Best PS3 Game Deals

Best PS3 Game Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (PS3)
$13.43
Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends (PS3)
$10.58
Sonic the Hedgehog (PS3)
$13.39
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
$7.97
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES (PS3)
$13.99
Final Fantasy IX (PS3)
$14.28
Rio (PS3)
$18.08
Need For Speed: Most Wanted (PS3)
$19.99
LittleBigPlanet Karting (PS3)
$18.60
Mortal Kombat (PS3)
$17.28
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Greatest Hits (PS3)
$16.42
Record of Agarest War 2 (PS3)
$12.49
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Old 12-02-2008, 12:05 AM   #21
Super Moderator

Feb 2007

Naughty Dog actually updated their site! (stills says "The new Uncharted website coming soon!" though )

I have a distinct feeling that many of you might have been expecting that this day would be coming real soon … Today, we’re beginning to reveal more about our next project here at Naughty DogUncharted 2: Among Thieves.

Surprised, right?

You can catch the first glimpse of our next game on GameTrailers.com, which is hosting a video we’ve put together advertising the 2008 Video Game Awards on Spike. Our VGA ad will also premiere on the air tomorrow, Tuesday, December 2, at 9:25 PM during UFC Unleashed on Spike. Oh yeah, that means we have something much bigger lined up …

The world premiere of our first trailer for Uncharted 2: Among Thieves!

This trailer will be shown during the 2008 Video Game Awards show, airing on December 14, 2008, at 9:00 PM on Spike. Don’t forget!

On top of that, Game Informer has revealed the cover for their January 2009 issue today, which features none other than – you guessed it – Uncharted 2. The January 2009 issue will hit subscribers and newsstands in mid-December and will give you the first in-depth look at what lies in store for Nathan Drake.

Keep an eye out for a lot more about Uncharted 2: Among Thieves in the coming months!

Last edited by Shin-Ra; 04-30-2009 at 09:23 PM.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:05 AM   #22

Oct 2007
Kearney,Nebraska

HOLY CRAP...this just made my evening. Now if God Of War 3 footage where to show up now...I would fate.
TREY4LIFE!-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RawluL9xfJU&feature=channel_page
Old 12-02-2008, 12:09 AM   #23
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
-
-
-

freaking sweet! i guess they weren't lying when they said it basically looks the same as uncharted one, but also thats not a bad thing. it seems nathan was a bit more detailed. i dunno..i'm pumped tho, happening faster than i expected. and yay for rumor's i post that come true! woohoo
Old 12-02-2008, 12:21 AM   #24
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
-
-
-

who's gonna pull some screens for our viewing pleasure?
Old 12-02-2008, 12:25 AM   #25
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2007
Bronx, New York
Send a message via AIM to saprano

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtop View Post
freaking sweet! i guess they weren't lying when they said it basically looks the same as uncharted one, but also thats not a bad thing. it seems nathan was a bit more detailed. i dunno..i'm pumped tho, happening faster than i expected. and yay for rumor's i post that come true! woohoo
I disagree, i thinks its looks way better than the firts one, but this is only a teaser and they have yet to show gameplay environments so whatever.
Pioneer Kuro 151FD|Samung 40"
Pioneer Elite SC-37|Onkyo 705
Def Tech speakers/Def Tech Sub
Oppo BDP-103|PS3 phat 60gig|PS3 slim120gig|APC H15
New Addition -SVS SB13 Ultra
Old 12-02-2008, 12:27 AM   #26
Special Member

Apr 2007
Toronto, Canada

Sweet! Can't wait to get a hold of this one !
Old 12-02-2008, 12:30 AM   #27
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2006

I'm not going to judge any graphics from that clip.. Waiting for gameplay. That said if it looks the same that as fine as it is still the best looking game this generation. There will be sure to be new animations, moves, etc. all of which are more important to me.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:31 AM   #28
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by saprano View Post
I disagree, i thinks its looks way better than the firts one, but this is only a teaser and they have yet to show gameplay environments so whatever.
trust me man, i want that rumor to be a lie

i wonder if elena will magically get hotter for the sequel lol
Old 12-02-2008, 12:38 AM   #29
Special Member

Jan 2008
Windsor, Ontario

Quote:
Originally Posted by saprano View Post
It's hard to say. That thing was heavily compressed.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:39 AM   #30
Special Member

Jan 2008
Windsor, Ontario

Quote:
i wonder if elena will magically get hotter for the sequel lol
I hope not...>.>
Old 12-02-2008, 12:39 AM   #31
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplayer View Post
It's hard to say. That thing was heavily compressed.
sorry guys..didn't mean to get into a graphics argument here, just going by what the rumor about the game said. lets just be excited its being announced for now!
Old 12-02-2008, 12:41 AM   #32
Special Member

Jan 2008
Windsor, Ontario

Quote:
sorry guys..didn't mean to get into a graphics argument here, just going by what the rumor about the game said. lets just be excited its being announced for now!
No! I wantz argumentz!!!! !!!

Ya, I'm pretty hyped about the game. Hopefully the ending doesn't get toooo silly.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:46 AM   #33

Jun 2008

Cool. I just beat this game a couple weeks ago and it was probably my favorite out right now. I'm going back thru another time around to get the rest of the trophies i missed.

The trailer looks cool. The makers of uncharted have some really good ideas and have really set the bar to how games should be played and how they should look graphics wise.
Life is Good

PSN ID Tsmith13
Old 12-02-2008, 12:49 AM   #34
Expert Member

Jul 2006
West Hartford, CT

yup this game is going to be amazing!
Sony Playstation 4 - Nas2344
Yamaha RX-V473 5.1 CH AV RECEIVER
Energy Take 5.1 classic speakers
Sony XBR55X810c
Panasonic BDMP-BT220
Old 12-02-2008, 12:51 AM   #35
Power Member

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin-Ra View Post
With more stealthy opportunities and maybe some new stealth/cover mechanics maybe melee attacks will come into play more.

Feet meet face!
The first one gave plenty of usage for melee attacks! You just couldn't use it in a group fight.
Pizza Breath in The Nostrils of Love

PSN/EA Origin = Toptube (for BF4)
Old 12-02-2008, 01:04 AM   #36
Super Moderator

Feb 2007

Apart from some obvious spots, it was rarely an attractive enough alternative to me just safely shooting the enemy. I'm sure I play it safer than I need to sometimes. I and I'm sure many others need more temptation to mix things up as the double ammo is never needed.

As for some comparing Uncharted (a whole game to choose the best bits from!) to a relatively blank blizzard scene (and I wouldn't be surprised if the leaker of that rumour did the same) lol. Common sense lacking.

Nice snow displacement effect though.

Last edited by Shin-Ra; 12-02-2008 at 01:09 AM.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:08 AM   #37
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin-Ra View Post

As for some comparing Uncharted (a whole game to choose the best bits from!) to a relatively blank blizzard scene (and I wouldn't be surprised if the leaker of that rumour did the same) lol. Common sense lacking.

Nice snow displacement effect though.
shhh..we already decided to look over that rumor lol, but i bet you're right that they either saw that clip, or forgot what uncharted 1 even looked like. i'm not worried
Old 12-02-2008, 01:32 AM   #38

Aug 2007
Default yeahhh baby!!

WOW! Excellent news, UNCHARTED ROCKS! Can't wait till december 14th! Naughty Dog is king!
Old 12-02-2008, 01:35 AM   #39
Blu-ray Champion

May 2008
Isla Nublar

Not really sure I like the snow levels, because the vivid colors of the jungle are part of what made the first game so great, and it made more sense to find hidden temples in jungles, right?

Also, not too thrilled about the rumor of more stealth based gameplay, because I absolutely hate stealth games (though I'll make exceptions for MGS and Tenchu).

Anyhow, this game isn't being made for me, so I'll live, and hopefully trust Naughty Dog to make something worth playing (and at least give the guy a jacket to wear in the cold).
I don't make monkeys, I just train 'em.
If you're interested, there might be a Donkey Kong kill screen in a couple minutes.
"I have priorities other than blurays." -- some guy that bought movies at Target at 8am, on release day

Don't even think about quoting me
Old 12-02-2008, 02:02 AM   #40
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toptube View Post
The first one gave plenty of usage for melee attacks! You just couldn't use it in a group fight.
I still did it. I'm not too good with the aiming, but I was damn fast at running around hard cover to tag people with melee (which is how I roll in most games).

Anyway, my only worry is that it almost looks like they want to go with a darker, dirtier, grittier Nathan Drake, and I don't want them to pull a Prince of Persia: Warrior Within on this.

Of course, I trust Naughty Dog a lot more than I trust Ubisoft. Naughty Dog never disappoints.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3