Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Flash: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Tenth Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Transformers: The Last Knight 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Supernatural: The Complete Twelfth Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Monty Python and the Holy Grail (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gotham: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Supergirl: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Sherlock: Season Four (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Blade Runner 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Annabelle: Creation (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Deadwood: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Star Trek Beyond 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers

Old 05-08-2009, 02:15 AM   #1
Blu-ray Champion

Jan 2008
Southern California
Default The Official Infinity Speakers Thread

Please discuss your Infinity speakers in this thread. You can include pictures, reviews, or any other comments regarding your speakers.

Manufacturer’s Website: http://www.infinitysystems.com/home/default.aspx
Old 05-08-2009, 02:40 AM   #2

Apr 2009
washington(state)

primus 250-floor standing monitors
c25-center channel
ps10 250watt-sub
i have been pretty happy with this setup so far as it was my first upgrade from a sony htib about 3 years ago. i have leaned ALOT since and plan to splurge on a 6 grand definitive technology upgrade. "I" feel that when listening to cd's or music on the higher cable channels that the bass from the sub fills the room quiet nice maybe even a little over powering which is the way i like. the monitors have held up nicely given that i have a tendency to abuse them a little. i have them bridged out of my onkyo 876 which i get the feeling that this will be the downfall of these speakers. they have ok low end bass, the mids are their strong point and the highs are not silky smooth but fill the room nicely. the center channel is probably the strongest speaker of the bunch as it has deep bass and very clear dialog.
new dedicated theater is under construction
will be buying/replacing all gear with new stuff.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:44 PM   #3
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2007

I have 2 Primus P250 floor standing speakers and a PC350 center channel. Imo, the primus line will not blow you away, but it is very good bang for the buck. As soon as Fry's puts the Primus P362 floor standing speakers on sale again ($299ea - regular vs $258 per pair - sale) I will put those on my front stage to better match the beastly PC350 center and move the PC250's to the back.

If anyone catches the P362's on sale at Frys Electronics for $258 a pair, please PM me.
RIP Nav. I will miss you buddy.

Go Blue, Wings, Tigers, Lions, Pistons!
Famous Blu-ray.com Quotes:
"the Anti-Crim wasn't banned, though...just regular and pirate version" - jkwest
"Crim if you can read this, give us a sign." - dpompeo (aka dpomp)
"I'm glad you aren't dead." - BruceWayne
"Brucey!!!! nice...getting lucky with some rapper skank!" - jkwest
Old 05-08-2009, 05:49 PM   #4
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2007

As you can see, the grill doesn't cover the bottom of the cabinet. I there a good/clean/easy way to paint it black? If it is a big deal, I can live with a bit of silver.

"the Anti-Crim wasn't banned, though...just regular and pirate version" - jkwest

Last edited by Go Blue; 05-08-2009 at 05:51 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:58 PM   #5
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2007
Washington, DC
Send a message via AIM to statikcat Send a message via Yahoo to statikcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
As you can see, the grill doesn't cover the bottom of the cabinet. I there a good/clean/easy way to paint it black? If it is a big deal, I can live with a bit of silver.

I have these and the silver is annoying to me also but the speaker sounds great and the matching center is excellent. I was thinking about finding a way to maybe mod the speaker grill or something so it extends lower. I won't paint mine because eventually I will sell them to upgrade. There might be a way to put some kind of black sticky film on it. Something that will stick in place but not damage the unit. Was actually just recently looking into this myself!
Old 05-08-2009, 10:08 PM   #6
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2007
PDX

I would check with www.parts-express.com . They sell a number of inexpensive speaker parts, including replacement grills and cloth.

You may also want to consider the laminates available through them as well. I don't know what the exact finish is on your speakers, but they do have some black vinyl stick-on speaker laminate (along with other colors) that can be cut to fit that silver square. You could also use something to affix them other than the stick-on part if you're going to remove the piece later.
Sony Grand Wega SXRD KDS 50-A2000 1080p
Yamaha HTR-6080 7.1 Ch Natural Sound Receiver
Sony PS4 Pro / Yamaha DVD-S2500 SACD Player
Monster Reference Power Conditioner 3500 Mk II
Aurasound LSM-828M Standmounters, LSC-537M Centers F & R, LSB-527M SL & SR, all w/Line Source ribbon tweeters / Realistic Super Tweeters
XLO Electric Reference Speaker Cables
Miller & Kriesel MX-125 Mk. II & MX-70B Subwoofers
Old 06-29-2009, 02:47 PM   #7
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2007

Just got a pair of Infinity Primus P362's at Frys for $99ea (reg. $299ea)!!! Been waiting for this sale for months now. Can't wait to set them up and update my gallery!

Old 06-29-2009, 03:04 PM   #8

Jan 2009
Positioning myself in front of the crease, getting slashed behind the knees by Billy Smith! :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
Just got a pair of Infinity Primus P362's at Frys for $99ea (reg. $299ea)!!! Been waiting for this sale for months now. Can't wait to set them up and update my gallery!

Great price and an even better looking set of speakers. Congrats, they really look awesome Shultzy! How's the little one by the way......
VIDEO
Projector:Sanyo PLV-Z60
Screen:Elite 92" Manual
TV:Samsung 46A650
Blu-Ray Player:Oppo BDP-83
DVR:DirecTv HR34-700
AUDIO(6.2)
AVR:Pioneer Elite SC-05
Amps:3 Emotiva UPA-1's
Front Speakers:AV123 RSC-200 "Bigfoot" Center & Rocket Signature 850 Fronts
Surround Speakers:2 X Paradigm Titan v.2 Sides & 1 X Atom v.2 Back
Subs:2- SVS PC12-NSD's
OTHER
Remote:Harmony One
Transducer:
Buttkicker
Protection:Belkin PF-60
Old 06-29-2009, 03:31 PM   #9
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsberg21 View Post
Great price and an even better looking set of speakers. Congrats, they really look awesome Shultzy! How's the little one by the way......
He is doing good, just wish he slept more at night. He freaks out if you don't let himsleep on your chest, only at night though.

Old 06-29-2009, 04:27 PM   #10

Feb 2009
Chicago
Send a message via AIM to ubertaffy

must have been a brief sale. not available any longer. too bad, I have 4 P162s and 2 P150s and love them....but adding those would have been KILLER. I also have the matching C350 and love it.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:35 PM   #11
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubertaffy View Post
must have been a brief sale. not available any longer. too bad, I have 4 P162s and 2 P150s and love them....but adding those would have been KILLER. I also have the matching C350 and love it.
I have been looking for this sale for months now. They do it every 3-4 months I think. Check the Fry's add in your newspaper every Friday.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:51 PM   #12

Feb 2009
Chicago

How long does it last for? I saw your post from this weekend and looked immediately and that was not the case with my local Fry's.... so either it was different per store or it was something that was 1 day or something?

well, i'm jealous hahaha. Crutchfield has these for $199 per speaker which is a great sale as it is. for half that at 99 per speaker, it would be a no-brainer.

I LOVE my center 350 and the P162 speakers really hold their own too. Great line!
Old 06-30-2009, 03:05 PM   #13
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2007

Quote:
How long does it last for? I saw your post from this weekend and looked immediately and that was not the case with my local Fry's.... so either it was different per store or it was something that was 1 day or something?

well, i'm jealous hahaha. Crutchfield has these for $199 per speaker which is a great sale as it is. for half that at 99 per speaker, it would be a no-brainer.

I LOVE my center 350 and the P162 speakers really hold their own too. Great line!
It should last a week. My ad said it went from June 26th - July 2nd.

Old 06-30-2009, 04:06 PM   #14

Feb 2009
Chicago

do you mind telling me what fry's you were able to get these at? I have checked the couple of closest ones and they have the same $299 ea price that the website has, which is 3 times your price and even higher than most other online sites. As you can tell I'm as excited as you were as I have been looking at these since they had the silver grills.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:17 PM   #15
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2007

Quote:
do you mind telling me what fry's you were able to get these at? I have checked the couple of closest ones and they have the same $299 ea price that the website has, which is 3 times your price and even higher than most other online sites. As you can tell I'm as excited as you were as I have been looking at these since they had the silver grills.
Hear are the only 2 near me. I called both and both had the deal going, but only one had them in box, the other had floor demos. The ad was in my local newspaper on Friday and it said it lasted for 1 week. I know at AVS in the Infinity Primus thread, I saw posts from Texas and California that had the deal going too.

http://www.frys.com/isp/phoenix.html

http://www.frys.com/isp/tempe.html

Old 06-30-2009, 05:05 PM   #16

Feb 2009
Chicago

well thanks much for your help. unfortunately it looks like it is not to be. both those AZ stores would not ship to IL and my local chicagoland stores are not aware of that sale (odd?). and the only place that will ship is the online version but as mentioned above the price is actually worse than other places.

Guess I'll keep looking...
Old 06-30-2009, 05:39 PM   #17
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2007

Quote:
well thanks much for your help. unfortunately it looks like it is not to be. both those AZ stores would not ship to IL and my local chicagoland stores are not aware of that sale (odd?). and the only place that will ship is the online version but as mentioned above the price is actually worse than other places.

Guess I'll keep looking...
Is it possible for your stores to contact the ones in AZ or vice versa? I would think chicago would price match Arizona, Texas, and California.

Old 06-30-2009, 06:56 PM   #18

Feb 2009
Chicago

oddly, the stores you gave me list the price as you said... 99 bucks. and the sales guy i talked to assumed they would price match from any store. my chicago store is listed at 299 (strike one), will NOT price match any other store (strike 2) and when I asked if I could have him or a manager call their other store who said they would... said they were out of inventory anyways so its a moot point (strike 3).

again, thanks for your help and enjoy those towers!! I would have rather had the ones that had the silver grills to match the rest of my primus line. can't find those anywhere and getting the replacement grills are $40 a piece plus shipping and tax.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:09 PM   #19
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2007
Washington, DC
Send a message via AIM to statikcat Send a message via Yahoo to statikcat

You can get the P362 on ebay from seller harmonmusic for around 130$ anytime. I bought my Infinity PC350 from them
Display: LG 47LW5600 3d LED
Receiver: Pioneer VSX-1019
Gaming: PS3, 360, Wii, PC -Win7 64 AMD X4 940, ATI 6870
Speakers: Fronts: Energy RC50 Center:Energy Veritas V-5.2 Surrounds: Polk Monitor 50 Sub: Acoustic Audio HD-SUB12
Media: HTPC 1000B PC - Streaming from 6tb server - WMC w/ Mediabrowser extension

Old 07-09-2009, 10:31 AM   #20

Jul 2009
USA

Current setup is Infinity Beta C360 center
Infinity Beta 50s for the mains
Sony SSF-7000 for the rears