COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Cold in July (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Transformers: Age of Extinction 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: The Complete Season 8 (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Sons of Anarchy: Season Six (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Foreign Correspondent (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Jules and Jim (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Love Streams (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Insomnia (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
WWE: The Best of RAW 2010 (Blu-ray)
$15.98
Earth to Echo (Blu-ray)
$22.99
WWE: Best Pay-Per-View Matches 2011 (Blu-ray)
$11.48
Monsieur Verdoux (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Machine Gun Preacher (Blu-ray)
$12.93
The Musketeers: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 08-25-2008, 03:23 PM   #1
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2008
Winnipeg, Canada
Default Spider-Man 4 Villains?

(Never found a thread, but this deserves one) So, Spider-Man 4 was pushed back from summer 2010 to summer 2011 (with villains limited to 2, thank god!). Who do you want to see? (Remember, Sony is making up to Spidey 6). They can still fix this franchise... hopefully.

I think each film should start to get a little darker, starting with Vulture and Electro for Spider-Man 4, with Connors obsessed over his work with lizards (and the piece of the symbiote) too much that he can't help Parker out. Sir Ben Kingsley was even interviewed for the Vulture role before he was replaced by Venom in the last one. (and let's face it, Kingsley isn't getting any younger lol)

Spider-Man 5 should then have the Lizard and someone else, like Kraven (with the Lizard destroying his own lab so the symbiote escapes).

Lastly, I think Spider-Man 6 should then end with Carnage and Scorpion. Ending with a symbiote powered serial killer and a villain designed only to take down Spidey would be awesome.

Last edited by Blu-Curry; 08-25-2008 at 04:04 PM.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:28 PM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2007
Appleton, WI

The villian should be emo-haircuts.
Reality is a commodity
Old 08-25-2008, 03:31 PM   #3
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2008
Wrestling in Ireland. PSNetwork: Nerdkiller316PSN Nerds beaten up: Loads
Send a message via MSN to Nerdkiller likes BD Send a message via Skype™ to Nerdkiller likes BD

I don't think they should really include The Lizard in Spidey altogether. I'm not really sure how they would pull that one off.
"GIT OUTTA MY OFFICE!" -Matt Groening

My stance on Anime...I just can't understand any of it, everyone is either a 10 year old girl or a monster.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:32 PM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2008
Winnipeg, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS316SRV View Post
The villian should be emo-haircuts.
HAHAHA!
Old 08-25-2008, 03:38 PM   #5

Jan 2008

Molten Man
Tarantula
Old 08-25-2008, 03:46 PM   #6
Power Member

Mar 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba

I want to see the Lizard as well, it makes sense considering Connors has the symbiote. I fee; they should only do one villian and hint to the next one (possible Carnage), biggest problem with the third was too much going on.
Read comics! Watch Movies! Experience Music!
Enjoy Life!

Pop-Punk will never die!!!
Old 08-25-2008, 03:52 PM   #7
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2008
Winnipeg, Canada

Ya, especially the third one. The New Goblin was pretty much handled well, but the Sandman story didn't end too well. His reasoning for killing Uncle Ben was like, "So what!" for me. Venom will always be my favourite villian and I was very disappointed on how they handled him. I was also looking forward to Jameson's son crash landing the space shuttle with the symbiote on Earth.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:55 PM   #8
Expert Member

Feb 2008
Ohio

I liked the idea I read somewhere to have Kraven and the Lizard. We've had enough Dr. Connors appearances to include him now. He could do his little experiment and become the Lizard. While Spidey tries to help/stop him, Kraven is hired to bring the Lizard in and runs into conflict with the webhead. Or Kraven could view Spidey and the Lizard as his ultimate big game prizes.

I definitely think Venom could return in some form with Doc Connors having that sample in his possession. I like the idea of it getting loose when the Lizard trashes the lab, it could lead into a 5th movie by teasing a new villain like they did in Batman Begins and Spiderman 2. I like the idea of Venom/Carnage and Scorpion together, and perhaps having them merge into one really powerful foe.

Beyond any villains though, I REALLY want to see them include the Black Cat. As long as they get the right actress.
TV: SONY 40" XBR4
Blu-ray: 160GB PS3
PSN ID: BluJacket
Old 08-25-2008, 04:03 PM   #9

Nov 2007
Somewhere between here and there

Why not the Kingpin? I would even get Michael Clark Duncan to play him again.
Mitshbishi 60" 1080p DLP
Playstation 3 40gig
Infinity Interlude Series 5.1 setup
Onkyo DR-C500 Receiver

LG 42LH40 42" 1080p LCD
Panasonic DMP-BD60
Old 08-25-2008, 04:16 PM   #10
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2008
Winnipeg, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memnoch71 View Post
I don't think they should repeat Kingpin because he was already in Daredevil. He's too much of a mob villain... but in the future, if they reboot Spider-Man like how they did with Batman Begins (with the mob feel) then I think it would work. Kinda like the Spectacular Spider-Man series with the "Big Man" (supposedly Tombstone) and Hammer Head.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:23 PM   #11
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2008
Savannah GA

They need to work carnage in somewhere with Venom.
Movies that need to go Blu. The Ref, Open Range, Life As A House, Great Outdoors, True Lies, Joe Dirt, Maximum Overdrive, Pool Hall Junkies, Brain Candy.

T.V. shows that need to go Blu Man Vs. Wild, Survivor Man, Dirty Jobs, NHL Winter Classic 2009.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:25 PM   #12

Nov 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Curry View Post
(Never found a thread, but this deserves one) So, Spider-Man 4 was pushed back from summer 2010 to summer 2011 (with villains limited to 2, thank god!). Who do you want to see? (Remember, Sony is making up to Spidey 6). They can still fix this franchise... hopefully.

I think each film should start to get a little darker, starting with Vulture and Electro for Spider-Man 4, with Connors obsessed over his work with lizards (and the piece of the symbiote) too much that he can't help Parker out. Sir Ben Kingsley was even interviewed for the Vulture role before he was replaced by Venom in the last one. (and let's face it, Kingsley isn't getting any younger lol)

Spider-Man 5 should then have the Lizard and someone else, like Kraven (with the Lizard destroying his own lab so the symbiote escapes).

Lastly, I think Spider-Man 6 should then end with Carnage and Scorpion. Ending with a symbiote powered serial killer and a villain designed only to take down Spidey would be awesome.
Nice.

Quote:
Ya, especially the third one. The New Goblin was pretty much handled well, but the Sandman story didn't end too well. His reasoning for killing Uncle Ben was like, "So what!" for me. Venom will always be my favourite villian and I was very disappointed on how they handled him. I was also looking forward to Jameson's son crash landing the space shuttle with the symbiote on Earth.
Now that is cool, why didn't they do that in Spidey 3 instead of a comet hitting Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Jacket View Post
I liked the idea I read somewhere to have Kraven and the Lizard. We've had enough Dr. Connors appearances to include him now. He could do his little experiment and become the Lizard. While Spidey tries to help/stop him, Kraven is hired to bring the Lizard in and runs into conflict with the webhead. Or Kraven could view Spidey and the Lizard as his ultimate big game prizes.

I definitely think Venom could return in some form with Doc Connors having that sample in his possession. I like the idea of it getting loose when the Lizard trashes the lab, it could lead into a 5th movie by teasing a new villain like they did in Batman Begins and Spiderman 2. I like the idea of Venom/Carnage and Scorpion together, and perhaps having them merge into one really powerful foe.

Beyond any villains though, I REALLY want to see them include the Black Cat. As long as they get the right actress.
Interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memnoch71 View Post
I don't know about that one.
How I like my Blu-rays: 1.78:1 ratio or go home!

Movies I cannot wait for: 127 Hours, Tron Legacy, Thor, Captain America
Old 08-25-2008, 04:33 PM   #13
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2008
Winnipeg, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUDGEMENT 4400 View Post
Now that is cool, why didn't they do that in Spidey 3 instead of a comet hitting Earth
I have NO idea! I was seriously thinking they would do that, it worked very well in the Spider-Man animated series. Eddie Brock then went to the scene for photos and makes it seem Spidey is at fault (stealing or injuring Jameson's son or something ).

I was thinking that in the movie Spidey would try to stop the shuttle similiar to how he stopped the monorail in Spidey 2. Except it would have been too much for him and unknowingly the symbiote would take over him, giving him enough power to stop the shuttle. (Though this isn't very realistic. A: it would have been too hot for Spidey and B: the symbiote is weak against heat.)
Old 08-25-2008, 04:36 PM   #14
Special Member

Jun 2007

Quote:

Not really any input on bad-guys. But how many franchises have you seen "saved" by parts 4-6??
Old 08-25-2008, 04:44 PM   #15
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2008
Winnipeg, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
Not really any input on bad-guys. But how many franchises have you seen "saved" by parts 4-6??
lol Terminator might be the first, this is the era i've been waiting for! Although I love the Star Wars prequel trilogy. (Yes, i even LIKE Ep.2)

Last edited by Blu-Curry; 08-25-2008 at 04:50 PM.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:47 PM   #16
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2007
Miami, FL
Send a message via AIM to JJ Send a message via Yahoo to JJ Send a message via Skype™ to JJ

Carnage + Doppleganger.
- Orbis non Sufficit
================

Sonus Faber Venere - Epik Empire
Panasonic 65ZT60 - Emotiva XPA-3
Pioneer Elite VSX-03 - Pioneer Elite DV-48 - Sony S790
Old 08-25-2008, 05:12 PM   #17
Expert Member

Feb 2008

i too liked the cartoon series and thought it could be a bigger source of material.

i thought that was the natural choice- do the shuttle thing since they introduced him as a pilot in part 2.

As far as connors, i think they put him in each of the movies that he deserves a shot at it, and it is well known and would be great on screen. But, I dont like the actor they have been using- a little too old.

I like the concept of Sinister 6, and using Kingpin as a puppetmaster. I dont really think MCD in Daredevil matters- not enough of the mainstream public saw that film to even know about it. So, wouldnt feel like double dipping.

I dont think any of those guys, while great characters, are strong enough to carry a film- Vulture, Mysterio, Scorpion, Rhino, Electro, or Shocker. But as a group could be ridiculous and be a carry over several films.

If they would have done part 3 right, I think the whole Venom / Carnage could be the best story arc. But at this point it would feel like a re-hash or lack of ideas.

And, I read alot of the posts above alluding to the connors being in control of the symbiote and how that translates to being the lizard. They arent connected. I know someone said him freaking out and destroying the lab and let the symbiote go accidentally- that could happen.

I do like the whole Kraven coming to hunt Spiderman, and when he shows up the lizard is on the loose, very similar to cartoon and the backstory.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:21 PM   #18
Special Member

Jan 2008
Bodymore, MD

They shouldn't be making this movie, or 5 or 6. Spiderman 3 was one of the worst large-budget movies I've ever seen. If someone gave me the Blu Ray for free I'd probably sell it on EBay (not bashing PQ/AQ - it is nice).

How long does it take Spiderman to screw in a lightbulb?
He doesn't, he likes to sit in the dark and carve his arms.

Go emo, or go home!
We go together like cocaine and waffles.

PSN: Ngkf7
Let's play - just let me know that you're from this site!

Currently playing: Killzone: Mercenary, Killzone SF, Knack, BF4, Rayman Legends, Fez
Trophies: 4694; Level 24
All played/watched on my Panasonic 50VT25 or my PS Vita
Old 08-25-2008, 05:41 PM   #19
Special Member

Sep 2007

I think the storyline for '4' could be real simple. Dr. Connors becomes The Lizard. Kraven learns of a "huge lizard" stalking the streets of NYC and he's eager to be the one to capture it. He comes to NYC to do so and a conflict ensues with all three of them.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:11 PM   #20
Expert Member

Aug 2007

How about Rhino? He would make some sweet fight scenes
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies