COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$158.69
The Vincent Price Collection (Blu-ray)
$39.49
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray)
$64.99
In the Mouth of Madness (Blu-ray)
$9.49
Coraline (Blu-ray)
$19.70
V/H/S/2 (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$39.96
The Amityville Horror Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$33.49
Saw: The Complete Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Prisoners (Blu-ray)
$9.99
South Park: The Complete Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Leprechaun: The Complete Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.49
The Haunting (Blu-ray)
$9.49
Maleficent (Blu-ray)
$19.99
V/H/S/2 (Blu-ray)
$13.49
Hell of the Living Dead / Rats: Night of Terror (Blu-ray)
$16.49
Transformers: Age of Extinction 3D (Blu-ray)
$26.99
A Nightmare on Elm Street Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2009, 08:48 PM   #1
BRu-LAy BRu-LAy is offline
Special Member
 
BRu-LAy's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
Fortress of Solitude
16
Default Steet Fighter 25th Anniversary Set / Street Fighter IV: The Ties That Bind Blu-rays



Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector's Set Blu-ray Sept 18, 2012




Street Fighter IV: The Ties That Bind Blu-ray

Street Fighter IV: The Ties That Bind Blu-ray Review


Anyone seen this yet? This is the movie that comes with both collector's editions of Street Fighter IV.

If you have, what did you think of it?

I'm planning on watching it after work, so I'll put up my own review later
"I came to chew bubblegum and kick ass......and I'm all out of bubblegum" - They Live

Last edited by Deciazulado; 07-13-2012 at 04:52 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:48 PM   #2
The TRUST The TRUST is offline
Active Member
 
The TRUST's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
Seattle, WA
679
5
9
13
Default

Just got mine. Haven't watch it yet though.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:49 PM   #3
Red Hood Red Hood is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Red Hood's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
33
Default

are they gonna release it separate
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:19 AM   #4
Grimshaw23 Grimshaw23 is offline
Special Member
 
Grimshaw23's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
6
103
Default

How's the quality of the picture? And is the movie decent?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:05 AM   #5
The TRUST The TRUST is offline
Active Member
 
The TRUST's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
Seattle, WA
679
5
9
13
Default

Just finished watching it. The picture is good but I think it still could be better. I'd maybe give it a 4. As for the movie, if you're expecting lots of fighting then you'll be disappointed. There is some but the movie was made to mostly fill in the gaps of the story from SF2 to SF4. The artwork is pretty good but I still like the artwork from the original SF anime over this. Over all wise I thought it was worth the extra dough.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:00 PM   #6
u_nick u_nick is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
u_nick's Avatar
 
Jan 2007
CT, US
283
27
Default

I wish Gamestop would ship mine already!
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:26 PM   #7
Mr. J Mr. J is offline
Gaming Moderator
 
Mr. J's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
Arkham Asylum
6
400
5
4
153
Default

I want the CE of Street Fighter 4 just for this movie!
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:36 PM   #8
BRu-LAy BRu-LAy is offline
Special Member
 
BRu-LAy's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
Fortress of Solitude
16
Default

For anyone wondering, the video is in 1.85:1 Aspect ratio, and for HD sound they have english 5.1 dts-hd and japanese 5.1 dts-hd

Maybe its just me, but does anyone else think they animation could be better? It looked kind of cheap to me. Other than that, good story so far
"I came to chew bubblegum and kick ass......and I'm all out of bubblegum" - They Live
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:36 PM   #9
The TRUST The TRUST is offline
Active Member
 
The TRUST's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
Seattle, WA
679
5
9
13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRu-LAy View Post
For anyone wondering, the video is in 1.85:1 Aspect ratio, and for HD sound they have english 5.1 dts-hd and japanese 5.1 dts-hd

Maybe its just me, but does anyone else think they animation could be better? It looked kind of cheap to me. Other than that, good story so far
Animation looked fine to me. If you want to see an Anime that started iff great then the animation went to crap try Hakkenden. Good story and the animation was great but later on the animation was jsut horrible.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 06:42 PM   #10
HoOn HoOn is offline
Junior Member
 
Jan 2007
Default

I wasn't able to get the Collector's Edition of SF4 so I am trying to find where I can buy the blu-ray version of the movie. Anyone know where I can get it?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:08 PM   #11
Windows V Windows V is offline
Active Member
 
Oct 2008
60
Default

Quote:
I wasn't able to get the Collector's Edition of SF4 so I am trying to find where I can buy the blu-ray version of the movie. Anyone know where I can get it?
Currently it's not available by itself, but perhaps it may be released later on.

Anyways, regarding the movie, I would like to hear more reviews, especially on the movie itself and on PQ. Also, which is the default language, English or Japanese? As in, is it English with Japanese dubs or Japanese with English dubs? I would assume the main language is Japanese.... reason I ask is because the lip synch is usually a lot better with the default language.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:09 PM   #12
mugupo mugupo is offline
Special Member
 
mugupo's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
76
50
226
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRu-LAy View Post
For anyone wondering, the video is in 1.85:1 Aspect ratio, and for HD sound they have english 5.1 dts-hd and japanese 5.1 dts-hd

Maybe its just me, but does anyone else think they animation could be better? It looked kind of cheap to me. Other than that, good story so far
I still waiting my from deepdiscount, dts hd for dual audio is very good, something you won't find in u.s. release blu-ray, asian blu-ray often has dual hd audio. full ratio is good i think for animated. As long it remained sharp, animation isn't what it matter for capcom, they try to focus the gameplay is what it matter. Also is not like this is for wide release.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:22 PM   #13
calciumwaste calciumwaste is offline
Member
 
calciumwaste's Avatar
 
Aug 2008
Fussa, Jp
449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoOn View Post
I wasn't able to get the Collector's Edition of SF4 so I am trying to find where I can buy the blu-ray version of the movie. Anyone know where I can get it?
try ur local bestbuy. that would probably be ur last resort for $79.99 if they have them availble, just got mines from there. unless someone who reserved it @ gamestop decides they don't want it anymore, but very slim tho. bestbuy is ur best shot if ur going local, online its most likely gonna cost you some more. lot of online stores that have stopped selling them already.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 12:18 PM   #14
Funktion Funktion is offline
Senior Member
 
Funktion's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
1
Default

Can anyone please confirm if this Blu-Ray disc included in the US limited edition of the game is region-locked "A", or region-free?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 12:29 PM   #15
mariners2010 mariners2010 is offline
Member
 
Jan 2009
Default

Thanks for all the reviews. Im probably gonna pick up a copy.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:22 PM   #16
bandit29 bandit29 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
bandit29's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
Chicago, IL
144
28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRu-LAy View Post
For anyone wondering, the video is in 1.85:1 Aspect ratio, and for HD sound they have english 5.1 dts-hd and japanese 5.1 dts-hd

Maybe its just me, but does anyone else think they animation could be better? It looked kind of cheap to me. Other than that, good story so far
Ya I thought the animation looked cheap. Most anime nowadays does. In terms of animation, the old Street Fighter II anime movie from the mid-90s looks better than this in some parts. Still this new movie is pretty good.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 05:12 PM   #17
BRu-LAy BRu-LAy is offline
Special Member
 
BRu-LAy's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
Fortress of Solitude
16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit29 View Post
Ya I thought the animation looked cheap. Most anime nowadays does. In terms of animation, the old Street Fighter II anime movie from the mid-90s looks better than this in some parts. Still this new movie is pretty good.
Yeah I loved that movie. I think I was trying to compare it to that one.
"I came to chew bubblegum and kick ass......and I'm all out of bubblegum" - They Live
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 05:57 PM   #18
tilallr1 tilallr1 is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
tilallr1's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
Great White North
285
933
659
28
62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windows V View Post
Currently it's not available by itself, but perhaps it may be released later on.

Anyways, regarding the movie, I would like to hear more reviews, especially on the movie itself and on PQ. Also, which is the default language, English or Japanese? As in, is it English with Japanese dubs or Japanese with English dubs? I would assume the main language is Japanese.... reason I ask is because the lip synch is usually a lot better with the default language.
PQ was probably a 3 out of 5. Alot of color banding issues, completely related to the disc and NOT my TV. Plus the animation was not that great. Pretty cheap.

AQ was 3 out of 5. Especially since I watched the english dub. The voices were totally out of sync. One of the worst english dubs I have ever seen. It really bothered me in places. Could have been done a whole ton better.

Special Features were ok maybe a 3 out of 5. Only had Trailers for the game. I guess we should be lucky we got even that.

Story 2 out of 5. It really sucked and made mostly no sense. I thought Street Fighter Alpha: Generations was bad, but this really takes the cake for the worst Street Fighter anime so far.

Also, the lack of fighting really hurt as well. Mostly dialogue. Which when not in sync with the animation looks really bad.

Overall 3 out of 5 people.

If you are paying more than the standard price for the Collectors Edition just to get this anime, DON'T. Its sooooooo not worth the trouble or time. Your not missing much.

Question though, how can we get this disk listed in the listing of Blu-ray reviews of the main page?
TIL ALL ARE ONE THEATER
Projector: PIONEER FPJ1 (JVC RS2 Clone) 1080P LCOS
Screen: 106" EluneVision 16:9 (White) - 1.2 Gain
Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR705
Blu-ray: Sony Playstation 3 - 60GB
Power Protection: APC Smart-UPS 1500
Universal Remote: URC RFS200 PowerPak Bundle w/ MasterControl RF20 and PowerBlaster
SVS 7.2 SURROUND SOUND: Fronts & Surrounds: SVS SBS-01 / Center: SVS SCS-01 / Subs: SVS PB10-NSD

Last edited by tilallr1; 02-19-2009 at 06:05 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:06 PM   #19
Blurayne Blurayne is offline
Active Member
 
Blurayne's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
197
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilallr1 View Post
PQ was probably a 3 out of 5. Alot of color banding issues, completely related to the disc and NOT my TV. Plus the animation was not that great. Pretty cheap.

AQ was 3 out of 5. Especially since I watched the english dub. The voices were totally out of sync. One of the worst english dubs I have ever seen. It really bothered me in places. Could have been done a whole ton better.

Special Features were ok maybe a 3 out of 5. Only had Trailers for the game. I guess we should be lucky we got even that.

Story 2 out of 5. It really sucked and made mostly no sense. I thought Street Fighter Alpha: Generations was bad, but this really takes the cake for the worst Street Fighter anime so far.

Also, the lack of fighting really hurt as well. Mostly dialogue. Which when not in sync with the animation looks really bad.

Overall 3 out of 5 people.

If you are paying more than the standard price for the Collectors Edition just to get this anime, DON'T. Its sooooooo not worth the trouble or time. Your not missing much.

Question though, how can we get this disk listed in the listing of Blu-ray reviews of the main page?
I totally agree with the dubbing/animation part.
C'mon Croughing Tiger don't hide that Dragon.

Samsung50" Plasma
PolkAudio CS10, Monitor 60 series ii x2, Monitor 40 series ii x2, PSW10
Playstation 3
XBox 360
SONY SA-WM40
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:51 AM   #20
STARSCREAM STARSCREAM is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
STARSCREAM's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
Dagobah
148
29
Default

Haven't seen it but it sounds bad.
You wouldn't like me when I'm angry
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
Super Street Fighter IV - Out Now!! PS3 mugupo 894 06-10-2014 07:16 AM
Sister Street Fighter / Sister Street Fighter II [Blu-ray] (1976) Blu-ray Movies - North America BluFox 5 09-10-2010 07:09 PM
Street fighter 4 ? PS3 mrb820 0 02-22-2008 12:13 AM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:35 AM.