Best PS3 Game Deals

Best PS3 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Now: Running Scared $14.99 (4 hours left)

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (PS3)
$13.43
Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends (PS3)
$10.58
Sonic the Hedgehog (PS3)
$13.39
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES (PS3)
$14.29
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
$8.00
Final Fantasy IX (PS3)
$14.28
Rio (PS3)
$18.08
Madden NFL 13 (PS3)
$11.06
Need For Speed: Most Wanted (PS3)
$19.99
LittleBigPlanet Karting (PS3)
$18.60
Mortal Kombat (PS3)
$17.28
Far Cry 3 (PS3)
$17.54
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2016, 11:23 PM   #21
Verisimilitude1984 Verisimilitude1984 is offline
Active Member
 
Verisimilitude1984's Avatar
 
Dec 2015
London
126
32
Send a message via Skype™ to Verisimilitude1984
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryAtNight View Post
I'm glad you liked Homecoming, but it is starting to become a chore for me. I've been playing this game only once a week and I will continue this weekend.
Anyway, I made it to the prison and am helping Deputy Wheeler find Elle.
I was expecting more of Pyramid Head, but he was only shown briefly in an early cut scene.
I think Homecoming was trying to tie in with the Silent Hill movie, be it for good or bad. You can see a lot of parallels there, namely a Pyramid Head cameo.
Favourite Movies: Superman: The Movie, Jaws, 'Salem's Lot (1979), The Exorcist, Alien, Creepshow, In The Mouth of Madness.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 05:43 AM   #22
VictoryAtNight VictoryAtNight is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
VictoryAtNight's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
Behind the wheel of my Civic [DX]
934
378
23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verisimilitude1984 View Post
I think Homecoming was trying to tie in with the Silent Hill movie, be it for good or bad. You can see a lot of parallels there, namely a Pyramid Head cameo.
I do see the references to the movie in this game.


Smog.


Order soldiers.


I believe I encountered this character in the house.


And one of the most popular characters are the nurses. Very difficult to kill.
😱😍💜❤🙈🙊👍
😘😍😘😍😘😍😘😍
😱😍💜❤🙈🙊👍
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 07:40 PM   #23
Verisimilitude1984 Verisimilitude1984 is offline
Active Member
 
Verisimilitude1984's Avatar
 
Dec 2015
London
126
32
Send a message via Skype™ to Verisimilitude1984
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryAtNight View Post
I do see the references to the movie in this game.
You also have the cult called 'The Order', which seemed modelled more after the film than anything else.

I really like the story in Homecoming, it was the best personal story since Silent Hill 2 for me. I loved the whole 'family secret' thing and seemingly being the unfavoured brother, but you never knew why.
Favourite Movies: Superman: The Movie, Jaws, 'Salem's Lot (1979), The Exorcist, Alien, Creepshow, In The Mouth of Madness.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
VictoryAtNight (02-01-2016)
Old 02-01-2016, 12:20 AM   #24
VictoryAtNight VictoryAtNight is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
VictoryAtNight's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
Behind the wheel of my Civic [DX]
934
378
23
Default

Got to the second save point in the prison. I checked my inventory and I have 2 serums, 5 health drinks and 3 first aid kits.
Now, I need to power the electronic keypad so I can open the door. Another semi-frustrating puzzle in trying to figure out how to connect the 5 wires in the electric box.
I thought I played this type of puzzle before, déja vu.
😱😍💜❤🙈🙊👍
😘😍😘😍😘😍😘😍
😱😍💜❤🙈🙊👍
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 09:48 PM   #25
Verisimilitude1984 Verisimilitude1984 is offline
Active Member
 
Verisimilitude1984's Avatar
 
Dec 2015
London
126
32
Send a message via Skype™ to Verisimilitude1984
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryAtNight View Post
Got to the second save point in the prison. I checked my inventory and I have 2 serums, 5 health drinks and 3 first aid kits.
Now, I need to power the electronic keypad so I can open the door. Another semi-frustrating puzzle in trying to figure out how to connect the 5 wires in the electric box.
I thought I played this type of puzzle before, déja vu.
Doing well. There are some bits that are a bit of a grind I know. I do like the 'moral decision making moments' the game throws at you - you've got one coming soon.

Also, wait until you meet the prison boss...
Favourite Movies: Superman: The Movie, Jaws, 'Salem's Lot (1979), The Exorcist, Alien, Creepshow, In The Mouth of Madness.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
VictoryAtNight (02-07-2016)
Old 02-04-2016, 04:58 AM   #26
VictoryAtNight VictoryAtNight is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
VictoryAtNight's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
Behind the wheel of my Civic [DX]
934
378
23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verisimilitude1984 View Post
Doing well. There are some bits that are a bit of a grind I know. I do like the 'moral decision making moments' the game throws at you - you've got one coming soon.

Also, wait until you meet the prison boss...
The moral decisions are pretty cool.
I think that I am better at defeating the bosses than I am at solving these puzzles.
I don't have any real techniques in fighting the enemies, I just button mash between the attack and strong attack.
Prison boss........
Thanks for the heads-up. I've got full ammo for my pistol.
😱😍💜❤🙈🙊👍
😘😍😘😍😘😍😘😍
😱😍💜❤🙈🙊👍
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 07:05 PM   #27
VictoryAtNight VictoryAtNight is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
VictoryAtNight's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
Behind the wheel of my Civic [DX]
934
378
23
Default

I managed to connect the electrical wires after 15 minutes and open the door.
It was a bit disturbing in having to choose between killing your mother or watching her die painfully in the torture contraption. Bizarre. There was no way of saving her.
I confronted the prison boss which looked like something from The Human Centipede.
Afterwards, I headed towards the church which resembles what was seen in the movie. Painfully difficult puzzle in trying to correctly set all 5 plates!! It took about 2 hours for me to figure it out.
This is the most fun I've had since I started playing this game.
😱😍💜❤🙈🙊👍
😘😍😘😍😘😍😘😍
😱😍💜❤🙈🙊👍
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 02:11 PM   #28
Verisimilitude1984 Verisimilitude1984 is offline
Active Member
 
Verisimilitude1984's Avatar
 
Dec 2015
London
126
32
Send a message via Skype™ to Verisimilitude1984
Default

Be interested to know what ending you get. The 'twist' at the end is really good imo.
Favourite Movies: Superman: The Movie, Jaws, 'Salem's Lot (1979), The Exorcist, Alien, Creepshow, In The Mouth of Madness.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
VictoryAtNight (02-15-2016)
Old 02-15-2016, 05:43 PM   #29
VictoryAtNight VictoryAtNight is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
VictoryAtNight's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
Behind the wheel of my Civic [DX]
934
378
23
Default

I finished this game on Saturday.
My first game that I have finished in 12 years. I feel relived.


I beat the last boss on my first attempt. Used all my ammo in my pistol, rifle and shotgun. I depleted all my health drinks and a couple of my first aid kits.

Ending: After I killed the boss, they show my dead brother from the bosses body. I later meet up with Elle, but Wheeler is not there. I don't understand because I gave Wheeler a first aid kit and instructed Elle to take care of him.
😱😍💜❤🙈🙊👍
😘😍😘😍😘😍😘😍
😱😍💜❤🙈🙊👍
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (03-17-2016)
Old 02-17-2016, 12:51 AM   #30
Verisimilitude1984 Verisimilitude1984 is offline
Active Member
 
Verisimilitude1984's Avatar
 
Dec 2015
London
126
32
Send a message via Skype™ to Verisimilitude1984
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryAtNight View Post
I finished this game on Saturday.
My first game that I have finished in 12 years. I feel relived.


I beat the last boss on my first attempt. Used all my ammo in my pistol, rifle and shotgun. I depleted all my health drinks and a couple of my first aid kits.

Ending: After I killed the boss, they show my dead brother from the bosses body. I later meet up with Elle, but Wheeler is not there. I don't understand because I gave Wheeler a first aid kit and instructed Elle to take care of him.
Congratulations!

Jeez, I know what you mean about completing a game these days. The last game I completed was Alien Isolation on my PS3 and also Hitman: Blood Money downloaded from PSN. Sometimes like books, I start a game then find something interrupts me and I don't have the same inclination to return to it weeks later.

I'm trying to finish Resident Evil 0 at the moment, and don't even mention Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. You've now got me wanting to play Silent Hill: Homecoming again!

I'm not sure why you don't see Wheeler again, or at least can't recall why. Perhaps she just mentioned him by name as in "he's OK".

Yeah, I remember that last boss being a pain in the bum. I loved the whole story 'reveal' at the end though, that you were really the sibling that was meant to be sacrificed. Everything in the game up to and after your return to your house is brilliant imo, and the Scarlett battle and music is excellent. The game doesn't get as much love as it deserves, though I accept it's not a patch on Silent Hill 2 or 3.

What game do you plan on playing next?
Favourite Movies: Superman: The Movie, Jaws, 'Salem's Lot (1979), The Exorcist, Alien, Creepshow, In The Mouth of Madness.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 06:30 AM   #31
VictoryAtNight VictoryAtNight is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
VictoryAtNight's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
Behind the wheel of my Civic [DX]
934
378
23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verisimilitude1984 View Post
Congratulations!

Jeez, I know what you mean about completing a game these days. The last game I completed was Alien Isolation on my PS3 and also Hitman: Blood Money downloaded from PSN. Sometimes like books, I start a game then find something interrupts me and I don't have the same inclination to return to it weeks later.

I'm trying to finish Resident Evil 0 at the moment, and don't even mention Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. You've now got me wanting to play Silent Hill: Homecoming again!

I'm not sure why you don't see Wheeler again, or at least can't recall why. Perhaps she just mentioned him by name as in "he's OK".

Yeah, I remember that last boss being a pain in the bum. I loved the whole story 'reveal' at the end though, that you were really the sibling that was meant to be sacrificed. Everything in the game up to and after your return to your house is brilliant imo, and the Scarlett battle and music is excellent. The game doesn't get as much love as it deserves, though I accept it's not a patch on Silent Hill 2 or 3.

What game do you plan on playing next?
I fought the last boss and watched the ending again.
There is no mention of Wheeler. Elle appears out of the alley and we both hug and walk along the sidewalk. I guess Wheeler must have been seriously injured and didn't make it.
I did unlock the Big Rig Alex costume.


I'm going to continue with this game again.


If I do play another Silent Hill game, this will be it. For my PSP.
😱😍💜❤🙈🙊👍
😘😍😘😍😘😍😘😍
😱😍💜❤🙈🙊👍
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 03:25 AM   #32
Zivouhr Zivouhr is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Zivouhr's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
USA
124
Default

The difficulty on the Silent Hill Homecoming game is off the charts, making it perfect for gamers who like punishment. There's also a glitch in the sewers near a gate that forced me to restart the game. I did like the puzzles and the controls. The story was interesting too. Great music and atmosphere.

Downpour is more accessible in terms of an easier difficulty level.

Origins on PS2, I have to complete one of these days. I actually prefer the sharper, jagged edges of the PS1 Silent Hill, over the muddy, blurry edges the PS2 is known for.
List of Strong 3D Movies on Blu Ray 3D / Most PSVR PS4 games with strong stereo 3D
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
VictoryAtNight (03-20-2016)
Old 03-20-2016, 08:32 PM   #33
VictoryAtNight VictoryAtNight is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
VictoryAtNight's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
Behind the wheel of my Civic [DX]
934
378
23
Default

There's also a glitch in the attic. This is where you need to find the 4 medals to place on the uniform. I got stuck in a corner and could not get out. I had to quit the game and load my current save point.
😱😍💜❤🙈🙊👍
😘😍😘😍😘😍😘😍
😱😍💜❤🙈🙊👍
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
Silent Hill Homecoming out now PS3 Damiesmallz 231 04-13-2010 08:07 AM
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories- 'Reimagining' Of Silent Hill Announced! PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable dereksworl 9 08-12-2009 05:54 PM
SILENT HILL HOMECOMING: EUROPEAN vs US version PS3 Mulder 6 03-04-2009 04:23 PM
PS3 Releases This Week: 9.29.08 – Silent Hill: Homecoming, FIFA 09, Geon PS3 Shin-Ra 19 10-03-2008 11:47 PM
Concorde Silent Hill vs Sony Silent Hill Blu-ray Movies - North America AnimeOnBlu 15 09-12-2007 01:15 AM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:08 PM.