Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
A Nightmare on Elm Street Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$199.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.97
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Willow (Blu-ray)
$10.01
Attack on Titan Part 2 Limited Edition (Blu-ray)
$51.79
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.93
My Darling Clementine (Blu-ray)
$25.75
Hellsing Ultimate: Collection Volumes 5-8 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Faculty (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Blu-ray)
$10.39
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping

Old 03-03-2009, 08:43 AM   #1

Jul 2007
At the crossroad of Analogue Dr & 2CH Ave
Default COSTCO CANADA: General Purchase, Waranty and Return Procedures!

I work for Costco Canada and in the days to come I will post general info regarding the purchase, warrenty, price-protection and return policies on electronics, media and other related items of interest to members of Blu-ray.com .

I will edit this post as information gets added.

John

UPDATED MARCH 3, 2009

Memberships
Costco Wholesale is a membership-based warehouse club. You MUST BE A MEMBER to shop there. For info on this check your local Costco or visit Costca.ca online.

Methods of Payment
Store level - Amex, Cash, Cheque, Costco Cash Card, Executive Member Refund Cheques, Amex Refund Cheques or Debit
Online - Amex, Mastercard or Visa

Return Policy on Electronics -90 Days
The following items can be returned for a full refund within 90 days of date of purchase. They are: Televisions, Projectors, Computers, Cameras, Camcorders, Cellular Phones, iPod's & MP3 Players.

Return Policy on Media and other A/V Related Items - 100% Satisfaction Guarentee.
Media = Pre-recorded Blu-ray/DVD/CD discs, Recordable Blu-ray/DVD/CD discs, USB Sticks, Memory Cards, Computer Software, Books and Magazines
A/V Related Items = Componant Stands, Wall Mounts, A/V cables, Computer Cables, Surge Protectors, Battery Back-ups, HTIB's, USB Turntables, Blu-ray & DVD recorders, PVR's.
These can be returned at any time for a full refund.

Important: Costco WILL ACCEPT returns on OPENED media! It is the only retailer in Canada to do so.

Warranty on Electronics - 2 YEARS
All items listed under the 90-day Return policy (see above) come with a FREE 2 YEAR WARRANTY! After 90 days the warranty kicks in through the Costco Wholesale Concierge Services Technical Support. You will need to call 1-866-231-9731 for that service.

Note: Technical support for CELLULAR phones is provided by the cellphone service provider.

Price Protection - 30 DAYS
Costco will adjust the price you paid and refund the difference if the price of your purchase is lowered within the first 30 days of said purchase.
If there is a COUPON (hand-out at door usually) or an IRC (Instant Rebate Coupon) within 30 days of your purchase you may claim a refund. Any price adjustments for COUPONS and IRC's MUST be claimed within the dates indicated on the coupon or IRC (Costco price tag). If the coupon/IRC appears a week after your purchase and you go to claim your refund within 30 days, but AFTER the coupon/IRC expired, you will NOT be able to obtain said refund.

Condition of goods upon return
Costco does not require that you bring back your product with the packaging. It would be nice, but they understand this is not always feasible. You will not get a hassle bringing your HDTV back without the box.
You will however by denied a refund if any part of the product is missing and that includes Manuals, CD's.

Payout of refund
KEEP YOUR RECEIPT. I cannot emphasize this enough. Bring it with you when making a return. The transaction will go smoother and indeed quicker. If you have your receipt they will reimburse based on the method of payment you used. If you used AMEX - your AMEX will be credited. Same for debit. If you used cash or wrote a cheque - you will get cash. If you do NOT have your receipt - you will be issued a Costco Cash Card. This can only be used at Costco. SO KEEP YOUR RECEIPT and BRING IT WITH YOU.
John - I love the smell of vinyl in the morning!
My personal motto: "Live Life! Leave A Legacy!"
I reserve the right to post as a member. When I post as a Moderator I will select a color depending on my mood!
AudioQuest - Genesis - Marantz Reference - Mogami - Nitty Gritty - Nottingham - Ortofon - Rega - Valab/King

Last edited by Johnny Vinyl; 03-03-2009 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Updated information on March 3, 2009
Old 03-03-2009, 01:01 PM   #2
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2007
USA

good Deal, Thanks for doing that
Old 03-03-2009, 07:21 PM   #3

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbbud View Post
good Deal, Thanks for doing that
Thanks and update done!

John
I reserve the right to post as a member. When I post as a Moderator I will select a color depending on my mood!
AudioQuest - Genesis - Marantz Reference - Mogami - Nitty Gritty - Nottingham - Ortofon - Rega - Valab/King
Old 03-03-2009, 07:29 PM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2007

Thanks for the info!

I didn't know that you could return opened media at Costco... This is weird, do they reseal and sell them?

If you want, you could post deals on blu-ray media and player
Old 03-03-2009, 07:45 PM   #5

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johk View Post
Thanks for the info!

I didn't know that you could return opened media at Costco... This is weird, do they reseal and sell them?

If you want, you could post deals on blu-ray media and player
No...they receive full credit from their supplier. Any opened media goes directly into our Returns Dept.

John
Old 03-03-2009, 09:36 PM   #6
Power Member

Jan 2009
Right next to Wineville, CA

Costco has the best returns policy in the industry. Another reason to avoid Sam's.

Now what is this: "Cheque"? You canooks have a strange way of spelling! It is Check!
Samsung BD-P2500 (f/w ver 2.7 via USB)
Samsung LN-40A650
Denon AVR-889 7.1 [Retired: 1998 Sony STR-DE925 5.1 dts]
Cherry Polk Audio Monitor 50 Front, JBL Northridge 24II Surrounds & Rears
Cherry Polk Audio CS1 Center Channel
Cherry Polk Audio PSW10 Sub
Patriot Box Office Core HD media player; Technics SL-Q350 O.S. licorice pizza player
Denon ASD-3N media bridge; Sony SLV-M11HF VCR; Logitech Harmony 880
Old 03-03-2009, 10:34 PM   #7

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
Costco has the best returns policy in the industry. Another reason to avoid Sam's.

Now what is this: "Cheque"? You canooks have a strange way of spelling! It is Check!

It may be CHECK to you, but it's CHEQUE in Canada, England and every other English-speaking nation in the world.

Also, it's Canucks! Not Canooks! So if you want to correct me do it right!

John
Old 03-03-2009, 10:41 PM   #8
Special Member

Jan 2008
just north of Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by John72953 View Post

It may be CHECK to you, but it's CHEQUE in Canada, England and every other English-speaking nation in the world.

Also, it's Canucks! Not Canooks! So if you want to correct me do it right!

John
you tell em, eh!!!
Sony KDL 52W3000
PS3 120gb SLIM
Pioneer 7.1 Channel HDMI Receiver (VSX-1018TXV-K)
Polk Audio CS10 center channel - this thing ROCKS
Bubba the Love Sponge on RadioIO.com = Best Radio EVER!!!
Old 03-03-2009, 10:42 PM   #9
Power Member

Jan 2009
Right next to Wineville, CA

That was a deliberate pun on the spelling of "Canadian".

And spelling it with a 'que' ending looks French to me. Even in England there was French influence on the language. So it wasn't until it got HERE that the language was "corrected". Just look what those kids are doing to it with their spelling in texts and emails.

I am just having a bit of fun and no harm is intended.
Samsung BD-P2500 (f/w ver 2.7 via USB)
Samsung LN-40A650
Denon AVR-889 7.1 [Retired: 1998 Sony STR-DE925 5.1 dts]
Cherry Polk Audio Monitor 50 Front, JBL Northridge 24II Surrounds & Rears
Cherry Polk Audio CS1 Center Channel
Cherry Polk Audio PSW10 Sub
Patriot Box Office Core HD media player; Technics SL-Q350 O.S. licorice pizza player
Denon ASD-3N media bridge; Sony SLV-M11HF VCR; Logitech Harmony 880
Old 03-03-2009, 11:00 PM   #10

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
That was a deliberate pun on the spelling of "Canadian".

And spelling it with a 'que' ending looks French to me. Even in England there was French influence on the language. So it wasn't until it got HERE that the language was "corrected". Just look what those kids are doing to it with their spelling in texts and emails.

I am just having a bit of fun and no harm is intended.
I know no harm was intended that why I ended it with a !

It's all good!

John
Old 03-03-2009, 11:01 PM   #11

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original-6ix View Post
you tell em, eh!!!
That's right you HOSER you!

John
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping