Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
Fairy Tail: Part 12 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.99
The Bubble 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Nightbreed (Blu-ray)
$20.95
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Planes: Fire & Rescue (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Magic in the Moonlight (Blu-ray)
$22.79
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Kingpin (Blu-ray)
$14.39
Scanners (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Tommy Boy (Blu-ray)
$4.88
Welcome to the Space Show (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Congo (Blu-ray)
$8.69
How to Train Your Dragon 2 (Blu-ray)
$19.98
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 03-31-2009, 03:43 AM   #1

Aug 2007
Arrow Star Trek Sequel On Track

According to Variety, they've hired a trio of writers already:

Quote:
As Paramount Pictures readies the May 8 release of its "Star Trek" franchise relaunch, the studio is moving forward with a sequel, and has hired Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman and Damon Lindelof to pen the screenplay.

J.J. Abrams, who directed and produced the latest chapter, is onboard to produce the follow-up alongside his Bad Robot partner Bryan Burk. No decision has been made yet on whether Abrams will return behind the camera for the sequel.

Orci, Kurtzman and Lindelof also are receiving producing credit on the sequel.

Story is still in the embryonic stage, but the trio are aiming to deliver their script to the Melrose studio by Christmas for what would likely be a summer 2011 release.

"There's obviously a lot of hubris involved in signing on to write a sequel of a movie that hasn't even come out yet," said Lindelof, co-creator with Abrams of ABC's "Lost" who produced the upcoming "Trek" but did not contribute to Orci and Kurtzman's screenplay. "But we're so excited about the first one that we wanted to proceed."

As for potential storylines, Kurtzman stressed that the writing team will wait to take a cue from fan reaction about which direction to go.

"Obviously we discussed ideas, but we are waiting to see how audiences respond next month," he said. "With a franchise rebirth, the first movie has to be about origin. But with a second, you have the opportunity to explore incredibly exciting things. We'll be ambitious about what we'll do."

Though Orci and Kurtzman have worked together as a writing team for more than 12 years, the duo has worked with Lindelof on only one screenplay: DreamWorks' "Cowboys and Aliens," which they are currently writing together.

Paramount has high hopes for the "Star Trek" relaunch, and is pulling out all the stops on the marketing front. Studio began a full-scale campaign six months before the film's May bow.
I Like the Way You Move!

"This is the story of the GreenScar, The Eye Of Anger, The World Breaker, Harkanon, Haarg, Holku, HULK, and how he finally came home." May the Sakaarson show mercy on your soul!
Old 03-31-2009, 03:46 AM   #2

Sep 2008

wow, is it just me or are studios planning sequels faster and faster before the first movie hits theaters nowadays. star trek 2 will probably be a pretty safe bet tho, considering how much money this one will likely make.

My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old.
I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced
diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning,
if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while
doing stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:48 AM   #3
Blu-ray Knight

May 2007
I move around a lot.

Hey, maybe they can actually do a Borg movie - and this time do it on an "Epic" scale, instead of a battle on the ship.

Either way, very excited about this new Star Trek movie - hope it's good and we get a fun sequel.

Although, if it is awesome, that'd suck if J.J. doesn't get in the director's chair again.

This is my most anticipated movie for the summer! /
PS3, 250 gig slim, 65" Mitsubishi - 1080p, Onkyo 706:
PSN ID - CYMBOL

MY LBP LEVELS - http://lbp.me/u/CYMBOL/levels
Old 03-31-2009, 04:08 AM   #4
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2007
Florida

Quote:
As for potential storylines, Kurtzman stressed that the writing team will wait to take a cue from fan reaction about which direction to go.

"Obviously we discussed ideas, but we are waiting to see how audiences respond next month," he said. "With a franchise rebirth, the first movie has to be about origin. But with a second, you have the opportunity to explore incredibly exciting things.
Orion slave girls.
Now the real pain begins, Danny-boy.

My Theater/Media Room.................................................. ............My Media Wall Cabinet(How To/DIY)
Old 03-31-2009, 04:29 AM   #5

Aug 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob71 View Post
Orion slave girls.
They've got em in the first! Click the pick to check out more trading cards.

I Like the Way You Move!

"This is the story of the GreenScar, The Eye Of Anger, The World Breaker, Harkanon, Haarg, Holku, HULK, and how he finally came home." May the Sakaarson show mercy on your soul!

Last edited by GreenScar; 03-31-2009 at 04:35 AM.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:32 AM   #6
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2008
Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYMBOL View Post
Hey, maybe they can actually do a Borg movie - and this time do it on an "Epic" scale, instead of a battle on the ship.

Either way, very excited about this new Star Trek movie - hope it's good and we get a fun sequel.

Although, if it is awesome, that'd suck if J.J. doesn't get in the director's chair again.

This is my most anticipated movie for the summer! /
First Contact was a Borg movie and it was great.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:00 PM   #7
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007
the guy on the couch

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedarkangel1975 View Post
i think he knows that, sounds like he meant with the borg being as overwhelming an enemy as they are, there should be a movie that doesn't just take place on the enterprise with a small handful of drones like first contact did, and instead on the EPIC scale that the borg as an enemy could be
Aggressive MiniHorse

Xbox Tag: KrazeyEyez
Old 03-31-2009, 12:08 PM   #8
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
New Orleans

Pre-Voyager watered down Borg please! None of this Quadrant Zero or whatever rebellion. None of the we can't beat this one species, please help us humans. I want the unstoppable Borg that first appeared when Q first sent the Enterprise to meet them.
Panasonic 56LCZ70
Onkyo 605
2xPolk TSi-400 bi-amped
2xPolk Monitor 50
Polk CS2
Hsu Research VTF-2
Old 03-31-2009, 12:46 PM   #9
Special Member

Dec 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marquoz View Post
Pre-Voyager watered down Borg please! None of this Quadrant Zero or whatever rebellion. None of the we can't beat this one species, please help us humans. I want the unstoppable Borg that first appeared when Q first sent the Enterprise to meet them.

Kind of the wrong generation,is it not?

I am not a trekkie but this flick does look pretty cool
PSN:e4sph GT:Rasputin1775
Old 03-31-2009, 01:03 PM   #10

May 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPH View Post
Kind of the wrong generation,is it not?

I am not a trekkie but this flick does look pretty cool
+1
I am not a huge trek fan either but this 'relaunch' has sparked an interest that will probably take me to see in a theater!
Old 03-31-2009, 05:51 PM   #11
Blu-ray Knight

May 2007
I move around a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedarkangel1975 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazeyeyez View Post
i think he knows that, sounds like he meant with the borg being as overwhelming an enemy as they are, there should be a movie that doesn't just take place on the enterprise with a small handful of drones like first contact did, and instead on the EPIC scale that the borg as an enemy could be
Exactly - First Contact was the first Movie version of the Borg on the big screen.

I went in looking for an EPIC space battle, and got a 2 minute show down.

Tons of Good guys against one Borg cube? The situations should have been reversed.

The phrase the Borg say is, "Resistance is Futile" - this should have been the Next Generations "Wrath of Khan". We, the viewers, should have got the feeling that "Oh man, there is no stopping these guys!". Instead we got, "Oh fine, let's abandon ship. Guess I should have done that a long time ago."

It was a decent movie, but could have been so much more.
PS3, 250 gig slim, 65" Mitsubishi - 1080p, Onkyo 706:
PSN ID - CYMBOL

MY LBP LEVELS - http://lbp.me/u/CYMBOL/levels
Old 03-31-2009, 06:36 PM   #12
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2008

The borg shouldn't be part of the kirk days unless they are changing everything.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:16 PM   #13
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Montreal
Send a message via Yahoo to P@t_Mtl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sussudio View Post
wow, is it just me or are studios planning sequels faster and faster before the first movie hits theaters nowadays. star trek 2 will probably be a pretty safe bet tho, considering how much money this one will likely make.
Pretty soon they will be doing the sequel before doing the original movie...oh wait!
---------------------------------------------------
My avatar will Wait Until Dark for a Roman Holiday since this world as War & Peace
and it would be fun to actually have Breakfast At Tiffany's with My Fair Lady
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies