Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, From $3.99 »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$27.99
4 hrs ago
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.99
5 hrs ago
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$149.99
4 hrs ago
The Newsroom: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99
4 hrs ago
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 6 (Blu-ray)
$31.99

Downton Abbey: Seasons 1, 2, 3 & 4 (Blu-ray)
$39.99
14 hrs ago
The Walking Dead: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
5 hrs ago
How to Train Your Dragon 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
13 hrs ago
Band of Brothers (Blu-ray)
$22.99
4 hrs ago
The Avengers (Blu-ray)
$9.99
5 hrs ago
Lone Survivor (Blu-ray)
$7.99
12 hrs ago
Person of Interest: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99
14 hrs ago
Old 10-08-2008, 08:33 AM   #1

Oct 2008
Default LG Blu Ray Drive

Kinda need some help guys. I have a LG GBW- H10N Blu-Ray drive that was purchased recently and have installed it into my Vista 64 Machine.

First time it was picked up as a CD/DVD drive but showed an error in the device manager of a device driver not loading.

I removed it from the device manager and reloaded. This time it tried loading the device drivers but falied and no longer showed the drive in my computer. I checked the device manager and found it there but with the same fault of a device driver hasn't loaded.

I used the update driver wizard from within device manager and it determined that it was using the best driver and yet still showed an error and still refused to show it in my computer

I then went onto LG support who told me to update the firmware which I did as the next firmware patch had better vista compatibility, but still no joy.

I have now had this fault for two weeks and I am frustrated as I have read that other users iof this drive have it working perfectly with Vista 64. I need to do something quickly as time is running out to return the part....

Please Help.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:32 AM   #2

Apr 2008
Donegal, Ireland

I hate when that sorta stuff happens, more recently i tried installing a firewire card and my computer refused to show it in device manager. It sounds to me like the blu-ray drive is faulty, one thing..have you tried checking the master/slave settings on the drive? not sure if it would make much difference but worth a go.
Why does ending task on windows, never actually end task ?!

50'' Samsung PS50A556S
Sony SA-FT7ED
ED A2-300
Sony STR-DG820
Sony BDP S300
51 BD's
Old 10-12-2008, 01:41 PM   #3

Aug 2008
Default need HELP!!!!

i have a LG ggc-h20l drive and i played some blu movies but when i brought the HAPPENING nothing happen. does it have to b up loaded or do i need a upgraded firmware. must i disconnect BD-LIVE all i want to do is just watch the movie not into bd live....
Old 10-12-2008, 02:59 PM   #4

Sep 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwar View Post
I have now had this fault for two weeks and I am frustrated as I have read that other users iof this drive have it working perfectly with Vista 64. I need to do something quickly as time is running out to return the part....

Please Help.
You might try taking it to your local professional as they can do quite a few things that might help. I usually recommend you just buy it from the pro and let them install it. That way, if the installation is a little weird it falls on them instead of you.

Allan
My personal website: www.allans-stuff.com
My business website: www.allanhallphotography.com
Old 10-12-2008, 04:25 PM   #5
Banned

Feb 2008

do one thing man
is this lg writer i beleive sata drive take the drive out reboot it. then install the drive in secondary slot if u have one. and update the driver firmware YL03 it should detect ad cd and hd dvd rom
Old 10-15-2008, 11:35 PM   #6

Aug 2008

i'll check it out...
Old 10-16-2008, 09:31 PM   #7

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwar View Post
Kinda need some help guys. I have a LG GBW- H10N Blu-Ray drive that was purchased recently and have installed it into my Vista 64 Machine.

First time it was picked up as a CD/DVD drive but showed an error in the device manager of a device driver not loading.

I removed it from the device manager and reloaded. This time it tried loading the device drivers but falied and no longer showed the drive in my computer. I checked the device manager and found it there but with the same fault of a device driver hasn't loaded.

I used the update driver wizard from within device manager and it determined that it was using the best driver and yet still showed an error and still refused to show it in my computer

I then went onto LG support who told me to update the firmware which I did as the next firmware patch had better vista compatibility, but still no joy.

Please Help.
Look into the registry under HKLM>SYSTEM>CurrentcontrolSet>Services>cdrom and make sure the start entry on the right has a 3 in paraenthsis if it does not then double click it and change it to a 3. Also right click cdrom and make sure the system permission has full control. If you change anything and reboot the computer because that service only starts when the computer starts.

Also you can try and uninstall your device from device manager and tell windows to relook for it and see if starts without the exclamation point.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray PCs, Laptops, Drives, Media and Software