Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Universal Classic Monsters: Complete 30-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$69.99
9 hrs ago
Rampage (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Paul, Apostle of Christ (Blu-ray)
$14.96

Freedom Fighters: The Ray (Blu-ray)
$9.99
17 hrs ago
Mamma Mia! (Blu-ray)
$6.99
6 hrs ago
The Equalizer 2 (Blu-ray)
$26.34

Constantine: City of Demons: The Movie (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The Maze Runner 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
11 hrs ago
The Invisible Man: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99

The Night Strangler (Blu-ray)
$19.34

Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
22 hrs ago
A Star Is Born (Blu-ray)
$24.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > oildude

Conversation Between oildude and in2video2
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5
  1. in2video2
    12-28-2013 06:06 AM
    in2video2
    Hello, oildude. All the very best for the Holiday Season for you, your family and friends. May 2014 bring out all the very best in each and every one of us. Take care my friend. Miss your friendship and keeping in touch.
  2. oildude
    10-28-2011 05:49 AM
    oildude
    To answer your question, I ordered Midnight Express from bestbuy.com. It was full price ($34.99). The website does not identify it as a digibook and the picture of the cover is too small to tell. But the specs are consistent and I don't believe the film has had a regular blu-ray case release yet.. If it turns out I am wrong, or there is a problem with the disc or anything else, I have the knowledge I can take it back to an actual store. I was willing to pay a bit extra for that security. Besides, the price difference for a new copy between bestbuy.com and ebay is only a few dollars.

Still, this is a lot more than I have ever paid for a digibook, quite a bit above my normal price point. This is what I get for passing on it when it was on sale for $14.99 right after Christmas 2010 because I had already spent so much. I was in no hurry to pick it up and figured it would come around again at that price or less. Next thing I knew, it was OOP.
  3. oildude
    10-28-2011 05:45 AM
    oildude
    Hello, mate. I have been meaning to say thanks for the friend invite. Nice to find another fan of Australian cinema, especially a native. I had a roomate in college from South Australia. He introduced me to Vegemite (definitely an acquired taste), using eucalyptus oil in hot water to clear a head cold, and lots of slang (I still say dunny now and then without realizing it).

Funny thing is, I was the one who introduced him to a lot of Australian movies he had never seen...in fact, the first time he saw Gallipoli was when I rented it.
  4. in2video2
    10-28-2011 04:10 AM
    in2video2
    Hi there, Oildude. If you are lucky enough to get yourself that Digibook release of Midnight Express please share where you managed to get it from. Thank you.
  5. in2video2
    10-01-2011 12:50 AM
    in2video2
    Hello, oildude.
    Noticed your interest in the Australian New Wave movies not reaching Blu-Ray yet. Totally agree with you. As an Australian who grew up in Brisbane outside of the focus on Sydney and Melbourne during this time and professionally trained for that emerging industry, I understand the frustration as well. You and I share many of the same interests in movies in our collections (probably by this stage we should call them "libraries"...) Texas is my home now. Glad to catch up with you. I extended you a friend request. Hope to catch up with you more through the Forum.
    Take care.
    in2video2
    (Leon)