Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Far and Away (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
History of the World: Part I (Blu-ray)
$6.16
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Intolerable Cruelty (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$16.98
Gravity (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$22.98
BTOOOM!: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Blues Brothers (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Gremlins (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Persona 4 the Animation: Collection 1 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Little Busters!: Collection 1 (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Planet Earth (Blu-ray)
$45.99
Campione!: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
La Storia della Arcana Famiglia: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Old 08-03-2008, 09:13 PM   #1

Aug 2008
Default Rolling Stones:shine A Light

has anyone had a problem with this movie on blu-ray? i have now bought it 3 times, and have not been able to view it once...after the loading time( soooooo long) it has the paramount hi def image...and then a black screen. cant get to the menu...or get the movie to play at all!!! help!!!!!

Last edited by deadman; 08-03-2008 at 09:15 PM.
Old 08-03-2008, 09:53 PM   #2
Banned

Sep 2007
France

probably an update issue from your player if it s not a play3
these kind of troubles happen a lot
Old 08-03-2008, 09:57 PM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

May 2007
Macon Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadman View Post
has anyone had a problem with this movie on blu-ray? i have now bought it 3 times, and have not been able to view it once...after the loading time( soooooo long) it has the paramount hi def image...and then a black screen. cant get to the menu...or get the movie to play at all!!! help!!!!!
What player do you have? It could be a firmware update that needs to be done for it.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:32 AM   #4

Jun 2008

Quote:
its an update. I had the same problem then realized when i bought the used bluray player it had version 2.0 while sony last released 3.95. Update it.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:53 AM   #5

Jul 2008

Shine A Light is incredible! No other Stones DVD compares to the quality of this Blu-Ray.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:20 AM   #6
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Mpls, MN

I didn't have any issues with it on the PS3 it loaded as normally as other blu rays and played fine. Must be an update issue on the player.
Stop the Replacing of original Studio Opening / Closing logos! These are becoming endangered and should be kept intact. They are part of film history.

Marantz SR700
MartinLogan: ESL, Grotto i, Motif, FX2, Motion 15
Oppo BDP-103 Oppo BDP-103 Region Free
Pioneer LD CLD-D505
Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60
Old 08-11-2008, 02:19 AM   #7

Nov 2007
Default problem with the Shine a Light blu ray

I had the same exact issue with the Shine a Light blu ray disc. At first, I thought I just bought a defective copy but then I replaced it with a new one and the same thing happened. After trying to get it to play several times, the blu ray disc surprised me and played the main feature of Shine a Light but then it wouldn't play the Additional Songs in the Special Features section. Can anyone suggest what type of update is needed for the Sony Blu Ray player in order for my Shine the Light blu ray disc to play successfully? Please help!
Old 08-11-2008, 01:36 PM   #8

Nov 2007
Olive Branch, MS.
Question

Quote:
I received "Shine a Light" from Netflix lastTuesday, and when I inserted it into my Pioneer/Elite BDP-94HD, the display indicated "CAN'T PLAY". I cleaned and inspected it, but after multiple failed attempts, I surrendered.

I also received "The Counterfeiters" from them on the same day, so I inserted it and it played fine. After watching this movie, I re-inserted "Shine a Light", and low and behold, it loaded and played just fine.

My firmware is up-to-date.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America