Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.96
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Strain: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$34.96
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.99
Kundo (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Neighbors (Blu-ray)
$16.99
The Simpsons: The Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.96
Oblivion (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 6 (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Nutty Professor: 50th Anniversary (Blu-ray)
$28.99
The Tim Burton Collection (Blu-ray)
$26.49
Wrong Turn Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$12.98
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 01-17-2009, 01:54 AM   #21
Banned

Feb 2008
Astoria, NY
Send a message via AIM to DigitalfreakNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmrowland View Post
Huh, more positive reactions than i thought.

I'm a fan of the movies. Don't see why everyone hates the prequels as they were a part of Lucas's original vision of SW, and could not be made in the seventies. The tv show got kinda boring after a few episodes. I'll watch the new one tonight(there is a new one, right?) and play the game, but not really getting my hopes up.
I would suggest heading over to starwars.com and watching them there. There were some GREAT episodes. In fact, one of my favorites involves NONE of the other characters but is all about the clones.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:56 AM   #22
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2007
Silicon Valley

Great news. I've been enjoying the series in HD on TV. I hope the Blu-ray is done well.
"There's No Charge for Awesomeness - Po"
Old 01-17-2009, 02:04 AM   #23
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2008
Send a message via AIM to Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalfreakNYC View Post
I would suggest heading over to starwars.com and watching them there. There were some GREAT episodes. In fact, one of my favorites involves NONE of the other characters but is all about the clones.
Plus they've done two about Jar Jar Binks. My favorite character!
Old 01-17-2009, 02:14 AM   #24
Blu-ray Guru

May 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast View Post
Doing cheaper 3-4 Episode releases is pretty common for kids shows.
So I don't see it as a greedy move by Lucasfilm. Everyone does it.

The companies feel that by releasing toons this way, even the kids who don't get a lot of allowance can afford them. Since they're usually a little over $10.00 at retail. Probably around $12.99 for a MSRP of $19.99.

It's good news that they'll be releasing the full season on Blu-Ray later in the year. I may get the DVDs now, and pass them on to my Brother when the collection comes out. Since he doesn't have a Blu-Ray player at home.
If Lucasfilm had announced this 4 episode DVD release on its own I probably would have been pissed. However since they gave us heads up that a Blu-Ray season set is coming its hard to be mad. There was never a chance of getting a season set in March anyway. I might even give the Galaxy Divided a rent if I see it at the library. However I don't see why anyone would waste there money on this when they know a far far superior set is coming in only around 6 months
Old 01-17-2009, 02:17 AM   #25
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2008
Send a message via AIM to Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Smith View Post
If Lucasfilm had announced this 4 episode DVD release on its own I probably would have been pissed. However since they gave us heads up that a Blu-Ray season set is coming its hard to be mad. There was never a chance of getting a season set in March anyway. I might even give the Galaxy Divided a rent if I see it at the library. However I don't see why anyone would waste there money on this when they know a far far superior set is coming in only around 6 months
Cause they don't want to wait. Of they're buying them for the kids.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:07 PM   #26
Banned

Feb 2008
Astoria, NY

Looks like November 17th will be the date. Although this picture doesn't mention the Blu-ray, it's a good assumption.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:33 PM   #27
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2008

maybe I'll pick this up. My cousin insists the series isnt as insipid as the cartoon movie. We'll see.
Big Tits Zombie

-Action

No synopsis for Big Tits Zombie.

(don't think it needs one, fellas. Pretty self explanatory.)
Old 02-20-2009, 12:36 PM   #28
Banned

Feb 2008
Astoria, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCT View Post
maybe I'll pick this up. My cousin insists the series isnt as insipid as the cartoon movie. We'll see.
It's not. Obviously some eppys are better than others. You can watch them all on Starwars.com.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:39 PM   #29

Aug 2008

Quote:
Looks like November 17th will be the date. Although this picture doesn't mention the Blu-ray, it's a good assumption.

Can't wait for Nov 17th. I don't have Cartoon Network HD and I haven't bought the movie yet, so I'm dying to see how Clone Wars look in HD. Seriously though, if the movie is as good as the show, then people were belly aching for nothing. Granted, the show's not exactly the best, but it's ver enjoyable.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:42 PM   #30
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Montreal
Send a message via Yahoo to P@t_Mtl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCT View Post
The show is actualy pretty good, some of the episodes have been very interesting
---------------------------------------------------
My avatar will Wait Until Dark for a Roman Holiday since this world as War & Peace
and it would be fun to actually have Breakfast At Tiffany's with My Fair Lady
Old 02-20-2009, 12:51 PM   #31
Special Member

Jan 2009
MX / TX
Send a message via MSN to RSuarez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Smith View Post
If the strangly animated version your talking about is Tarvokosky's Clone Wars I couldn't disagree with you more. Tarvokosky's micro-series with the exception of the animation was superior to the new CGI series in every possible way. The action sequences were more intense and more imaginative, the villians were more menacing (in particular General Grevious was done far better then in either Revenge of the Sith or The new series), annoying characters like Jar Jar and Ziro the Hutt were no where to be found, and the story had a much bigger effect on the movie. In partcular Anakin's fall is forshadowed better in Tarvokosky's Clone Wars then any of the prequels in a moment strongly remenisent of The Empire Strikes Back. Even the very best episode of the new series didn't match any 22 minute block of the microseries. Tarvokosky's Clone Wars is simply the best cartoon series ever based on a movie and is something I would love to have on Blu-Ray. The new series has its moments but its clear that Gennedy Tarvokosky new what he was doing more then Lucas or any of the new creaters do.
I couldn't agree more with you...

I might purchase this as I'm a big Star Wars fan... but I've seen all the episodes of the new series and they are nowhere near to what Tarvokosky's did.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:01 PM   #32

Jul 2008
Florida
Send a message via Skype™ to LORDs_angellos

This is excellent! I have a season pass on iTunes already, so all I need is the Blu-ray box set and I'm all set.

And yeah, Tarvokosky's Clone Wars needs to hit Blu-ray, like, now.

Last edited by LORDs_angellos; 02-20-2009 at 01:04 PM.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:41 PM   #33
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Montreal
Send a message via Yahoo to P@t_Mtl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORDs_angellos View Post
This is excellent! I have a season pass on iTunes already, so all I need is the Blu-ray box set and I'm all set.

And yeah, Tarvokosky's Clone Wars needs to hit Blu-ray, like, now.
Totaly agree 1005 with you on that
---------------------------------------------------
My avatar will Wait Until Dark for a Roman Holiday since this world as War & Peace
and it would be fun to actually have Breakfast At Tiffany's with My Fair Lady
Old 02-20-2009, 02:59 PM   #34
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008

Greedy =/.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:17 PM   #35
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2007
CT, US

NICE

Day after my birthday, so this will make for a nice gift to myself.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:37 PM   #36
Blu-ray Guru

May 2008

Quote:

November 17th. Sounds about right.

Hopefully the season set is the first time in America we can see the series in its original aspect ratio. Star Wars The Clone Wars is the first animated series done in cinemascope 2.35 aspect ratio. The movie on Blu-Ray was in its proper aspect ratio but both Cartoon Network and TNT have cropped all there broadcasts to 1.78. The single disc DVD releases will also be cropped to 1.78. The Canadian channel Sky HD is apparently the only place to see its original aspect ratio.

Here is what your missing on American broadcasts

Old 02-20-2009, 03:58 PM   #37

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbie View Post
I am very happy about this. I want to watch this on TV, but cannot stand standard defintion.
TNT HD started to show this series. Saw the show on SD and am rewatching it in HD from TNT HD. I've seen the first 4 episodes and it's night and day different. Great improvement. Production quality is just like the premiere movie. One aspect that I like about this series is the opportunity to see more of the other characters that you didn't get a chance to see in the live action movies such as other the other jedis.

I hope that the Blu-ray box set will be in the original aspect ratio. It's nice to see the cropped version on TNT HD but I always like seeing my movies/shows in the OAR. I imagine it would probably look even better.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:16 PM   #38

Jul 2008

This is very good news. I do hope they keep the aspect ratio as it was intended (2.35:1) on blu-ray.

In the US I know the broadcasts are 1.78 rather then 2.35:1

Thanks for the screen shots Jimmy smith. Looking at them screens I am glad I don't live in the US the broadcast quality is rubish. I seen some others compair other broadcasts as well as agains blu-ray but when seeing US broadcasts against other broadcasts from different countries I can't stand how crap US broadcast quality is.

Last edited by stargazeruk; 02-20-2009 at 04:26 PM.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:57 PM   #39
Blu-ray Guru

May 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazeruk View Post
This is very good news. I do hope they keep the aspect ratio as it was intended (2.35:1) on blu-ray.

In the US I know the broadcasts are 1.78 rather then 2.35:1

Thanks for the screen shots Jimmy smith. Looking at them screens I am glad I don't live in the US the broadcast quality is rubish. I seen some others compair other broadcasts as well as agains blu-ray but when seeing US broadcasts against other broadcasts from different countries I can't stand how crap US broadcast quality is.
Quality isn't the problem. I don't have Cartoon Network HD but TNT HD looks great quality wise. Not as good as the best of Blu-Ray of course but still a day and night difference over standard broadcasts. The problem is the annoying cropping and TV stations who insist on butchering a creaters content rather then get calls from hairless simians who don't like black bars. Quality wise Im sure the TNT HD broadcasts looks as good as any broadcast HD.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:46 PM   #40
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2008
NYC

Ok guys, I'm confused. I have only seen SW:The Clone Wars the movie. Is The Clone Wars ("CGI-ish" version as you all say) First Season a continuation of the Clone Wars ("cartoon-ish" version as you say from 2003 -2005)?

I guess my question is do you have to have seen the old "cartoon" series first to understand the story of the "CGI'd" series? What's the timeline and how does The Clone Wars Movie fit in?

Thanks.
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U / Sony PS3 / Sony HT-SF470
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America