Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, From $3.99 »
Now: Coraline $7.39 (99% sold out)
Now: ParaNorman $8.79 (95% sold out)
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$27.99
2 hrs ago
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.99
2 hrs ago
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$149.99
2 hrs ago
The Newsroom: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99
2 hrs ago
The Walking Dead: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
2 hrs ago
Downton Abbey: Seasons 1, 2, 3 & 4 (Blu-ray)
$39.99
11 hrs ago
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 6 (Blu-ray)
$31.99

Band of Brothers (Blu-ray)
$22.99
2 hrs ago
How to Train Your Dragon 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
10 hrs ago
The Avengers (Blu-ray)
$9.99
2 hrs ago
Transformers: Age of Extinction (Blu-ray)
$13.00
2 hrs ago
The Pacific (Blu-ray)
$22.99
2 hrs ago

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 04-19-2007, 09:59 AM   #1

Apr 2007
Default Say thanks to Warner Bros. for Blood Diamond

Finally Warner takes a step in the right direction. Let them know you appreciate it and hopefully this will be the start of a trend:

Here's where to contact them, hit all three:

IF YOU get an ERROR page on either of the forms, just hit the "Retry" button on your browser.

Customer Service Form - http://www2.warnerbros.com/web/main...mer_service.jsp
Choose "DVD / Video" from the pulldown menu.

Email Address - customerservice@wb.com

It is possible that they are floating a balloon with this release, and it is important that you tell them how great a policy it would be. Tell them how happy you are to see Blood Diamond on Blu-ray.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:47 AM   #2

Mar 2007
Ayase-Shi, Japan

I'll show them by just buying a copy.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:05 AM   #3

Oct 2006

Why would you thank them for giving you half of what will be on the HD DVD release for the same price?

Because they're releasing it now instead of later?

I'm just trying to understand. Both will be the same price but the HD DVD gets IME with all the special features & the Blu-ray will be just the movie no extras for the same price as the HD DVD.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:40 AM   #4

Apr 2007

Hmmm... That's worrying. Surely the sensible thing for Warners to do is issue identical editions on both formats. Does this mean they lean more towards HD-DVD than BD? (I ask that as a genuine question, as I really am not up on who supports what, other than that Warners seem to be one of the companies issuing on both formats.)
Old 04-19-2007, 11:58 AM   #5
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2006
Switzerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best of Both Worlds View Post
Hmmm... That's worrying. Surely the sensible thing for Warners to do is issue identical editions on both formats. Does this mean they lean more towards HD-DVD than BD? (I ask that as a genuine question, as I really am not up on who supports what, other than that Warners seem to be one of the companies issuing on both formats.)
Warner is most obiously favouring HD-DVD. The only real treat they gave us is The Departded. On most (if not all, I'm not quite sure) they ported the same VC1 encode from HD-DVD to BD yet, despite the fact that there is more storage, didn't include a lossless audio stream, Happy Feet being the latest example. So let's hope with the anouncment of a lossless track for 'Letters' this will change for good. I couldn't care less for IME and online functions, just give me the movie with the best PQ and AQ possible.

Last edited by HDJK; 04-19-2007 at 12:00 PM.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:19 PM   #6
Site Manager

Aug 2006
USiberia

Many BD owners (tho not all) have stated they don't care that much about the IME, and that all they want is to watch THE NOVIE in high quality. I guess, there's 2 different demographics between BD fansand HD DVD fans
Old 04-19-2007, 01:36 PM   #7
Expert Member

Jan 2006

A step in the right direction can only be a 50gb high bitrate, high bandwidth version with PCM or DD THD on it for BD.....anything less is unacceptable.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:39 PM   #8
Power Member

Mar 2007
Toronto, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by marine92104 View Post
I'm just trying to understand. Both will be the same price but the HD DVD gets IME with all the special features & the Blu-ray will be just the movie no extras for the same price as the HD DVD.
I'm paying for THE MOVIE not the IME junk....so since the extras is valueless to me your price comparison between the 2 is meaningless.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:40 PM   #9
Power Member

Mar 2007
Toronto, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP View Post
A step in the right direction can only be a 50gb high bitrate, high bandwidth version with PCM or DD THD on it for BD.....anything less is unacceptable.
AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Warner does this, I am in and will be thanking them with a purchase....
Old 04-19-2007, 01:40 PM   #10

Nov 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deciazulado View Post
Many BD owners (tho not all) have stated they don't care that much about the IME, and that all they want is to watch THE NOVIE in high quality. I guess, there's 2 different demographics between BD fansand HD DVD fans
I agree, all the polls were overwhelmingly "give us movies not, screw IME"! I am happy that Warner decided to release it now in stead of in November (or whenever BD's IME is ready). Just give us PCM or TrueHD and everything is perfectly fine, cause I really don't care if one version has a little more extras as the other (as long as they have them)!

This is a step in the right direction by Warner if you ask me!
Old 04-19-2007, 01:49 PM   #11

Apr 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deciazulado View Post
Well, for me image and sound quality are paramount. The interactive features are nice to have, though when these kind of features were included on DVDs, I never actually used them... These releases should however, be like for like on BD and HD-DVD, and it certainly does point to Warners favouring the latter, particularly considering that BD is the format with the larger data capacity...
Old 04-19-2007, 05:31 PM   #12

Apr 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best of Both Worlds View Post
, though when these kind of features were included on DVDs, I never actually used them...

Exactly! Who cares if the HDDVD version lets you vote in polls online? I (at one point before selling manyh of them) had over 500 DVDs and almost never watched the "extras". To me, and it seems many others, picture and audio quality are the most important.

Seriously I would much rather have V for Vendetta, Matrix, and Batman Begins now, than wait for November for a few minor features I'll never use.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:03 PM   #13

Feb 2007
Angry Sony Get Your Act Together!!!

All Sony needs to do is get there act together and fix there bd-java so Warner will release them all.Dont blame Warner.Get your emails out to Sony.Its about time these things are no longer an issue.Your trying to sell a new format and your sleeping on the technology.I have my Sony player and paid good money for it and I have to wait untill they get there act together.I love Blu-ray and have over 60 or so titles I felt are worth having in High Def.But dont make me wait to long for my titles cause Ill find them somewhere else.Matrix on high def makes me want to pick up a hd-dvd player and go dual.Especially as cheap as the players are now.They need to get agressive and NOW!!!before people jump ship.Thats just my opinion.I will allways buy Blu Ray first but dont test my patience.Lifes to short.movieeddie
Old 04-19-2007, 06:05 PM   #14
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2006
Oceanside, CA.
Send a message via ICQ to BTBuck1 Send a message via AIM to BTBuck1 Send a message via MSN to BTBuck1 Send a message via Yahoo to BTBuck1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuttler007 View Post
I'll show them by just buying a copy.
Ditto.
I'll also show them as a dual format owner that IME & Web based features are lame And that I have little faith in HDDVD, by buying the Blu-ray format.
Blu-ray Disc Supporter: PS3 60gb/Oppo BDP-93 3D, dual HDMI
HD DVD: Toshiba HD-A30,A2/Xbox360 add on (boxed HD-A1)
Samsung LN46B750 LCD 1080p/240hz
Sony kdl55hx729 1080p/240hz local dimming 3DLED
:myspace.com/bluraydisc: :blurayoasis:
Old 04-19-2007, 06:27 PM   #15

Apr 2007

Better to have released than to never have released at all.

I'll take the BD as is. If you want Warners to produce more BD titles you shouldn't castrate them for trying. BD-J has a higher learning curve than HDi but will be capable of so much more.
Sony PS3 60GB
Toshiba 62MX196 DLP (rolling old school) :)
Samsung HD841 DVD 1080i (rolling even older school)
You can't say I'm biased. I like Blu-Ray.

Learn more about the PS3: http://cag.csail.mit.edu/ps3/lectures.shtml
Old 04-19-2007, 06:32 PM   #16
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2006
www.blurayoasis.com
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP View Post
+++
Old 04-19-2007, 06:32 PM   #17
Special Member

Jun 2006

I wanted this day and date, but I'll still be happy to pick it up on June 5th, I just hope there is a lossless audio track. The BD version WILL outsell the HD-DVD version with or without extras.
Blu-ray Disc Collection- I don't think I can count that high...

Main Viewing Space: Samsung LN52a750/Denon AVR-2309/Polk TSi400/Polk CS10/Polk TSi100/Polk RM85/Polk PSW125/Sony BDP-S350/PS3/XBOX 360/Wii

Secondary Viewing Space: Samsung UN46C5000/Denon AVR-2307/Polk RM6750/BDP-S350

My Home Theater Gallery Thread
Old 04-19-2007, 06:34 PM   #18

Apr 2007

What ever happened to patience being a virtue?
Sony PS3 60GB
Toshiba 62MX196 DLP (rolling old school) :)
Samsung HD841 DVD 1080i (rolling even older school)
You can't say I'm biased. I like Blu-Ray.

Learn more about the PS3: http://cag.csail.mit.edu/ps3/lectures.shtml
Old 04-19-2007, 06:36 PM   #19
Power Member

Dec 2006
Middle East,Lebanon

I dont care about some special extras including PIP

All i care about is PQ and SQ ,finally we are watching a movie and not game with questions and answers or whatever is belong too

For whom is going to buy HD-DVD do you think when it is released with this special extras is not going to make you some painful.I mean here is going to work on your HD-DVD player Straight forward.

I submerge in HD because of PQ and SQ

i choose BD and as a result :

BD has the PQ with suitable maximise bit rate whatever codecs are used

and SQ of course it is PCM and first notch no one can surpass it.

this is what i'm looking for at the end.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:37 PM   #20
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2006
www.blurayoasis.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDViewer View Post
What ever happened to patience being a virtue?

You're talking to a forum of mostly early adopters.

'Nuff said?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America