COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Inside Llewyn Davis (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Last Action Hero (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Oldboy (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Lilo & Stitch / Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch (Blu-ray)
$16.09
Sorcerer (Blu-ray)
$19.59
Pacific Rim (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Water Life: Planet Water (Blu-ray)
$9.95
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 Double Pack (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$189.99
The Legend of Billie Jean (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Jaws (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Mr. Peabody & Sherman (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Swimmer (Blu-ray)
$17.29
World War Z 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.18
The Big Chill (Blu-ray)
$27.59
House of Cards: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Protector 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Mr. Peabody & Sherman 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Old 09-15-2008, 05:02 PM   #1
ryanweinmann ryanweinmann is offline
Member
 
Nov 2007
Default spider-man 1 & 2

The first blu ray that I ever brought was spiderman 3. I was trying them out and see how much of difference is there and I Love it. Anyways, I was just wanted know where I can buy the first 2 by their self?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 05:05 PM   #2
MATTYBLU2 MATTYBLU2 is offline
Banned
 
MATTYBLU2's Avatar
 
Sep 2007
NH
60
21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanweinmann View Post
The first blu ray that I ever brought was spiderman 3. I was trying them out and see how much of difference is there and I Love it. Anyways, I was just wanted know where I can buy the first 2 by their self?

here on the trade boards, amazon, ebay, etc

just watched spidey 2.1 for the 1st time and loved the extra scenes and footage
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 05:06 PM   #3
bhampton bhampton is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
bhampton's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
1275
5
10
Default

Really,

I can't stand Spiderman 2.1. I seem to hate all the stuff they added to it.

I guess the fight scenes are supposed to be longer but there was some extra "comic relief" that I just couldn't sit through. I am careful to pick the Theatrical version now everytime.

-Brian
Blu Rays are Forever
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 05:08 PM   #4
bhampton bhampton is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
bhampton's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
1275
5
10
Default

I do believe the fist two films will get a release at some point.... but common practice here is to sell Spiderman 3 and buy the trilogy.

I also think that when Spiderman 1 and 2 get individual releases they will both be 2 disc sets like the current Spiderman 3 Blu Ray.

-Brian
Blu Rays are Forever
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 05:19 PM   #5
brett_day brett_day is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
brett_day's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
Moore, Oklahoma
18
45
1
1
Send a message via Yahoo to brett_day
Default

ebay will be ytour best bet, in the store right now you can only get spidey 1 and 2 as part of the trilogy!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 05:20 PM   #6
overdrive00 overdrive00 is offline
Member
 
Jan 2008
Dallas, Texas
Default

If you want the other two by themselves, you will have to get them from an individual. Either that, or sell #3 and get the trilogy...

I picked up the trilogy for $50 back when it came out, a similar deal should be available if you look hard enough.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 05:30 PM   #7
Rhoq Rhoq is offline
Expert Member
 
Rhoq's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
Philadelphia, PA
825
2
Send a message via AIM to Rhoq
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by overdrive00 View Post
If you want the other two by themselves, you will have to get them from an individual. Either that, or sell #3 and get the trilogy...

I picked up the trilogy for $50 back when it came out, a similar deal should be available if you look hard enough.
Best Buy had it on sale a few month ago for $39.99. It only cost me $19.99 with a $20 "Reward Zone" coupon.
Peace--->Rhoq

My BD Collection

PlayStation Network ID (PS4, PS3 and Vita) / Nintendo Network ID (Wii U): RhoqSolidEnt
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 05:34 PM   #8
MATTYBLU2 MATTYBLU2 is offline
Banned
 
MATTYBLU2's Avatar
 
Sep 2007
NH
60
21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhampton View Post
Really,

I can't stand Spiderman 2.1. I seem to hate all the stuff they added to it.

I guess the fight scenes are supposed to be longer but there was some extra "comic relief" that I just couldn't sit through. I am careful to pick the Theatrical version now everytime.

-Brian

yup! sorry but i enjoyed it. 2 each his own i guess
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 06:02 PM   #9
bhampton bhampton is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
bhampton's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
1275
5
10
Default

That's fine.

I'm glad you liked it.

I was also glad when I remembered I was going to get the 2.1 DVD when it was released but I skipped it. (I would have eventually sold that back for $2 like I do all the DVDs I replace with Blu Rays.)

It's certainly cool that both versions are there and you can choose with ease.
Blu Rays are Forever
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 06:12 PM   #10
metsfan1545d metsfan1545d is offline
Special Member
 
metsfan1545d's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
133
2
13
Default

buy the boxset at regular price and return spiderman 3 w/o a reciept too walmart
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 07:25 PM   #11
Kyo28 Kyo28 is offline
Power Member
 
Kyo28's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
446
12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhampton View Post
I do believe the fist two films will get a release at some point.... but common practice here is to sell Spiderman 3 and buy the trilogy.
That's what I did. I bought the trilogy box and am very happy with it.


I'll eventually sell my (free) single Spider-Man 3 copy.

Oh, as an added bonus, there's an extra disc with bonus material in the Spidey 3 movie in the box set which was not included in the single movie release of Spidey 3.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 08:10 PM   #12
LORDs_angellos LORDs_angellos is offline
Senior Member
 
LORDs_angellos's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
Florida
12
189
4
Send a message via Skype™ to LORDs_angellos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyo28 View Post
That's what I did. I bought the trilogy box and am very happy with it.


I'll eventually sell my (free) single Spider-Man 3 copy.

Oh, as an added bonus, there's an extra disc with bonus material in the Spidey 3 movie in the box set which was not included in the single movie release of Spidey 3.
Whoa, I have the trilogy and it doesn't look anything like that awesome box! How did you get that?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 08:22 PM   #13
Red Hood Red Hood is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Red Hood's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORDs_angellos View Post
Whoa, I have the trilogy and it doesn't look anything like that awesome box! How did you get that?
Seriously, I have a crappy slipcase with the 3 movies.


that has to be the 3rd version I've seen though. I saw a completely different bluray type case for the trilogy at target before. They all look better than what I have.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 08:26 PM   #14
LORDs_angellos LORDs_angellos is offline
Senior Member
 
LORDs_angellos's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
Florida
12
189
4
Send a message via Skype™ to LORDs_angellos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit View Post
Seriously, I have a crappy slipcase with the 3 movies.


that has to be the 3rd version I've seen though. I saw a completely different bluray type case for the trilogy at target before. They all look better than what I have.
It seems there's also a version of the trilogy with a cover that looks like mine but has the three BDs in individual cases. Lucky!!

Again, I MUST know where you got that amazing trilogy box Kyo28.



I got my copy used for just under $40 from a seller on Amazon, here's what it looks like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image200809150001.jpg (38.7 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg image200809150002.jpg (39.5 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by LORDs_angellos; 09-15-2008 at 08:37 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 08:37 PM   #15
overdrive00 overdrive00 is offline
Member
 
Jan 2008
Dallas, Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoq View Post
Best Buy had it on sale a few month ago for $39.99. It only cost me $19.99 with a $20 "Reward Zone" coupon.
Man, that is a good way to work it. Everytime I get my coupons I don't have a purchase that I need to make.....
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 08:41 PM   #16
Red Hood Red Hood is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Red Hood's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORDs_angellos View Post
It seems there's also a version of the trilogy with a cover that looks like mine but has the three BDs in individual cases. Lucky!!

Again, I MUST know where you got that amazing trilogy box Kyo28.



I got my copy used for just under $40 from a seller on Amazon, here's what it looks like.

That's the one I have the three individual cases with the slip sleeve. I rather have the one blu-ray case like you with all 3 inside. Trade?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 08:51 PM   #17
LORDs_angellos LORDs_angellos is offline
Senior Member
 
LORDs_angellos's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
Florida
12
189
4
Send a message via Skype™ to LORDs_angellos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit View Post
That's the one I have the three individual cases with the slip sleeve. I rather have the one blu-ray case like you with all 3 inside. Trade?
LOL actually, after looking at more pics of the slipcase version, I think I'll stick with my consolidated case. It seems like the one you have has a lot of wasted space in the packaging. If 1&2 were 2-disc releases I'd totally want the individual cases, but as it is I'm fine.

That is, unless I can find where I can get this baby.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:50 PM   #18
Kyo28 Kyo28 is offline
Power Member
 
Kyo28's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
446
12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORDs_angellos View Post
Whoa, I have the trilogy and it doesn't look anything like that awesome box! How did you get that?
It's the Japanese version. It's more expensive than the US box set, but I really wanted the movie with Japanese subtitles. The box is 'Spidey' blue and the Spider-Man face (red on one side, black suit spidey on the other side) slides off to reveal the three movie's cases. It's pretty awesome. I'll make some pictures. Quick caps with the webcam so quality isn't good but you get the idea:


And the covers of the individual movies in the box. This is what's in the box:



And this is the 3rd movie sold seperately, not included in the box of course (I got it for free with my PS3) :



As far as I know, this box is limited to Japan only.

If you want to buy it, they used to have it at Amazon JP but it's sold out now. Still, you can regularly find it on Yahoo Auction for about 9,800 Yen (regular retail was about 12,000 Yen). I bought mine for 10,000 Yen even.

Edit: correction, Amazon JP restocked so you can order if you want
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:55 PM   #19
Red Hood Red Hood is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Red Hood's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
33
Default

Man that is sweet. I will just stick with my 3 boxes that take up space though.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:15 PM   #20
LORDs_angellos LORDs_angellos is offline
Senior Member
 
LORDs_angellos's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
Florida
12
189
4
Send a message via Skype™ to LORDs_angellos
Default

Wow.. that's totaly awesome. Amazing slipcase and I love the Spider-Man 3 cover art. If only the US version was like that...

LOL Gambit, you can always sell your copy on Amazon or eBay and then get the consolidated version if you really hate your version.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
Spider-Man & Oceans question Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology Prasad 5 02-07-2008 08:54 PM
Spider-Man 1 & 2 Newbie Discussion PS3-Playb3yond 17 12-16-2007 05:03 PM
Spider-Man superbit vs Spider-Man blu-ray picture quality Blu-ray Movies - North America Porfie 6 11-07-2007 12:25 PM
Spider-Man 1 & 2 Re-Release? Blu-ray Movies - North America Blu 14 11-01-2007 10:22 PM
Spider-Man 1 & 2; Blu-ray only? Blu-ray Movies - North America Forresttheman 20 07-02-2007 06:28 PM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:57 PM.