Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Americans: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
8-Film Action Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Far and Away (Blu-ray)
$10.49
The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning / The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Charade (Blu-ray)
$9.96

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 06-06-2008, 05:58 AM   #1

Aug 2007
Default Sam Rami talks Spider-man

Made some interesting comments over on Superhero hype:

Quote:

"James Vanderbilt is writing the script and I'm excited to read it. I think it's going to be done in a few months," Raimi told us, adding, "I'm hoping it's as great as our discussions were about it and I'm hoping it feels right for me because I love Spider-Man. I'm hoping I'm well rested enough to embrace it and I'm hoping Sony wants me to do it. If all of those things come together, I would love to do it. There are a lot of unknowns about the future."

And how does he feel about re-casting key players if needed? "I'd hate to re-cast anybody in the future, I can't imagine that."
You can also see what he has to say about the proposed Evil Dead remake and the 30 Day's of Night Sequel here
I Like the Way You Move!

"This is the story of the GreenScar, The Eye Of Anger, The World Breaker, Harkanon, Haarg, Holku, HULK, and how he finally came home." May the Sakaarson show mercy on your soul!
Old 06-06-2008, 06:01 AM   #2
Banned

Jan 2007

Sam Rami should have his ass removed!! The guy totally drop the ball on the spiderman 1 and 3 was a pure disaster. Let have a new director please!!!
Old 06-06-2008, 06:06 AM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2007
Silicon Valley

I might be in the minority but I enjoyed all 3 Spiderman movies and especially Spidy 1. I am hoping that Sam and the entire cast are back for more Spidy fun. BTW, Spidy 3 on BD is pure reference.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:07 AM   #4
Blu-ray Champion

May 2007

Spidey 3 was not his fault

Marvel wanted Venom and he wanted to stick with the classic, and Sony didn't want to do 2 movies. Lots of fighting=mediocre movie
Old 06-06-2008, 06:15 AM   #5
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2007
Lakeland,FL
Send a message via AIM to dgator783

on a side note, please dont remake Evil Dead.....nobody could even out due Bruce Campell and give the character Ash any justice......its perfect the way it is....
Old 06-06-2008, 06:19 AM   #6

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollo92178 View Post
Sam Rami should have his ass removed!! The guy totally drop the ball on the spiderman 1 and 3 was a pure disaster. Let have a new director please!!!
They should drop everyone and redo it like batman. Did you see the actors promoting 3? They don't give a shit anymore. No one goes to see spiderman for the actors, they go cause its spiderman! And after 3 seriously where will the series eventually end up after the next couple? At a dead end because they screwed the story and killed off all the villains! I mean venom in 3 was bs. The whole point is brock and parker being friendly but work rivals all the time not knowing that they are each others nemesis. It could have been funny, suspenseful, and downright KICK ASS! That alone could have held the series plot for 2 to 3 films. But no raimi writes the script and screws up. plus he started giving family jobs on the film. there are like 3 raimis in the credits. And he wrote 3 with his brother. What qualifies his brother to decide where the series goes? Thats why sony hired a guy to overlook the writing of 4 because raimi was taking liberties due to his position he was trusted with and started putting family on the payroll. Now it seems sony is keeping him out of the loop because he doesn't remotely know what the script entails. Plus he isn't guaranteed to be the director for 4 yet. I say screw him and get someone else.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:31 AM   #7
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Redmond, WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmilo View Post
I might be in the minority but I enjoyed all 3 Spiderman movies and especially Spidy 1. I am hoping that Sam and the entire cast are back for more Spidy fun. BTW, Spidy 3 on BD is pure reference.
I am with you on this!
Launch PS3 60GB, Launch PS3 Slim 120GB, Launch PS4
Family Room: (TV) Samsung LNT5271; (Receiver) Pioneer Elite VSX-92TXH; (Speakers) Definitive Technology ProCinema 60 5.1 System
New HT Room: (Projector) JVC RS45; (Receiver) Pioneer Elite SC-35; (Front Speakers) Monitor Audio RX6; (Center) RX Centre; (Side Surround Speakers) Monitor Audio RXFX; (Back Speakers) PSB Image B4 Compact Bookshelf; (Subwoofer) SVS PB12-Plus
GO PURPLE...BE GOLD!
Old 06-06-2008, 07:13 AM   #8

May 2008
Baytown, Tx

Spider 3 was an average movie... 1&2 rocked
In the absence of Light,Darkness prevails.

32 inch 720p Sony Bravia
40gb PS3 :]
Xbox 360 elite and External Hd dvd drive :]
11 Blu-ray :]
13 HD DVDs :]
12 DVDs :/
Old 06-06-2008, 07:20 AM   #9
Expert Member

Apr 2007

I liked Spidey 1 and I love Spidey 2. I liked Spidey 3, but the more I watch it the less I like it. Replacing Raimi doesn't mean that the next director would do a better job. They could end up making things worse.

Who ever is in the film, and who ever directs the film better do a good job, assuming the script is any good. As long as I get a good film that I can enjoy, I don't care if they keep the cast or replace them. If they keep the cast, maybe replace Mary Jane at least.
PS3 with 500GB HD
PS4
Panasonic DMP-BD60
300+ DVD's
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
5.1 (non-HD Audio) Surround
Old 06-06-2008, 07:37 AM   #10
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2006
Switzerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmilo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorD View Post
I am with you on this!
So am I
Old 06-06-2008, 01:09 PM   #11
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2007
Cincinnati, OH

Looks like they have a good script ready for Spider-Man 4. But I want it to be more than Spider-Man 1, 2, and 3 combined together. I want more action and less goofing around....less dancing or better yet no dancing at all.....I want to see Peter Parker act like Peter Parker damn it.

Who are you to deny greatness? If you would deny it to yourself, you would deny it to the entire world. And we will not be denied.
GREATNESS AWAITS
PLAYSTATION 4
Old 06-06-2008, 01:32 PM   #12
Banned

Dec 2007

I also enjoyed Spidey 3, but recognize its flaws. They could have really done a great job with Parker's internal conflict, but the whole movie had a rushed feeling to it having 2 major villains. Next movie should go back to being character driven. Something where Peter has to make a major sacrafice for the greater good, with a sub plot that could carry on for a 5th, like the introduction of Kraven.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:58 PM   #13

Oct 2007
Kearney,Nebraska

I am slowly working on A script towards an Evil Dead remake it is titled " The Living Ash: Within The Woods" and it will tie into Freddy and Jason relm.
TREY4LIFE!-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RawluL9xfJU&feature=channel_page
Old 06-06-2008, 06:10 PM   #14
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2008
North Jersey
Default like a few posters

like a few members on this thread, spidy 3 was ok but to kill Venom!!! WOW... come on.. he's like one of the best characters.. sandman is garbage..
NJ_Rams_Fan

7-9

Old 06-06-2008, 07:07 PM   #15
Expert Member

Dec 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by unreal shinobi View Post
Spider 3 was an average movie... 1&2 rocked
I agree with this 100%.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:05 PM   #16
Power Member

Sep 2007
Central Florida

I loved all 3 Spider-Man films, especially part 2. So another film by Raimi would be welcomed by me. Would also want Tobey to return as PP/Spidey.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:09 PM   #17

Jan 2008

I'm hoping Toby returns. If he doesn't then maybe they should get Val Kilmer or George Clooney to be the Web Crusader. Wait a minute....
Old 06-06-2008, 11:50 PM   #18

Mar 2008

Venom was overshadowed and that was the downfall of spidey 3. And by downfall I mean for everyone else, I really enjoyed the movie overall despite that. You can never have too much CGI in a comic book adaption, especially spiderman. Too much cgi can be bad, but not when it is handled expertly like it was in 3
Old 06-07-2008, 12:22 AM   #19
Expert Member

Apr 2008
Oklahoma

Thank God they are talking about doing a fourth movie. Spider-Man 3 left me wanting more, I was sad when it ended. As for Spider-man 2, It is by far the worse in the series thus far. I love Spider-man but the second movie was on the verge of bad. Doc Okc story was done too corny and some of the dialogue was atrocious. How it was ever said to be the best comic book movie ever is beside me. Now the Spider-man 2.1 was a little better but 3 was alot better. More action, too much story and Gwen Stacy all better than the second movie. If they do a fourth I hope they get back to the wise-cracking put downs we all know spider-man for. I just hope they finally add the Lizard & maybe Black Cat.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:28 AM   #20
Special Member

Dec 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS3-Playb3yond View Post
Looks like they have a good script ready for Spider-Man 4. But I want it to be more than Spider-Man 1, 2, and 3 combined together. I want more action and less goofing around....less dancing or better yet no dancing at all.....I want to see Peter Parker act like Peter Parker damn it.
Thre should never be dancing in a spider-man movie. That was a crime against spider-man fans everywhere
PSN: GodsFavorite
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies