Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Let's Be Cops (Blu-ray)
$9.96

X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.96

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$11.99

The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$18.99

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$44.99

The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$149.99

True Detective (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Vikings: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Homeland: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

True Blood: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99

COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 02-07-2009, 12:42 AM   #1
Special Member

Aug 2007
Clermont-Ferrand, France
Send a message via MSN to TheTenth
Default Smallville 1-5?

any news of releases of first seasons? seems many series had the current seasons released but not the beginning ones ...
season 5 was released on HD DVD so why didn't Warner release it on Blu-ray?
BD player : PS3 / PC
TV : Samsung PS51D550
PS3 games : over 35
BD movies : over 350
Audio receiver : Sony HT-DDWG800, PCM enabled

Last edited by TheTenth; 02-07-2009 at 12:56 AM.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:27 AM   #2

Dec 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTenth View Post
any news of releases of first seasons? seems many series had the current seasons released but not the beginning ones ...
season 5 was released on HD DVD so why didn't Warner release it on Blu-ray?
They'll eventually get released in the coming few years but IMO the wait can't hurt cause as we've seen with Warner's earlier releases their video and audio is frankly horrible [Pushing Daises, Chuck and Sarah Connor for example]. You can at lease assure yourself that with the wait, Season 1 - 5 will have Digital TrueHD or even better audio and picture than Season 6 & 7.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:54 AM   #3
Banned

Jun 2008
Hollywood, California VIA Smallville, Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Be Not Nobody View Post
They'll eventually get released in the coming few years but IMO the wait can't hurt cause as we've seen with Warner's earlier releases their video and audio is frankly horrible [Pushing Daises, Chuck and Sarah Connor for example]. You can at lease assure yourself that with the wait, Season 1 - 5 will have Digital TrueHD or even better audio and picture than Season 6 & 7.
They'll probably release the entire set on Blu when the season ends and after Blu-ray has been popular for a while and prices go down. It'll probably include lossless audio by then as WB will hopefully improve AQ.

I don't understand why people think Seasons 6 and 7 have bad PQ. They don't IMO.
Old 02-07-2009, 03:03 AM   #4
Special Member

Aug 2007
Clermont-Ferrand, France
Send a message via MSN to TheTenth

Sarah Connor's PQ was fine to me
BD player : PS3 / PC
TV : Samsung PS51D550
PS3 games : over 35
BD movies : over 350
Audio receiver : Sony HT-DDWG800, PCM enabled
Old 02-07-2009, 06:31 PM   #5
Special Member

May 2007
Acworth, GA
Send a message via AIM to Croweyes1121

I agree about the PQ on the two seasons of Smallville that have been released on Blu. I think it looks great for a TV series myself. Absolutely leaves the standard DVD's in the dust at any rate, and what else can I really ask for? I, too, am wondering when we'll see Seasons 1-5, though (especially 5, though, since it was on HD DVD forever ago and was always a thorn in my side when I was trying to stay true Blu during the format war).
Old 02-11-2009, 03:35 PM   #6

Jun 2008

Just picked up Smallville Season 6 and 7 on blu-ray last night from Best buy for $34.99 each. Can't wait til the earlier ones are released - especially seasons 1-3 which in my opinion are when the show was truly great. After that, it got pretty blah except for a few good eps here and there (the Flash episode, when clark became lionel/lionel became clark, and the usual season finales/premieres).

I hope if they update the sound, they don't rerelease seasons 6-7 for a long time since I just grabbed mine.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:02 AM   #7

Nov 2008
Scotland
Send a message via MSN to GregS

I hope they don't release Seasons 1-5 for a good while. Over the past couple of months I've finally been able to complete my collection (Seasons 1-5 on dvd and 6-7 on Blu) so I'd hate it if they re-released the first 5 on Blu soon as I'd most likely want them again..
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies