Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Willow (Blu-ray)
$11.12
The Faculty (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Hellsing Ultimate: Collection Volumes 5-8 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.97
White Christmas (Blu-ray)
$18.69
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.93
Wrong Turn Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$172.59
Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Simpsons: The Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.96
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies > Hollywood and Celebrities

Old 12-12-2008, 04:20 AM   #1

Sep 2008
Default What celebrities have you met?

Who here has met some reputable actors/actresses/directors/producers/etc.? Where'd you see them at? Was it a good/bad experience?

My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old.
I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced
diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning,
if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while
doing stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:36 AM   #2
Power Member

Mar 2007
Chicago, IL

Dennis Rodman and Jack Haley (former NBA players) they were shopping at the Water Tower mall in Chicago back when Rodman first came to the Bulls. It was meh not really a big deal.

Chris Zorich (was a former NFL Chicago Bears Player) he was walking on Michigan ave in downtown Chicago. He was a really nice guy an class act.

Chris Webber( fomrer NBA Player) also shopping at Water Tower in Chicago on a different day. Neither good or bad more like whatever

The Lead singer of Cafe Tacuba (A mexican rock band) at Mexico's international airport this past summer. He was nice but shy and let my brother and I take a pciture with him.

I was also walking around the area where Wanted was being filmed and Angelina was in town but could not get a chance to meet her as authories were trying to clear the area.

My friend got to meet some of the cast of the Dark Knight while they were filming here in Chicago

Last edited by Lsalas76; 12-12-2008 at 04:39 AM.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:42 AM   #3

Oct 2008
Central Jersey

I met Carrot Top he was working out at a gym i worked at he seem pretty personable i didn't want to bother him though. I also met Mike and Julia from the Morning Show they were Great. And about half the people in the Bally Total Fitness commercials i worked with and they are all awesome. Sorry No one outstanding
Sharp 46" Aquos 46D64 Calibrated
Sony PS3 80Gig MGS4 Package
Sony DAV-HDX265 HT in a BOX (Want to Sell)
Def Tech BP6B (not hooked up)
PS3 Games-5
Blu-Rays-33 And building everyday
Old 12-12-2008, 04:51 AM   #4

Nov 2008

I met Steve Lemme and Erik Stolhanske of Broken Lizard. They were at the Capitol Hill Block Party in Seattle promoting Beerfest and later introduced the Murder City Devils for their reunion show.
I met a bunch of bands as well....
Old 12-12-2008, 04:53 AM   #5
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
San Antonio

Never met a celebrity and don't care really because they're people too who work for a living.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:54 AM   #6

Jan 2008
California
Send a message via AIM to tuco87

I was at a taping of Mad TV and shook Bobby Lee's and Ike Barinholtz's hand. It was pretty damn funny because they were joking around and Ike pantsed Bobby and everyone saw his ass... hahahaha

Edit: I also met Amber Tamblyn and America Ferrera when Hilary Clinton was still campaigning. America was eh, but Amber was really cool. I'll always remember that she commented on me having an iPhone, wishing she had one. She said she had a "lowly" T-mobile sidekick. Pretty cool down-to-earth chick if you ask me.

320 GB PS3 + 8 games
Sony BDP-S550
Onkyo TX-SR606
100 Blu-rays
PSN ID: Tuco7

"El respeto al derecho ajeno, es la paz." -Benito Juarez

Last edited by tuco87; 12-12-2008 at 04:57 AM.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:55 AM   #7
Expert Member

Mar 2008
Grand Rapids, MI

I met George Wendt (Norm from Cheers). I was visiting a friend who lives in the northern part of the lower peninsula of Michigan. We went to a local ice-cream shop called the Whippi Dip, and he pulled up in a van. The owner told everyone who he was and said he hated to be called Norm. So, we called him George and told him we were fans of Cheers, (which had just finished its long run at the time) and he shook our hands, got ice-cream and left.

That's the only story I've got. Although I did see Keanu Reeves at an airport. Didn't meet him though.

Wait... I got an "up-nod" from George Thorogood once.
"There's a good wrestler, and a bad wrestler whom he confronts at the end. In between, the good wrestler has a love interest or a child he has to protect. Bill would usually make the good wrestler a backwoods type, or a convict. And sometimes, instead of a waif, he'd have the wrestler protecting an idiot manchild. The studio always hated that. Oh, some of the scripts were so... spirited!"
Old 12-12-2008, 04:57 AM   #8

Oct 2008
Central Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-ray Fanatic View Post
Never met a celebrity and don't care really because they're people too who work for a living.
Yes they are people sometimes more interesting than non-famous people which is why we have TMZ
Sharp 46" Aquos 46D64 Calibrated
Sony PS3 80Gig MGS4 Package
Sony DAV-HDX265 HT in a BOX (Want to Sell)
Def Tech BP6B (not hooked up)
PS3 Games-5
Blu-Rays-33 And building everyday
Old 12-12-2008, 05:00 AM   #9
Expert Member

Jan 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Send a message via AIM to FilmmakingFiasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa412 View Post
I met Steve Lemme and Erik Stolhanske of Broken Lizard. They were at the Capitol Hill Block Party in Seattle promoting Beerfest and later introduced the Murder City Devils for their reunion show.
I met a bunch of bands as well....
I met Erik Stolhanske earlier this summer when he stayed at the hotel I was working at. Nice guy.
The more successful the villain, the more successful the picture. -Alfred Hitchcock
Old 12-12-2008, 05:04 AM   #10

Nov 2008
San Francisco Bay Area, CA

Met Jackie Chan in Hong Kong while eating dinner a few years ago and another Chinese Pop Star in Los Angeles, Jay Chou, also while eating dinner. Jackie Chan was fine. Jay was terrible.
320GB PS3 Slim | 250GB Xbox 360 S | Sony BDP-S360 | Samsung 46" 3D LCD | 59 PlayStation 3 Games (as of January 30th) | 5 Xbox 360 Games (as of November 28th, 08) | 4 Wii Games (as of August 2nd, 09) | Apple TV | Logitech Harmony One |
Old 12-12-2008, 05:09 AM   #11

Jul 2008
Bellevue, WA

Met Marcus Trufant and Josh Brown (both from the Seahawks although now Josh Brown kicks for the Rams )when I worked at Lowe's. Josh was looking for some tools and a few weeks later Marcus got some paint for his daughters bedroom. Both were really cool but, I got to help Marcus and his wife pick out the colors and make the paint for them since that was my department.
TV: Sony - 42" KDF-E42A10
Receiver: Onkyo - TX-SR705
Speakers: Onkyo - SKS-HT540 7.1 Speakers
Blu-ray Player: PS3 Slim - 160 GB
Remote: Harmony - 670
PSN: Tomack
------------------------------------------------------
Alan Garner "Tigers love pepper... they hate cinnamon."
Old 12-12-2008, 05:09 AM   #12

Dec 2008
OLYMPIC TOWN! Vancouver, B.C., Canada

I met Bill Bixby when I was a kid when he was filming Death of the Incredible Hulk in my hometown. I also met Brian Dennehy when I was an extra for a tv series called Birdland in 1994 that ended up getting cancelled. Sat behind him in a church for the scene and had a long talk with him....well, as long a talk as you can when you're 14!

Last edited by Blu_balls; 12-12-2008 at 05:30 AM.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:16 AM   #13
Power Member

Nov 2007
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGT500 View Post
Met Marcus Trufant and Josh Brown (both from the Seahawks although now Josh Brown kicks for the Rams )when I worked at Lowe's. Josh was looking for some tools and a few weeks later Marcus got some paint for his daughters bedroom. Both were really cool but, I got to help Marcus and his wife pick out the colors and make the paint for them since that was my department.
Did you happen to tell Trufant that he's being paid like a #1 DB so he should also play like a #1 DB?

I'm not sure it there are any Hip Hop heads in here but I met my favorite Hip Hop artist few weeks ago while I was shopping at the Glendale Galleria outside of L.A. None other than NaS! He signed a copy of Illmatic for me.
Blu-Ray Wish List:
Dinner Rush

Last edited by DeeChizzle; 12-12-2008 at 05:23 AM.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:19 AM   #14

Jul 2008
Bellevue, WA

HAHA! Well when I met him he was playing as a #1 as this was last year when he went to the probowl.
TV: Sony - 42" KDF-E42A10
Receiver: Onkyo - TX-SR705
Speakers: Onkyo - SKS-HT540 7.1 Speakers
Blu-ray Player: PS3 Slim - 160 GB
Remote: Harmony - 670
PSN: Tomack
------------------------------------------------------
Alan Garner "Tigers love pepper... they hate cinnamon."
Old 12-12-2008, 05:22 AM   #15
Power Member

Nov 2007
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGT500 View Post
HAHA! Well when I met him he was playing as a #1 as this was last year when he went to the probowl.
Seems like that season was so long ago.
Blu-Ray Wish List:
Dinner Rush
Old 12-12-2008, 05:22 AM   #16
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2008
Middletown, RI (MEMBER OF THE "ECPP")
Default a few over the years...

Mostly Music & some TV people over the years. Just happened to be in the right place at the right times (I Love music/concerts/movies) - So here is the "LIST", lol -

Linda Grey (tv's "Dallas") when I was in the Navy, she came onboard for a show we did outside the Restoration of the Statue of Liberty (early-mid 80's), members of Aerosmith a Few times ("WALK THIS WAY" book signing, also, after a NY's Eve show in Boston), Lorrie Morgan (country singer), Martina McBride, SHANIA TWAIN (Gorgeous/Sexxxy, but tiny!), the guys from Gov't Mule a few times, Steve Carrell ("The Office") while he was in Rhode Island a year or so ago (came into my CVS--p/time job--a few times, no "entourage" at all---very cool regular guy), Claire Danes (same CVS store) a couple years back shopping w/her g/f's, Tim Stack (yes, at CVS again--his son I think goes to College in the area, maybe in Mass.?--actor, was on Howard Stern's "Son of the Beach" show---very very nice guy), members of Little Feat (a bunch of times--love that band!), the members of YES, & at a solo show, Steve Howe (YES guitarist), George Thorogood, all members of TESLA (AWESOME band, AWESOME Guys, very down to earth, no egos)

Matthew McConaughey & STEVEN SPIELBERG when they were in town (Newport, RI) filming "AMISTAD" in 1996. Shook their hands between takes of a courthouse scene, they were walking the line of people behind the roped off area (for filming). Spielberg was soooo regular and cool and nice, very friendly. Actually he and his wife Kate Capshaw went to the movies quite a few times while they were in town. My friend and his wife ran into them Literally like 2-3 times at the theater! And No, no bodyguards or security. Just them & their kids.

I'm probably forgetting a few but I think that's plenty, right?!
* Boston, MA. - 8 Sports Titles/11 Yrs!! (02-13) *

POLK AUDIO: "LIVE IT, BREATHE IT, LOVE IT, BELIEVE IT!"
* TV: 70" SHARP 3D/LC-70UQ17U - POLK AUDIO - "7.2" - Center: CS2 - Front: T90e's
Surrounds: FXi A6's (Side), A3's (Rear) - Subs: 2 PA-120's *
ONKYO TX-NR838 DOLBY ATMOS (Ready) - OPPO BDP-83 - DirecTV: HR-44 HD-DVR - Harmony ONE
* BLU-RAYS: 945 *
Old 12-12-2008, 05:44 AM   #17

Oct 2007

I was at a piano bar in the village a few weeks ago and met Justin Long, we were singing and drinking until 4am (there were only about 10 people there.) He was a was really nice guy!
I met Alfonso Ribiero once when someone screamed my name walking in New York, except it wasn't me they were screaming at as it was him next to me.
I met Andrew Lloyd Webber once but I was the only one who actually recognized who he was.
I have met lots of broadway stars at the stage door of broadway theaters after a show, the most famous from movies being Kevin Spacey and Vanessa Williams, both of whom were very nice and signing autographs for everyone who wanted (not something I care about though.)
My great-uncle was the voice of George Jetson (I met him once before he died.)
Old 12-12-2008, 05:56 AM   #18

Sep 2008

I've met over a hundred celebs for sure and been in the presence of many more. Probably half were in a professional manner where names were exchanged and the other half in the course of doing business. All except for maybe three or so were friendly and pleasant - or at the very least they pretty much kept to themselves.

Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey are a couple of stand-outs with how much they'd interact with my staff. I remember Elijah Wood sitting in front of the theatre sharing a cigarette with a couple of my staff and he was always cool.

In some people's minds the biggest "name" I've met would be Barbara Streisand but in my mind it's the Directors I've met that stand out. People like Nick Park, Steven Soderbergh, Tom Tykwer, Greg Araki, Carl Reiner and one in particular - Mr. Mel Brooks -

From the first time I met him and his wife Anne Bancroft he always remembered my name, we'd "shoot the shit" on his return visits and they would always introduce me to their friends.

I guess there is one actor I've met that left me in awe and that was Richard Harris.

Apart from Mel Brooks I never had much to talk about with anyone else that wasn't technical - but that's just my nature. Tho' I did get a nice, long backrub from one Director during the last reel of his movie...
Old 12-12-2008, 06:07 AM   #19

Nov 2008

I have met Shaq, Ashley Simpson, Jude Law, Gary Coleman, Ladainian tomlinson from the Chargers and Tom Hanks. The first five are from sea world I use to work in those little photobooths from the rides and I met Tom Hanks at a New Years Eve party. everybody was really cool except for Gary Coleman he was a total jerk
Old 12-12-2008, 06:20 AM   #20
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2008
Bay Area 510!!!
Arrow

Ive worked at a few hotels and heres my list of ppl ive met, Beyonce and Missy Eliot durring the ladies tour.. Alicia Keys was at another hotel so I didnt get to see her... and let me tell you... Beyonce... I stayed hidden behind the front desk for a good 5 minutes after her seeing her walk away ...

Met Sinbad while his son was having surgery at a local high class clinic, he was really cool.. gave me a $100 tip when he checked out... I was like Sweeeet!...

Working in a hotel you meet all kinds of ppl, met Eddie House who currently plays for Boston Celtics, a few no name Raider players & former coach John Gruden... Met Mihlan Mahalek who currely plays for San Jose Sharks.. He just purchased a Porsche from the dealership I work at...

Best day of my life was when I met Barry Bonds, I won an online contest to meet him & 4 tickets, got to go on the field and hang out with him, it was when they played the Yankees too... Saw A-rod, Derek Jeter other Giants and Yankess players as well... other celebs I met that day on the field was Billy Crystal, Robin Williams, Rodney Peete and Holly Robinson Peete... It was my birthday too... and for anyone who doesnt belive me... pm me... I have photos to prove it , I dont care what anyone says about him, he is one the coolest ppl ive ever met!!! not only that, Barry gave me an autographed Baseball bat, & he hit a Homerun that day!!! best day of my life!!!
When i got home that evening, I went straight to the garage and practiced my draw and SHOUT techniques as well as my roll, somersault and aim drills and made myself a promise that I would never ever be caught off-guard again.-dfinch

SF GIANTS 2010 & 2012 WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!!!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies > Hollywood and Celebrities