Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
Fairy Tail: Part 12 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
A.I. Artificial Intelligence (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Spectacular Now (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Flintstones (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Nightbreed (Blu-ray)
$20.95
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Scanners (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Planes: Fire & Rescue (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Planes, Trains & Automobiles (Blu-ray)
$4.88
The Bubble 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 03-13-2007, 02:56 AM   #1

Mar 2007
Default Sony BDP-S1 Won't eject DVD-R

Anyone else ever have this problem? Is there a cure? This will be the second player I return due to this problem. Any help please post it, thanks!
Old 03-13-2007, 03:10 AM   #2
Power Member

Dec 2006
Ontario, Canada
Send a message via MSN to jorg
Default .h

as in it wont pop disc out if that case the machines broken return go to diffrent store
Panasonic Plasma Panasonic TH-50PZ800U
Panasonic LCD TC-32LX85
Sony bravia KDL-46S5100
Bell 6131 HD receiver
80 gig PS3-Jailbroken
3ŪDŪlCH
PSN: reiche3
Old 03-13-2007, 06:18 AM   #3

Feb 2007
Default Sony BDP-S1 won't eject DVD-R-pt 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptSwan View Post
Anyone else ever have this problem? Is there a cure? This will be the second player I return due to this problem. Any help please post it, thanks!
Sorry to hear about your problem with your Sony player. Don't take this the wrong way but I'm almost relieved that someone else but me has had this problem. I bought my player about a month ago. It played bluray discs and prerecorded dvds OK, but when I put in a dvd r- video that I had it locked up completely. It would not play the disc, it would not eject the disc. The only thing that it would do was to show "power on" on the front panel. Even the tv screen was totally blank. After contacting Sony technical help I was told that the unit was defective and to either send it in for service or exchange it. I exchanged it for another new unit and when I tried it out it did the exact same thing. It seemed to me that even if I exchanged it again I was not going to solve my problem. So after untold hours on the phone with Sony I finally got a Sony representative to agree to exchange my unit for another new one. The only difference is that when I get my unit back (hopefully in a day or two) it will have the newest firmware installed (version 1.55). I have been told that this will include among other improvements a hard eject feature that will allow the disc to be ejected no matter what. I have been assured that this will cure my problem, although I cannot confirm it until I hear from Sony. He has removed the r- disc and is going to try it in the new unit after it has been upgraded. He is also going to send the r- disc back to Sony in Japan to investigate why this type of disc causes this problem. I have checked the Sony technical help website earlier today and the latest version of software, version 1.55 is available for download. I would suggest that you download this upgrade and see if it works. I should know tomorrow if the upgrade on my new unit has solved the problem and will post when I find out. If you try the upgrade from the Sony website let us know if it works. Good luck.
Old 03-13-2007, 04:08 PM   #4

Mar 2007
Default Unit heading to Sony Repair

This Sony BDP-S1 player just like my last one has to be repaired by Sony. I've packaged it up today to send out. There is no way to get the disc out other than tearing the player apart. Sony will remove my DVD-R from the unit, and try a firmware upgrade to see if this fixes the problem. I will keep the interested parties appraised of the situation. I would not recommend playing any DVD-R unless you have the latest firmware update, or have some time to send your unit into Sony with a 7-10 day turn around. I purchased both units as soon as they became available in NOV 2006 from Best Buy.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:46 PM   #5

Feb 2007
Thumbs up solution for dvd r- stuck in player

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptSwan View Post
I just spoke to the rep at Sony and he confirmed that the version 1.55 has fixed the problem with the stuck dvd r- in my player. He first of all removed the disc from my unit that I had set in to him. He then put it in a unit that he used in the lab which had version 1.50 installed. It locked up the unit. He said that he then removed the disc and installed the new upgrade. When he tried to play the problem r- disc this time it played fine. This upgrade also includes a hard eject option. If at any time a disc becomes locked inside first unplug the unit for a minute or so. Plug it in and press the power button. As soon as the "power on" message appears on the front panel press the stop button on the front panel (do not use the remote, it will not work). If you do not press the stop button within 1 second this will not work and you must retry. This will allow you to eject the disc. If you have version 1.50 installed this will not work and the unit must be sent in to have the disc removed and then the upgrade to version 1.55 can be installed. He has confirmed that this fix does work and my upgraded unit is on it way back to me. I'm looking forward to trying it out.
Many thanks to Emmanuel at Sony for all the help. He gave me permission to include his contact information below so that if anyone else is having problems, he said that he is more than happy to assist.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PS0100.jpg (20.9 KB, 9 views)
Old 07-31-2007, 01:35 PM   #6

Jun 2007
Default New BDP s1 on the way

I had my unit go in for service because of the " won't eject syndrome"
I do not know what my kids tried playing in it , but needless to say ..they CANNOT touch it anymore..

Got the call from SONY yesterday, a new unit is a comin..
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders