COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$129.99
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$38.99
My Week with Marilyn (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Man of Steel Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Man of Steel Exclusive Action Figure Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Freezing: Anime Classics Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$25.78
Mr. Peabody & Sherman 3D (Blu-ray)
$30.98
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Noah (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Labor Day (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Samurai Bride: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Les Misérables (Blu-ray)
$6.99
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Blu-ray)
$11.99
House of Bodies (Blu-ray)
$13.48
Kill Bill: 1 & 2 Double Feature (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Resident Evil Collection (Blu-ray)
$37.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$22.99
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Marvel Bundle (Blu-ray)
$64.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Rate the movie (After You've Seen It!)
One Star 15 28.30%
Two Stars 9 16.98%
Three Stars 13 24.53%
Four Stars 13 24.53%
Five Stars 3 5.66%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-20-2009, 01:17 PM   #41
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2007
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARSCREAM View Post
Just curious, any of you who really like the first one familiar with the comics?
I liked it and have most of the comics in my closet. But I think it has more to do with actually seeing Ghost Rider on screen than thinking it was a great adaptation. They did an amazing job with his "look". Now they need to get to work on an amazing script. Hopefully a hard R script.
Now the real pain begins, Danny-boy.

My Theater/Media Room.................................................. ............My Media Wall Cabinet(How To/DIY)
Old 02-20-2009, 01:55 PM   #42
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008

I can't wait to see it. I like the 1st one and Nicolas Cage is my man. Bring it on.
I'll go to the theater and buy the BD on day 1.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:11 PM   #43
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2008

Ghost Rider was pretty much a PS2 game. I mean, you had graphics like a PS2, there were boss fights (literally), and long CGI sequences. I remember laughing so hard until I nearly puked up my guts when Nick Cage went through the initial transformation into Ghost Rider. He sold that shit a little TOO well. I'm a pretty big Ghost Rider fan too. I was definitely let down at how horrific the movie was.
Big Tits Zombie

-Action

No synopsis for Big Tits Zombie.

(don't think it needs one, fellas. Pretty self explanatory.)
Old 02-20-2009, 02:16 PM   #44
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008

Ghost Rider 2: The Return of the Pointer Finger......
....and so says the Meeklo
Old 02-20-2009, 02:19 PM   #45
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2007
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCT View Post
Ghost Rider was pretty much a PS2 game. I mean, you had graphics like a PS2, there were boss fights (literally), and long CGI sequences. I remember laughing so hard until I nearly puked up my guts when Nick Cage went through the initial transformation into Ghost Rider. He sold that shit a little TOO well. I'm a pretty big Ghost Rider fan too. I was definitely let down at how horrific the movie was.
I kept waiting to hear "OH, NO! NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES! AAAAAHHHHH! OH, THEY'RE IN MY EYES! MY EYES! AAAAHHHHH! AAAAAGGHHH!".
Now the real pain begins, Danny-boy.

My Theater/Media Room.................................................. ............My Media Wall Cabinet(How To/DIY)
Old 02-20-2009, 03:57 PM   #46
Special Member

Jan 2009
Atlantic Canada

The first one was no Iron Man ,but I enjoyed it.
Sony 52XBR9
Sony XBR52HX909
DENON AVR-2808CI with PARADIGM speakers(7.1)
Sony HT-CT350 home Theatre System
Sony BDPS470
PS3
Old 02-20-2009, 04:31 PM   #47

Oct 2008

The first one was enjoyable to me. It may not have been the best movie with a comic book character but it is, by no means, the worst. I wouldn't mind seeing a second movie as long as they do it right.

I still haven't seen the Punisher: War Zone movie because I heard mixed reaction on it. Don't know if it's worth picking up on Blu-ray. This is an example of a second movie that is iffy to me where I did enjoy the first.

The most non-related movie that claimed to be a comic book movie is Halle Berry's Catwoman. This thing had nothing to do with anything remotely in the Batman universe.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:39 PM   #48
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdn1221 View Post
I still haven't seen the Punisher: War Zone movie because I heard mixed reaction on it. Don't know if it's worth picking up on Blu-ray. This is an example of a second movie that is iffy to me where I did enjoy the first.
I recommend waiting for the price to drop to at most $10
....and so says the Meeklo
Old 07-14-2009, 11:53 PM   #49

Aug 2007
Default Nicolas Cage Wants To ‘Do A Reconceive’ For ‘Ghost Rider 2’

Quote:
Last we heard from the “Ghost Rider 2” camp, Sony and the star of the 2007 film, Nicolas Cage, were still looking for a writer and director to helm the sequel. A well-known comic book fan, Cage hasn’t been shy about sharing his thoughts on where the studio should go for the sequel and his plans to reprise his role as Johnny blaze, the human side of the Spirit of Vengeance.

While discussing his role in the upcoming CGI/live-action family film “G-Force” (Cage will voice one of the movie’s guineau pig heroes), the actor told MTV News that he’s looking less toward “sequel” and more toward “reboot” for the next “Ghost Rider” film.

“I would like to do a reconceive,” Cage told MTV News. “I would like to go in a whole other direction, and I think that’s what they’re talking about.”

According to Cage, he’s still leaning toward a “Ghost Rider” movie that brings the skull-faced Marvel Comics hero to Europe for a team-up with Catholic Church. Oh, and there will be significantly fewer galloping horses and six-shooters in the follow-up film.

“I would make it much less of a Western and more of an international story,” said Cage of the direction he’d take the character for the next film.

What do you think of Cage’s comments about the next “Ghost Rider” movie? Think they should do a straight sequel? A reconceive? Sound off!
I Like the Way You Move!

"This is the story of the GreenScar, The Eye Of Anger, The World Breaker, Harkanon, Haarg, Holku, HULK, and how he finally came home." May the Sakaarson show mercy on your soul!
Old 07-15-2009, 12:15 AM   #50
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Redmond, WA

I know I'm one of the few who actually enjoyed the first movie. As for the direction of the second movie as long as it is entertaining I won't have much of a problem with it.
Launch PS3 60GB, Launch PS3 Slim 120GB, Launch PS4
Family Room: (TV) Samsung LNT5271; (Receiver) Pioneer Elite VSX-92TXH; (Speakers) Definitive Technology ProCinema 60 5.1 System
New HT Room: (Projector) JVC RS45; (Receiver) Pioneer Elite SC-35; (Front Speakers) Monitor Audio RX6; (Center) RX Centre; (Side Surround Speakers) Monitor Audio RXFX; (Back Speakers) PSB Image B4 Compact Bookshelf; (Subwoofer) SVS PB12-Plus
GO PURPLE...BE GOLD!
Old 07-15-2009, 12:17 AM   #51

Apr 2009

I enjoyed the first one ok, it was a blind buy for me. Wish they could get somebody other than cage.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:20 AM   #52
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdn1221 View Post
It's entertaining and Ray Stevenson makes a good Punisher. You should rent it first.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:35 AM   #53
Blu-ray Baron

May 2007
Send a message via AIM to Lord_Stewie
Default Nicolas Cage on Ghostrider 2

Hey,

Nicolas talks about what he wants to see happening on 2nd installments (if it happens) The Ghostrider.

Here is the link:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/gh...ws.php?id=8509
Victory Is Mine

Don't even think about it
Obey the Topus!
PSN ID: Shadblz
OBEY ME OR I WILL PUT YOU ON DIAPER DETAIL
THE CLINTS CHARTER MEMBER 01/06/10

Last edited by Lord_Stewie; 07-15-2009 at 12:56 AM. Reason: delete
Old 07-15-2009, 01:02 AM   #54
Power Member

Aug 2007
USA

Noooooooooooooooooo
Old 07-15-2009, 01:33 AM   #55
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2007
Sacramento, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrob View Post
Noooooooooooooooooo
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeees
JK
Eh, maybe they can make a decent one. If Eva Mendez is not in it and the bring the visual effects out of the 90s it could be entertaining enough.

I'm keeping an eye on it at least.
Wolverine: I'm the best at what I do.
Deadpool: And now I'm better at doing whatever it is Wolverine does!

"In my youth I courted war." -Thor
Old 07-15-2009, 01:35 AM   #56
Super Moderator

Jul 2007
Edo, Land of the Samurai

How about someone other than good old boring NC as the Ghostrider?
Old 07-15-2009, 04:09 AM   #57
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2008
The Grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARSCREAM View Post
Just curious, any of you who really like the first one familiar with the comics?
I'm not, and the film was still extremelhy bad (though it did make me able to enjoy fantastic four more as F4 was comparativly good).
Old 07-15-2009, 04:19 AM   #58
Blu-ray Baron

May 2007

Another Ghostrider. honestly, they need to kill this project off. I have a problem with Mark Steven Johnson the moment he directed Daredevil. He tends to put great films potentially down the drain.

He did so with daredevil.
Victory Is Mine

Obey the Topus!
Old 07-15-2009, 04:38 AM   #59

Aug 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadblz View Post
Another Ghostrider. honestly, they need to kill this project off. I have a problem with Mark Steven Johnson the moment he directed Daredevil. He tends to put great films potentially down the drain.

He did so with daredevil.
I actually liked the Daredevil DC. I wonder if there was a lot left on the cutting room floor for Ghost Rider? Or how much the Studio controlled what we ended up seeing.
I Like the Way You Move!

"This is the story of the GreenScar, The Eye Of Anger, The World Breaker, Harkanon, Haarg, Holku, HULK, and how he finally came home." May the Sakaarson show mercy on your soul!
Old 07-15-2009, 04:57 AM   #60
Blu-ray Baron

May 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenScar View Post
I actually liked the Daredevil DC. I wonder if there was a lot left on the cutting room floor for Ghost Rider? Or how much the Studio controlled what we ended up seeing.
I don't know, but Ben Affleck as Daredevil. It was just terrible, he (Johnson) could have put any whiney kid to do Daredevil, and that kid would have done a terrific job than Affleck did.

I don't know about you, but I always thought that Josh Hartnett would pull the perfect character for Daredevil or even Matt Damon.
Victory Is Mine

Obey the Topus!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies