COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dexter: The Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Poirot: The Complete Cases Collection (Blu-ray)
$198.49
Orange Is the New Black: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Draft Day (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.24
Sleepaway Camp (Blu-ray)
$15.99
Eternal Damn Nation (Blu-ray)
$15.25
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Ray Donovan: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.49
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$91.99
Cold in July (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Slumber Party Massacre (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Titanic 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.49
The Wind Will Carry Us (Blu-ray)
$19.49
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation: The Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
$34.33
Afflicted (Blu-ray)
$12.49
Evilspeak (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Old 08-17-2008, 05:23 PM   #1
blufreak blufreak is offline
Member
 
blufreak's Avatar
 
Aug 2008
Columbus, Ohio
1
Default Planet Terror

I also want to c this badly on blu and not together with Death Proof because even though I am the biggest Quentin Tarantino fan I did not like this one
blufreak AKA Donnie Epling
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 05:39 PM   #2
xander xander is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
xander's Avatar
 
May 2008
Just Outside of the Alliance's Reach
356
4
3
Default

I want everything on Blu eventually, so dont take this as "I don't think it should be".

That said, I LOVE Planet Terror and dont think it will benefit from going Blu. It's charm in part is that it looks so bad. I watch this one on my Oppo all the time and it's perfect. Blu will/may make it look better, but I would argue I dont want it to in this case.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 06:27 PM   #3
ArieS ArieS is offline
Special Member
 
ArieS's Avatar
 
May 2008
Socal
205
33
Default

It's not just about PQ.
I bet the movie would rock in lossless sound.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 07:21 PM   #4
b-coli b-coli is offline
Member
 
b-coli's Avatar
 
Apr 2007
seattle
158
148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blufreak View Post
I also want to c this badly on blu and not together with Death Proof because even though I am the biggest Quentin Tarantino fan I did not like this one
i agree, death proof was pure crap!!!! could care less if they release it in ANY other format. but i would like to see plaet terror on blu just for lossless and hopefully trailers that were not included on the dvd releases.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 07:29 PM   #5
obiwopkenobi62 obiwopkenobi62 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
obiwopkenobi62's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
Deatsville, Al
510
1084
62
2
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-coli View Post
i agree, death proof was pure crap!!!! could care less if they release it in ANY other format. but i would like to see plaet terror on blu just for lossless and hopefully trailers that were not included on the dvd releases.
I would like to see Grindhouse on Blu just the way it was in the theater with all the fake movie trailers and such.
Sorry if this may sound nitpicky but it's "I couldn't care less" not "I could care less". It's like nails on a chalkboard when I hear people say "I could care less" even though I couldn't hear it here.
Think of it like if you were so happy and you told someone "I couldn't be happier"
Home Theater...
Mits WD-65638 65" 1080p DLP 3D HDTV w/3D Starter Kit, DirectTV HD 5 tuner DVR w/ 1TB HD, Onkyo TX-SR508 7.1 3D Rcvr, Sony BDP-S470 3D BR player, PS3 slim 160g, Xbox360 Elite w/Kinect, Wii, Surround: Polk Mon 50's, 30's, Center & Sub, Harmony One, Apple MacMini HTPC,
My Star Wars Room"The Outer Rim" http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gal...&folderid=2438
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 07:41 PM   #6
Headphone Czar Headphone Czar is offline
Active Member
 
May 2008
San Jose, CA
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-coli View Post
i agree, death proof was pure crap!!!! could care less if they release it in ANY other format. but i would like to see plaet terror on blu just for lossless and hopefully trailers that were not included on the dvd releases.
Death proof owned Planet terror.. But with todays instant gratification crowd I could see why a lot thought it sucked.. Yeah, it was too slow.. & Titanic sucked too.. They actually tried to include a story & not just the sinking of the ship..
Reference gaming headphone & headset guide on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Refere...88754404494101
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 09:18 PM   #7
DetroitSportsFan DetroitSportsFan is offline
Hot Deals Moderator
 
DetroitSportsFan's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Detroit, MI
1231
6
37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander View Post
That said, I LOVE Planet Terror and dont think it will benefit from going Blu. It's charm in part is that it looks so bad. I watch this one on my Oppo all the time and it's perfect. Blu will/may make it look better, but I would argue I dont want it to in this case.
Grindhouse would be great for Blu-Ray because you could fit the entire theatrical experience (both films and all trailers) on one disc. Not to mention the upgrades in picture and audio.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 10:56 PM   #8
tarik tarik is offline
Active Member
 
Mar 2008
Darlington/UK
79
Default

so am i right in thinking that grindhouse is death proof, planet terror and all the fake movie trailers all in one? iv never truely understood it all.
PSN - icemantaz
Blu Ray - 69
PS3 Games - 10
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 11:00 PM   #9
times times is offline
Junior Member
 
Mar 2008
Default

wotchoo talkn bout willis,deathproof was awesome. ive got both 720p hdtv rip.its MINT
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 11:11 PM   #10
xander xander is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
xander's Avatar
 
May 2008
Just Outside of the Alliance's Reach
356
4
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitSportsFan View Post
Grindhouse would be great for Blu-Ray because you could fit the entire theatrical experience (both films and all trailers) on one disc. Not to mention the upgrades in picture and audio.

This is true. I think I got caught up in the PQ aspect of it in my initial post. It would be nice to run it like that (although I wasnt nearly as high on Death Proof). Finally getting a release of the other faux trailers would be ideal.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 11:53 PM   #11
Zyclone Zyclone is offline
Moderator
 
Zyclone's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow
3
304
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headphone Czar View Post
Death proof owned Planet terror.. But with todays instant gratification crowd I could see why a lot thought it sucked.. Yeah, it was too slow.. & Titanic sucked too.. They actually tried to include a story & not just the sinking of the ship..
i don't have a problem with a movie being slow if something is happening that is still interesting a bunch of girls standing around talking like QT is not very interesting while titanic did have a engaging and interesting story.
47 inch 1080p LG LCD - DMP BDT 300 GN
27 inch 720p Samsung LCD - Samsung Bluray Player
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 12:07 AM   #12
RCO RCO is online now
Active Member
 
RCO's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
Lakewood, CO
447
51
3
Default

I LOVED Stuntman Mike's foot fetish!!
Sony Bravia KDL-46HX729
Sony BDP-S570
Sony STR-DH-810
Sony-Center/Rear
Bose Bookshelf-Front

My BD Collection - 426
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 12:10 AM   #13
Jimmy Smith Jimmy Smith is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
May 2008
17
Default

Heres a movie with picture that would benefit nothing from high definition except possibly making its shitty look even worse

Sound might be good though
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 12:38 AM   #14
Spankey Spankey is offline
Power Member
 
Spankey's Avatar
 
Oct 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Smith View Post
Heres a movie with picture that would benefit nothing from high definition except possibly making its shitty look even worse

Sound might be good though
Then I guess you haven't seen it in HD. Looked amazing on Starz.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 12:51 AM   #15
GGX GGX is offline
Banned
 
GGX's Avatar
 
Oct 2006
Kentwood, Michigan
262
2
Send a message via Yahoo to GGX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander View Post
I want everything on Blu eventually, so dont take this as "I don't think it should be".

That said, I LOVE Planet Terror and dont think it will benefit from going Blu. It's charm in part is that it looks so bad. I watch this one on my Oppo all the time and it's perfect. Blu will/may make it look better, but I would argue I dont want it to in this case.
Neither of the Grindhouse films were shot with 480i cameras. I'd rather have the films the way they were intended.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 03:52 AM   #16
PoLskA PoLskA is offline
Power Member
 
PoLskA's Avatar
 
Apr 2008
Livonia, MI
47
940
84
1
112
Default

im also a Death Proof fan... Stuntman Mike is awesome!
My For Sale Thread
<--Hayden Panettiere licking the Stanley Cup... not me... Lets Go RED WINGS!!!
Buying Blu since December 2007!
40" Sony Bravia 1080p LCD / 250GB PS3
60" Sharp Aquos 1080p LCD / 80GB PS3 / 500GB PS4
865 Blu-ray movies / 228 Iron/Metal/Steel movies / 51 Digi movies
22 PS3 / 1 PS4 games / 76 DVD movies / 22 PS2 / 20 PSX Games
My Blu-ray Collection / RIP: DVDSpot (10/15/08)
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 04:19 AM   #17
Nate Nate is offline
Junior Member
 
Nate's Avatar
 
May 2008
Ohio
7
Send a message via AIM to Nate
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by times View Post
wotchoo talkn bout willis,deathproof was awesome. ive got both 720p hdtv rip.its MINT
yes. Death Proof owned Planet Terror.

Saying that Planet Terror was better than Death Proof is like saying Spy Kids was better than Pulp Fiction.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 05:43 AM   #18
diamondfoxxx diamondfoxxx is offline
Senior Member
 
Jan 2008
San Francisco
45
36
Send a message via AIM to diamondfoxxx
Default

The Grindhouse theatrical version was released in a beautiful 6-disc DVD in Japan months ago--including the standalone versions of both 'Death Proof' and 'Planet Terror'; but even the DVD wasn't released in the US.
So what are the chances of a Blu-ray of the theatrical version of Grindhouse?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 06:04 AM   #19
Matt W Matt W is offline
Junior Member
 
Jul 2008
Mt. Pleasant, TX
1
Default

About the same chance that we'll get "The Whole Bloody Affair" for Kill Bill in this decade...
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 06:11 PM   #20
indiephantom indiephantom is offline
Active Member
 
indiephantom's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
14
Default

DEATH PROOF is the reason to see GRINDHOUSE.

The theatrical version needs to be on BD.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
planet terror Blu-ray Movies - North America ROB T 14 01-29-2009 04:24 PM
I would love to see PLANET TERROR. Wish Lists marian75 6 07-08-2008 02:19 PM
Planet Terror Question. Newbie Discussion sub-micron 2 10-23-2007 01:10 AM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:15 AM.