COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (Blu-ray)
$18.49
The Long Goodbye (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Coming Home (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Thieves Like Us (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$216.99
Defiance: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$37.99
30 Minutes or Less (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Zodiac (Blu-ray)
$6.99
Viva Maria! (Blu-ray)
$18.49
White Lightning (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$49.99
Pocketful of Miracles (Blu-ray)
$18.49
The Doctor and the Devils (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Gator (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Tyler Perry's Temptation (Blu-ray)
$12.98
Old 01-26-2009, 10:31 PM   #1

Nov 2008
manchester. england
Default planet terror

have got the dvd of planet terror sould i get the bluray as i love this film
Old 01-26-2009, 10:49 PM   #2

Nov 2008
Canada

If you love it, get it. There's also an option to watch the movie without the worn out look to it (but that defeats the director's purpose).
46" Sony Bravia KDL-46S4100 LCD 1080p HDTV
Bell Satellite HD receiver
Sony BDV-E500W Blu-ray/5.1 home theatre system w/ S-AIR wireless system & iPod docking station.
Monster HDMI cables
Monster Home Theatre PowerCenter HTS 950 with clean power stage 1 filtering
Old 01-27-2009, 12:17 AM   #3
Expert Member

Jan 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROB T View Post
have got the dvd of planet terror sould i get the bluray as i love this film
no question dude. some think that because it has such a dirty look theres no point in haveing it on blu but they're wrong. it looks shitty...but in fantastic way. and theres the clean version like the guy above me mentioned which is basically your "crystal clear" HD picture...not the best way to watch but its a cool bonus

oh and the trailer for Machete
Old 01-27-2009, 12:44 AM   #4

Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece View Post
no question dude. some think that because it has such a dirty look theres no point in haveing it on blu but they're wrong. it looks shitty...but in fantastic way. and theres the clean version like the guy above me mentioned which is basically your "crystal clear" HD picture...not the best way to watch but its a cool bonus

oh and the trailer for Machete
hahaha yah, the machete trailer is hilarious. Any word if they're actually going to make that movie? I think it would be great.

I blind purchased this one and I don't regret it at all. Now to blind purchase Death Proof as well hehe. I never got to watch grindhouse in theaters, so this is how I will make up for it.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:04 AM   #5
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2007
Coldth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufgt View Post
hahaha yah, the machete trailer is hilarious. Any word if they're actually going to make that movie? I think it would be great.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machete_(film)
Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow

Classic Arcade Games: Top 10

My life revolves around Paula Creamer
Old 01-27-2009, 01:06 AM   #6
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
-
-

i'm still hoping for grindhouse 2 by roth and wright
Old 01-27-2009, 01:12 AM   #7

Jan 2009

GREAT! I just ordered this and will be receiving it on Thursday, loved it on DVD, can't wait for the blu!
-SKINNY
Old 01-27-2009, 02:08 AM   #8
Power Member

Nov 2007
Saginaw, MI

I found the Grindhouse movies look best on the big screen.. That's how it was intended to be seen alone with the scratches and all. I find the scratches distracting on my 50" plasma but enjoyed the movies with the front projection... It felt right, if you've ever been to a crappy theater you will know what I mean

The clean version of Planet Terror looked great on both though!
My Blu-ray Statistics

JVC DLA-RS40 w/Darbee Darblet & 003 lamp, False-wall 130" Spandex acoustically transparent screen, Sanyo PLV-Z2000 (gaming), 7.1 Paradigm Studios, Onkyo TX-NR818, Emotiva LPA-1, Behringer EP4000 x2, EIGHT Stereo Integrity HT 18"s, Balanced MiniDSP, Cross·Spectrum UMIK-1, DIY Acoustic Treatments, Sony BDP‑S590, Sony PS3, HTPC, Toshiba HD-A1 HD DVD, Dish VIP622 DVR, Leather Theater seating, Dry bar, Panasonic TH-50PX60U, APC H15 power conditioner, Harmony Smart Control
Old 01-27-2009, 02:11 AM   #9
Expert Member

Jan 2009

Quote:

I blind purchased this one and I don't regret it at all. Now to blind purchase Death Proof as well hehe. I never got to watch grindhouse in theaters, so this is how I will make up for it.
careful with the blind buy on Death Proof. Im not saying its a bad film but it's very different from planet terror, and you have to sit through a good hour's worth of pruposefully tedius diolague before any of the action starts. Don't get me wrong though...the chase scenes are amazing and go on for quite some time.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:14 AM   #10
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
-
-

Quote:
careful with the blind buy on Death Proof. Im not saying its a bad film but it's very different from planet terror, and you have to sit through a good hour's worth of pruposefully tedius diolague before any of the action starts. Don't get me wrong though...the chase scenes are amazing and go on for quite some time.
sums it up pretty well.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:57 AM   #11
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH
Send a message via MSN to KilloWertz

You already ordered it, so no reason for me to give my opinion. I think you made a good decision though.

In regards to Death Proof, I have to agree. I actually bought it with Planet Terror, but returned it because after reading more about it I figured it wasn't going to be something I would enjoy. I know some people love it though, so to each their own.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:15 AM   #12

Nov 2008

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up. I'm sure I can struggle through any non action scenes. Trust me when I say I've sat through much much worse.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:43 AM   #13
Expert Member

Jan 2009

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up. I'm sure I can struggle through any non action scenes. Trust me when I say I've sat through much much worse.
and once you've seen the film a few times there's always the option of just skipping to the good shit!
Old 01-27-2009, 06:20 AM   #14
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
Virginia Beach, VA

Buy Planet Terror and Death Proof. My reasoning on death proof is I got through all of QT movies except Jackie Brown so that tells me that Death Proof is a decent flim. Of course if I gave Jackie Brown another chance it would be easier to sit through than some of the crap Oliver Stone makes....Natural Born Killer I'm looking at you.
Old 01-29-2009, 04:24 PM   #15
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2007
Nebraska

I loved Jackie Brown! Anyway, if you're a huge fan of the movie I'd definitely get it. Personally, I'm just gonna wait til 'Grindhouse' comes out on Blu. I know that may be a long time, or maybe never, but I bought the steelbooks from Best Buy when the DVD's came out, and really don't feel like triple dipping if the 'Grindhouse' set actually does come out.
Most Wanted on Blu: Before Sunrise/Sunset The Human Condition The Shootist McCabe and Mrs. Miller Judgment at Nuremberg Scarecrow Le Samouraï Arsenic and Old Lace Roman Holiday Matchstick Men Solaris (2002) Requiem for a Heavyweight Man in the Shadow Bad Company (1972) The Friends of Eddie Coyle Return to Snowy River As I Lay Dying Narc Me and Orson Welles Big Fan Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America