Best PS3 Deals

Top PS3 Deals, Cheap PS3 Games!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord (PS3)
$35.99
Destiny (PS3)
$49.64
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PS3)
$14.99
Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS3)
$29.99
Need for Speed Rivals (PS3)
$18.99
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3)
$19.99
The LEGO Movie Videogame (PS3)
$19.99
WWE 2K15 (PS3)
$59.85
Lego Marvel Super Heroes (PS3)
$14.99
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel! (PS3)
$59.42
FIFA 14 (PS3)
$25.49
Tales of Xillia 2 (PS3)
$39.99
GRID Autosport (PS3)
$25.51
The Last of Us (PS3)
$27.49
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Collection (PS3)
$19.99
Murdered: Soul Suspect (PS3)
$24.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

View Poll Results: How would you rate this game? Please don't vote if you have not played the game.
Platinum 115 79.86%
Gold 24 16.67%
Silver 4 2.78%
Bronze 1 0.69%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-28-2010, 08:33 PM   #1261
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2006

Septimus, I didn't mean that God of War should copy Bayonetta (or any other game currently in existence - Assassin's Creed 2 and Batman Arkhum Asylum are a couple more that come to mind). I meant to imply that the series should potentially think about different ways to improve their combat system. This is largely relegated to methods we have not even seen before (or new gameplay innovations being experimented with in other games). That's the purpose of R&D (or in the case of games, just brainstorming and implementation) - thinking beyond what already exists. I mentioned Bayonetta because it's something tangible that everyone can relate to.

With regards to context-sensitive dodges, I see that particular art as still in its infancy stages. Enemy recognition along advanced implementation could see Kratos in the middle of fight "gracefully" (for lack of a more rugged word) evading his enemy's attacks, countering and combo-ing in one very fluid "ballet of destruction". I envision hundreds of dodge/counter manuevers that are contingent upon which enemies he's facing, where they are in relation to him, how they are attacking, what direction Kratos is facing, etc... That in itself means the game has room for improvement.
Madden 2011: GoMikeVickGo, 75-36, 2% DNF, Avg Opponent Lvl = 5
Madden Leagues: Patriots (8-0), Eagles (12-0), Lions Fantasy (6-2)

Last edited by BlackMamba; 01-28-2010 at 08:39 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:36 PM   #1262
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMamba View Post
Septimus, I didn't mean that God of War should copy Bayonetta (or any other game currently in existence - Assassin's Creed 2 and Batman Arkhum Asylum are a couple more that come to mind). I meant to imply that the series should potentially think about different ways to improve their combat system. This is largely relegated to methods we have not even seen before (or new gameplay innovations being experimented with in other games). That's the purpose of R&D (or in the case of games, just brainstorming and implementation) - thinking beyond what already exists. I mentioned Bayonetta because it's something tangible that everyone can relate to.
I just used that as an example. I still think the game needs to feel like God of War, and in order for it to do that (at least for me), it has to retain its combat and gameplay mechanics.

Just to throw in another example, Dante's Inferno (at least the demo) does not feel like GoW at all to me, even though everyone else is saying it's the same. This is largely due to the range of Dante's scythe, as opposed to Kratos's blades, and the crucifix projectile attack.

I think, if they want to do something drastically different, they should use another game.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:43 PM   #1263

Jul 2007

March 16th already? Too many games to play, and I still gotta get GOW Collection....
Old 01-28-2010, 08:46 PM   #1264
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septimus Prime View Post
I just used that as an example. I still think the game needs to feel like God of War, and in order for it to do that (at least for me), it has to retain its combat and gameplay mechanics.

Just to throw in another example, Dante's Inferno (at least the demo) does not feel like GoW at all to me, even though everyone else is saying it's the same. This is largely due to the range of Dante's scythe, as opposed to Kratos's blades, and the crucifix projectile attack.

I think, if they want to do something drastically different, they should use another game.
I think they can still maintain the feel of the game and advance in a meaningful way. Offensively, God of War has it down. I'm not arguing that (for the most part). Keep the combos, weapons, parries (which I like), etc... What I'm advocating is adding more layers on top of that, specifically to the defensive and "all-around" game

I also added more to my previous comments above.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:59 PM   #1265
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007
PSN Network: Aygie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerGuy View Post
For what it's worth, I read an article a week or two ago from Joystiq that said their initial thoughts of it being just GOW2 in HD were eased after a more recent hands-on playthrough. I can't find the article or link it since I'm at work though.
Here you go

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/01/18/th...od-of-war-iii/
Sharp Aquos LC42XD1E, Sharp Aquos LC32D65, Onkyo TX-SR805, PS3 250GB HD, PS3 80GB HD, A.E Aego T Speakers, Sky HD
Old 01-28-2010, 09:13 PM   #1266
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by aygie View Post
excellent, thanks! But, the improvements mentioned do largely deal with the visuals and presentation (which are no doubt important, but I really had no qualms with the game in that department). Now, advanced cinematic qualities can actually lend themselves to enhanced gameplay but we'll see if that's the case (and if so, how much it improves gameplay in a meaningful way).
Old 01-28-2010, 09:33 PM   #1267

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septimus Prime View Post
I also think the combat has evolved a lot—albeit subtly—between the first two games. For example, in God of War, can be canceled into a block/parry or dodge at any point during its animation, which makes it too good relative to just about every other combo in the game. GoWII fixes the problem by having the player commit after a certain point during the finisher. GoWII also improves parry by allowing the player to parry projectiles, but it trades off GoW's ridiculously good post-parry counterattacks.
Is supposed to be a combo? Can we do that in the GoW3 demo?
Platinum Trophies: 6
Old 01-28-2010, 09:34 PM   #1268
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ureh View Post
Is supposed to be a combo? Can we do that in the GoW3 demo?
Yeah, it's just the basic weak, weak, strong combination
Old 01-28-2010, 09:38 PM   #1269
Special Member

Jan 2008
Windsor, Ontario

What sort of defensive changes do you think they should make? It all still has to be fairly easy to play...
Old 01-28-2010, 09:39 PM   #1270
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008

Quote:
Dante's Inferno, which was demoed at the same event, didn't look uninteresting -- it looked downright "last gen," resembling God of War Collection more than Kratos' upcoming adventure.
Oh, man, does that sound sweet.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:43 AM   #1271
Special Member

May 2007
San Diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groo The Perverted View Post
Looks like they're is gonna f*** this release up just like they did the God of War collection.

I went on Amazon and even though the actual GOW3 Ultimate page says "March 16th", my preorder that I've had since October says that the delivery estimate is April 2nd.

So I cancelled that one, and pre-ordered it again (this time using a 10.00 gift card to knock off some of the monster price) and even though it says it is released on March 16th, and with ONE DAY PRIME SHIPPING, I get it on March 18th.

#facepalm
Yeah Amazon needs to get their crap together and make this game a release date delivery guarantee. I'm seriously considering right now about canceling my amazon pre order and pre ordering again with my local Gamestop because they are doing a midnight release on March 15th.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:18 AM   #1272
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH
Send a message via MSN to KilloWertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB24SD View Post
Yeah Amazon needs to get their crap together and make this game a release date delivery guarantee. I'm seriously considering right now about canceling my amazon pre order and pre ordering again with my local Gamestop because they are doing a midnight release on March 15th.
It's possible that they will still offer release date delivery on this game. They just recently starting offering it on Heavy Rain to my knowledge and that comes out almost a month earlier. I'm remaining hopeful because it's much cheaper for me to buy it through Amazon than it is anywhere else.
Last Watched: Detention
Last Bought: Snowpiercer
PSN ID: KilloWertz
"Chuck me" 9/24/07 - 1/27/12
Old 01-29-2010, 04:42 AM   #1273
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by killowertz View Post
It's possible that they will still offer release date delivery on this game. They just recently starting offering it on Heavy Rain to my knowledge and that comes out almost a month earlier. I'm remaining hopeful because it's much cheaper for me to buy it through Amazon than it is anywhere else.
yeah, plus with Prime I can get it on 1 day delivery for 3.99
Old 01-29-2010, 01:28 PM   #1274
Power Member

Aug 2006
Long Island, NY;psn:phranctoast

I'm having the same issue with Dantes Inferno and Bioshock 2. Both have release date delivery, but still shows up with a three day turnaround in the shipping section. I have Prime btw. I figure it will get updated.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:58 PM   #1275

Jun 2008
Brooklyn Heights, OH PSNetwork ID: Ozzy_Rulz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AranhaHunter View Post
March 16th already? Too many games to play, and I still gotta get GOW Collection....
The EU Ultimate set will include GOW 1-3 you can get caught up right there.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:22 PM   #1276
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009
Boston suburbs

From Kotaku:
Quote:
Starting in February, you will be able to run into any 7-Eleven store to pick up a heaping, icy cup of Kratos Fury.

Evan Brody, marketing manager, Slurpee & Big Gulp Brands, says the frozen concoction is a mix of "ferocious blackberries and frosty limes" and that it will be available through March.

The drink will come in one of four exclusive God of War III Slurpee cups. The cups will include art work and reward codes that can be redeemed at Slurpee.com for God of War III and Slurpee-themed downloadable content.

Old 01-29-2010, 06:46 PM   #1277
Power Member

Aug 2006
Long Island, NY;psn:phranctoast

Only thing that sucks is you have to redeem the Slurpee codes from their website. That probably means registering and receiving crap email. Then download through a PC and have to put it on a portable device to transfer. Kind of a pain in the ass. I guess you could just use the PS browser.

It would have been nice if they gave codes redeemable in the PSN store instead.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:26 PM   #1278
The Busey

Apr 2008
Ohio

Kratos Filled Slurpees?!?!

Two Please!!!!
"The word fan is an obsolete word to me. It means two thing: fantastic or fanatic. Or something that hangs on a ceiling or sits on a table and blows wind in your face." - Gary Busey
Old 01-29-2010, 07:57 PM   #1279
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2008
Birmingham, AL

That theme is awesome! Too bad there aren't any 7-Eleven's in Alabama
PSN: DaveS78
Old 01-29-2010, 09:07 PM   #1280
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008
St. Louis
Send a message via AIM to jono_0101

kratos fury slurpee??? looks like im headin to 7-11 soon, i gotta see what this is all about
OFFICIAL BLURAY.COM SURVIVOR GURU! :D
PSN ID: ANEWHOPE182

Words of Wisdom:
"knifing your girlfriend and then sicking dogs on her is not the way to get laid"-forum member Xerios

Leader of the BluRay.com Raven clan on MAG, PM or PSN message me if you want to join up!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3