Best Blu-ray Deals

Black Friday Week is Live, $3.99 Blu-ray Movies »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Rain Man (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Person of Interest: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99

X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Lone Survivor (Blu-ray)
$7.99

Rise of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$3.99

X-Men: First Class (Blu-ray)
$3.99

The Avengers (Blu-ray)
$9.99

The Princess Bride (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99

A Good Day to Die Hard (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 4 (Blu-ray)
$26.49
7 hrs ago
Prometheus (Blu-ray)
$3.99

The Terminator (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 08-13-2008, 01:23 AM   #1
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Default reaper season 2

can sameone tell me when does the second season start in america
Old 08-13-2008, 01:30 AM   #2

Jul 2008
Charlotte, NC
Send a message via AIM to PCiAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baliey View Post
can sameone tell me when does the second season start in america
It won't be until January '09. IT was renewed for a second season, but it will be returning as a mid-season replacement show, so we have a while before a second season. I'm just thankful the CW gave this show a second season chance; I was worried for a bit. The show finally picked up steam in mid season! I love it.
Gary
My Facebook Page

"What are you doing in a house with Sidney Prescott anyway? Isn't that like being on 'Top Chef' with Jeffrey Dahmer?" - Trevor, Scream 4
Old 08-13-2008, 07:09 AM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2007
Venice Baby!

I was getting worried too. It is such a fun show and they have really started to build in a nice mythology and larger story arc that is getting really interesting.

Nothing against CW, but this show deserves a bigger network with a bigger audience.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:27 AM   #4

Aug 2008

Wish it was coming to blu...:sigh:
Old 08-13-2008, 02:47 PM   #5

Jul 2008
Charlotte, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
Wish it was coming to blu...:sigh:
I know! I'd purchase that definitely.
Gary
My Facebook Page

"What are you doing in a house with Sidney Prescott anyway? Isn't that like being on 'Top Chef' with Jeffrey Dahmer?" - Trevor, Scream 4
Old 11-05-2008, 09:12 PM   #6

Jan 2008
Berkley, MI

Bump for any blu news about this show
My Blu Ray Collection

PSN ID: Rothwilder
Old 11-05-2008, 10:05 PM   #7
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

I have been asking all over the net for months about Blu, and right now Supernatural and Smallville, are the only CW shows on blu. I love this show, but I no longer by tv shows on standard.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:42 PM   #8

Jul 2008
Charlotte, NC

I don't even think there's a standard DVD release for the first season yet. Maybe they'll announce something closer to the premiere of season two--at least I am hoping.
Gary
My Facebook Page

Old 11-06-2008, 12:43 AM   #9
Expert Member

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCiAM View Post
I don't even think there's a standard DVD release for the first season yet. Maybe they'll announce something closer to the premiere of season two--at least I am hoping.
Came out yesterday

http://www.amazon.com/Reaper-Season-...5932215&sr=8-1
Old 11-06-2008, 05:16 AM   #10
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Yeah I was gonna say the Standard came out already. Just 0 advertisement whatsoever.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:25 PM   #11

Jul 2008
Charlotte, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldeMan45 View Post
Yeah I was gonna say the Standard came out already. Just 0 advertisement whatsoever.
That's unfortunate. I had no idea. I'd like to own this, but I don't think I could make myself spend money on the DVD release. I wish they'd release a Blu set, but they probably think they don't have enough of an audience to make a nice profit from a Blu release.

I do love this show, though. It started out well, somewhat staggered in mid-season, but came back strong after the writer's strike while remaining funny but still building a nice mythology. The characters are GREAT. It'd be sad for this to be canceled. I somewhat see this as a male version of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, which just happens to be my favorite show of all time. Both shows do a great job at blending humor and drama with an ongoing mythological arc. I hope the show picks up viewers in season two as I'd hate to see this canceled. CW already canceled Veronica Mars, great show . Apparently they're more interested in carrying on One Tree Hill for an umpteenth season and the awful 90210 remake. Gossip Girl and Supernatural are good shows, though. I could never really get into Smallville. I definitely look forward to Reaper's return. I miss Sock!
Gary
My Facebook Page

Old 02-06-2009, 09:45 PM   #12

May 2008
Boise, ID

Lots of commercials last night and today for the return of Reaper on the 3rd of March. Can't wait.
The Elitist FNG.

GO DOLPHINS!!!! GO SPURS!!!!.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:20 PM   #13
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008

I lost interesting half-way in the season. I'd give the second season a chance based on what everyone's saying.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:59 PM   #14
Expert Member

Dec 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCiAM View Post
That's unfortunate. I had no idea. I'd like to own this, but I don't think I could make myself spend money on the DVD release. I wish they'd release a Blu set, but they probably think they don't have enough of an audience to make a nice profit from a Blu release.
Why would it cost more for a Blu-ray release? I would think they filmed it in a hi-def format, hopefully something well above that, like 4K. I haven't seen the show in quite awhile and get it OTA but don't remember if it came in as SD or HD but really think it was at least 720P if not 1080i. So the format should already be there, almost more work to cut it down to DVD. For disc production the cost of the media itself is insignificant so it is only a matter of how many people are buying Blu-ray. If it gets released on Blu and you already have it on DVD you are obligated to pick it up again on Blu.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:47 PM   #15
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2008
Canada

Schedule & Episode List For Reaper Season 2!Thanks to Mr. Video, ReaperSite has a big exclusive treat (well, exclusive until a certain site lifts this stuff without a link or acknowledging the source) - a schedule and titles for every episode of Reaper Season Two!
Here's the list. Remember, Reaper Season 2 starts March 3 on the CW!
3/03 - #2.1 "Episode IV: A New Hope"
3/10 - #2.2 "Dirty Sexy Mongol"
3/17 - #2.3 "The Sweet Science"
3/24 - #2.4 "The Favorite"
3/31 - #2.5 "I Want My Baby Back"
4/07 - #2.6 "Underbelly"
4/14 - #2.7 "The Good Soil"
4/21 - #2.8 "The Home Stretch"
4/28 - #2.9 "No Reaper Left Behind"
5/05 - #2.10 "My Brother's Reaper"
5/12 - #2.11 "To Sprong, With Love"
5/19 - #2.12 "Business Casualty"
5/26 - #2.13 "The Devil & Sam Oliver"

Season 2 Preview Images!The CW has finally released some images from the first three episodes of Reaper Season Two!
Here they are:
Season Premiere: "A New Hope"
Episode #2-2: "Dirty Sexy Mongol"
Episode #2-3: "The Sweet Science"

Update From Tyler Labine On Season 2...
Tyler Labine
(Sock) just posted the following update to the Reaper Facebook page:
"Okay. Wowee. We just finished shooting season 2. I personally think we've out done ourselves. There are some of the funniest things I've ever put on film in my entire career in this season. I am very proud of our lil' engine that could show over here. Looks like you've all clued in to the premiere date by now so all thats left to do is tell every single person you know to watch. We are on the "buuble" for a season 3 already so viewers are what we need. I was talking to Tara Butters at our wrap party the other night and she told me that we have a better chance of getting picked up for season 3 than we did for season 2. Good news. She probably didn't want me to tell everyone that but I can''t help it. There was also a rep from ABC studios there who was emphatic about how much they love what they've seen this year. It's all good shtuff. Anyways, all that aside, I'm just glad we have a new season to share with all of you. I'm pretty sure Reaper fans are the best fans out there, so, Thanks for everything guys and gals. I'll be in touch more frequently now as I unemployed for the time being. Ahhhh sweet unemployment. Gotta go, I have a lot of Family guy to watch. Bye for now. TY."

Thanks to http://www.reapersite.com/ for this info.
Vudu Credits available. Contact me for whats currently available.

Last edited by pmac; 02-12-2009 at 07:55 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:49 PM   #16
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2008
Canada

This show had me at episode 1 season 1.

I was laughing so hard at Sock I had tears in my eyes.

It was just one of those moments you either get or don't and I couldn't control my laughter. The wife was exactly the same. We have nbeen waiting forever for the second season and are really happy it is finally due.
Vudu Credits available. Contact me for whats currently available.

Last edited by pmac; 02-12-2009 at 07:55 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:53 PM   #17
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2007
AZ

Love this show

Can't wait for season 2.

Time is the School in Which We Learn
Time is the Fire in Which We Burn

Delmore Schwartz (1913-1966)
Old 02-14-2009, 03:58 AM   #18

Oct 2008
Central Jersey

LOVE THIS SHOW... the love interest in the show Missy Somethingoranother is so freaking hot she is the reason i was Stick It on Blu
Sharp 46" Aquos 46D64 Calibrated
Sony PS3 80Gig MGS4 Package
Sony DAV-HDX265 HT in a BOX (Want to Sell)
Def Tech BP6B (not hooked up)
PS3 Games-5
Blu-Rays-33 And building everyday
Old 02-18-2009, 12:52 PM   #19
Banned

May 2007
Brussels, Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by allen94 View Post
I love this show. It's one of my favorite all time tv show. Season 1 was awesome. Can't wait for season 2.

I re-watched episodes of season 1 on tv episodes online.
Same here. I loved the first season, the actor that plays the devil has just the face and talent for it. Perhaps they should make him a tad more cruel and funny at the same time.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:46 PM   #20

Jul 2008
Charlotte, NC

I can't wait for this! In all honesty, Reaper probably won't receive much advertising nor gain any extra viewers, but I plan on enjoying this ride as long as it lasts. It's the perfect mix of drama and comedy--it reminds me of how Buffy was able to pull it off so well. This is pretty much a male version of the show I think. The show really started to gel at the end of season one, so even if it's canceled after season 2, I'll still be happy to see as many episodes as I can.
Gary
My Facebook Page

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies