COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Walking Dead: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$59.96
Inside Llewyn Davis (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Last Action Hero (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Oldboy (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Cannibal Holocaust (Blu-ray)
$25.78
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 Double Pack (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Lilo & Stitch / Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch (Blu-ray)
$16.09
Pacific Rim (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Sorcerer (Blu-ray)
$19.59
Jaws (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Fantasista Doll: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$37.28
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$189.99
The Legend of Billie Jean (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Swimmer (Blu-ray)
$17.29
Lake Placid (Blu-ray)
$18.99
World War Z 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.18
The Party (Blu-ray)
$17.49
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Triple Feature (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Old 05-09-2009, 04:20 AM   #61
Mr. J Mr. J is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Mr. J's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
On One
12
400
5
4
153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH3AR View Post
ok then im not the person to dis other peoples music either and i respect all kinds too, so we will have to play some RE5 sometime...
Absolutely! You'll see me on!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:23 AM   #62
PH3AR PH3AR is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
PH3AR's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
Dover, Pennsylvania PSN:WORKINtheCORNER
8
312
2
Send a message via MSN to PH3AR Send a message via Skype™ to PH3AR
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayvo2008 View Post
Absolutely! You'll see me on!
im on right now as well but im updating Burnout Paradise and its taking forever going on 4hrs now but almost done...ill send ya a message when done the update on psn
Last Blu-ray Watched: Elysium (PQ 5/5, AQ 4.5/5, MOVIE 5/5)
Last Blu-ray(s) Bought: SOA: Season 5 & Warrior
Most Wanted Blus: 1941, Bad Boys II, and True Lies
My Home Theater Thread | PS3 Games | PSN Profile
"oh wait... time to check in on a random Beef-Jerky or 50 Year Old Hot Actress thread"-Beta Man
"Just wait till I start talking about my juicebar adventures.."-Moefiz
"well, i have the best of both worlds. i'm married to my HT"-Sussudio
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:26 AM   #63
Mr. J Mr. J is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Mr. J's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
On One
12
400
5
4
153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAST View Post
It's out there you just have to look. But you are right must of the stuff you that is easily acessable today(on radio or tv)is very watered down.
exactly!!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:36 AM   #64
crackinhedz crackinhedz is offline
Super Moderator
 
crackinhedz's Avatar
 
Feb 2007
Orlando,FLA Relocated To: Lynchburg,VA
10
8
19
Default



...he's been on a whole 'nother level. G.O.A.T.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:47 PM   #65
child of the sun child of the sun is offline
Active Member
 
child of the sun's Avatar
 
Apr 2008
Secret City, MA
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejet View Post
My fav is and will always be Del Tha Funky Homosapien. One reason:

Deltron 3030
thats my fav del album... dan tha automator went nuts on the production !!! wish i could find the instrumental album
psn id: child_of_the_sun

DVD's will be officially buried once all my SD's are available on BD!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:49 PM   #66
child of the sun child of the sun is offline
Active Member
 
child of the sun's Avatar
 
Apr 2008
Secret City, MA
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar780 View Post
K'Naan is pretty good lyrically, all things considered...

Doom is always good for a laugh and has never stooped to changing his style for anyone


Shad K. (Canadian rapper) has great lyrics and is a positive rapper... and he makes me laugh
"I put the smackdown like its rehab/ Make sure that there's no relapse with these cats/ You cowards couldnt rap this dope with a zigzag/ I let my lips drag spittin with some big swag/ It's sad all these wannabes/ Wantin to be Jay, then K-West wannabes/ Star of The Roc, kid ya not Sean Connery/ But like The Rock I'm surrounded by watery/ Flows, still it really don't bother me/ Fake ballers, we game callers like Ben Wallace-in while I breath/ Quality music, gettin quality spins/ Ya'll stay 2nd-rate Chingy's at the Quality Inn/ Now thats a joke to a real rapper/ I could decrease the skill factor and I'd still make you feel wacker/ Aww gee, now you got me cocky/ Cats say "You the illest" I'm like Nah B, Nah B.../ Well okay probly/ But thats because I rap like its my hobby/ And not a jobby-job all sloppy and off-key/ Ya'll mad as March, tryna knock off the top-seed/ I'm in the mix like Roxy/ So hot, he even get props from Neo-Nazis/"
k'naan & doom are 2 of my favs. btw did u know doom was in the group KMD?
psn id: child_of_the_sun

DVD's will be officially buried once all my SD's are available on BD!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:57 PM   #67
child of the sun child of the sun is offline
Active Member
 
child of the sun's Avatar
 
Apr 2008
Secret City, MA
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozen_1ne View Post
let's see everyone's most underrated mc's.

royce da 5'9"
little brother
inspectah deck
mc lyte
grand puba


mc lyte is my fav female emcee of all time! matter of fact ... top 5 female emcees
1 lyte 2 lauryn hill3 jean gray 4 bahamadia 5 isis from x clan
psn id: child_of_the_sun

DVD's will be officially buried once all my SD's are available on BD!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:59 PM   #68
child of the sun child of the sun is offline
Active Member
 
child of the sun's Avatar
 
Apr 2008
Secret City, MA
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayvo2008 View Post
My most underrated has to be Joe Budden! WTF was Def Jam thinking????
his new album "padded room" is dope!!! I love how he spits!
psn id: child_of_the_sun

DVD's will be officially buried once all my SD's are available on BD!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:24 PM   #69
Mr. J Mr. J is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Mr. J's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
On One
12
400
5
4
153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by child of the sun View Post
his new album "padded room" is dope!!! I love how he spits!
Yeah, Joey is definitely my favorite "new" artist so to speak!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 10:17 PM   #70
petenad petenad is offline
Active Member
 
Mar 2008
N.S.
102
1
Default

Is it alright to actually cut Up Rap (missing C in the front) on this thread I really don't consider it music.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:47 PM   #71
Mr. J Mr. J is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Mr. J's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
On One
12
400
5
4
153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by petenad View Post
Is it alright to actually cut Up Rap (missing C in the front) on this thread I really don't consider it music.
Who cares what you think? Seriously, I just asked another user 'Why the f*ck would you come in a thread that specifically says "Hip-Hop Discussion", and try to bash it?' Same question applies to you! WHY?

Just out of curiosity, what do you consider music? Cause I guarantee you there are PLENTY of people who call you're genre of music crap as well!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:31 AM   #72
petenad petenad is offline
Active Member
 
Mar 2008
N.S.
102
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayvo2008 View Post
Who cares what you think? Seriously, I just asked another user 'Why the f*ck would you come in a thread that specifically says "Hip-Hop Discussion", and try to bash it?' Same question applies to you! WHY?

Just out of curiosity, what do you consider music? Cause I guarantee you there are PLENTY of people who call you're genre of music crap as well!
Well your right I put a smiley face because I know i was gonna get some flac but all in good fun. But what I consider music is a bunch of guys or gals who sit down and write some lyrics and can actually play instruments and put it together and entertain people who appreciate the talent it takes to DO that!!.
Rather than watching and asking from experience where the group is setting up there gear and have them respond "what Gear" to set up on stage!!! To which I chuckle ok what are you plugging in " oh this tape machine" and then sell out to 1500 die hard fans of pre recorded c "rap" lol that's what happens. I do like Linkin Park they have talent. But to the guys who say" put your hand's up" they got nothin.
Anyway your right I know my son thinks some of my older rock and roll is crap but I do like some of his rock stuff but they are real bands who write real music and play real instruments. And I'm glad that there is music for all and you can enjoy what you wish I just don't consider it MUSIC.

Last edited by petenad; 05-10-2009 at 12:34 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 01:01 AM   #73
Mr. J Mr. J is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Mr. J's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
On One
12
400
5
4
153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by petenad View Post
Well your right I put a smiley face because I know i was gonna get some flac but all in good fun. But what I consider music is a bunch of guys or gals who sit down and write some lyrics and can actually play instruments and put it together and entertain people who appreciate the talent it takes to DO that!!.
Rather than watching and asking from experience where the group is setting up there gear and have them respond "what Gear" to set up on stage!!! To which I chuckle ok what are you plugging in " oh this tape machine" and then sell out to 1500 die hard fans of pre recorded c "rap" lol that's what happens. I do like Linkin Park they have talent. But to the guys who say" put your hand's up" they got nothin.
Anyway your right I know my son thinks some of my older rock and roll is crap but I do like some of his rock stuff but they are real bands who write real music and play real instruments. And I'm glad that there is music for all and you can enjoy what you wish I just don't consider it MUSIC.
What you hear my be considered "not good", but there are so many talented emcee's out there! You just haven't heard them! There are emcee's who take time and come up with some of the greatest rap albums ever! Nas is the first one who comes to mind as extremely talented! I respect what you listen to, I also listen to Linkin Park! I think that they're very talented! But there are just as many talented emcees out there as well! They may not be as mainstream as all the garbage rappers but thats another story! All rap isn't crap and I can admit that there are a bunch of garbage mainstream rappers! But there are just as many talented emcee's that don't get that radio play! That's what I consider music!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 01:33 AM   #74
petenad petenad is offline
Active Member
 
Mar 2008
N.S.
102
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayvo2008 View Post
What you hear my be considered "not good", but there are so many talented emcee's out there! You just haven't heard them! There are emcee's who take time and come up with some of the greatest rap albums ever! Nas is the first one who comes to mind as extremely talented! I respect what you listen to, I also listen to Linkin Park! I think that they're very talented! But there are just as many talented emcees out there as well! They may not be as mainstream as all the garbage rappers but thats another story! All rap isn't crap and I can admit that there are a bunch of garbage mainstream rappers! But there are just as many talented emcee's that don't get that radio play! That's what I consider music!!
Well hey not to be a total you know what can you suggest a few that I can get a hold of and listen to and I WILL honestly give a listen maybe I'm being closed minded.......being an old fart and all
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 01:41 AM   #75
Mr. J Mr. J is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Mr. J's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
On One
12
400
5
4
153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by petenad View Post
Well hey not to be a total you know what can you suggest a few that I can get a hold of and listen to and I WILL honestly give a listen maybe I'm being closed minded.......being an old fart and all
For example:

Nas
KRS-One
Mos Def
Talib Kweli
Common

Are 5 that pop in my head instantly! But its still rap ya know, so you still may not like it! But those are some very talented emcees! I honestly try not to be closed minded to music! There is music in every genre that I simply cannot stand and I can understand why some people think that a lot a rap is just noise, considering what gets radio play and all! But don't rule out every rap artist because a select few! There are many talented artist that just need to be pushed. And I actually blame record labels for that.....and the dumb teenage fans that buy into it also!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 06:36 AM   #76
MaCruz MaCruz is offline
Community Gaming Moderator
 
MaCruz's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
Jacksonville, FL
99
485
17
23
95
Default

Just got home and was listening to "War" by Nas-Streets Disciple 2 disc album... all I can say that song is ILLMATIC.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 06:47 PM   #77
Mr. J Mr. J is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Mr. J's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
On One
12
400
5
4
153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by macruz19 View Post
Just got home and was listening to "War" by Nas-Streets Disciple 2 disc album... all I can say that song is ILLMATIC.
Nas has too many illmatic tracks!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:11 PM   #78
CAST CAST is offline
Active Member
 
Dec 2008
222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by petenad View Post
Well hey not to be a total you know what can you suggest a few that I can get a hold of and listen to and I WILL honestly give a listen maybe I'm being closed minded.......being an old fart and all
There is a guy from Nova Scotia who is realy good at what he does. His name is Buck 65. On his early albums the credits read all sounds by Buck 65. You hear his stuff and still dont think it's music, than I don't know if there is any hope of changing your mind.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:17 PM   #79
mikejet mikejet is offline
Banned
 
mikejet's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Los Angeles, CA
5
29
Default

Saigon will steer popular rap in the right direction.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:39 PM   #80
CAST CAST is offline
Active Member
 
Dec 2008
222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejet View Post
Saigon will steer popular rap in the right direction.
One can only hope.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Music / Audiophiles

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
Fans of Hip-Hop...Do You Find It Hard To Defend It?? Music / Audiophiles Mr. J 103 05-29-2011 05:26 AM
VH1's Greatest Hip Hop songs General Chat Crim122 74 06-21-2010 02:44 PM
For Hip Hop Fans Only.... Music / Audiophiles Groo The Perverted 13 12-08-2009 02:30 AM
Best hip hop album of the year? General Chat Crim122 40 12-05-2008 08:59 PM
Hip-Hop Colin Powell General Chat mikejet 2 10-15-2008 11:22 PM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:46 PM.