Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Americans: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gatchaman: Complete Collection + OVAs (Blu-ray)
$59.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Animal House (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Psycho-Pass: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$97.07
Blow (Blu-ray)
$6.98
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Far and Away (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Hannibal: Season One (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Spider-Man / Spider-Man 2 / Spider-Man 3 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Old 07-06-2011, 03:51 AM   #1
zeze zeze is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
zeze's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
1881
72
1
Default Supernatural S3

Does anyone know if WB re-released Supernatural Season 3 with a slipcase to match the other seasons.
My Top 5 Movies of All Time:
1. Forrest Gump
2. Back to the Future Part 1 & Back to the Future Part 2
3. Braveheart
4. Halloween (1978)
5. Ferris Bueller's Day Off
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:53 AM   #2
D head D head is offline
Senior Member
 
D head's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
West Virginia
1388
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeze View Post
Does anyone know if WB re-released Supernatural Season 3 with a slipcase to match the other seasons.
That bugs me too...
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 12:53 PM   #3
Eagle_23 Eagle_23 is offline
Special Member
 
Eagle_23's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
Toronto, Canada
637
3
Default

Yes, I have a slipcase for my S3 BD.
Panasonic 65VT30
Marantz 6005 w/ 2 Polk RTi A5 (fronts), Polk CSi A4 (center), 4 Axiom QS8 (surrounds) & Martin Logan 700w sub.
PS4 & Xbox One
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 01:19 PM   #4
FungManHin FungManHin is offline
Active Member
 
Mar 2009
241
5
Default

mine came with a slip case too. but it's the kind that has the opening on top and bottom of the case (not like the others that have one opening on the side).
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:21 PM   #5
D head D head is offline
Senior Member
 
D head's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
West Virginia
1388
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FungManHin View Post
mine came with a slip case too. but it's the kind that has the opening on top and bottom of the case (not like the others that have one opening on the side).
I have that slipcover as well.. I want the case though.. That way they all match..
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:43 PM   #6
KilloWertz KilloWertz is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
KilloWertz's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH
870
47
3
43
Send a message via MSN to KilloWertz
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D head View Post
I have that slipcover as well.. I want the case though.. That way they all match..
They'll likely never re-release it with a slipcase. The first season of Chuck is that way as well. I get wanting them to match, but at least the spines do.
Last Watched: Mad Men: Season Four (Episode 9)
Last Bought: Despicable Me 2 3D
PSN ID: KilloWertz
"Chuck me" 9/24/07 - 1/27/12
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:37 PM   #7
Tom Hiddleston Tom Hiddleston is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Tom Hiddleston's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
Birmingham, Alabama. :(
158
2
Angry Blegh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FungManHin View Post
mine came with a slip case too. but it's the kind that has the opening on top and bottom of the case (not like the others that have one opening on the side).
Ugh.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...faces?siteId=3

"Someone who loves to start a fire and listen to the screams."

"If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear?"
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:28 AM   #8
Rambaldi47 Rambaldi47 is offline
Expert Member
 
Rambaldi47's Avatar
 
May 2010
Boston, MA
230
100
Default

This bothers me so much! There are a few seasons of Smallville like that too, that don't match up with the later seasons. I guess I should be happy they didn't change the entire packaging, like they did for the dvds, which are all different heights and widths. But the slips not matching up really irks me. They should do it like Fox did for Fringe; they all match up perfectly with the season number on the side.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:37 AM   #9
Tom Hiddleston Tom Hiddleston is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Tom Hiddleston's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
Birmingham, Alabama. :(
158
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambaldi47 View Post
This bothers me so much! There are a few seasons of Smallville like that too, that don't match up with the later seasons. I guess I should be happy they didn't change the entire packaging, like they did for the dvds, which are all different heights and widths. But the slips not matching up really irks me. They should do it like Fox did for Fringe; they all match up perfectly with the season number on the side.
I would not want the slips to match if they were all like the s3 slip, but I wish that the s3 slip was like all the others.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...faces?siteId=3

"Someone who loves to start a fire and listen to the screams."

"If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear?"
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 05:33 AM   #10
ChadJCronin ChadJCronin is offline
Member
 
ChadJCronin's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Iowa
421
36
2
Default

I also wish they had a box like the rest. Also I think it's weird that they put 7 episodes on the 1st disc when every other set only goes up to 6 and this was the shorter season.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 06:26 AM   #11
demiscy demiscy is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
demiscy's Avatar
 
Sep 2007
Nicosia, CY (EU)
2
31
Default

Season 3 always came with a slipcase.

It's the rest of the seasons that came with a slipbox
[[ Official UK Slipcover Thread ]]
My Slipcovers collection as of August 5th Part One, Two and Three
Looking to buy these slips: BROTHERS GRIMM Canadian Lenticular, HOME ALONE 1+2 USA Slipbox, X-FILES 2, KILL BILL 2 Canadian Lenticular, Ghost US
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 06:45 AM   #12
K i r a K i r a is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
K i r a's Avatar
 
Sep 2010
Florida
8
206
116
82
17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by demiscy View Post
Season 3 always came with a slipcase.

It's the rest of the seasons that came with a slipbox
Thanks for knowing the difference, as other people don't know the difference between slip case (cover) and slip box.

S 1-2, 4-6 all came with slip boxes (being only one opening on the side) and S 3 came with slip case (being two openings; one on top and bottom, much thinner, too).

From the sides, not too irking, but when you pop it out, it is a bit troublesome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 07:38 AM   #13
demiscy demiscy is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
demiscy's Avatar
 
Sep 2007
Nicosia, CY (EU)
2
31
Default

There IS a solution for this..

The UK S3 comes in a slipbox INDENTICAL to the US. Only extra on the spine is the age logo.

Here is a pic:



cost me 7 GBP in a recent Amazon UK sale
[[ Official UK Slipcover Thread ]]
My Slipcovers collection as of August 5th Part One, Two and Three
Looking to buy these slips: BROTHERS GRIMM Canadian Lenticular, HOME ALONE 1+2 USA Slipbox, X-FILES 2, KILL BILL 2 Canadian Lenticular, Ghost US

Last edited by demiscy; 09-25-2011 at 07:41 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 07:44 AM   #14
hardtosayx hardtosayx is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
hardtosayx's Avatar
 
Jun 2009
PA
932
80
1
45
Default

I don't mind the ratings logos but in this case I'd rather have the slipboxes and slipcover. Never really understood why they change the packaging for one season
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 04:20 PM   #15
ozzsoad ozzsoad is offline
Power Member
 
ozzsoad's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
California
714
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardtosayx View Post
I don't mind the ratings logos but in this case I'd rather have the slipboxes and slipcover. Never really understood why they change the packaging for one season
I believe Season 3 was the first to be released on Blu-ray, they changed the cover after that one. Slightly better consistency would be nice, but they all look the same on my shelf.

I'm just happy I got the slipcover. I bought it recently and only one out of the three that my Best Buy had had a slipcover. That's how they were shipped, the slipcover one was plastic wrapped. All the boxes were broken as well, which was even more annoying.
"If you don't like something, don't watch it again. Why whinge about it on a forum to a load o' divs? Don't worry about it." - Karl Pilkington

Current Setups:
- Epson 8350, 145" display on wall with Behr Silver Screen, Onkyo HT-S3400 HTiB, Samsung BD player
- Vizio 65" M-Series w/ 3D, Vizio 5.1 soundbar, Sony PS3 Slim, PS4, Wii U, XBox360
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 05:32 PM   #16
hardtosayx hardtosayx is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
hardtosayx's Avatar
 
Jun 2009
PA
932
80
1
45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzsoad View Post
I believe Season 3 was the first to be released on Blu-ray, they changed the cover after that one. Slightly better consistency would be nice, but they all look the same on my shelf.

I'm just happy I got the slipcover. I bought it recently and only one out of the three that my Best Buy had had a slipcover. That's how they were shipped, the slipcover one was plastic wrapped. All the boxes were broken as well, which was even more annoying.
Makes sense, I knew they were released in random order but didn't know that was the first released. Now that I look it's the same for Lost, season 3 has a noticeable slipbox and the rest are slipcovers
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:41 PM.