Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Creed II 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Batman: The Complete Animated Series (Blu-ray)
$69.99

Charles Bronson: 4 Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$4.99

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Creed II (Blu-ray)
$24.95

Bumblebee 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Robin Hood (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Robin Hood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

BlacKkKlansman 4K (Blu-ray)
$11.99

The Girl in the Spider's Web (Blu-ray)
$19.95

Once Upon a Deadpool (Blu-ray)
$14.96

Bumblebee (Blu-ray)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > solarrdadd

Conversation Between solarrdadd and The Dragon
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5
  1. The Dragon
    11-09-2017 11:59 AM
    The Dragon
    I understand. As I said, for a true Thor follower to be accepting of this, Marvel did their job. I'm a Captain America guy, and feeling his arc-especially after The Russo's took over, has been exceptional. I don't get all the millennial garbage about he and Bucky being undercover gay and all that. These guys, in The First Avenger were established as brothers, very close, with Bucky always saving and helping Steve, from ladies to fights, to attempts at joining the military. And Steve's values, which are stubbornly stern, as Dr Erkstine said after taking the serum, would become Enhanced along with his physical dynamics. Also factor in they are from a different place in history where men's loyalties, honor and word, had acute value and respect. Far from where we are as a society today. That within itself speaks volumes. Marvel remained so true to this people see what they want but not what's evident. So, I agree with you man, and also look forward to the Blu-Ray Steelbook! Cheers.
  2. solarrdadd
    11-08-2017 10:16 PM
    solarrdadd
    Howdy, I don't compare it to the comics because they are absolutely day and night in their differences. I accept the MCU as it is and enjoy it better that way. I can't go into particulars without posting spoilers but I'm happy how a lot of things turned out and I'm happy that the Director showed love to Jack Kirby throughput the movie. Can't wait to see this again and can't wait to own the UHD steelbook of the movie.
  3. The Dragon
    11-08-2017 08:23 PM
    The Dragon
    Ok. I've seen it, and I'll say it was better than I thought it would be, but I never followed him in the comics, and wanted to know from a true Thor follower what their take is. I posted early during production how I thought Waititi would ruin it and I was wrong. I say it's entertaining, but stop short of saying 'good', because they are two different things. It's definitely the best of the trilogy, but I don't know; there's something there I can't put my finger on. Thanks for responding.
  4. solarrdadd
    11-07-2017 10:41 PM
    solarrdadd
    My review is in the ragnarok thread late sat-sun morning check it there. I've been a Thor fan for 45 years, I'm the real deal fan, go catch my cosplay wearing ass out in the review. Perfect 5/5 and I'll be seeing it at least 1-2 more times in theaters!
  5. The Dragon
    11-07-2017 09:48 PM
    The Dragon
    Hey Solarrdadd, Dragon here. I want to ask, what did you think of Ragnarok? As a huge Thor fan, I respect your opinion. For me, I felt it was entertaining, however, I stop short of saying "good", which are two different things.