Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Nightbreed (Blu-ray)
$20.95
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Kingpin (Blu-ray)
$14.39
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Planes: Fire & Rescue (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Welcome to the Space Show (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Scanners (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Tommy Boy (Blu-ray)
$4.88
Congo (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Raw Force (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Girl Hunters (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 8 (Blu-ray)
$32.18
How to Train Your Dragon 2 (Blu-ray)
$19.98
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders

Old 02-06-2009, 07:26 PM   #1

Jan 2009
Default insignia NS-2BRDVD firmware update

"The firmware is designed to fix playback issues that you may be experiencing with some Blu-ray Discs. It also allows you to access pictures and music from a USB drive inserted into the USB port located on the back of the player."

Heres the link for the update

http://www.insignia-products.com/p-3...0p-output.aspx

Hope this helps out anyone with this player. Still no word of bd live support but hopefully soon in another update we will get that.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:59 PM   #2

Mar 2009
Default insignia NS-2brdvd firmware update

Drakeotic:

Many, many thanks. Worked fine, and Best Buy was sure absolutely NO help. And that's being generous.
Oh, Circuit City, we miss you!

Thanks again.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:31 PM   #3

Jan 2009

Hey I'm glad I could help. Actually here is the latest update that was released this month.

http://www.insigniaproducts.com/cms/...dvd_Live01.ISO

it activates the bd live.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:19 PM   #4

Jun 2009

Anyone else having a problem with the new firmware? I updated my player yesterday with a CD-R and it seemed to update just fine, but now none of my discs will load. I've tried a number of different titles, with an ethernet cable plugged in and unplugged, and all of them just sit on the "loading" screen. I tried rebooting my player a couple times and I left it loading for about 15 minutes, but nothing. Is it just my player or is anyone else having this issue?
Old 06-26-2009, 07:36 PM   #5

Mar 2009
Nor. Cal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildYams View Post
Anyone else having a problem with the new firmware? I updated my player yesterday with a CD-R and it seemed to update just fine, but now none of my discs will load. I've tried a number of different titles, with an ethernet cable plugged in and unplugged, and all of them just sit on the "loading" screen. I tried rebooting my player a couple times and I left it loading for about 15 minutes, but nothing. Is it just my player or is anyone else having this issue?
To eliminate it being a BD Live issue, some players do wierd things when BD Live is enabled but not properly setup. Is there an option to disable BD Live entirely? If so disable it.

Otherwise, make sure you have a 1GB or more flash drive plugged in so the BD Live stuff doesn't freak out over the lack of storage space.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:38 PM   #6

Jun 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHeRe31459 View Post
To eliminate it being a BD Live issue, some players do wierd things when BD Live is enabled but not properly setup. Is there an option to disable BD Live entirely? If so disable it.

Otherwise, make sure you have a 1GB or more flash drive plugged in so the BD Live stuff doesn't freak out over the lack of storage space.
OK, as an update, putting a USB stick in the player did fix the problem I had with it loading a disc (apparently you absolutely have to have that in there because it now uses a "Media Launcher" window that gives the option of Optical Disc or USB from which to start from, and without the USB stick in, it just hangs there without bringing that window up). So thank you for that suggestion.

However, even though it loads titles I can not get any BD-Live content to load whatsoever. I've checked the player thoroughly and am absolutely getting an internet connection with it (as verified through the network settings where you can test the connection, and it says 'OK', as well as it grabbing an IP address from my router), but on any of the number of BD-Live discs I've put in the player, it simply says my player isn't connected.

While I doubt anyone in here can necessarily debug this issue or fix it, I'm just curious if any other owners of this player are experiencing the same issue as me or if I'm alone on this. Anyone?
Old 07-09-2009, 07:20 PM   #7

Jul 2009
Default Same Problem

I am having the same exact problem with the BD Live. I've tried two different USB sticks, a 1 GB, and a 4GB to eliminate that possibility. My connection says ok when tested in the setup. Once selecting BD-Live from Disc Menu, says no connection for several discs. I took my router out and went directly from cable modem to BD player but still nothing. Looks like the firmware upgrade is a bum.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:33 PM   #8

Jul 2009
Default Solution

After fiddling around, I found a selection to choose what you want to use the USB drive storage space for. From the main menu (Optical Disc, USB Drive, Setup) choose USB Drive. You now have a choice to select the use of the USB Drive for BD-Live storage. Once you make this selection, play your disc and the access should work. Too bad the "technical professionals" forgot to mention that requirement. Hopefully everyone with this problem finds this post or figures it out. Enjoy all.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:51 AM   #9

Sep 2009
Default Still no luck

You're doing better than me. Finally got the disk from Insignia (took more than two months) and the update appears to have been sucessful. I now get the "media" menu (USB, Optical Disk, etc.). I inserted a USB stick (using the adapter they included since they warn player may not work with just any old USB stick) but I'm still stuck with the unending "Disk Loading" screen.

Is it possible I must attach an ethernet cable? Can I not just use it as a stand-alone Blu-ray player?

Why didn't I buy a real name brand Blu-ray player?

Last edited by AnybutInsignia; 09-12-2009 at 12:03 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:30 PM   #10

Sep 2009

I got the firmware and the USB PORT WORKS

Last edited by MS Brooklyn; 09-28-2009 at 01:03 AM.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:38 PM   #11

Jan 2009

I had a hard time getting a usb drive to work with bdlive. The problem I had was i could get a smaller size then 1 gig to work, but of course that's not enough room to store anything. But if i use the 2 gig I have it doesn't want to load all the way into bdlive. The files that download to the usb drive are on the drive when i check it on the computer but it acts like it isnt downloading them right or at all. I gave up on it. I did get to play around with it on the smaller one but only to set up accounts and thats about it. drive was too small for any downloads.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:23 PM   #12

Jan 2009

thanks
MY BLU:
SONY PLAYSTATION 3 (W/ 320GB HDD) (1ST GEN RELEASE) / TV: 56" SAMSUNG HL-S5687WX 1080P DLP HDTV
PANASONIC DMP-BD35K BLU-RAY PLAYER / TV: 46" SAMSUNG LN46A630 1080P 120HZ LCD HDTV
DELL XPS 420 DESKTOP (WITH BLU-RAY) / MONITOR: Samsung 2333 23" Widescreen Flat Panel LCD Monitor
100+ BLU-RAY MOVIES AND COUNTING.......GO BLU!
PSN: Pitts_Gutta
Old 12-19-2009, 02:03 AM   #13

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnybutInsignia View Post
You're doing better than me. Finally got the disk from Insignia (took more than two months) and the update appears to have been sucessful. I now get the "media" menu (USB, Optical Disk, etc.). I inserted a USB stick (using the adapter they included since they warn player may not work with just any old USB stick) but I'm still stuck with the unending "Disk Loading" screen.

Is it possible I must attach an ethernet cable? Can I not just use it as a stand-alone Blu-ray player?

Why didn't I buy a real name brand Blu-ray player?
Is this for real? You need to have an internet connection to just play disks???
This just doesn't sound right.
Anyone???
Old 12-26-2009, 05:27 PM   #14

Dec 2009
Default insignia blu ray ns-2brdvd problems/firmware question

My unit will no longer play even existing disks I bought with the unit. It will play music cd's however. Should I update the firmware or is it just broke?

Thanks for any help.

I am new around here, but I love movies and I frequent sites like rotten tomatoes, where I enjoy reviewing movies. So, this site is heaven for me!

Thanks,

Chris
Christopher A Skalski
Old 03-14-2010, 04:34 AM   #15

Jan 2009
Default firmware

I have an Insignia NS-2BRDVD Blu-ray player purchased in December 2008. In player years, this is an old one.

I recently rented a movie "2012" that wouldn't play in the player. It would play previews but never load into the movie. All other blu-rays have played fine up until now.

I searched the Internet and found this site with the link to the firmware. I downloaded it, burned the image file to a CD and updated the player. No probs.

Now, "2012" plays fine. I do not use BD Live or the Movie-IQ feature as I don't have an internet connection in the room with the blu-ray player.

So, if you come across a newer blu-ray disc that won't play right, update the firmware. I did not have to have an internet connection to play the movie.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:17 PM   #16
Special Member

Sep 2008
Salem, Oregon
Send a message via Yahoo to Nick4Blu_81

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ198 View Post
I have an Insignia NS-2BRDVD Blu-ray player purchased in December 2008. In player years, this is an old one.

I recently rented a movie "2012" that wouldn't play in the player. It would play previews but never load into the movie. All other blu-rays have played fine up until now.

I searched the Internet and found this site with the link to the firmware. I downloaded it, burned the image file to a CD and updated the player. No probs.

Now, "2012" plays fine. I do not use BD Live or the Movie-IQ feature as I don't have an internet connection in the room with the blu-ray player.

So, if you come across a newer blu-ray disc that won't play right, update the firmware. I did not have to have an internet connection to play the movie.
I completely agree. I have the NS-2BRDVD in my bedroom. Its hooked up to a SD television just so I can watch Blu's on it, as I have so many. I went to watch UP on it right after the movie came out on BD and it would not play. I went to the Insignia website and from there I contacted customer service. They sent me out an update disk free of charge and it only took 3 days. So there are definitely a couple options for updating the firmware on this particular BDP.
Panasonic P55ST50, DirecTV HR34-700 HMC, PS3, Dell Studio Slim HTPC, Logitech Harmony-One
Marantz SR-5006 7.1ch AV Receiver, APC H15 Power Conditioner
2-Polk Monitor 50 Two-Way Speakers
2-Polk Monitor 30 Series-2 Speakers (Surrounds)
Polk CS1 Center, 2-Polk PSW10 Subwoofers.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:40 AM   #17

Jun 2009

I bought Avatar Blu Ray and I can't play on my NS-2BRDVD. I just downloaded INSIGNIA_067_445_BD09_23.ISO and still can't play Avatar. I tried the the BD Live Firmware update too. Please help
My name is Ray, Blu Ray

Last edited by blurayisdabest; 06-25-2010 at 02:16 AM.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:25 AM   #18

Jun 2009

Is there anyone here willing to help me out?
My name is Ray, Blu Ray
Old 07-27-2010, 07:18 PM   #19

Dec 2009
Nashville, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurayisdabest View Post
It played fine on mine. I have the same / latest firmware version.

What are the symptoms?
Old 07-27-2010, 07:46 PM   #20

Nov 2008
Akron, Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurayisdabest View Post
Not familiar with this player but if it has the BDLive function you might want to give a try to turning it off and disconnecting it from the internet (and if there is any sort of memory storage used for BDLive, try erasing it also). Some player (like the Oppo BDP-83 I use) have this and it does cause problems with certain discs. I always leave mine off and have never had a problem playing a disc. Just a thought.
EQUIPMENT:Panasonic TH-65PZ850U plasma
OPPO BDP-103 blu-ray player-OPPO DV-983H dvd player-Pioneer CLD-99 laser disc player-Onkyo PR-SC5507P-Preamplifier-200x3 Acurus amplifier-150x2 Acurus amplifier-Emotiva UPA-2 amplifier-2 Mythos 4 (l/r)-1 Mythos 8 (c)-2 Mythos BPX (sides)-2 NHT Super Zero (rears)-Hsu VTF-2 MK3 subwoofer-Sony SDP-EP9ES digital surround processor-Xbox 360 Elite-Roku 3 streaming player-DVDO Edge, Darbeevision Darblet
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders