Best Blu-ray Deals

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Treme: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$64.99
Guardians of the Galaxy 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Entourage: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$96.99
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Deadwood: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$58.99
Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$89.99
X-Men Collection (Blu-ray)
$60.58
Rise of the Guardians 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Big Hero 6 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Maze Runner (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3D (Blu-ray)
$69.99
Rocky: Heavyweight Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 8 (Blu-ray)
$25.89
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$39.00
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2008, 01:34 PM   #1
master_8ball master_8ball is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
master_8ball's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
Ontario, Canada
16
659
7
2
Default Tenacious D: The Complete Master Works 2



Tenacious D: The Complete Master Works 2 Blu-ray
Tenacious D: The Complete Master Works 2 Blu-ray Review

I just saw that Tenacious D: The Complete Master Works 2 is coming to blu this Novemember...
I'm a big fan of the band but haven't heard and can't find any info on this release.... Amazon states its a 2008 release and it does say 2, but could this be the first one just on BD?
Anyone have any more info on this title?

Last edited by Deciazulado; 01-27-2011 at 09:23 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:43 PM   #2
gem_n_webz gem_n_webz is offline
Active Member
 
gem_n_webz's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
Flint, Michigan
228
14
Default

i just did a search for it and everything pulls up the 2003 release on dvd. i hope this is a new release.
TV: 52" Samsung 650 1080p LCD
Blu-ray Player: LG Super Blu High Definition Multiplayer BH200
Home Theatre: Yamaha YHT-160
DVD Player: RCA DRC290 Upconverting 5-Disc
BD's: 232
HD-DVD's: 108
S-DVD's: 347
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:49 PM   #3
visual0ne visual0ne is offline
Active Member
 
visual0ne's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
United States
12
331
1
Default

hmm, interesting. I have the DVD of Complete Masterworks and it's their television series that use to be on Showtime and their music videos. I would love to see that on Blu along with Pick of Destiny. Can't fathom what 2 would contain? The one I have says COMPLETE and they haven't done anything else but the movie since.
LG 55LW5600 Cinema Series 3D TV
Onkyo TX-NR609 Receiver
M&K 750THXMK II LCRs, SURROUND-55s, & 350THX Sub
Panasonic DMP-BDT210 3D BD Player
Nintendo Wii
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:50 PM   #4
master_8ball master_8ball is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
master_8ball's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
Ontario, Canada
16
659
7
2
Default

I'm hoping its new as well... would love to see more from their Pick of Destiny tour.... Saw them when they came to Toronto the same weekend the movie hit the theatres...

I have The Complete Masterworks on DVD and even if this is that but on Blu I might still pick it up... the concert footage was great and the HBO tv shows were pretty funny...
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:10 PM   #5
JonD7 JonD7 is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
JonD7's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
Cali
126
Send a message via AIM to JonD7 Send a message via MSN to JonD7 Send a message via Yahoo to JonD7
Default

I want Tenacious D on Blu really badly.
setup:
40" Sony XBR4
PS3 320GB(originally 60GB) with 500GB external
PSN: JD777
been Blu since January 12th of '07
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:19 PM   #6
master_8ball master_8ball is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
master_8ball's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
Ontario, Canada
16
659
7
2
Default

From Wiki, not much but it does confirm this is a #2 and not the first one on BD..... Sweet November can't come soon enough...

"Black commented on a third album by announcing that a new song has been written for it entitled Death Star after the fictional planet-destroying space station from the Star Wars movies. He said that the album would likely be released in 2010,[62] but on other occasions he has mentioned the year 2012.[63][64] Black has announced that the band is currently working on a new album, and that a new video, titled The Complete Masterworks: Part 2 will be released"
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 02:58 PM   #7
master_8ball master_8ball is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
master_8ball's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
Ontario, Canada
16
659
7
2
Default

Sony has set Tenacious D: The Complete Masterworks 2 for release on DVD and Blu-ray Disc on 11/4. The DVD will be a 2-disc set. Both will include a 22-song, 2007 live concert shot in HD at the Moore Theatre in Seattle, an hour-long "rocumentary" on the band, additional live performances by The D on SNL, Late Night with Conan O'Brian and the 2006 MTV Movie Awards, and music videos for Time Fixers and Classico.
-http://www.thedigitalbits.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 05:07 PM   #8
InfectedStranger InfectedStranger is offline
Banned
 
InfectedStranger's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
62
Default

Seems like an interesting 2 disc set, actually.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 11:32 PM   #9
Mobe1969 Mobe1969 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Mobe1969's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
Brisbane, Australia
Default

Oh man that sounds awesome. But I might actually get the DVD.

You know with talk of digital copies of movies, I couldn't care less. For concert blu rays, the ability to get a digital copy of the audio would be a big selling point to me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 03:20 AM   #10
J6P J6P is offline
Expert Member
 
J6P's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
117
270
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by master_8ball View Post
Sony has set Tenacious D: The Complete Masterworks 2 for release on DVD and Blu-ray Disc on 11/4. The DVD will be a 2-disc set. Both will include a 22-song, 2007 live concert shot in HD at the Moore Theatre in Seattle, an hour-long "rocumentary" on the band, additional live performances by The D on SNL, Late Night with Conan O'Brian and the 2006 MTV Movie Awards, and music videos for Time Fixers and Classico.
-http://www.thedigitalbits.com
I was at that show, sweet! But it was at the Paramount Theater, not the Moore.

There were HD cameras, dollies and cranes all over the venue. I always hoped that it would surface on Blu someday.
"Rupert Pupkin. P-U-P-K-I-N. It's often misspelled and mispronounced."
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 02:46 AM   #11
master_8ball master_8ball is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
master_8ball's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
Ontario, Canada
16
659
7
2
Default

New York, NY - TENACIOUS D are gearing up to release THE COMPLETE MASTERWORKS 2 DVD on November 4 via Epic Records.
This is the follow up to the five times platinum-selling Complete Masterworks DVD. In addition to a complete show, the package includes a documentary following the band as they release their first feature film, Tenacious D The Pick Of Destiny, their handling of the less-than-stellar success of that film, heading out on the road for their live tour, and tons of behind the scenes footage...all totally uncensored. A trailer for the DVD can now be seen at at www.myspace.com/tenaciousd

Ira Glass - Nationally-famous documentary expert and host of Pubic Radio's This American Life wrote the liner notes for The Complete Masterworks 2 DVD and had this to say about the documentary, "there's no point in making a documentary if you're not going to be honest and I was surprised at what a truthful film this is. By minute ten, Kyle is confiding in Jack that he doesn't really want to go on the 33-show, six-country, multimillion dollar arena tour they're about to embark on. They make a Hollywood movie and we watch their reaction as it bombs. Usually any project with the D simultaneously celebrates and mocks the grandiosity of the greatest band in the world. What's interesting about this film is that it does more or less the same thing, but for once it's not the Jack and Kyle "characters" whose guts and souls are put on view, but the real guys."

Additionally, Josh Homme of Queens Of The Stone Age wrote of the DVD, "watch this...or you hate puppies and want terrorists to win stuff."

This 2 disc DVD - which gives fans over three hours of footage - features a one hour plus documentary, a full length LIVE concert filmed in 2007 at the sold-out Moore Theatre in Seattle, WA, several bonus extras including the band's incredible performance on the 2006 MTV Movie Awards, their performance of "Master Exploder" on The Late Night with Conan O'Brien, an unforgettable performance of "The Metal" on Saturday Night Live, numerous Tenacious D videos and more!

Set List For Live Concert At Moore Theatre:
1. Kielbasa
2. History
3. Wonderboy
4. Dio
5. Lee
6. Saxaboom
7. The Road
8. Hell Movie Skit
9. Kickapoo
10. Karate
11. Dude (I Totally Miss You)
12. Kyle Quit The Band
13. Friendship
14. The Metal
15. Papagenu (He's My Sassafrass)
16. Master Exploder
17. Beelzeboss (The Final Showdown)
18. Double Team
19. F*** Her Gently
20. Tribute
21. Who Medley

Bonus Features Include:
- Late Night with Conan O'Brien Performance of "Master Exploder"
- MTV Movie Awards 2006 Performance
- Saturday Night Live Performance of "The Metal"
- "Time Fixers" Video
- "Classico" Video

Last edited by master_8ball; 10-23-2008 at 08:09 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:17 PM   #12
master_8ball master_8ball is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
master_8ball's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
Ontario, Canada
16
659
7
2
Default

Bump- Edit above
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 10:23 PM   #13
depooter depooter is offline
Expert Member
 
Aug 2007
Seattle
67
322
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by master_8ball View Post

Set List For Live Concert At Moore Theatre:
1. Kielbasa
2. History
3. Wonderboy
4. Dio
5. Lee
6. Saxaboom
7. The Road
8. Hell Movie Skit
9. Kickapoo
10. Karate
11. Dude (I Totally Miss You)
12. Kyle Quit The Band
13. Friendship
14. The Metal
15. Papagenu (He's My Sassafrass)
16. Master Exploder
17. Beelzeboss (The Final Showdown)
18. Double Team
19. F*** Her Gently
20. Tribute
21. Who Medley

Bonus Features Include:
- Late Night with Conan O'Brien Performance of "Master Exploder"
- MTV Movie Awards 2006 Performance
- Saturday Night Live Performance of "The Metal"
- "Time Fixers" Video
- "Classico" Video
Weird that there's no versions of "Pick of Destiny". I wonder if that's tied up with rights issue at New Line/Warner....
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 11:19 PM   #14
Mobe1969 Mobe1969 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Mobe1969's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
Brisbane, Australia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by depooter View Post
Weird that there's no versions of "Pick of Destiny". I wonder if that's tied up with rights issue at New Line/Warner....
There are tracks from PoD on it though.

I love that Master Exploder. Just love it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:28 PM   #15
master_8ball master_8ball is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
master_8ball's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
Ontario, Canada
16
659
7
2
Default

Anyone seen this yet? I went to HMV last Tuesday to pick it up and they only had the DVD, they didn't even have it in the system as coming on Blu. Amazon.com changed the release date from last week to today, but Amazon.ca doesn't even have it. Could this be a US only release, or Canada might have to wait?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:24 PM   #16
DrAndonuts DrAndonuts is offline
Active Member
 
Sep 2007
1
49
Default

Apparently, Best Buy is saying its an exclusive to them. I bought it on Sunday, and it's only 12.99.

The concert looks and sounds great. A 4.5/5 for PQ and 5/5 for SQ. The set list is solid, covering pretty much every one of their songs:

1. Kielbasa
2. History
3. Wonderboy
4. Dio
5. Lee
6. Saxaboom
7. The Road
8. Hell Movie Skit
9. Kickapoo
10. Karate
11. Dude (I Totally Miss You)
12. Kyle Quit The Band
13. Friendship
14. The Metal
15. Papagenu (He's My Sassafrass)
16. Master Exploder
17. Beelzeboss (The Final Showdown)
18. Double Team
19. F*** Her Gently
21. Tribute
22. Who Medley

Definitely one of my favorite concert BDs (second only to Queen). Get this for sure, especially for the 12.99 Best Buy is charging.

The documentary is surprisingly great and runs about an hour and ten minutes. It really gives some insight into the band, and the thing that surprised me the most is that it goes to length on how Jack's stardom affects Kyle. The didn't cut around it, and none of the doc feels like fluff. It really shows how good of friends these guys are, and how Jack goes out of his way for Kyle. It also shows how stardom and the tour affects Jack and his wife and kid, and it all feels real. There's also a really cool moment where JB sees these 10-year-old kids playing some rock on the street and manages to get them to open for the band. Some docs seem a little forced, but this one didn't at all. Really a great doc, and in 1080i HD, too.

The Time Fixers short is really funny. I hadn't seen/heard of it before, and I really liked it. It's only in SD, but still hilarious.

The Classico thing was only OK. I think it was done by the people that did Ren and Stimpy. It's in SD, too.

The TV performances are all pretty good. All SD.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:31 PM   #17
gem_n_webz gem_n_webz is offline
Active Member
 
gem_n_webz's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
Flint, Michigan
228
14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAndonuts View Post
Apparently, Best Buy is saying its an exclusive to them. I bought it on Sunday, and it's only 12.99.

The concert looks and sounds great. A 4.5/5 for PQ and 5/5 for SQ. The set list is solid, covering pretty much every one of their songs:

1. Kielbasa
2. History
3. Wonderboy
4. Dio
5. Lee
6. Saxaboom
7. The Road
8. Hell Movie Skit
9. Kickapoo
10. Karate
11. Dude (I Totally Miss You)
12. Kyle Quit The Band
13. Friendship
14. The Metal
15. Papagenu (He's My Sassafrass)
16. Master Exploder
17. Beelzeboss (The Final Showdown)
18. Double Team
19. F*** Her Gently
21. Tribute
22. Who Medley

Definitely one of my favorite concert BDs (second only to Queen). Get this for sure, especially for the 12.99 Best Buy is charging.

The documentary is surprisingly great and runs about an hour and ten minutes. It really gives some insight into the band, and the thing that surprised me the most is that it goes to length on how Jack's stardom affects Kyle. The didn't cut around it, and none of the doc feels like fluff. It really shows how good of friends these guys are, and how Jack goes out of his way for Kyle. It also shows how stardom and the tour affects Jack and his wife and kid, and it all feels real. There's also a really cool moment where JB sees these 10-year-old kids playing some rock on the street and manages to get them to open for the band. Some docs seem a little forced, but this one didn't at all. Really a great doc, and in 1080i HD, too.

The Time Fixers short is really funny. I hadn't seen/heard of it before, and I really liked it. It's only in SD, but still hilarious.

The Classico thing was only OK. I think it was done by the people that did Ren and Stimpy. It's in SD, too.

The TV performances are all pretty good. All SD.
my best buy didn't have it sunday. so i was gonna order it from tower for $18.78. glad i saw this post first, i'll check best buy again.
TV: 52" Samsung 650 1080p LCD
Blu-ray Player: LG Super Blu High Definition Multiplayer BH200
Home Theatre: Yamaha YHT-160
DVD Player: RCA DRC290 Upconverting 5-Disc
BD's: 232
HD-DVD's: 108
S-DVD's: 347
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:33 PM   #18
Teabaggins Teabaggins is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Teabaggins's Avatar
 
Aug 2008
Default

wow that is cheap. I think I paid more for the DVDs. too bad the shows are only in SD
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:53 PM   #19
oprime15 oprime15 is offline
Junior Member
 
oprime15's Avatar
 
Apr 2008
Willoughby Ohio
116
Default

picked this up at best buy sunday have not watched it yet.

I don't understand why the Pick of Destiny song is not on it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:56 PM   #20
RIKANA RIKANA is offline
Expert Member
 
RIKANA's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
Greendale, WI
596
1
Send a message via AIM to RIKANA
Default

Look like fun! I hope The Pick Of Destiney, Come out veay soon! I'll try to pick the master works up soon.

RI
RIKANA is pronounced as REE KANA in English; or DEE KANA in Japan.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code
Name: Gena - Friend code: 5155-2912-3673

RI
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny? Wish Lists BStecke 8 09-09-2014 05:46 PM
Puppet Master Blu-rays Blu-ray Movies - North America Horrorchick 293 12-24-2013 10:21 PM
Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny Movies FendersRule 3 12-12-2009 04:02 PM
Tenacious D in the Pick of Destiny, and other New Line movies... Blu-ray Movies - North America mistersh0w 4 04-23-2008 05:13 PM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:20 AM.