Best Blu-ray Deals

Black Friday Week is Live, $3.99 Blu-ray Movies »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Masters of Sex: Season One (Blu-ray)
$14.96
12 hrs ago
Lone Survivor (Blu-ray)
$7.99

Son of Batman (Blu-ray)
$8.00
14 hrs ago
Person of Interest: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99

X-Men: First Class (Blu-ray)
$3.99

The Avengers (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99

You Only Live Twice (Blu-ray)
$3.99
12 hrs ago
Rise of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$3.99

The Princess Bride (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 6 (Blu-ray)
$31.99

House of Cards: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$14.96

The Terminator (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Old 03-25-2009, 04:22 AM   #1
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
Panem
Send a message via AIM to Darth Anakin Send a message via Yahoo to Darth Anakin
Arrow Red Belt

Just a movie I located by accident, worth a blind buy or not?
Cowboys fan cautiously hoping for the best
My twitter - terribleomens19
Old 03-25-2009, 04:24 AM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2008

It's worth a rent, don't know if i would buy though.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:26 AM   #3

Sep 2008
NJ

I love the film, it was a day one purchase. I would rent it first just in case.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:46 AM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008

It is a GREAT film, but it won't be to everybodies liking. The action junkies will be disappointed, but those wanting a thoughtful intelligent film will be rewarded.

I think it is ALMOST brilliant, but falls just short. A great idea and a very worthwhile film.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:00 PM   #5

Sep 2008

I loved it as well. It was a blind buy for me.
Add cclarkson for both consoles
Old 03-25-2009, 04:02 PM   #6
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2007

Didn't care for it but that is just my opinion. BUT I don't see any advantage to blind buying anything and rental is always my recommendation. But this is again just my opinion!
Old 03-25-2009, 04:08 PM   #7

Apr 2008

Hated this movie.. It was quite stupid I thought... Not even worth a rent but that is just my opinon.
TV: Panasonic P65VT30 (Old: Sharp LC52D62U)
Player: PS3 320GB
Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR809 (Old: Denon AVR1909)
Speakers: Polk RTiA5 CSiA6 FXiA6
Sub: ED A3-300
Old 03-25-2009, 04:10 PM   #8
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Framingham, MA

I enjoyed the film very much. It is very much a drama about a martial arts instructor, not an action film.
Pioneer Elite KURO PRO-1150HD
Sony Playstation 4
Oppo BDP-83
Old 03-25-2009, 04:27 PM   #9
Banned

Jan 2009

I liked it.a great sleeper w/ comedian Tim Allen in a very offbest role,not his usual Disney fare!
Old 03-25-2009, 04:28 PM   #10
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2008
West Hollywood, CA.

Definately worth having.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:30 PM   #11
Expert Member

Sep 2008
Your Momma, Oklahoma

One of the first blu's we picked up... definately glad to have it among the collection :-D. IT wouldn't hurt if you blind buy it or rent hehee.

Jason & Jen
Old 03-25-2009, 04:54 PM   #12

Feb 2008
Atlanta, GA U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine1980 View Post
Just a movie I located by accident, worth a blind buy or not?
If you are a fan of David Mamet's other movies, then you will most likely dig Redbelt. If you're not already familiar with Mamet, then I would suggest giving it a rent first.
PSN ID: WitheyGull
Old 03-25-2009, 06:18 PM   #13
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2008
Ottawa,Canada
Send a message via MSN to TheZoof

I *cough* downloaded this and enjoyed it.

I recently bought the blu-ray but haven't watched it yet but I am guessing the quality will be good enough for the type of film it is.

If you like a good story with a wonderful character then you would enjoy this.

A bit boring for some.
The Zoof

Living Room - Pioneer KRP-500M | Pioneer Elite SC-25 | Panasonic DMP-BD89| PS4 | Wii U
Speakers
- PSB Image B25 Monitor | PSB Alpha B1 Monitor | PSB Alpha C1 Monitor | Klipsch SW-115

Fav Blu Right Now - No Country for Old Men
Old 03-25-2009, 06:25 PM   #14
Power Member

Sep 2007
The Tragic City

Great character study. I enjoyed it immensely. I don't own it, though...I'm just not sure I'd give it much replay.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:53 AM   #15
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

This film was excellent! One of the first Blu's I picked up after renting it. But I am also a huge MMA fan so this added to my feelings towards it, and of course throwing Randy Couture a UFC Legend into the movie didn't hurt either, haha.
Old 11-23-2014, 07:52 PM   #16
Special Member

Feb 2014

Saw Redbelt for the first time a while back, and truly enjoyed the film. Superb. I've never been a T. Allen fan & never liked HI, but he's quite good in a dramatic role here, which is surprising (to me, at least).

I understand the comparison to The Spanish Prisoner, though Redbelt definitely takes a different approach to the subject of being conned...Not sure which film I like best, but I'll have to watch both again at some point, due to the storylines being somewhat convoluted/complicated.

I liked how the instruction that Terry was giving in the beginning of the film was something he himself put into practice at the film's climax - well-done.

It was interesting to me that, in the very beginning when the Emily Mortimer character walks in to the dojo,
[Show spoiler]Mike Terry & Joe are intent on taking off her coat. I understand she came in from the rain & they're trying to make her comfortable - however, she was obviously agitated/nervous & if I had been them, would have definitely given her some space instead of crowding her. I completely understand they were trying to calm her down, but obviously they went about it the wrong way. This led to her accident that set off the unfortunate chain of events. Granted, if she hadn't done this there wouldn't have been a film. Note that I can easily see an event like this occuring, but I do find it interesting that the two characters weren't intuitive enough to realize they shouldn't get too close to her, considering her state of mind at that point...

Also interesting is that
[Show spoiler]though her initial accidental action did indeed set off the chain of events, that seems the only thing that wasn't planned by those who conned both Mike Terry & Joe.
Old 11-23-2014, 07:57 PM   #17
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnamorphicWidescreen View Post
Saw Redbelt for the first time a while back, and truly enjoyed the film. Superb. I've never been a T. Allen fan & never liked HI, but he's quite good in a dramatic role here, which is surprising (to me, at least).

I understand the comparison to The Spanish Prisoner, though Redbelt definitely takes a different approach to the subject of being conned...Not sure which film I like best, but I'll have to watch both again at some point, due to the storylines being somewhat convoluted/complicated.

I liked how the instruction that Terry was giving in the beginning of the film was something he himself put into practice at the film's climax - well-done.

It was interesting to me that, in the very beginning when the Emily Mortimer character walks in to the dojo,
[Show spoiler]Mike Terry & Joe are intent on taking off her coat. I understand she came in from the rain & they're trying to make her comfortable - however, she was obviously agitated/nervous & if I had been them, would have definitely given her some space instead of crowding her. I completely understand they were trying to calm her down, but obviously they went about it the wrong way. This led to her accident that set off the unfortunate chain of events. Granted, if she hadn't done this there wouldn't have been a film. Note that I can easily see an event like this occuring, but I do find it interesting that the two characters weren't intuitive enough to realize they shouldn't get too close to her, considering her state of mind at that point...

Also interesting is that
[Show spoiler]though her initial accidental action did indeed set off the chain of events, that seems the only thing that wasn't planned by those who conned both Mike Terry & Joe.
That scene also shows that sometimes good intentions are misplaced in real life. Sad, but true.
Best of 2014: 1) Noah 2) Divergent 3) Mockingjay Part 1
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America