Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Ender's Game (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Diary of a Wimpy Kid Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$16.98
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Gravity (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Reality Bites (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Ripper Street: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Weird Science (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Ocean Giants (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Pacific Rim 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
8-Film Action Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Goonies (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Despicable Me 2 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Planet Earth | Life (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Hammerhead (Blu-ray)
$7.49
Beetlejuice (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Old 04-10-2007, 02:00 AM   #1

Apr 2007
Default best place to buy blu-ray dvd's?

i'm looking to make a large one-time purchase of all the blue-ray dvd's that i want that are available right now in a bulk package. that way, as they come out each week i can just buy one or two to add to my collection and build up my library. that way it doesn't seem like i'm spending that much if i only get a couple at a time. i have to tell this to myself to rationalize my spending. so please just tell me i am right. does anyone have any recommendations or websites/places that have purchased or seen offered discounts or price breaks if there are multiple dvd's all bought at the same time? i know they usually cut a break on shipping but just curious if anyone knew of something. i'd really appreciate if you could offer anything you might know. thanks alot
Old 04-10-2007, 02:22 AM   #2
Special Member

Mar 2007

Amazon.com usually has good prices, from what I have found. If you spend over a certain amount (I think $25), you get free shipping. Check buy.com and some other etailers. Also, I will sell you Babel for $5 less than you can find it anywhere else, if you're wanting that movie. If you're interested in that, just email me the link to the cheapest you found so I can see.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:30 AM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2007
Lakeland,FL
Send a message via AIM to dgator783

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymac32 View Post
i'm looking to make a large one-time purchase of all the blue-ray dvd's that i want that are available right now in a bulk package. that way, as they come out each week i can just buy one or two to add to my collection and build up my library. that way it doesn't seem like i'm spending that much if i only get a couple at a time. i have to tell this to myself to rationalize my spending. so please just tell me i am right. does anyone have any recommendations or websites/places that have purchased or seen offered discounts or price breaks if there are multiple dvd's all bought at the same time? i know they usually cut a break on shipping but just curious if anyone knew of something. i'd really appreciate if you could offer anything you might know. thanks alot
On ebay, you can usually find someone who is selling a nice lot of blu rays of 10 or more for at least 15 bucks a blu ray. Just keep an eye on that. Most people stay away from spending 150 to 300 bucks on a one time blu ray purchase from ebay but just make sure the person as a very good rating of a 1000 or more and at last 99.9 percent rating so u know ur getting a legit deal.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:40 AM   #4
Special Member

Jan 2007
San Diego, CA
Send a message via Yahoo to jermwhl

You may also want to contact the retailers/etailers. Alot of them will not advertise, but will offer you a bulk discount if your making large purchases. Generally not large chain retailers, but smaller stores will do it.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:47 AM   #5

Jan 2007
San Diego, CA

Not good for mom and pop America, but Wal-Mart has best prices on Blu-ray. If it isn't in the stores, you can most likely get it online.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:12 AM   #6

Apr 2007

thanks alot guys so far. taking everyone's advice and hoping for good results so i can get this collection going....
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America