Best Blu-ray Deals

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
How to Train Your Dragon 2 (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Guardians of the Galaxy 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Entourage: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$96.99
Deadwood: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$58.99
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$89.99
Treme: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$64.99
Rise of the Guardians 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3D (Blu-ray)
$69.99
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$90.34
Dragon Ball Z: Season 8 (Blu-ray)
$25.89
Big Hero 6 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Maze Runner (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Rocky: Heavyweight Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 05-13-2011, 02:55 PM   #221

May 2010
ATL, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljoo View Post
Well, I'll be . . .

So, when I originally posted about the Inception DC I was pretty frustrated and I had contacted both WB and Apple on 5/6/11 (the last day for the Inception DC) just kept getting the message that the DC was expired.

I was upset, sent multiple emails and made a few calls, and generally thought I'd raise as much of a fuss as I could, though from the beginning I didn't really expect much from it as, in my experience, WB seems to be the absolute worst in terms of stringency with DC's. They also make it pretty near impossible for you to contact them in any meaningful manner when you have an issue about a DC that they think is expired.

I got not only the immediate automated email denials telling me that the code was already expired (No, it's not! I kept replying. . .), but also more emails throughout the week saying the same thing (I think some were delayed responses to my responses to the original automated denials).

In any case, the last ones were a few days ago, including one from "Mahesh" at Apple (WB told me that I had to contact Apple as it was out of their hands and only Apple could resolve the issue) which essentially said that it was a WB issue and out of Apple's hands.

I figured I'd give WB one more call tomorrow to kick up some more dust and then just be done with it.

Well, lo and behold, about an hour ago I get another string of 4 emails from WB and instead of the same exact form denial email I've been getting throughout the week I see:

Hello,

We have researched your problem and the issue you reported seems to be resolved. Please visit the URL below to begin the redemption process for your Digital Copy. If you are trying to redeem your Digital Copy in iTunes, please follow these instructions to download your Digital Copy directly from the iTunes store:

Open iTunes

Navigate to the iTunes Store

Locate the "Redeem" link in the right side of the Storefront in the Quick Links panel

Enter your Authorization Code

If the files do not show up in your Download queue, click "Store" > "Check for Available Downloads"

Please let us know if you are unable to download your Digital Copy.

Thank you for contacting customer support.

-WB Digital Copy Support Team

I was (and still am) completely flabbergasted.

Despite the fact that I did email and call a bunch of times I did not actually think anything would come out of this.

I'm still in a state of mild shock and have no idea what happened over there at WB, but I have to say I am very pleasantly surprised at this turn of events, that somebody at WB apparently actually read my emails, researched the issue, and provided a satisfactory resolution.

All this to say, it may be YMMV, but if you were having problems with redeeming the DC for Inception or have it but haven't redeemed it yet, I would try (again) ASAP.

Again, YMMV as I don't know if this was an exception made only for me/my code or if they extended the redemption window for everyone, but I'm currently downloading my DC of Inception now as I post and it seems to be going through.

Keep in mind, it may be specific to certain codes as I did try to redeem the code on 5/6/11, while the code was still supposed to be valid, and contacted them multiple times that day. While I don't like the whole policy of having expiration dates on DC redemptions, especially ones with such short redemption windows, I was trying to redeem it within the valid period stated on the packaging and they seemed to be having some sort of technical glitch on that last day. So they may have just extended the codes that were attempted to be redeemed by the expiration date, but hopefully they just extended the expiration date for all codes so I would give it a(nother) try. Mine is working.

I'm still in disbelief.

IT WORKED!!!! THANK YOU YOU!!!!!

WB HAS MANAGED TO REDEEM THEMSELVES A LITTLE BIT WOOHOO!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZatch View Post
Mine went through just fine. They must have extended the redemption period for everyone.
Yep for everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljoo View Post
That's very promising news.

When did you redeem it? Today?
JUST NOW! THIS HAS MADE MY DAY!!! THANK YOU AGAIN!!!

Now I'm just waiting for Universal to see if they'll let me get my Scott Pilgrim.

I shall take this as a lesson, that if I want to use my DC do not wait until the last minute or if it's a WB DC do not assume it will be a year to use. Woohoo Im excited THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!
Upgraded from DVD to blu-ray: May 4, 2010
Current Blu Ray collection: 342
Current BDs in Steelbook: 21

Currently own a 32" inch Dynex LCD HDTV with a Magnavox NB500MG1F Blu Ray Disc Player(AKA the 78 dollar blu ray player at Walmart!)
Old 05-15-2011, 02:25 AM   #222

May 2010
ATL, GA

Ok so while I(along with many other ppl here) managed to get lucky with Inception, as for Scott Pilgrim digital which is the only expired one I have that doesnt work...yea not so much. Sent Universal an email, got an automated one saying it been discontinued but "they hope I can enjoy other movies in the future!" That's exactly what their email, wow way to go Universal, of all the expire DCs you guys have out there that work, you choose a new on eto actually expire within 4 months.....
Upgraded from DVD to blu-ray: May 4, 2010
Current Blu Ray collection: 342
Current BDs in Steelbook: 21

Currently own a 32" inch Dynex LCD HDTV with a Magnavox NB500MG1F Blu Ray Disc Player(AKA the 78 dollar blu ray player at Walmart!)
Old 05-15-2011, 08:55 AM   #223
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinoG View Post
Ok so while I(along with many other ppl here) managed to get lucky with Inception, as for Scott Pilgrim digital which is the only expired one I have that doesnt work...yea not so much. Sent Universal an email, got an automated one saying it been discontinued but "they hope I can enjoy other movies in the future!" That's exactly what their email, wow way to go Universal, of all the expire DCs you guys have out there that work, you choose a new on eto actually expire within 4 months.....
That's why this digital copy stuff is just absurd.

I buy a disc, advertised as coming with a "digital copy", they go so far as to on some packages to tell me I need Internet to activate what is on a physical disc I hold in my hand already, but almost never to they specify "Oh yeah, expires too!"

THE WHOLE POINT of owning media is to...own it. I shouldn't have to get permission from their servers to use a disc I own. It really bothers me that they say "DIGITAL COPY" across the front cover and it expires. "TEMPORARY DIGITAL COPY" is more like it.

Yet they wonder why people just download instead of jumping through these hoops. And that's not even all the iTunes crap - total bloatware - here you have iPhones and iPads with all these features, and you still have to tether the thing to a PC to download a file to one. A file you need to unlock in a specified time with an internet connection. And can only use once - and if you don't manually back it up, you lose it.

Digital Copies are the dumbest things the studios have come up with since DiVX.
If you have to whip out a microscope to decide if you like a Blu-ray or not, you are missing the point.

ESSENTIAL STAR WARS READING:
How Disney Bought Lucasfilm
The Special Edition Restoration Process
Old 05-26-2011, 08:26 PM   #224
Special Member

Apr 2011
Missouri

guess its just better to rip with a blu-ray drive to computer and create your own everlasting copy. Kinda promotes piracy, but if the companies can't see that...eh
"A smart man knows his limits
A great man knows he has none"---Court Dog
Old 05-26-2011, 08:42 PM   #225
Expert Member

Aug 2009
Iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillieCassin View Post
That's why this digital copy stuff is just absurd.

I buy a disc, advertised as coming with a "digital copy", they go so far as to on some packages to tell me I need Internet to activate what is on a physical disc I hold in my hand already, but almost never to they specify "Oh yeah, expires too!"

THE WHOLE POINT of owning media is to...own it. I shouldn't have to get permission from their servers to use a disc I own. It really bothers me that they say "DIGITAL COPY" across the front cover and it expires. "TEMPORARY DIGITAL COPY" is more like it.

Yet they wonder why people just download instead of jumping through these hoops. And that's not even all the iTunes crap - total bloatware - here you have iPhones and iPads with all these features, and you still have to tether the thing to a PC to download a file to one. A file you need to unlock in a specified time with an internet connection. And can only use once - and if you don't manually back it up, you lose it.

Digital Copies are the dumbest things the studios have come up with since DiVX.
I agree with this 100%. I wish the studios would either 1. Not include a digital copy. OR 2. Just have the digital copy file ready to copy to your hard drive.

I do not believe for one second that you are actually downloading a movie anyway. It's just "locked" so you cannot access the files until you jump through these ridiculous hoops (within a limited time frame) to get them.

If you were really downloading anything from the internet, a disc would not be needed. Just a piece of paper with a code.

Digital copies are a rip off to those who either do not have access to the internet/do not have a portable player to use them with/or do not care about 'redeeming' them at all.

I especially hate the fact that their inclusion is writtin on the packaging/slipcover/etc. Its annoyong as all get out as these aren't really included at all, after a certain date or if you buy a used copy.

What I am surprised at is that the pirates haven't just found a way around all of the crap and are able to just pull the files from the disc.

As stated, all of this promotes piracy more than it will ever deter it. Poorly, poorly executed idea all the way around.

/Rant
Blu since September 22, 2009.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:28 AM   #226
Special Member

Oct 2010
Ontario, Canada

At least, the extra disc in form of DVD/Digital Copy aren't totally useless, but I'd rather pay less $$$ and just get the Blu-Ray disc.

I understand the DVD version offered is used for kids in car travels in a DVD player, but it's totally useless for the majority of us!

I don't remember having ever saw a DVD Combo Edition with a VHS version of the movie...!
Old 05-29-2011, 02:59 AM   #227

Mar 2011
Western New York

Eh, DVD Combos come in handy for those of us with friends and family who don't have Blu-ray and want to borrow a movie.

The Digital Copy nonsense is lame, though. The fact that they expire is almost basis for a class-action lawsuit for false advertising. "...that you can watch anywhere, anytime." my ass. If it comes on the disc, I don't see a logical reason to have it expire. If it's a download...sure, you can argue that server space is an issue. But if the data is there on the disc, having it expire is nothing but a shameless money-grab.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:30 PM   #228
Expert Member

Jul 2008

I like the DC because I have an APPLE TV so basically I can create a librabry (Stored on my 2T HD) of movies that I can access without having to stand up which is great especially for the movies my kids watch. the bad thins is I just got my 2T HD a few days ago so I thought it would be cool to put all those DC's to use and I was shocked that 1/2 of the ones I had were "Expired"
Old 06-13-2011, 10:22 PM   #229

Jun 2011
Hobbiton, Shire

Michael, can you provide me with the email address to the WB Digital Copy team? I'd like to contact them directly about my expired Inception code. This sucks, but even if they don't give me a new code, at least now I know about DC expiration dates.
Old 06-18-2011, 02:50 PM   #230

Nov 2009
Default Mamma Mia

I just got an Ipod Touch and went through my blu-rays to see which might have a digital download code. The Mamma Mia one said "may not be valid after Sept 2009" but it worked anyway. Sex and the City said basically the same thing, and it didn't work. I emailed WB, let's see what happens.

All my Disney blu-rays - I am assuming that the codes were on the same insert with the magic codes you use on the Disney DVD website, becase I threw them out after using the magic codes. Oh well. I can live without Disney on my Ipod. And I'm assuming they're long expired anyway.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:23 PM   #231

Dec 2010

Disney digital copies are almost always (for me 100%) still usable after they 'expire' - they seem to be the best at this.

To get your lost codes for the digital copy, log into your movie rewards account and look at your redeemed codes. Voila!
Old 06-18-2011, 09:54 PM   #232

Jan 2008
PHX, AZ

I had this issue awhile back when I learned that the copies expired. I did not have any portable devices at the time and was waiting till I got one to download the movies. Hulk was expired and so was Harold and Kumar go to white castle. WB basically said too bad, it has expired. If studios are going to make it where you have to connect to the internet to download the movie anyway, they should just use a redeemable code, not have to include a disk. Seems like a whole lot of waste. But hey, there are many things that make sense but businesses choose to just not make any sense.
Living Room Set Up
46" LCD Samsung...lN46c630
Yamaha receiver...RX-V663
PS3 60GB(320GB), 20 Games, 40 BD's. WII, 11 Games
Master bedroom Set up
42" Plasma Poloroid...PLA 4205
Kenwood receiver...VR-615
Old 06-27-2011, 06:25 PM   #233

Aug 2008

Sorry, this question must have been asked many times, but do US Digital copies only work on US computers or can you set the computer to make them work ?
Old 06-28-2011, 07:40 AM   #234

Jun 2011

Recently I had my iTunes crash on me, and I had to reinstall it. After I got iTunes installed and running only my digital copy movies were missing. Is there a way I can recover them, by chance? I tried using the redemption codes but I had no luck there. Any help would be awesome.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:12 AM   #235
Special Member

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust Devil View Post
Sorry, this question must have been asked many times, but do US Digital copies only work on US computers or can you set the computer to make them work ?
What exactly is a "non-US" computer...?
Old 06-28-2011, 08:16 AM   #236

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsterish View Post
Recently I had my iTunes crash on me, and I had to reinstall it. After I got iTunes installed and running only my digital copy movies were missing. Is there a way I can recover them, by chance? I tried using the redemption codes but I had no luck there. Any help would be awesome.
Just drag the video files from your computer back into iTunes and it Should work since it is the same account, and sometimes rereedeeming works on the same iTunes account
Old 06-28-2011, 08:49 AM   #237

Jun 2011

Where were the digital copy movies stored at on the computer? I still have the movies I bought from itunes just the digital copies are missing. I have tried to reenter the redemption code by it's a no go. Thanks for the reply also.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:07 AM   #238

Oct 2011

Just a heads up to those interested Jonah Hex DC even though it expired 10/10/11 Is still working.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:26 PM   #239
Special Member

Nov 2008
Detroit, MI
Default Is there a way to get my digital copies to my Amazon VOD library?

Is it possible to get your digital copies to your Amazon Video on Demand personal library?
JC480's Home Theatre Gallery
Receiver: Denon AVR-2309ci | Speakers: Polk RC80i | RC85i | LCi-C | Elemental Designs A2-300
BD Player & TV: Pioneer BDP-51FD | Pioneer KRP-600M
PowerProtection: Leviton 8480-00W|7280-00W | Cutler Hammer CHSA
Old 07-22-2012, 11:28 PM   #240
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc480 View Post
Is it possible to get your digital copies to your Amazon Video on Demand personal library?
Nope.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America