) Second, could you have possibly accidently set the on/off timer or the sleep timer? If not, does your tv automatically turn off shortly after you turn it on? If that's the case and you've checked all these other things then it's probably a problem with either the cord or the tv itself. Then, you'd need to contact Samsung. If the tv is really new you could probably take it back to the store you bought it from.
Ah...ya i forgot to mention that...it turns off and powers back on. Definitely not the cord has the be something internal.

DIRECTV HR34 Genie
Old 06-06-2008, 12:04 AM   #6

Feb 2008
Arizona

Quote:
Ah...ya i forgot to mention that...it turns off and powers back on. Definitely not the cord has the be something internal.

Yeah, I personally haven't heard anything about that happening with your model. I know the newer A650 model has had that problem and they fixed it with a firmware update. Yours may be a similar problem but i'm pretty sure they don't have a firmware update for it since its not a widespread problem.

Well, good luck in getting it fixed!

Old 06-06-2008, 01:12 AM   #7

Nov 2007

I have a problem with my samsung LA40M81BDX where it turns it's self on occasionally. Freaks the shit out of me if leave my receiver on and some late night movie is on whilst in bed.

Not sure if it's a problem with a switch in the tv or possibly dirty power or something.
Any one else having these probs ?
PS3 40gig, 40" Samsung LCD 1080p, Onkyo TX-SR576
Games: Uncharted, SingStar, Guitar Hero III, GT5P, Star Wars Lego Saga
Blu-Rays: 300, Gone in 60 secs, AVP2R, The Rock, I am Legend, Narnia, Harry Potters, Enmeny of the State
Old 06-06-2008, 08:35 AM   #8
Special Member

Mar 2008
Grande Prairie, Alberta

Quote:
50 inch display at work does this too... I wasn't too sure why at first but I checked the back one time and it seems to be really hot (for an LCD) and I think it may have something to do with this... have you felt the temp?
TV: Panasonic TC-P42G10Players:250 GB PS3 Slim Receivers:Onkyo 705, 8555 Speakers:Klipsch RF-35s, RS-42s, RC-35, RW12d, Tannoy DC4Ts

"Where you hear the free exchange of ideas, I hear a thousand idiots typing 'First' as fast as they can."
"Well surely people must write other things on the internet, what do they post after 'First'?"
"Second, third and so on, until finally they grow weary of numerals, and begin to compare the topic at hand to Nazis or homosexual intercourse"
Old 06-06-2008, 11:08 PM   #9
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2008

Not really...I mean it gets hot. Do you think it's a safety feature like the labtops have? My computer shuts off if it gets too hot. I'll have to go into best buy and ask.

DIRECTV HR34 Genie
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > LCD TVs