Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.99

Fast & Furious 8-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$54.93

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Pokémon: Detective Pikachu 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Conjuring Universe Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.48

Perfect Blue (Blu-ray)
$20.67

The Thin Man (Blu-ray)
$17.97
9 hrs ago
Escape Plan: The Extractors (Blu-ray)
$17.96
15 hrs ago
Polyester (Blu-ray)
$27.37
4 hrs ago
The New Scooby-Doo Movies: The (Almost) Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$30.38

Hellboy (Blu-ray)
$19.99

4D Man (Blu-ray)
$19.98
4 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Tech-UK

Conversation Between Tech-UK and Revolver517
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 18
  1. Tech-UK
    10-19-2014 09:11 PM
    Tech-UK
    Thanks Revolver. I need to save up for the next batch.
  2. Revolver517
    10-18-2014 11:50 PM
    Revolver517
    Tech awesome job on the panels. I'm glad you're enjoying them! I'm sorry for the late response.
  3. Tech-UK
    10-03-2014 09:12 AM
    Tech-UK
    Hey revolver,

I have added some acoustic tiles (check out the HT gallery), they have again improved the sound! Will probably get some more to cover the door and other parts of the room.

I have just used Blu tack to secure them to the walls, so far it is holding them.

Will post some more pic's when I get the next batch of tiles through.

Cheers
    Tech.
  4. Tech-UK
    08-21-2014 10:53 AM
    Tech-UK
    Ok. Thanks revolver. I will look in to it.
  5. Revolver517
    08-19-2014 12:42 PM
    Revolver517
    With your room size I think some 2x2 panels would help your room. Especially the front, back, and size walls.
  6. Tech-UK
    08-15-2014 11:01 AM
    Tech-UK
    Yeah, I may get some panels, although the only place I could put them is on the wall next to the door, and the door itself. The other problem is attaching them to the walls. I don't want to use evo-stik/adhesive, but could perhaps use a good amount of Blu-tack.

The same company that I got my bass traps from, do produce panels as well. Perhaps you could help me choose which type would be the most appropriate:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/pro-acousti...=p4634.c0.m322

Thanks
    Tech.
  7. Revolver517
    08-14-2014 04:58 PM
    Revolver517
    Are you going to add some acoustic panels on the walls at the reflection points? I believe it will help the issues in your room.
  8. Tech-UK
    08-14-2014 09:46 AM
    Tech-UK
    What it hasn't cured which has always been a problem is creating an accurate sound field, dialog/vocals, sounds like it is coming slightly from the left and not dead centre. The speakers are millimetre perfect away from the back wall and angled in the same, and my seat is dead centre. Auto calibration didn't help either (but I prefer not to use that and set my equipment to source direct anyway), but this is most certainly a room issue because the speakers are different distances away from the side walls as you can see from my pic's. So for now I think what I have is the best I can do, until I get a bigger/squarer room.
  9. Tech-UK
    08-14-2014 09:45 AM
    Tech-UK
    Hey,

Thanks for leaving the comment!

Yeah, they made a difference. As you can see, my room is quiet small, and to be honest the speakers are probably too big for the room, the other problem is the distance between them isn't big enough, but the traps improved the sound, especially the low end. They have also cut down on reflection/echo, so I can now crank the system up more without distortion, and it sounds better the closer to reference volume I get!

Although I can only really do that with CD's, movie tracks are loud enough at -30db.

Thanks
    Tech.
  10. Revolver517
    08-13-2014 08:18 PM
    Revolver517
    Tech what's your impressions of the bass traps can you tell the difference? I want to add some corner bass traps down the road.