Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Black Friday Deals Week is Live »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Heat (Blu-ray)
$3.99
1 hr ago
Deadpool 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
23 hrs ago
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00

The X-Files: The Complete Season 11 (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Legion: The Complete Season One (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Fargo: Year Two (Blu-ray)
$6.99
19 hrs ago
Skyscraper 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
21 hrs ago
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Blu-ray)
$3.99
23 hrs ago
Homeland: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Morgan (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Gone Girl (Blu-ray)
$3.99

The Spy Who Dumped Me 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
21 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Patient-X

Conversation Between Patient-X and rkolinski
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. Patient-X
    02-25-2014 05:21 PM
    Patient-X
    Wow, I was expecting "it's ok" or "it's crap" thanks a lot for that information. I might take a chance and get hold of the Australian Blu ray. This was one of my childhood favourites.
  2. rkolinski
    02-25-2014 01:48 PM
    rkolinski
    I've never owned the DVD for Taras Bulba so I have no frame of reference to compare it to anything else. I do think it looks better than the TV broadcasts I've seen of the film and the color is outstanding. Still, comparing it to the recent film Blue Max released by Twilight Time, I'd say this release of Taras Bulba is a 3.5/5.0 for PQ and 3.0/5.0 for Audio. There is only Dolby Digital 2.0 (mono); no lossless audio. No subtitles nor are there any extras. The disc only has the play option under menu and chapter stop selection. Hope this helps (also, I just updated info regarding the BD because it did play under Region A as well as Region B in my Oppo BDP 103D. Hope this info helps; me I wanted it because I LOVE movies with Yul Bryner and Tony Curtis and it had the beautiful actress, Christine Kaufmann, Tony Curtis' first wife!
  3. Patient-X
    02-24-2014 06:57 PM
    Patient-X
    Hi, I see you have Taras Bulba in your collection. I was wondering what's the quality like? Thanks.