Best Blu-ray Deals

Black Friday Week is Live, $3.99 Blu-ray Movies »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$29.99
14 hrs ago
The Purge: Anarchy (Blu-ray)
$9.99
3 hrs ago
Chef (Blu-ray)
$9.99
7 hrs ago
Rain Man (Blu-ray)
$3.99

A Million Ways to Die in the West (Blu-ray)
$9.99
14 hrs ago
Person of Interest: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The Blacklist: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$14.96
23 hrs ago
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Rise of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$3.99
23 hrs ago
The Princess Bride (Blu-ray)
$3.99
9 hrs ago
Lone Survivor (Blu-ray)
$7.99

X-Men: First Class (Blu-ray)
$3.99

The Avengers (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 04-06-2009, 02:25 AM   #1
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington
Default "It" Remake R-rated

I don't know if I can see this! Clowns are the only thing that truly creeps me out and I still hate the original because of creepy ass Tim Curry but this looks like it's next............well i guess the point of horror is to actually be scared right?

One remake I'm pretty excited for is Warner Bros. Pictures' It, a new adaptation of Stephen King's popular novel that follows a group of kids called the Losers Club that encounter a creature called It, which preys on children and whose favorite form is that of a sadistic clown called Pennywise. Today the first ever interview was posted online with Dave Kajganich, writer of the reboot, who will bring the film to modern day in an R-rated fashion!

"The remake will be set in the mid-1980s and in the present almost equally -- mirroring the twenty-odd-year gap King uses in the book -- and with a *great* deal of care and attention paid to the backstories of all the characters," Kajganich told Dread Central in an exclusive interview. "I think the real twist here is that my pitch to WB -- which they've assured me they're on board for -- is that this will not be PG-13. This will be R. Which means we can really honor the book and engage with the traumas (both the paranormal ones and those they deal with at home and school) that these character endure."

Last edited by WyldeMan45; 04-06-2009 at 02:27 AM.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:27 AM   #2
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
-
-

i hadn't heard about this. a rated R "it" remake? i think i'm down for this. i didn't get to see "it" until i was too old to get creeped out by it, so this should be pretty cool
Old 04-06-2009, 02:27 AM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2008
Moore, Oklahoma
Send a message via Yahoo to brett_day

one of my fave Stephen king adaptations and my fave SK book! they should leave it alone though! The original movie for TV was awesome! I cannot see anyone else but Tim Curry playing Pennywise......
Old 04-06-2009, 02:29 AM   #4
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett_day View Post
one of my fave Stephen king adaptations and my fave SK book! they should leave it alone though! The original movie for TV was awesome! I cannot see anyone else but Tim Curry playing Pennywise......

Yeah they started moving forward with this about 5 months ago, but I figured it was just a rumor. What I don't understand is that the book was so long, and the miniseries was like what 6 hours? So how are they going to cut this down to under 2 hours? Maybe they'll cats Jackie Earl Haley and he'll just become the new go to guy for creepy dudes in masks and prostetics, haha.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:32 AM   #5
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2008
Moore, Oklahoma
Send a message via Yahoo to brett_day

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldeMan45 View Post
Yeah they started moving forward with this about 5 months ago, but I figured it was just a rumor. What I don't understand is that the book was so long, and the miniseries was like what 6 hours? So how are they going to cut this down to under 2 hours? Maybe they'll cats Jackie Earl Haley and he'll just become the new go to guy for creepy dudes in masks and prostetics, haha.
yeah the book was huge 1300+ pages if i remember correctly. They will not be able to make a it a good movie in under 2 hours imho
Old 04-06-2009, 02:33 AM   #6
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
San Antonio

Cool. I'll be looking forward to watching this in a theater. It might be worth paying 9.50. Since the original "It" was a very long movie, I wonder how long the remake will be? A very long "R" rated "It" movie? That'd be sweet
Old 04-06-2009, 02:34 AM   #7
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
-
-

yeah you guys make an excellent point, i forgot all about how long it was.

edit: actually..wiki says it was 192 min approx. they could easily make this a 2.5 hour movie and still make it good
Old 04-06-2009, 02:35 AM   #8
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtop View Post
yeah you guys make an excellent point, i forgot all about how long it was.
First my thought was NO NO NO NO NO NO NO I hate clowns!!!

My second thought was Can't Sleep Pennywise Will Eat Me!!!

My third thought, that was a very long book how can they adapt that!!!

My final thought, CLOWNS!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-06-2009, 02:52 AM   #9

Jan 2007

Sweet, I'm down. The original really freaked me out when I was a kid. Thanks for the info.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:57 AM   #10
Super Moderator

Jul 2007
Edo, Land of the Samurai

Lets hope that Rob Zombie is not involved in this project.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:59 AM   #11
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
San Antonio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Titan View Post
Uwe Boll should be involved
Old 04-06-2009, 02:59 AM   #12
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
This is Warner, and why must everybody take a shot at Rob in every single horror thread? He's no Uwe Boll for christ sakes and he's only remade Halloween. He's not Sam Jackson in every movie ever made.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:03 AM   #13
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
Metropolis

A good positive first step by making it as a R-rated movie. I hope that does not impact the budget. Studios tend to commit less money to R-rated horror movies as the potential audience is just so much smaller.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:05 AM   #14
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-ray Fanatic View Post
Uwe Boll should be involved
Wow we posted at the exact same time mentioning Uwe Boll..........hahah scary
Old 04-06-2009, 03:08 AM   #15
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
A good positive first step by making it as a R-rated movie. I hope that does not impact the budget. Studios tend to commit less money to R-rated horror movies as the potential audience is just so much smaller.
Well it depends on the casting, you can make horror movies for under $10 million that will gross a lot. Look at these for examples:

Texas Chainsaw:
Production Budget: $9.5 million
Worldwide Gross: $107,071,655

Saw:
Production Budget: $1.2 million

Worldwide: $103,096,345
Old 04-06-2009, 03:19 AM   #16

Jan 2009
Louisiana

I'll Go See It
Old 04-06-2009, 03:24 AM   #17
The Busey

Apr 2008
Ohio

Do you have a link for the rumor?

Also the book 'It' is one of my favorite books...ever.

I thought that they did a decent job in the original movie portraying the book. They cut the scenes where they needed to, but left enough in to get the point across.

I'm surprised that they are remaking it actually as I thought the first one was just about perfectly done. Its not like they needed a ton of special effects or anything. I guess its just another ploy to make more money.
"The word fan is an obsolete word to me. It means two thing: fantastic or fanatic. Or something that hangs on a ceiling or sits on a table and blows wind in your face." - Gary Busey
Old 04-06-2009, 03:26 AM   #18
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine Mike View Post
Do you have a link for the rumor?

Also the book 'It' is one of my favorite books...ever.

I thought that they did a decent job in the original movie portraying the book. They cut the scenes where they needed to, but left enough in to get the point across.

I'm surprised that they are remaking it actually as I thought the first one was just about perfectly done. Its not like they needed a ton of special effects or anything. I guess its just another ploy to make more money.
Oh sorry I thought I posted the source in the original post, but I in fact forgot it http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/15810 Maybe since the first never went to theaters they are trying to make some cash, and turn this into the Pennywise franchise and make several movies since there is probably enough material, lol. 3 movies long like LOTR before the big payoff.

Here is another mention from March http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/15570

Last edited by WyldeMan45; 04-06-2009 at 03:32 AM.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:31 AM   #19
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
Virginia Beach, VA

Quote:
He's the director of the new generation that I can trust with this.....maybe Eli Roth.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:33 AM   #20
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhatetheliving View Post
He's the director of the new generation that I can trust with this.....maybe Eli Roth.
I am in the minority of Halloween fans who still enjoyed what Zombie did, but because it was different everybody *****ed and cried about it . I would be fine if Zombie did this, it would be guaranteed to be brutal, but like i said it's a Warner movie, so he's not even an option.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies