Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Willow (Blu-ray)
$11.12
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Attack on Titan Part 2 Limited Edition (Blu-ray)
$51.79
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Hellsing Ultimate: Collection Volumes 5-8 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.97
White Christmas (Blu-ray)
$18.69
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$172.59
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.93
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Wrong Turn Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$17.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 08-22-2008, 02:34 AM   #1

Mar 2008
Default Starting Patton (Play)

Has anyone figured out how to start the movie without the introduction by Francis Ford Coppola playing first? No matter what I do...even going to scene selection...the intro always plays. There is no provision to turn it off in the Special Features menu...only the commentary. I think this is a screw up on the disc. It's very annoying and I would like to shoot the imbecile that set it up this way.

There's also a preview that you must use the "Next Track" button to get past or else you're forced to watch it before anything else. I can't understand why these production companies can't get their act together. Morons one and all. The world is full of stupid people...they're everywhere...and they don't even know that they're dumb!
Old 08-22-2008, 05:12 AM   #2

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapser View Post
Has anyone figured out how to start the movie without the introduction by Francis Ford Coppola playing first? No matter what I do...even going to scene selection...the intro always plays. There is no provision to turn it off in the Special Features menu...only the commentary. I think this is a screw up on the disc. It's very annoying and I would like to shoot the imbecile that set it up this way.

There's also a preview that you must use the "Next Track" button to get past or else you're forced to watch it before anything else. I can't understand why these production companies can't get their act together. Morons one and all. The world is full of stupid people...they're everywhere...and they don't even know that they're dumb!
It's not a screw up, it's simply a "forced intro" like the FBI warning or a forced trailer. If it really bothers you, you can start with chapter 2 from the scene selection and then chapter skip back to 1.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:24 PM   #3

Mar 2008

Yes I understand...it would just be nice if these DVD's were set up so they have the same protocol. The whole point of buying the thing is to watch the movie, not all the other crap. If I want to watch previews or intros or whatever, they should all be in the special features where I can go if I want. When I hit the "Play" button, it should mean "Play the damn movie", not what the production company wants it to mean.

What leads me to think this is a screw up is the fact that the intro is in the Special Features section. So why is it playing at the beginning of the movie? At the very least, I should be able to turn it off just like the commentary.

I know it's a little thing but sometimes it's the little things that ruin the overall experience.

One more thing...these discs should be what they were originally intended to be...movies...not marketing ploys. We as consumers should not have take this sort of manipulation and then make excuses for ourselves why we should accept it. The next thing you know, the discs will start coming out preloaded with commercials which is one of the major reasons why we buy the discs in the first place...to avoid them and see the movie as it was originally released without interruption.

Last edited by scrapser; 08-22-2008 at 01:29 PM.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:28 PM   #4
Banned

Jan 2008
Houston, TX
Send a message via AIM to arush5268d Send a message via Yahoo to arush5268d

Well I've never heard anybody else complain.

It's not that hard to fast forward - or do the other suggestion and go to chapter 2.

That introduction is a famous part of the movie - and is in the special features so that someone could watch just that.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:58 PM   #5
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2008
The Swan Station aDdIcTeD 2 LOST PSN:U5MC51473
Send a message via AIM to sfmarine Send a message via MSN to sfmarine Send a message via Skype™ to sfmarine

I do agree that there should be an option to play with coppola's intro...someone made a mistake I just hit the FF button.
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!" -- President Merkin Muffley/Dr. Strangelove

55" VIZIO 3D Razor LED M3D550KD
Onkyo TX-NR616 7.2/ Pioneer Center SP-C21
Panasonic DMP-BDT210 3D Blu-ray ~ LG BD 370~ PS3 ~ FAT
DIRECTV HR34 Genie
Old 12-05-2011, 12:55 PM   #6
Expert Member

Mar 2010
Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapser View Post
I agree. I hate to be forced to watch.

But don't call them stupid. It's marketing.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America