Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Hunger Games 4-Film Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$22.99
U2: iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Live in Paris (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Divergent Series: Allegiant (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.49
Independence Day (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Captain America: Civil War 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Dirty Grandpa (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Chinatown (Blu-ray)
$6.99
Now You See Me 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Princess Mononoke (Blu-ray)
$14.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 12-28-2013, 05:05 PM   #1

Jun 2012
Ohio
Default Montauk Chronicles - 01/14/14

Source/Pre-order Link - http://www.mtkchronicles.com/index.html

IMDB Page - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1661066/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Monta...s/159691960663

Synopsis -
Quote:
It has been referred to as Area 51 east... Montauk is a remote U.S. town located on the very eastern tip of Long Island, New York. High on a hill above the rocky waters of the Atlantic Ocean looms a giant rusted radar tower. It's a ghost relic of the past that local fishermen use as a marker to help guide their ships safely to shore. The old military tower is also a landmark for what once was an active Camp Hero Air Force Base.

The base has a recorded history that dates back to the revolutionary war. During world World War II Camp Hero was used as a defense station and was equipped with giant mark seven cannons that were loaded and ready in the event of a Nazi attack. There are those who say that in the 1970’s the base was used for a much different purpose.

Montauk Chronicles is the story of three men who claim they were brainwashed and forced against their will by a clandestine organization to take part in secret experiments. Evil atrocities are said to have occurred deep beneath the surface of the Camp Hero Air Force base.

Alfred Bielek, Stewart Swerdlow, And Preston Nichols all tell tales of experiments that were conducted on nearly one hundred thousand people over the course of about ten years. Kidnappings, murder, torture, time travel, mind control, and extra terrestrial contact are all said to have occurred at Camp Hero.

Montauk Chronicles is the very first and honest (cinematic) examination of the Camp Hero Legends. It raises many questions of our place in the universe and what the future may hold for humanity.

It's an entertaining journey into the unknown and a study of fear, lies, paranoia and the truth.
Blu-ray Special Features -
Quote:
"Montauk: Investigating Legends" Documentary By Erik Swanson
Deleted Scenes
Director's Introduction
"Alien Creations" (Featuring East Coast Effects)
Interviews With Cast, Crew and Director
Interviews With All Subjects From The Movie, Including Alfred Bielek, Preston Nichols, and Stewart Swerdlow
Radio And Podcast Interviews With Christopher P. Garetano
"U.F.O.'s: The Credibility Factor"
Trailer -
Blu-ray Wishlist: Carrie (Remastered), Fright Night Part II, April Fool's Day, May, Shock Treatment, Sisters, The Watcher in the Woods, Welcome to the Dollhouse, Just One of the Guys, Ghost World, Drop Dead Gorgeous, Addams Family Values, The Brady Bunch Movie 1&2, Mommie Dearest, Valley of the Dolls 1&2, The Other Sister, It's Pat: The Movie, Pretty Persuasion, Saved!, All John Waters' Films.

Last edited by Donnaholic89; 12-28-2013 at 05:08 PM.
Old 12-28-2013, 05:50 PM   #2

Jun 2012
Ohio

I tried to add the film to the database, but I apparently just don't understand how to do it... Lol.
Blu-ray Wishlist: Carrie (Remastered), Fright Night Part II, April Fool's Day, May, Shock Treatment, Sisters, The Watcher in the Woods, Welcome to the Dollhouse, Just One of the Guys, Ghost World, Drop Dead Gorgeous, Addams Family Values, The Brady Bunch Movie 1&2, Mommie Dearest, Valley of the Dolls 1&2, The Other Sister, It's Pat: The Movie, Pretty Persuasion, Saved!, All John Waters' Films.
Old 12-28-2013, 07:28 PM   #3
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnaholic89 View Post
I tried to add the film to the database, but I apparently just don't understand how to do it... Lol.
http://www.blu-ray.com/products/?c=7&action=addproduct
Old 12-28-2013, 09:04 PM   #4
Blu-ray Baron

Jan 2011
Angel Grove, NY

Ah... Montauk, my home...
I'm gonna get this just because of that!
Looking for the following:
- Game of Thrones: Season 1: HBO Shop Bonus Disk
- DigiBooks of the following: Exorcist, 300, Willy Wonka, Alexander, The Bridge ot River Kwai, Falling Down, Alien Anthology, Goodfellas, Cinderella, Dark Knight Rises
- Star Wars: Episodes 2 & 3's DVD Bonus Disk
- Star Wars: A Musical Journey Bonus DVD
- 2004 DVD Return of the Jedi (WideScreen)
Selling Thread: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=268977
Old 12-29-2013, 12:01 AM   #5

Jun 2012
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaineKinetic View Post
Ah... Montauk, my home...
I'm gonna get this just because of that!
That's cool. So, I have to ask... Did you ever hear anything about the topics in the film? I had never heard anything until I saw the trailer. I think it looks pretty interesting
Old 12-29-2013, 12:09 AM   #6
Blu-ray Baron

Jan 2011
Angel Grove, NY

Quote:
That's cool. So, I have to ask... Did you ever hear anything about the topics in the film? I had never heard anything until I saw the trailer. I think it looks pretty interesting
I've not seen the film.
But I have heard about the Interdimensional/Time Travel and other "experiments" that were supposedly taking place there.
- DigiBooks of the following: Exorcist, 300, Willy Wonka, Alexander, The Bridge ot River Kwai, Falling Down, Alien Anthology, Goodfellas, Cinderella, Dark Knight Rises
Old 12-29-2013, 02:10 AM   #7

Jun 2012
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaineKinetic View Post
I've not seen the film.
But I have heard about the Interdimensional/Time Travel and other "experiments" that were supposedly taking place there.
Man, that's creepy. Lol. I can't believe I had never heard anything about it until I saw the trailer!
Old 12-29-2013, 03:08 AM   #8

May 2009
Omaha, NE

Looks interesting. I'm not usually too into the alien/science conspiracy theory stuff, but the trailer was pretty solid. They got my pre-order.
PSN Handle: chetripley80
Old 12-29-2013, 04:06 AM   #9
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2008
San Francisco, CA

Such as The Montauk Monster
On His Majesty's Imperial Service
Old 12-29-2013, 04:37 AM   #10
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2007

The blu-ray cover art for Montauk Chronicles.

Old 12-29-2013, 04:09 PM   #11
Blu-ray Baron

Jan 2011
Angel Grove, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Bond View Post

I remember when this "washed up"
It was just after the "BearPigMan" in another state!
Old 12-29-2013, 04:37 PM   #12

Jun 2012
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdodolak View Post
The blu-ray cover art for Montauk Chronicles.

Sweet! Thank you. Did you get this from the official site? I tried to find one, but all I could get were super small ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Bond View Post

Haha! I forgot all about that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetripley80 View Post
Looks interesting. I'm not usually too into the alien/science conspiracy theory stuff, but the trailer was pretty solid. They got my pre-order.
Me, too. The trailer gave me some chills. Creepy alien films are my weakness. Lol.

Quote:
Oh, okay. Thank you. I'm going to have to sit down and see if I can figure this out soon. It looks slightly confusing
Old 12-29-2013, 04:42 PM   #13
Blu-ray Duke

Aug 2013
Boston,MA.

The Montauk Monster was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the title of this thread.
Old 12-29-2013, 04:52 PM   #14
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2007

Quote:
Sweet! Thank you. Did you get this from the official site? I tried to find one, but all I could get were super small ones.
It came directly from the Montauk Chronices facebook page. They posted it a while back in one of their postings and as you can see this one includes the UPC on the cover; all the rest I've seen had an empty white area where the UPC would go.

Quote:
Oh, okay. Thank you. I'm going to have to sit down and see if I can figure this out soon. It looks slightly confusing
Once you have a chance to sit down and fill out the fields you'll see that it's quite easy and not so confusing.

Last edited by rdodolak; 12-29-2013 at 05:39 PM.
Old 12-29-2013, 05:36 PM   #15

Jun 2012
Ohio

Quote:
It came directly from the Montauk Chronices facebook page. They posted it a while back in one of their posting and as you can see this one includes the UPC on the cover; all the rest I've seen had an empty white area were the UPC would go.

Once you have a chance to sit down and fill out the fields you'll see that it's quite easy and not so confusing.
Well, I submitted it. I tried. Lol. There were a lot of things I didn't know, but hopefully it worked.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:50 PM   #16
Power Member

Oct 2012
Northeastern Pennsylvania

What do you guys think the odds are of this being at any retailers? Being from LI and digging this kind of stuff, I'd love to get this but I'm not really feeling paying $27 f or it
Old 12-29-2013, 09:10 PM   #17
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonschmidt View Post
What do you guys think the odds are of this being at any retailers? Being from LI and digging this kind of stuff, I'd love to get this but I'm not really feeling paying $27 f or it
Slim to none. I'm not even sure if this even has a UPC code. At least the cover art doesn't show any. The studio probably authored a small batch of these to sell on the site

edit: It does have a UPC code, but I still think the chances of it being at any major retailer are probably very low

Last edited by MifuneFan; 12-29-2013 at 09:21 PM.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:17 PM   #18
Power Member

Oct 2012

Well I guess $27 is the only way then
Old 12-29-2013, 09:22 PM   #19
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonschmidt View Post
Well I guess $27 is the only way then
I was mistaken about the UPC code, it does have one. I still get the impression that it's only a small production though, but I think it might be best to just contact the website and ask whether it'll be sold anywhere else
Old 12-29-2013, 10:18 PM   #20
Power Member

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
I was mistaken about the UPC code, it does have one. I still get the impression that it's only a small production though, but I think it might be best to just contact the website and ask whether it'll be sold anywhere else
Good sugestion thanks. I like to support these smaller companies/film makers so maybe ill just bite the bullet and preorder
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Tags
aliens, documentary, horror, sci-fi, ufo