Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Westworld: Season Two 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Westworld: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The White Princess (Blu-ray)
$7.99
23 hrs ago
Triple Threat (Blu-ray)
$22.27
6 hrs ago
Princess Principal: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99
21 hrs ago
Frame Arms Girl: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$15.99
23 hrs ago
Underworld: Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$25.09

If Beale Street Could Talk (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then the Bigfoot (Blu-ray)
$15.41

Kimagure Orange Road (Blu-ray)
$63.68

Gotham: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$9.99

A Silent Voice (Blu-ray)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > solarrdadd

Conversation Between solarrdadd and AUTOBOT
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 49
  1. AUTOBOT
    12-25-2016 11:33 PM
    AUTOBOT
    Merry Christmas
  2. solarrdadd
    02-02-2015 02:23 PM
    solarrdadd
    what i found was that when i had my pre-amp setup for network control (so that i could use an app to turn it on & off from my iPhone, the unit stayed warm all the time. when i switched that feature off, it's been bone cold all the time except when in actual use.
  3. AUTOBOT
    02-02-2015 12:06 PM
    AUTOBOT
    I too am surprised how much heat these preamps throw off even when in standby mode. If Onkyo does fix it and when you get it back the Component Cooling fan are less than an inch tall.
  4. solarrdadd
    02-01-2015 10:58 PM
    solarrdadd
    cool, but, mine is in a rack that's open on all four sides with about 2" to the upper shelf, which is plenty. having said that, it does get very warm. you would almost think there is a hugh power amp in the thing for speakers it throws off so much heat. in fact, it throws off more heat (by 2-3 times as much) as my emotiva 5 channel amp. that thing barely gets warm. the 5507 is damn toasty. hope it's something they fix in their design of these pre-amps moving forward. i will keep you posted as to what they do for me going forward. but, based on the email and results of the site you linked me to, they say they are going to fix it. if they fix it and it holds on til next year, i'll be happy. i had already been planning on buying the Marantz 7702 pre-amp to replace it, but will hold off if they fix it.
  5. AUTOBOT
    02-01-2015 05:49 PM
    AUTOBOT
    I hope they can fix yours, so far mine has been trouble free.
    After you told me that heat may have been the problem I ordered a Middle Atlantic Component cooler placed it above the hottest part of the vent. I noticed that even when the unit was on standby the fan would run constantly (I always kill power completely) but I it bothered me so I ordered another and put at the other end of the vent. Even still they both ran in standby unless the power to the unit was completely cut off.
    So after using the unit and killing the power the fans will run for about 30 minutes then shut off.
  6. solarrdadd
    02-01-2015 12:16 AM
    solarrdadd
    wow, there was something before on this site and i tried it, but it said i wasn't eligible. i tried this one and it said i am eligible! so i submitted it and they said i'll have 7-10 days to hear back from them. if i can get this thing fixed, i'll be happy as hell! they fixed it out of warranty for an hdmi board back in 2013, but, it failed late last year and they wouldn't fix it again. i'm gonna hold my breath and see what i hear back from them. i already got an autorespond email from them, so, perhaps, within the next two weeks i'll hear something and hopefully, something good. i hope they let me take it back to the same place i took it to before. great work autobot, thanks for the heads up. you should put your unit serial number in, more than likely, you will be given the green light like i was! i'll keep you posted buddy!
  7. AUTOBOT
    01-31-2015 10:49 PM
    AUTOBOT
    Found something interesting on the Onkyo
    I have yet to put in my serial # to see if it is part of the recall
    but FYI here is the link https://repair.onkyousa.com/na/003_2012.php?country=USA
  8. AUTOBOT
    01-30-2015 10:01 PM
    AUTOBOT
    I took the plunge and bought a UHDTV great PQ, but as I am sure you know that early adoption had its pitfalls. There is nothing other than streaming UHD. My TV will stream UHD but only outputs 5.1 dolby digital via toslink so whats the point at this time. Back when I early adopted HD only one channel and few BD players so I wait here is an article with a light at the end of the tunnel http://www.audioholics.com/hdtv-form...-specification
  9. AUTOBOT
    01-08-2015 01:01 AM
    AUTOBOT
    My breaker box in the house was full so they had to add a sub panel.
  10. solarrdadd
    01-06-2015 08:16 PM
    solarrdadd
    i don't understand something, why did they have to add sub panel and why is it outside?