Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$9.96

Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey (Blu-ray)
$19.99
5 hrs ago
Fargo: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99

The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$149.99
21 hrs ago
Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$44.99

Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$18.99

True Detective (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Time Bandits (Blu-ray)
$21.99

Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$41.99
21 hrs ago
Sleepy Hollow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
16 hrs ago
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders

Old 02-05-2009, 06:00 AM   #121

Feb 2009
Post Olevia BDP-110 Firmware Upgrade

Hello.

A new firmware update was released Jan 28th I think that fixed the problem with Fox blu-ray titles. I downloaded it and burned the ISO. image files to disc. I was able to update the firmware of the machine. I've since bought Horton hears a Who and it played on my olevia without any problems. It shows beautifully. So, for any who needs to update your player go to the support website. olevia.supportsync.com burn the firmware update to a disc and you should be good to go.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:14 PM   #122

Feb 2009
Default warning!!!! olevia bd player defects !!!

upgraded the player and tested with the two latest firmwares...both are working....however when the player overheats, the screen will turn blank on the hdmi connection...but the rca/analog connection still works. that is why i am returning this player before my receipt expires....
Old 02-15-2009, 02:39 AM   #123

Jan 2009
Middlesex County, NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluraypt View Post
upgraded the player and tested with the two latest firmwares...both are working....however when the player overheats, the screen will turn blank on the hdmi connection...but the rca/analog connection still works. that is why i am returning this player before my receipt expires....
Just curious, but how do you know the player is overheating? Does you feel heat coming out the fan exit in the back? After how many movies?

I've had mine since Nov and I've never had any heat problems, never feels hot at all.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:31 PM   #124

Jan 2009

bp1, if you still need a disc email me with your address and I will shoot ya one!

outofline99@yahoo.com
My Home Theater
http://prosteering.8k.com
Old 03-04-2009, 02:36 PM   #125

Jan 2009

Looks as if the Olivia 110 is no longer available at Target, at least it's no longer on their site!
My Home Theater
Old 03-04-2009, 02:49 PM   #126

Jan 2009
Middlesex County, NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofline View Post
Looks as if the Olivia 110 is no longer available at Target, at least it's no longer on their site!
And it was never sold anywhere else right?
Old 03-04-2009, 09:43 PM   #127

Jan 2009

Never said that, was just making a comment about something I discovered. Hey I'm a 120 owner also it's not like I'm trying to bad mouth it!
My Home Theater

Last edited by outofline; 03-05-2009 at 01:26 AM.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:57 PM   #128

Jan 2009

I found a solution to the lack of Bass Management on the 5.1 output on the Olevia. I ran my front right speaker wire to the Right Speaker Line input on my Subs plate amp and then from the Speaker level out of the sub to the Front Speaker. The LFE channel is on the Left channel RCA input on the sub. I was surprised to see that they both worked at the same time but it really worked and now the Bass problem is solved! You could also run a "Y" RCA connector from your receivers Right Channel 5.1 preamp out "if it has one" directly to the Sub along with the LFE channel to get the full range of bass.
This is only for the owners that have all small speakers and a sub that are using the 5.1 out of the Olevia.
My Home Theater
Old 03-05-2009, 01:24 AM   #129

Jan 2009

Quote:
And it was never sold anywhere else right?
Actually that is a good question, where now can the Olevia BDP-120 or 110 be found? I just searched and can not find any online places!
Are they now discontinuing their Bluray player? I know it was not Olevia's player other then name.
My Home Theater
Old 03-09-2009, 09:10 PM   #130

Mar 2009
Default Olevia Blu ray BDP-110 firmware update Success

We bought this blu ray player for my dad at target for Christmas and we just now got it updated with the firmware and now are enjoying the high quality of the blu ray discs. I tried before to update it but had failed. I found the hardest part of the update is getting the firmware onto a disc. If anyone wants a copy of the disc that holds the firmware update that was successful for us, please let me know.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:01 PM   #131

Jan 2009
Middlesex County, NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofline View Post
Actually that is a good question, where now can the Olevia BDP-120 or 110 be found? I just searched and can not find any online places!
Are they now discontinuing their Bluray player? I know it was not Olevia's player other then name.
Makes me wonder how they will be moving forward with distributing FW updates.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:37 AM   #132

Mar 2009
Default "Unknown Disc"

If you try loading a new disk and after a minute "Unknown Disc" is displayed, turn the unit off, wait about 10 seconds and turn it back on. Many disks will then load and start playing.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:28 AM   #133

Mar 2009
Default It Worked

I actually went through many CD-R s (9!!!) to get it to work. Finally I placed in a CD-R and just copied the files (not the .iso file) the individual files using the Windows XP program. Not Nero, Not Sonic, Not anything out of the ordinary. Didnt finalize it, and what do ya know. The screen went black and the player said it was updating. So keep it simple....just extract the files....put in a CD-R and copy and paste them over and try it. It worked for me.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:03 PM   #134

Apr 2009
Default Vern G

I downloaded a free file called 7zip using their link. I left it open on my screen then copied the update file to my E drive. The Olevia Blu Ray accepted the update (after twice telling it that I wanted it to do so). It went through all the procedures as listed in the update. My new 007 disc is now playing ok when it had been denied before.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:08 AM   #135

Mar 2009
Nor. Cal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vern G View Post
I downloaded a free file called 7zip using their link. I left it open on my screen then copied the update file to my E drive. The Olevia Blu Ray accepted the update (after twice telling it that I wanted it to do so). It went through all the procedures as listed in the update. My new 007 disc is now playing ok when it had been denied before.
Which Bond title is it?
Old 04-20-2009, 12:32 AM   #136

Jan 2009
Send a message via Yahoo to stylus850
Default Olevia BDP-100 Blu-Ray Player....Officially Discontinued!

Well, just to verify it, I asked about it at Target, they said it was discontinued. It went on sale for $169.99 on clearance. Wow, the player only came out in October. Most likely they will release a better one. But I got it for $149 on Christmas week. Has been a great player, but slow loading time. But for the price it was a real bargain, and with the updates, all the blu ray discs now play. But yes, it has officially been discontinued.
Well, if any one wants one, its EBAY time
Old 04-20-2009, 04:20 PM   #137

Jan 2009
Middlesex County, NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylus850 View Post
Well, just to verify it, I asked about it at Target, they said it was discontinued. It went on sale for $169.99 on clearance. Wow, the player only came out in October. Most likely they will release a better one. But I got it for $149 on Christmas week. Has been a great player, but slow loading time. But for the price it was a real bargain, and with the updates, all the blu ray discs now play. But yes, it has officially been discontinued.
Well, if any one wants one, its EBAY time
I wonder if it sold enough to make them offer another Bluray player when you factor in the cost of the support. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this player was only available at Target not any other retailer of Olevia brand TV's?

I am very pleased with mine, especially running the memorex FW which solved my biggest problem with it.
Old 05-23-2009, 04:28 PM   #138

Jan 2009
Middlesex County, NJ

The question now is whether we will ever see another FW update for this player.

Kinda seems unlikely.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:59 PM   #139

Dec 2006
Chandler, AZ

There was a big article here in the Phoenix area, since they are based in Tempe and buy out of Taiwan. Here is the article:

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...llian0524.html

I wouldn't count on any tech support.
LG 55LM-7600 3D LED TV
Pioneer Elite BDP-62FD Blu-Ray Player
Pioneer Elite VSX-51 Receiver
Sony PS3 60GB
Old 06-20-2009, 03:52 AM   #140

Jun 2009

Does anyone have a working link to the latest FW v2.o? I can't play fox movies and olevia is no longer suppoting the player.

Please PM me. Thanks, Derek.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders