COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99
The Doctor and the Devils (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Defiance: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$37.99
Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$80.76
Fargo: Season One (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Titanic 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.98
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Dukas: Ariane et Barbe-Bleue | Liceu (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Megamind 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.70
Zodiac (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Ring (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Legend of Korra - Book One: Air (Blu-ray)
$14.22
Captain America: The First Avenger (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Rio 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Old 08-25-2011, 06:49 PM   #2041
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicmaterial View Post
i ain't comparing Biggie to Jay and Kanye....both are so far past anything he's ever done it wouldn't even make sense.

I'm comparing Biggie to all the mainstream artists today that everyone hates on and says have no substance and only rhyme about money girls cars and clothes. That's exactly what Biggie rhymed about, sure tell me "he told great stories too" but what were those stories about.....money girls cars and clothes. Biggie had just as little substance as all these mainstream rappers everyone hates today
dude. jay and ye aint on biggies level...jay fell off HARD....and if thats really what you think about Biggie then idk what to say...that wasnt what he was about at all... money girls cars and clothes... REALLY?
Oh, you should never, never doubt what nobody is sure about. ~WiLLy WonKa~

PSN - Lacit
Old 08-25-2011, 06:49 PM   #2042
Gaming Moderator

Jul 2008
Arkham Asylum

Old 08-25-2011, 06:53 PM   #2043

Mar 2011
New England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacit170 View Post
dude. jay and ye aint on biggies level...jay fell off HARD....and if thats really what you think about Biggie then idk what to say...that wasnt what he was about at all... money girls cars and clothes... REALLY?

Jay fell off? Watch the Throne just broke all the iTunes records and is currently #1 on Billboard. How is that falling off? You can tell me sales don't matter but we're talking about falling off, that directly relates to sales.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:00 PM   #2044
Community Gaming Moderator

Mar 2009
Jacksonville, FL

I gave Watch the Throne a 2nd listen in it's entirety today. Album kind of sucks. Jay is trying to imitate more of Kanye especially in Blueprint 3 or even try to develop a new style of his. Not sure, but he doesn't sound comfortable at all in this album. Even Ye wasn't at his best in this album.

It's going to sell big time regardless because these are 2 huge names in the industry, but it doesn't matter now though because they have my money, and the album blows. It took a while for Kanye's last album to grow on me, but at the end I like a lot. For Watch the Throne, this may be one of those albums where I may not listen to again mainly because a lot of it didn't make sense.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:11 PM   #2045
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. J View Post

i can't even take this thread serious anymore. Kanye past anything BIG has ever did? Nas irrelevant??? Jeeeez, I'm better off discussing hip-hop with my wife who doesn't even listen to it
kanye is mainstream nonsense made to appeal to mass amounts of people... first time ive heard Biggie talked about negatively....

Quote:
Biggie dropped 2 albums then died. Kanye has dropped 5 classic albums and now has Watch the Throne, he musically has taken hip hop further than anyone else ever has and he's made it epic every single time. Biggie has 2 albums, TWO, how much of a legend can you really be with only 2 albums????

And Nas......how's that "Nasty" single doing? That still getting crazy amounts of airplay....oh wait no.....it completely fell off. Where is his album at anyway? Does it even have a release date?
i havent heard 1 song of kanyes id consider classic let alone an album...again with your ridiculous, how this or thatdoing on the radio or sales...you just prove how stupid the common American is... Nas and Biggie are both legends...how many of those little cute garbage radio/club rappers will you be able to say that about?

Quote:
Haha I love how if I like music that's popular it automatically makes me a sheep or a follower or whatever. Did it ever occur to yall that I actually like the music that's out there that's popular?

I've been listening to hip hop since 1988, therefore I've lived through and seen all the so-called "golden age" hip hop. I bumped Poor Righteous Teachers albums when they were slept on, Boogiemonsters, heard Gang Starr when Step in the Arena was out. I remember 36 and Midnight dropping on the same day. All this.....I've never once listened to something because I was told to. I listen to what I like.

With all that said......yo I'm really crying at Pac still being the best rapper, dude been dead for 15 years! How you still holding on to some fake studio gangster's weak rhymes all these years later?

As far as Kanye....MUSICALLY he's taken hip hop further than anyone else. On a mainstream success level, yes, the groundwork was already there with Interscope but Kanye has pushed the musical boundaries of hip hop since he entered the game and he's only gone further with it over time. Kanye is a musical genius, love him or hate him that fact cannot be denied.
how can you not like Pac? saying he went "thug" and fake yet, you like these clowns on the radio now?

Quote:
Please explain.....how am I in my own world?

I said Kanye has pushed the boundaries of music further than anyone else, something that practically every journalist and reviewer of his music has commented on, from Pitchfork to AllMusic to Rolling Stone to LA Weekly to everything. I'm clearly with the majority on that opinion.

I also mentioned how no one is telling me what to like, that I simply listen to what I like, which also is a pretty rational thing to do.

So where exactly do I live in my own world?
just keep agreeing with the websites and journalists and ya cant be wrong right?

Quote:
Pac was a fake studio gangster who emulated the life he wanted to live based on what he rapped about. He got killed because he was a fraud and he couldn't back the words he was speaking. My knowledge of hip hop can't be rejected simply because of my opinions. This one of those "you don't agree with me so you're stupid" arguments...pointless, I don't like Pac, doesn't mean I'm any less of a rap fan, just means I have my own preferences.

Quote:
Clearly you're a huge Pac fan, and that's fine. A lot of people are. For me, after Strictly I really just couldn't get into him anymore pause. First two albums were dope, he was on that revolutionary game speaking real truths, then he played out his little "thug life" image and starting just being ridiculous. He tried too hard. 2Pacalypse and Strictly was truth. I could feel his music then, I could feel his message, but after that he was trying so hard and it just sounded contrived to me. Plus I always considered him a much better poet/writer than an MC. His words were great, but he wasn't that great of a rapper.

And for me....it's just about good music. Good music is good music and Kanye makes good music. Pac hasn't made good music since before he died and I'm all set with consistently listening to old music when there's so much great new music out there.
Pac hasnt made good music since before he died??? wtf is that supposed to mean....you said you only liked his first 2 albums

PSN - Lacit
Old 08-25-2011, 07:14 PM   #2046
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaCruz View Post
I gave Watch the Throne a 2nd listen in it's entirety today. Album kind of sucks. Jay is trying to imitate more of Kanye especially in Blueprint 3 or even try to develop a new style of his. Not sure, but he doesn't sound comfortable at all in this album. Even Ye wasn't at his best in this album.

It's going to sell big time regardless because these are 2 huge names in the industry, but it doesn't matter now though because they have my money, and the album blows. It took a while for Kanye's last album to grow on me, but at the end I like a lot. For Watch the Throne, this may be one of those albums where I may not listen to again mainly because a lot of it didn't make sense.
dude youre wrong! its the best album ever made becuase its #1 on the billboard and 10000000 raving teenage girls bought the album and say so...god youre so dumb, dont you know anything???!!!!!??!
[Show spoiler]

PSN - Lacit
Old 08-25-2011, 07:16 PM   #2047
Special Member

Apr 2011
Missouri

Quote:
dude youre wrong! its the best album ever made becuase its #1 on the billboard and 10000000 raving teenage girls bought the album and say so...god youre so dumb, dont you know anything???!!!!!??!
[Show spoiler]
Like...oh my GOD becky look at her butt..
"A smart man knows his limits
A great man knows he has none"---Court Dog
Old 08-25-2011, 07:49 PM   #2048
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008

to be fair... i still havent downloaded that jay n ye cd yet... might do that when i get home and let you know what i really think... but, knowing these two, i already know what im getting into

PSN - Lacit
Old 08-25-2011, 08:32 PM   #2049

Mar 2011
New England

Quote:
how can you not like Pac?
how can you not like Jay and Kanye?

Everyone got their own preferences. Listen to what you like and that's that.

And I cite journalists and sites because in 50 years that's the history that will be remembered.

I could get on here and say "Non-Fiction" by Black Sheep is the best album in rap history, but I'd be one of the only people saying that. Now I might believe that statement and I might stand by it, but that doesn't mean it's going to be an accepted fact in the general music listening public.

In the general public of people who listen to music (which you can call stupid or sheep or whatever, doesn't matter, the majority has influence) Kanye is the best musician in the game right now. Now yall don't have to agree with that and no one is stopping you from having your own opinions. But to say Kanye is total trash....you won't find many people who agree with you on that statement.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:31 PM   #2050
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008

Quote:
how can you not like Jay and Kanye?

Everyone got their own preferences. Listen to what you like and that's that.

And I cite journalists and sites because in 50 years that's the history that will be remembered.

I could get on here and say "Non-Fiction" by Black Sheep is the best album in rap history, but I'd be one of the only people saying that. Now I might believe that statement and I might stand by it, but that doesn't mean it's going to be an accepted fact in the general music listening public.

In the general public of people who listen to music (which you can call stupid or sheep or whatever, doesn't matter, the majority has influence) Kanye is the best musician in the game right now. Now yall don't have to agree with that and no one is stopping you from having your own opinions. But to say Kanye is total trash....you won't find many people who agree with you on that statement.
Best is an opinion...pure and simple....and i hate the way Kanye raps, never liked him... hes a producer imo, not a rapper... and i like good Jayz.....unfortunately, 90% of what he puts out is garbage imo....trust me, most of my friends love Jay so i know im alone there... and some like Kanye and some dont... just dont like his style at all...and him as a person, hes a jerk off

PSN - Lacit
Old 08-26-2011, 03:56 PM   #2051
Special Member

Apr 2011
Missouri

Quote:
Best is an opinion...pure and simple....and i hate the way Kanye raps, never liked him... hes a producer imo, not a rapper... and i like good Jayz.....unfortunately, 90% of what he puts out is garbage imo....trust me, most of my friends love Jay so i know im alone there... and some like Kanye and some dont... just dont like his style at all...and him as a person, hes a jerk off
My thoughts exactly. Kanye is only a good producer. Not a double threat like Dre. Now I have previewed a couple of the Carter IV tracks and let me tell you. They should come in rock form...cuz they are dope
Old 08-26-2011, 05:16 PM   #2052
Power Member

Sep 2010
Cincinnati

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeesmay View Post
My thoughts exactly. Kanye is only a good producer. Not a double threat like Dre. Now I have previewed a couple of the Carter IV tracks and let me tell you. They should come in rock form...cuz they are dope
yeah it's pretty slick i was surprised to hear Andre 3000 with Tech N9ne on the track interlude since Andre wasn't listed as a feature.
Michael Myers Scare Prank
http://youtu.be/Seff-IsTO_0

Tron Legacy: Aerosol Mural
http://vimeo.com/23641625
Old 08-26-2011, 05:39 PM   #2053
Special Member

Apr 2011
Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by technique View Post
yeah it's pretty slick i was surprised to hear Andre 3000 with Tech N9ne on the track interlude since Andre wasn't listed as a feature.
yeah, tech is a hometown favorite. Hes been around forever and Im glad to see him get some national recognition. There is a Wayne interview somewhere I saw where he says that no one he knew had ever heard of him, but as soon as he did he knew that he needed him on a track.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:17 PM   #2054
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008

Quote:
yeah, tech is a hometown favorite. Hes been around forever and Im glad to see him get some national recognition. There is a Wayne interview somewhere I saw where he says that no one he knew had ever heard of him, but as soon as he did he knew that he needed him on a track.
yea i like Tech but dont like Wayne...raps like he got down syndrome

PSN - Lacit
Old 08-26-2011, 06:19 PM   #2055
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2009

Quote:
Here we go with this again. give it up already. It's like every 5-10 pages you bring this up.
Does it kill you to use a question mark when asking a question? -- O V N
Old 08-26-2011, 06:22 PM   #2056
Special Member

Apr 2011
Missouri

Quote:
yea i like Tech but dont like Wayne...raps like he got down syndrome
I respect wayne for his lyrical style. He will do an entire song or album that is line for line metaphor after metaphor. May be the same message recycled, but presented metaphorically entirely different. most rappers have too much filler and only can manage a decent metaphor every bar or 2. He has skill, but yeah his delivery is definately not for everyone.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:23 PM   #2057
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2009

Quote:
OMG. Let's get this straight you think Kanye can't rap and Dre can. Dre needs people to write for him and most of the time he can't deliver. I would love to see if Dre could spit like Kanye does on Diamonds or Can't Tell Me Nothing. The closest Dre came to that was on Let Me Ride.
Does it kill you to use a question mark when asking a question? -- O V N
Old 08-26-2011, 06:27 PM   #2058
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
Here we go with this again. give it up already. It's like every 5-10 pages you bring this up.
yea i know.... sorry that is the current discussion going on... when you come up for air from kanyes nuts... maybe you can contribute

PSN - Lacit
Old 08-26-2011, 06:30 PM   #2059
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008

Quote:
OMG. Let's get this straight you think Kanye can't rap and Dre can. Dre needs people to write for him and most of the time he can't deliver. I would love to see if Dre could spit like Kanye does on Diamonds or Can't Tell Me Nothing. The closest Dre came to that was on Let Me Ride.
come up for air bro....ya know what... maybe Kanye should stick to writing and let the rappers who can spit do that....

yea, Dre has a lot of his shit written.... who cares though... its entertainment....he can spit, hes Dre....you dont like the Chronic?

PSN - Lacit
Old 08-26-2011, 06:33 PM   #2060
Special Member

Apr 2011
Missouri

Quote:
You must be right. Every real man/ganster rap enjoyer always uses the terms OMG and smilies. I am glad people like you don't like the same rappers I do...I'd feel a little loose in the backside..
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Music / Audiophiles