Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Rampage (Blu-ray)
$9.99
17 hrs ago
Paul, Apostle of Christ (Blu-ray)
$15.50

The Invisible Man: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99

Chappaquiddick (Blu-ray)
$14.99
23 hrs ago
Halloween 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.00

Oculus (Blu-ray)
$6.99

The House of the Devil (Blu-ray)
$8.99
10 hrs ago
Venom 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
12 hrs ago
A Quiet Place (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Tomb Raider (Blu-ray)
$15.99

Alpha (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Some Like It Hot (Blu-ray)
$19.59

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Badas

Conversation Between Badas and L-Rouge
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 22
  1. Badas
    06-14-2016 04:22 AM
    Badas
    yes i'm unfortunate enough to have not experienced that aspect, relatively speaking that xtra boost would suit a 40 ft screen no doubt. Im sorry too, I thought your Darbee unit was a small external plugin device, did noty realize OPPO had them inbuilt, how sweet.

I had the external version of Darbee for a while. However firmware updates were a pain. In the Oppo the Darbee updates just come as a part of the players firmware updates. So I decided to change to that.
  2. L-Rouge
    06-14-2016 03:56 AM
    L-Rouge
    yes i'm unfortunate enough to have not experienced that aspect, relatively speaking that xtra boost would suit a 40 ft screen no doubt. Im sorry too, I thought your Darbee unit was a small external plugin device, did noty realize OPPO had them inbuilt, how sweet.
  3. Badas
    06-14-2016 03:28 AM
    Badas
    can your VRS and Darbee units be used on 4k material?. I wouldn't be surprised if something like that wasn't too far away.

Both are inbuilt into the Oppo BDP103D. My understanding is that player adds it's enhancement to a 1080P signal and then the player upscales and sends 4K. I've tried Deadpool 4K (filmed in 4K) and Deadpool 1080P with enhancements then sent as a 4K signal. In a blind test I could not tell them apart.

However yes. I would not be surprised if the eventual Oppo 4K player had 4K enhancement software. That might push it to another level. In saying that how far do we want to push it??? Occasionally I find ultra detail distracts from the movie experience.
  4. L-Rouge
    06-14-2016 02:41 AM
    L-Rouge
    can your VRS and Darbee units be used on 4k material?. I wouldn't be surprised if something like that wasn't too far away.
  5. Badas
    06-12-2016 09:13 PM
    Badas
    so the star treks are out in UHD and are sweeping the technical stakes,

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Star-T...153633/#Review

you have upgraded already right?. mate please let us know what you think when/if you grab th etitles ;-).

cheers

Kinda upgraded. Kinda not. More 4K experiment. I have a 4K projector. However I don't have a 4K player. The titles I have watched I have borrowed my mates Samsung 4K player. Just to do some comparing between 4K and 1080P. If I go 4K I need to upgrade my AVR as well. No HDMI 2.2. So I'm kinda on the fence about 4K. Nothing I've seen so far has made me crave 4K. 1080P with a bit of detail enhancement (I use VRS and Darbee together) really looks 4K anyway. Without getting into new hardware. I might skip 4K and wait for 16K . I'm really waiting to see if Oppo has something cool. If I don't see something cool then I will stick to up scaled 1080P with detail enhancement.
  6. L-Rouge
    06-12-2016 04:47 AM
    L-Rouge
    so the star treks are out in UHD and are sweeping the technical stakes,

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Star-T...153633/#Review

you have upgraded already right?. mate please let us know what you think when/if you grab th etitles ;-).

cheers
  7. L-Rouge
    10-28-2014 04:53 AM
    L-Rouge
    TMNT is shit, has a story where you ask "why Bother"? but it is short, has pretty cool action. and I liked the turtles themselves. It does have a good sonic field!.
  8. Badas
    10-28-2014 12:00 AM
    Badas
    I see Paramount have Hurcules, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Step up as their next selection of ATMOS titles. hardly inspiring, but hopefully they'll sound terrific. haha. are you considering grabbing them for the soundtrack?. ordinarily I wouldn't bat an eyelid for em.

Atmos is fun but not that much fun Nothing can save those type of films. Might rent Turtles as the sons want to see it. Certainly not going to buy
  9. L-Rouge
    10-27-2014 11:15 PM
    L-Rouge
    I see Paramount have Hurcules, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Step up as their next selection of ATMOS titles. hardly inspiring, but hopefully they'll sound terrific. haha. are you considering grabbing them for the soundtrack?. ordinarily I wouldn't bat an eyelid for em.
  10. L-Rouge
    09-16-2014 10:07 AM
    L-Rouge
    all good, TF4 has to be one of the top releases I've heard at the cinema, the big mothership's magnetic pull put sound and vibration through the chest, it was nearly cathartic!.haha