Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Nightbreed (Blu-ray)
$20.95
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Planes: Fire & Rescue (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Kingpin (Blu-ray)
$14.39
Welcome to the Space Show (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Scanners (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Tommy Boy (Blu-ray)
$4.88
Congo (Blu-ray)
$8.69
How to Train Your Dragon 2 (Blu-ray)
$19.98
The Girl Hunters (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Magic in the Moonlight (Blu-ray)
$22.79
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 02-26-2009, 05:35 PM   #1
Special Member

Aug 2007
Clermont-Ferrand, France
Send a message via MSN to TheTenth
Default Andromeda on Blu-ray?

Seems Star Trek begins to invade Blu-ray, I'm looking forward to TNG and DS9, but I like Andromeda a lot and would like to see it released.
It seems it was not released by Paramount, but by the Sci-Fi channel.
Any possible release?
BD player : PS3 / PC
TV : Samsung PS51D550
PS3 games : over 35
BD movies : over 350
Audio receiver : Sony HT-DDWG800, PCM enabled
Old 02-26-2009, 05:58 PM   #2
The Digital Bits

Jul 2008

It was not released by Sci-Fi, they simply had a "first dibs" deal on the last season where they showed episodes 2 weeks before syndication

It's owned by Tribune Entertainment, who used to have a distribution deal with ADV, but is currently homeless as far as home video goes.

It's never been that popular and didn't sell very ewll. The likelyhood of an HD upgrade is incredibly slim
Old 04-07-2012, 01:24 PM   #3

Dec 2010
North Carolina
USA I hate the sound of the dvd's

I really wish they would bring this to blu ray. The Dolby Digital sound of this is awful. I would to watch this show with DTS Master Audio. Is there still no plans to bring this to blu ray?
3D TV: Mitsubishi DLP 92840
Receiver: Pioneer Elite SC-37
Amplifier: Emotiva XPA-2, Emotiva UPA-1
Speakers: Mirage(2) OMD-28 floorstanding,(1) OMD-C2 Center Speaker, (4) OMDR Rear
Subwoofer: Mirage Prestige S-10
3D Blu Ray: Oppo 103
Old 04-08-2012, 12:22 PM   #4
Expert Member

Nov 2011
Melbourne, Australia

I would love this on Blu-ray. Trance Gemini and Rommie in Full HD would be unmissable.
Mirror Mirror (2012) - The best Snow White movie EVER!!!

Lily Collins - The most beautiful Snow White EVER!!!

Legend's Princess Lili - The most beautiful princess-in-distress

Frozen's Elsa - Attractive, alluring and sexy with the loveliest hips.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:11 PM   #5

Dec 2010
North Carolina
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark83 View Post
I would love this on Blu-ray. Trance Gemini and Rommie in Full HD would be unmissable.
What do you think of the sound quality of the dvd's? It really drive me crazy. Andromeda is the only thing that I have ever watched were the rear speakers act as a center speaker. All the dilagoue comes out of all the rear speakers and the center speaker. I have never heard of this before I was thought the center speaking was for dilagoue and the rear speakers were sound effects. I wonder why andromeda is different. Hopefully one day it will make it to blu ray
3D TV: Mitsubishi DLP 92840
Receiver: Pioneer Elite SC-37
Amplifier: Emotiva XPA-2, Emotiva UPA-1
Speakers: Mirage(2) OMD-28 floorstanding,(1) OMD-C2 Center Speaker, (4) OMDR Rear
Subwoofer: Mirage Prestige S-10
3D Blu Ray: Oppo 103
Old 04-09-2012, 10:49 AM   #6
Expert Member

Nov 2011
Melbourne, Australia

Here in Australia, Beyond Home Entertainment released the show twice on DVD. The season sets were:

First,
- Region 4, PAL encoded, 12-Disc sets with stereo sound (S1 - 4) and 5.1 (S5). Extras included BTS Featurettes, episode trailers, cast interviews etc.

Now,
- Region 0, NTSC encoded, 6-Disc sets with 5.1 audio and only extras being out-takes and deleted scenes.

I much preferred the former sets. When I watched episodes on the latter set on my DVD player through the stereo, the dialogue was coming more out of the right speaker than the left.

What really irritates me is why the studio replaced great box sets with crappy ones.

Old 07-15-2012, 06:48 AM   #7
Special Member

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark83 View Post
Here in Australia, Beyond Home Entertainment released the show twice on DVD. The season sets were:

First,
- Region 4, PAL encoded, 12-Disc sets with stereo sound (S1 - 4) and 5.1 (S5). Extras included BTS Featurettes, episode trailers, cast interviews etc.

Now,
- Region 0, NTSC encoded, 6-Disc sets with 5.1 audio and only extras being out-takes and deleted scenes.

I much preferred the former sets. When I watched episodes on the latter set on my DVD player through the stereo, the dialogue was coming more out of the right speaker than the left.

What really irritates me is why the studio replaced great box sets with crappy ones.
From a review on Amazon, it seems the NTSC Australian version are PAL to NTSC converts which bring in some interlacing and frame skipping problems.

I'm looking to buy a set that takes up way less room than the original ADV 2-disc sets w/ 4-5 episodes each at 10-disc per season in double-alpha cases. Looks like there's a 2010 reissue thru a Canadian distributor in 6-disc full season sets. But I'd hate to rebuy the set on DVD if there's any chance it could get a BD release. I tweeted Kevin Sorbo to see if he'd know anything. It'd probably depend on if the CG effects were rendered in SD or HD.
"In Brightest Day, In Darkest Night, No Evil Shall Escape My Sight, Let Those Who Worship Evil's Might, Beware My Power...Green Lantern's Light!
Old 07-16-2012, 06:45 PM   #8
Special Member

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln6Echo View Post
I tweeted Kevin Sorbo to see if he'd know anything. It'd probably depend on if the CG effects were rendered in SD or HD.
I got a reply from Kevin. He said the problem is that the company that owns the rights is in bankrupcty. And so Andromeda won't be getting a BD release until the company comes out of bankruptcy. I'm assuming its Tribune Entertainment.
"In Brightest Day, In Darkest Night, No Evil Shall Escape My Sight, Let Those Who Worship Evil's Might, Beware My Power...Green Lantern's Light!
Old 07-16-2012, 06:57 PM   #9
Special Member

Sep 2009
Default Gene Roddenberry's "Andromeda" (2000-2005) on Blu?

From the Wishlist Forum, inquiry was made whether or not the 5 season run of the Gene Roddenberry series Andromeda would ever come to Blu-ray.

Well, I have some news via Tiwtter on that.

I tweeted Kevin Sorbo (@ksorbs) about it the other day, and I got a reply today. He said that the company that owns it (assuming it's Tribune Entertainment) is in bankrupcty, and won't get a BD release until the company comes out of bankrupcy...when and if that will ever be.

That also may explain why some of the other Tribune properties aren't on Blu.

Last edited by Lincoln6Echo; 07-16-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:01 PM   #10

Dec 2011

Looks like our day has arrived.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Androm...Blu-ray/66179/

I'd been about to bite the bullet and pick up the Canadian DVD versions of the show. Glad I waited. I do hope its not just the UK that is getting this on blu.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:35 AM   #11
Expert Member

Nov 2011
Melbourne, Australia

That's wonderful news. Just pray they have some great extras similiar to the Star Trek releases.

I would like to see:

- Retrospective Making-of Documentaries
- Featurette on how they took Gene's written concept and made into the TV show.
- Promos
- Archival DVD extras

For the release of season 5, how about this:

- Where Have I Seen You Before?: A look at cast members who made appearances on all three Gene Roddenberry shows (Star Trek / Earth: Final Conflict / Andromeda.

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists