Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$55.95
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.95
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
James Cameron's Deepsea Challenge 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.89
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Game of Thrones - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Red Cliff Part I & II (Blu-ray)
$13.39
John Carter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.91
Attack on Titan Part 2 Limited Edition (Blu-ray)
$51.79
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 06-04-2007, 11:20 AM   #1

Mar 2007
Default Battlestar Galactica When on BLU RAY????

yo all,
I am an avid fan of Battlestar galactica and was wondering when will the new series be lanched on Blu ray or will it even come out on Blu ray ??
Old 06-04-2007, 11:23 AM   #2
Power Member

Aug 2005
Sheffield, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanoid View Post
yo all,
I am an avid fan of Battlestar galactica and was wondering when will the new series be lanched on Blu ray or will it even come out on Blu ray ??
They're Universal titles so unfortunately we have to wait till they cave and start releasing on BD.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:40 PM   #3

Mar 2007

noooooooooooooooooooooo
Old 06-04-2007, 02:48 PM   #4
Power Member

Mar 2007

Universal owns NBC, SCI-Fi Channel, & USA.
So shows like Battlestar Galactica, Heroes, & Monk we won't see until Universal goes Blu.

Of course TV shows I fell are lacking on Blu-ray. I bought Planet Earth, but there's nothing else out that I'm interested in.

24 and Stargate Atlantis have be been announce for Blu-ray but neither one has a release date has of yet.
Warner release Smallville Season 5 on HDDVD but they won't be releasing it on Blu-ray.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:27 PM   #5
Power Member

Sep 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterXeus View Post
Universal owns NBC, SCI-Fi Channel, & USA.
So shows like Battlestar Galactica, Heroes, & Monk we won't see until Universal goes Blu.
Well, the channel they are on is not necessarily indicative of who owns the show. I'm not sure of what NBC-Universal's policy is of using outside production companies, but some shows appearing on certain networks are not actually owned by those networks/production companies. For example, I was surprised to find that the Nip/Tuck BD is a Warner release. Nip/Tuck comes on F/X which is a Fox owned cable network. This of course means that Nip/Tuck will also be available on HD DVD.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:02 PM   #6
Power Member

Mar 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenRedux View Post
Well, the channel they are on is not necessarily indicative of who owns the show. I'm not sure of what NBC-Universal's policy is of using outside production companies, but some shows appearing on certain networks are not actually owned by those networks/production companies. For example, I was surprised to find that the Nip/Tuck BD is a Warner release. Nip/Tuck comes on F/X which is a Fox owned cable network. This of course means that Nip/Tuck will also be available on HD DVD.
You're right, I guess I should have went into more detail about it. Deadzone is airing on USA, but it is a Liongate Release. Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis are both airing on Sci-fi Channel, but they are from MGM.
Battlestar Galactica, Heroes, & Monk are Universal releases so we'll have to wait
Old 06-04-2007, 04:30 PM   #7
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2007
Arlington, Texas PSNetwork: dk3dknight PostCount: 0001
Send a message via MSN to dk3dknight Send a message via Yahoo to dk3dknight

I wouldnt mind a set of blu-rays with the old ones..

Im sorry I got to a point that I could not watch the
new ones, the new series does not have the right
to call itself Battle Star Galatica. Its a embarrassment
when you compare them...

If they were going to redo them they should have done
the original series justice...

I bought the old dvd movie release, but sadly Universal
owns the entire license to Battle Star Galatica last I
checked.
Sony KDL-26S3000 3/1/08
"You must be steel, You must be Doom, You shall know no fear, We march for Macragge!"
blu-ray.com 1 PS3 Home Club
blu-ray.com 2 PS3 Home Club
[E][R][R][O][R] [P][u][R][G][E]

Old 06-04-2007, 05:03 PM   #8
Power Member

Mar 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk3dknight View Post
I wouldnt mind a set of blu-rays with the old ones..

Im sorry I got to a point that I could not watch the
new ones, the new series does not have the right
to call itself Battle Star Galatica. Its a embarrassment
when you compare them...

If they were going to redo them they should have done
the original series justice...

I bought the old dvd movie release, but sadly Universal
owns the entire license to Battle Star Galatica last I
checked.
I agree that new Battlestar Galatica is totally different than the original series. For me there's not enough Sci-fi in the show, I stop watching the show during the 2nd season. I'm not surprise that the show is being cancel next year, but I'm surprise that making another season after such bad ratings this year.

Stargate SG-1 (which was there flagship before this year) was being cancel because of low ratings, but SG-1 ratings are better than B.G. Sci-fi Channel made alot of mistakes this year, but then again, they are own by Universal which is making a mistake by not releasing their movies on Blu-ray.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:30 PM   #9
Expert Member

Jun 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterXeus View Post
I agree that new Battlestar Galatica is totally different than the original series. For me there's not enough Sci-fi in the show, I stop watching the show during the 2nd season. I'm not surprise that the show is being cancel next year, but I'm surprise that making another season after such bad ratings this year.

Stargate SG-1 (which was there flagship before this year) was being cancel because of low ratings, but SG-1 ratings are better than B.G. Sci-fi Channel made alot of mistakes this year, but then again, they are own by Universal which is making a mistake by not releasing their movies on Blu-ray.
Good points. I just wish that early next year, Universal will make the wise decision to phase in Blu-Ray production, and I'd be willing to purchase their releases in Blu-Ray. Hopefully, they will be open to the decision, and put an end to this lousy format war.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:41 PM   #10

May 2007
Indiana, USA

It kills me that Galactica isn't going to be released on Blu-ray anytime soon also. I have the first two seasons on DVD and I won't purchase the third until I can buy it on Blu. I'm just going to watch the reruns on Universal HD.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:52 PM   #11
Special Member

Feb 2007
Just left of the Alpha Quadrant

So you all know, season 4 will be the last season there Not renewing BSG. 24 eps in 2008 + 2 bonus Pegasus eps this Fall.
'A verbal agreement is as good as the paper it is writen on'

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal." - Albert Einstein
Old 06-04-2007, 06:01 PM   #12
Power Member

Sep 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyon View Post
So you all know, season 4 will be the last season there Not renewing BSG. 24 eps in 2008 + 2 bonus Pegasus eps this Fall.
So, that has been finalised? The last I heard it was still undecided. I'm sad to see it go. I really liked the series. I suppose it was just too dark for most people.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:06 PM   #13
Banned

Oct 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenRedux View Post
So, that has been finalised? The last I heard it was still undecided. I'm sad to see it go. I really liked the series. I suppose it was just too dark for most people.
It is final, Ron Moore, the show runner, announced it last Friday.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:16 AM   #14

Mar 2007

SciFi.com's announcement of Season 4 being the last one.
If You're Failing to Plan,
You're Planning to Fail.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:39 PM   #15
Power Member

Sep 2006

Old 06-06-2007, 04:49 PM   #16
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2007
Arlington, Texas PSNetwork: dk3dknight PostCount: 0001
Send a message via MSN to dk3dknight Send a message via Yahoo to dk3dknight

Perhaps now the show can be rehitched on another network
that is hopefully more true to the series, then this adultrous
half slack of a show.

Sadly I think this cost BG time its going to take alot of good
time.

Oh why oh why did you pitch it to SCI-Fi...
Sony KDL-26S3000 3/1/08
"You must be steel, You must be Doom, You shall know no fear, We march for Macragge!"
blu-ray.com 1 PS3 Home Club
blu-ray.com 2 PS3 Home Club
[E][R][R][O][R] [P][u][R][G][E]

Old 06-06-2007, 05:25 PM   #17

May 2007
Earth..I think...no, wait yeah...I think
Send a message via AIM to IamNhobdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyon View Post
Well it was kind of obvious by the end of last season that we're getting really close to the end.

I own some of this show and SG1 on dvd, but I can't bring myself to buy the rest now that I've been spoiled Blu. I know my PS3 upscales, but it's just not the same. Anyway, I can wait for the blu-ray versions indefinitely if I have to, but I would certainly re-buy the seasons I have to have 'em all on blu-ray. I'll just give the dvd's to my buddy, Joe.
Facebook.com/SugarInTheGasTank
Old 06-06-2007, 06:36 PM   #18
Special Member

Feb 2007
Just left of the Alpha Quadrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNhobdy View Post
Well it was kind of obvious by the end of last season that we're getting really close to the end.

I own some of this show and SG1 on dvd, but I can't bring myself to buy the rest now that I've been spoiled Blu. I know my PS3 upscales, but it's just not the same. Anyway, I can wait for the blu-ray versions indefinitely if I have to, but I would certainly re-buy the seasons I have to have 'em all on blu-ray. I'll just give the dvd's to my buddy, Joe.

I would love to see SG-1 seasons 1-5 realesed on BD ASAP. Those seasons where awful transfers. Same to with season 2 of Stargate Atlantis, it so soft come paired to the 1st season dvd set.
'A verbal agreement is as good as the paper it is writen on'

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal." - Albert Einstein
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America