COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$91.99
Y Tu Mamá También (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Sons of Anarchy: Season Five (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Picnic at Hanging Rock (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Other Woman (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Sons of Anarchy: Season Six (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Black Nativity (Blu-ray)
$6.99
Stargate: The Ark of Truth / Continuum (Blu-ray)
$22.98
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Giver (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Fargo: Season One (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Love Streams (Blu-ray)
$19.99
WWE: The Best of RAW 2010 (Blu-ray)
$11.48
Ace in the Hole (Blu-ray)
$19.99
That's the Way of the World (Blu-ray)
$16.07
Draft Day (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Old 05-12-2011, 07:43 PM   #201

May 2010
ATL, GA

So...I tried to send a support ticket to Warner Bros to see if by some miracle they would let us get our Inception DCs and what happens?! Two seconds later they send me an automated email saying the offer is expired I know the darn thing's expired thats why I'm contacting you!

WTF?! Could they at least have read what i wrote them!

I get it's partly my fault for waiting so long but damn! Also come to think are digital copies supposed to last a year?! Who in the blue hell decided to make Inception digital copy codes 5 months! REALLY!

F*** YOU WARNER BROTHERS! YOU GUYS MAKE SOME AWESOME MOVIES BUT YOUR TECHNICAL SUPPORT AND THEY WAY YOU DEAL WITH STUFF IS SH**!!!

Ok I just had to get that out.....sorry if I had offended anyone, which I probably didn't since there are quite a few of you guys that feel the same way.
Upgraded from DVD to blu-ray: May 4, 2010
Current Blu Ray collection: 342
Current BDs in Steelbook: 21

Currently own a 32" inch Dynex LCD HDTV with a Magnavox NB500MG1F Blu Ray Disc Player(AKA the 78 dollar blu ray player at Walmart!)
Old 05-12-2011, 08:04 PM   #202

Dec 2010
sl, ut

Its aggrivating...they sent me a response on a movie stating the date is on the disk...well no shit lady, but I cant see the disk without buying the fricken movie...such a pain...and they wonder why people pirate
Old 05-12-2011, 08:46 PM   #203

Nov 2009

Bought Sherlock Holmes last night, which is part of a new assortment at Walmart. It's got a new UPC/ISBN sticker over the printed one. I honestly hadn't paid any attention to the fact it even came with a DC until I opened it and saw the code sheet. I was disappointed to learn that the code expired in March. You'd think if they were going to the trouble of issuing a new product code for it, they could have at least either extended the DC time or packaged it without the DC altogether. Oh, well. I still got the Warner Rewards points for it, which put us over the top and we cashed in for Gremlins. Gonna call it a win.
"There's always one more way to do things and that's your way, and you have a right to try it at least once." -- Waylon Jennings
Old 05-12-2011, 09:54 PM   #204
Expert Member

Jul 2008
-

Yep.. My Inception copy is expired.. right when I decide to redeem it. Silly me, thinking it wouldn't expire for a year.

Kick in the pants - UK DC expires today. Sigh. I can't believe they made it expire so quickly. WTF?
Old 05-12-2011, 09:57 PM   #205
Blu-ray Prince

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

to the inception people. make your own digital copy from the dvd .... very easy to do
Old 05-12-2011, 09:59 PM   #206
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A. DigiBooks-------------------------->87 SteelBooks™--------->118 UV-------->247

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
to the inception people. make your own digital copy from the dvd .... very easy to do
It sure is especially with AnyDVD.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:17 PM   #207

May 2010
ATL, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorch View Post
Yep.. My Inception copy is expired.. right when I decide to redeem it. Silly me, thinking it wouldn't expire for a year.

Kick in the pants - UK DC expires today. Sigh. I can't believe they made it expire so quickly. WTF?
SEE WB!!!! and that's the thing, Warner Bros. had us all used to getting our DC's used within a year, they just out of nowhere put Inception for 5 months. I've also looked around all the internet, different forums, sites etc. about this and yeah people are mad *sigh* this is really depressing

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Goofnut View Post
It sure is especially with AnyDVD.
Please Explain, very interested in knowing

Currently own a 32" inch Dynex LCD HDTV with a Magnavox NB500MG1F Blu Ray Disc Player(AKA the 78 dollar blu ray player at Walmart!)
Old 05-12-2011, 11:30 PM   #208
Special Member

Feb 2010
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinoG View Post
I tried Scott Pilgrim since it's Universal and Universal normally keeps their DCs open long after the expiration dates but unfortunately Scott Pilgrim is not one of those films

I really regret waiting until it was too late even tho I still have the DVD copies that came with them, it kind of bothers me a little.
I just redeemed my digital copy of Scott Pilgrim vs. The World with my 4th generation iPod Touch.

I just connected to the iTunes store with my iPod Touch, went to the Music tab, scrolled down, selected Redeem and then I entered my code and password and voila. Hopefully that helps you out, if you own an iPod Touch.

I am not sure if that would also work with Inception, but you could give it a try.
Allegory of the Cave:

Plato - What does it mean to be a good person?
Descartes - What does it mean to be?
Nietzche - What does it mean?
Bertrand Russell - What does "it" mean?
C.S. Lewis - What does it?
Lil' Jon - WHAT?!?!?
Old 05-12-2011, 11:40 PM   #209

May 2010
ATL, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelwithoutacause View Post
I just redeemed my digital copy of Scott Pilgrim vs. The World with my 4th generation iPod Touch.

I just connected to the iTunes store with my iPod Touch, went to the Music tab, scrolled down, selected Redeem and then I entered my code and password and voila. Hopefully that helps you out, if you own an iPod Touch.

I am not sure if that would also work with Inception, but you could give it a try.
Tried it, didn't work unfortunately Oh well.

I sent an email to Universal support, maybe I'll be lucky with Scott Pilgrim than I was with Inception WB.

Old 05-12-2011, 11:47 PM   #210
Special Member

Feb 2011

Quote:
I sent an email to Universal support, maybe I'll be lucky with Scott Pilgrim than I was with Inception WB.
Universal sent me a code to redeem my Inglourious Basterds DC I bought a couple months ago, and that DC had long since expired. So hopefully there should still be some one for you.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:52 PM   #211
Special Member

Feb 2010
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Tried it, didn't work unfortunately Oh well.

Have you tried to redeem it before? If you have that might explain why it didn't work.

As for using AnyDVD, just YouTube videos on how you can create digital copies to use with your iPod Touch. Don't give it up.
Allegory of the Cave:

Plato - What does it mean to be a good person?
Descartes - What does it mean to be?
Nietzche - What does it mean?
Bertrand Russell - What does "it" mean?
C.S. Lewis - What does it?
Lil' Jon - WHAT?!?!?
Old 05-13-2011, 12:37 AM   #212

May 2010
ATL, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsmith369 View Post
I have a copy of the UK code that expires today, but it might already be expired due to the time zone difference and I don't know if it would work on US accounts even. I thought it already expired last week or I would have posted it here.

Here it is if anyone can use it.

XF9XLMJ77W3H

Please post if you use it or if it doesn't work for you so I can take it down.
Thanks
Nope, wouldn't let me. It said it's only for those in the UK and Ireland

Thanks for posting it anyways.

Old 05-13-2011, 12:38 AM   #213
Power Member

Jul 2009

Quote:
Nope, wouldn't let me. It said it's only for those in the UK and Ireland

Thanks for posting it anyways.
Yeah sorry about that. This expiration was ridiculous early and WB should be ashamed of themselves.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:42 AM   #214

May 2010
ATL, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinemach View Post
Universal sent me a code to redeem my Inglourious Basterds DC I bought a couple months ago, and that DC had long since expired. So hopefully there should still be some one for you.
Thank you, hopefully Universal pulls thru for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelwithoutacause View Post
Have you tried to redeem it before? If you have that might explain why it didn't work.

As for using AnyDVD, just YouTube videos on how you can create digital copies to use with your iPod Touch. Don't give it up.
Nope, today was the first time I tried it, along with Inception

Yea, I'm gonna take a look at the AnyDVD thing. If I can't get the DCs that came with the movies I'll just copy them from the DVD lol Yea I aint givin up yet

If today taught me anything, it's that even if you have a long list of movies to catch up on to watch, if you buy a movie and you wish to put the DC on your computer PUT IT IN THERE RIGHT WHEN YOU BUY IT!

Old 05-13-2011, 12:45 AM   #215

May 2010
ATL, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsmith369 View Post
Yeah sorry about that. This expiration was ridiculous early and WB should be ashamed of themselves.
It's ok man, at least you tried . Yea this was a bad move on WBs part, I don't understand why they went from a year(sometimes longer for a couple movies) to just a few months and they are literally no help.

OH AND PEOPLE WITH HARRY POTTER 7-1!!! THE DC FOR IT EXPIRES IN AUGUST!!!! THATS 4 MONTHS THAT IS BS!!! But yea for those that have it put it in while you can.

Old 05-13-2011, 01:36 AM   #216
Special Member

Dec 2007
US

i make a habit of putting the cd in as soon as i get it home, otherwise u file it and forget..

reminds me i have a few to download
Old 05-13-2011, 02:40 AM   #217

May 2010
ATL, GA

If anyone finds a way to get Inception and or Scott Pilgrim digital copies to work please let me and anyone else trying know please

Until then, I'm gonna see what this AnyDVD thing is about lol.

Old 05-13-2011, 05:06 AM   #218
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009

Well, I'll be . . .

So, when I originally posted about the Inception DC I was pretty frustrated and I had contacted both WB and Apple on 5/6/11 (the last day for the Inception DC) just kept getting the message that the DC was expired.

I was upset, sent multiple emails and made a few calls, and generally thought I'd raise as much of a fuss as I could, though from the beginning I didn't really expect much from it as, in my experience, WB seems to be the absolute worst in terms of stringency with DC's. They also make it pretty near impossible for you to contact them in any meaningful manner when you have an issue about a DC that they think is expired.

I got not only the immediate automated email denials telling me that the code was already expired (No, it's not! I kept replying. . .), but also more emails throughout the week saying the same thing (I think some were delayed responses to my responses to the original automated denials).

In any case, the last ones were a few days ago, including one from "Mahesh" at Apple (WB told me that I had to contact Apple as it was out of their hands and only Apple could resolve the issue) which essentially said that it was a WB issue and out of Apple's hands.

I figured I'd give WB one more call tomorrow to kick up some more dust and then just be done with it.

Well, lo and behold, about an hour ago I get another string of 4 emails from WB and instead of the same exact form denial email I've been getting throughout the week I see:

Hello,

We have researched your problem and the issue you reported seems to be resolved. Please visit the URL below to begin the redemption process for your Digital Copy. If you are trying to redeem your Digital Copy in iTunes, please follow these instructions to download your Digital Copy directly from the iTunes store:

Open iTunes

Navigate to the iTunes Store

Locate the "Redeem" link in the right side of the Storefront in the Quick Links panel

Enter your Authorization Code

If the files do not show up in your Download queue, click "Store" > "Check for Available Downloads"

Please let us know if you are unable to download your Digital Copy.

Thank you for contacting customer support.

-WB Digital Copy Support Team

I was (and still am) completely flabbergasted.

Despite the fact that I did email and call a bunch of times I did not actually think anything would come out of this.

I'm still in a state of mild shock and have no idea what happened over there at WB, but I have to say I am very pleasantly surprised at this turn of events, that somebody at WB apparently actually read my emails, researched the issue, and provided a satisfactory resolution.

All this to say, it may be YMMV, but if you were having problems with redeeming the DC for Inception or have it but haven't redeemed it yet, I would try (again) ASAP.

Again, YMMV as I don't know if this was an exception made only for me/my code or if they extended the redemption window for everyone, but I'm currently downloading my DC of Inception now as I post and it seems to be going through.

Keep in mind, it may be specific to certain codes as I did try to redeem the code on 5/6/11, while the code was still supposed to be valid, and contacted them multiple times that day. While I don't like the whole policy of having expiration dates on DC redemptions, especially ones with such short redemption windows, I was trying to redeem it within the valid period stated on the packaging and they seemed to be having some sort of technical glitch on that last day. So they may have just extended the codes that were attempted to be redeemed by the expiration date, but hopefully they just extended the expiration date for all codes so I would give it a(nother) try. Mine is working.

I'm still in disbelief.

Old 05-13-2011, 05:27 AM   #219

Mar 2010
Lakewood, Ohio

Mine went through just fine. They must have extended the redemption period for everyone.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:44 AM   #220
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZatch View Post
Mine went through just fine. They must have extended the redemption period for everyone.
That's very promising news.

When did you redeem it? Today?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America